Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Finances got a boost just after this - lost my 3rd best, or 2nd best if not including loans CB on transfer deadline day for his £165k minimum release clause (higher division) to Cardiff . Wasn't too disappointed in that, he was valued at £55k. Picked up an out of contract Spanish player as his replacement, I think he's slighlty better and I might start him for the rest of the season.

No trip to Wembley as Mansfield beat us 3-5 in the EFL trophy a very strange game. They scored 2, we scored 3 in a row, then they scored another 3. Final would have been against Spurs U23.

Will do a league update when we've played more games.
Yeah that looks like a good trade off when you consider the money you made as well. Your finances look pretty good Tbf.

23 points from the latest 10 matches and it would be a disaster not to come up automatically now. Top by 6 points, 10 points clear of 4th placed Accrington with a much better goal difference and only 6 matches left.

Important recent matches were:
Game 33 - Lincoln 2-0 Southport
Game 34 - Southport 4-0 Crewe
Game 36 Southport 5-1 AFC Wimbledon
Game 37 - Accrington 0-3 Southport
Yeah, if your name isn't Ben then you should be safe from there. I'd be surprised if you didn't win the league there as well. Do you have to play either or your rivals?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Yeah that looks like a good trade off when you consider the money you made as well. Your finances look pretty good Tbf.

Yeah, if your name isn't Ben then you should be safe from there. I'd be surprised if you didn't win the league there as well. Do you have to play either or your rivals?

Mansfield away in game 42, comes on the back of an away trip to 15th Port Vale in our next match. It's Saturday-Tuesday which isn't ideal and I've been thinking about resting players in the Port Vale one but I'm not going to. Failing to get a result there would just put more pressure on for the Mansfield match.

Doncaster at home in game 44 aren't bad either.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Just finished my best season on this years FM. Get fecked Liverpool. I hate playing against them and they beat me in both the Charity Shield and the FA Cup Semi-Final so when I saw that they had reached their 6th CL final out of 6 (Really stupid) I feared the worst. Poetic that they score in the dying minutes of regular time to almost break our hearts and then we score in the last minute of ET. :drool:

Unbeaten PL season too! Basically built a super squad now at Everton.

The team that won the final/league that I mainly used was:

Regen GK (15m), Digne, Gvardiol (8m), Holgate, Hakimi (30m), Luis (50m), Camavinga (50m), Kluivert (15m), Reyna (15m), Talles Magno (17m) and Fabio Silva (3m).

Bought them all within a period of 4ish years and they've had 1-2 years to gel together before achieving this. Sadly I'm saying goodbye to Digne this summer as Inter have bid 40m and he's 32 now. Holgate is also on his way out as Real Madrid have bid 60m and he's 28 and the regens I have coming through are better long term.

7th season now and the survivors are Richarlison, Branthwaite and Dobbin. Dobbin is a weird one as he's not that good but he's also quite happy to stay around as a spare part to be used in 5 or so games a year when injuries or suspensions happen and he usually performs alright so kept him.

Also at a point now where I don't know who to buy. I love my squad and the only players that would improve them are the megastars like Fati etc but I dunno if I want to spend 100m on someone and pay them 300k a week. I'm in a pickle at the moment as to what to do with Camavinga because he's unhappy that I didn't sell him to PSG. They bid 150m and in any other save I would have sold him and shoved a regen in that was better but I wanted to try and achieve as much as I could in this save with a squad of real life players.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Finished the season well, 15 out of 18 points. Lost match 41 away at Port Vale with some random CM who had scored 1 all season getting a hat trick. Thought we might be about to bottle it but then won the next 3 which wrapped up the title. Played the rotated squad in the last 2 matches and eked out a couple of 1-0 wins agaisnt Macclesfield and Rochdale to round things off.

Harsh on Mansfield and Doncaster to not go up automatically with that points haul. Mansfield had that game in the hand on the Tuesday after everyone else had already finished because of fixture congestion to possibly seal promotion and they couldn't manage it.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Not sure if I'm doing this too early, but I've always liked to play the game of buying in promising youth players to either give pathways to the first team or to sell on top of developing any good youth in my own academy. Went on Genie Scout and found 10 completely unattached kids. Don't know if regen date just happened in these countries, they're all from from Scandinavia, Austria and Bulgaria. Costing me £170 a week each when their contracts kick in so £1700 a week for the 10 of them which is what some of my main squad players are on so it's potentially the cost of one ok player.

At their full potential they'd all be first team squad memebrs now easily (just about to go into League One) and I think some are better than that, possible PL players here. It's just that my U18s/U23s are awful set ups and I don't know how I'm going to develop them well or to their ability. Can't really afford to increase facilities, get a proper academy or hire a load of coaches. We just have an U23 and U18 team in principle with a manager each and no other staff. They're not in leagues, only play friendlies and the U18s play in the FA Youth Cup. Going to try and do my best with them but I don't know what's going to happen and may have just wasted some wage bill. If we were Championship level I wouldn't mind the £1700 a week but I'm at a point where we still might find it useful.

About to go on my full summer recruitment drive now to improve the first team squad, here's Genie Scout's impression of how these 10 all could turn out. Remember though, that I don't think I'll get them there though and they're nothing like that now. Conference North/South (tier 6 level) according to my coaches at the moment.

Last edited:

sebsheep

Just finished my best season on this years FM. Get fecked Liverpool. I hate playing against them and they beat me in both the Charity Shield and the FA Cup Semi-Final so when I saw that they had reached their 6th CL final out of 6 (Really stupid) I feared the worst. Poetic that they score in the dying minutes of regular time to almost break our hearts and then we score in the last minute of ET. :drool:

Regen GK (15m), Digne, Gvardiol (8m), Holgate, Hakimi (30m), Luis (50m), Camavinga (50m), Kluivert (15m), Reyna (15m), Talles Magno (17m) and Fabio Silva (3m).

Bought them all within a period of 4ish years and they've had 1-2 years to gel together before achieving this. Sadly I'm saying goodbye to Digne this summer as Inter have bid 40m and he's 32 now. Holgate is also on his way out as Real Madrid have bid 60m and he's 28 and the regens I have coming through are better long term.

7th season now and the survivors are Richarlison, Branthwaite and Dobbin. Dobbin is a weird one as he's not that good but he's also quite happy to stay around as a spare part to be used in 5 or so games a year when injuries or suspensions happen and he usually performs alright so kept him.

Also at a point now where I don't know who to buy. I love my squad and the only players that would improve them are the megastars like Fati etc but I dunno if I want to spend 100m on someone and pay them 300k a week. I'm in a pickle at the moment as to what to do with Camavinga because he's unhappy that I didn't sell him to PSG. They bid 150m and in any other save I would have sold him and shoved a regen in that was better but I wanted to try and achieve as much as I could in this save with a squad of real life players.
:lol: That's incredible.
I don't really like keeping unhappy players about myself, unless they're extremely important to the team. Depends who you could replace him with I guess.

sebsheep

Not sure if I'm doing this too early, but I've always liked to play the game of buying in promising youth players to either give pathways to the first team or to sell on top of developing any good youth in my own academy. Went on Genie Scout and found 10 completely unattached kids. Don't know if regen date just happened in these countries, they're all from from Scandinavia, Austria and Bulgaria. Costing me £170 a week each when their contracts kick in so £1700 a week for the 10 of them which is what some of my main squad players are on so it's potentially the cost of one ok player.

At their full potential they'd all be first teamers now (just about to go into League One) and I think some are better than that, possible Championship or PL players. It's just that my U18s/U23s are awful set ups and I don't know how I'm going to develop them well or to their ability. Can't really afford to increase facilities, get a proper academy or hire a load of coaches. We just have an U23 and U18 team in principle with a manager each and no other staff. They're not in leagues, only play friendlies and the U18s play in the FA Youth Cup. Going to try and do my best with them but I don't know what's going to happen and may have just wasted some wage bill. If we were Championship level I wouldn't mind the £1700 a week but I'm at a point where we still might find it useful.

About to go on my full summer recruitment drive now to improve the first team squad, here's Genie Scout's impression of how these 10 all could turn out. Remember though, that I don't think I'll get them there though and they're nothing like that now. Conference North/South (tier 6 level) according to my coaches at the moment.

I don't really think there is a bad time to do it tbh, you just tend to make more money the higher division you're in because of player values. Looking at some of those players you should be in for some crazy set piece goal numbers this season.

Congratulations on promotion btw.

sebsheep

This January transfer window can feck off :lol:
Lost Godfrey to United and then this ultimate betrayal

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

I also much prefer real players and Camavinga is a beast and you will have him for years. I would keep him and hope that you have a window where he announces he is happy to stay and you can tie him down. That’s a great season, so sweet to beat OP Pool in the final but you must have been fearing the worst!

At their full potential they'd all be first team squad memebrs now easily (just about to go into League One) and I think some are better than that, possible PL players here. It's just that my U18s/U23s are awful set ups and I don't know how I'm going to develop them well or to their ability. Can't really afford to increase facilities, get a proper academy or hire a load of coaches. We just have an U23 and U18 team in principle with a manager each and no other staff. They're not in leagues, only play friendlies and the U18s play in the FA Youth Cup. Going to try and do my best with them but I don't know what's going to happen and may have just wasted some wage bill. If we were Championship level I wouldn't mind the £1700 a week but I'm at a point where we still might find it useful.

My advice would be to play them mate and have them in your first team squad. They will develop with game time and you will have assets with resale value on your hands. I would definitely use them where I could and give as many minutes as possible.

This January transfer window can feck off :lol:
Lost Godfrey to United and then this ultimate betrayal
You must be in a great position financially now though, yeah?

sebsheep

I also much prefer real players and Camavinga is a beast and you will have him for years. I would keep him and hope that you have a window where he announces he is happy to stay and you can tie him down. That’s a great season, so sweet to beat OP Pool in the final but you must have been fearing the worst!

My advice would be to play them mate and have them in your first team squad. They will develop with game time and you will have assets with resale value on your hands. I would definitely use them where I could and give as many minutes as possible.

You must be in a great position financially now though, yeah?
Yeah, we have over 100m in the bank, had actually already agreed to sell my back up striker at that point as well, ended up making about 47m from the pair of them and spending 30m to replace them. I'm starting to think I might have to lower my wage bill a lot though, at least until we move into the new stadium. We're not really getting far enough in Europe to justify spending over a 100k a week more than we were a couple of years ago. Been a bit lacklustre this season as well, just got to the league split and we have scored 28 less goals, which is over a goal a game less. Still top of the league as we were winning but it's not good enough.

Maluco

Yeah, we have over 100m in the bank, had actually already agreed to sell my back up striker at that point as well, ended up making about 47m from the pair of them and spending 30m to replace them. I'm starting to think I might have to lower my wage bill a lot though, at least until we move into the new stadium. We're not really getting far enough in Europe to justify spending over a 100k a week more than we were a couple of years ago. Been a bit lacklustre this season as well, just got to the league split and we have scored 28 less goals, which is over a goal a game less. Still top of the league as we were winning but it's not good enough.
Yeah, I haven’t got back into my save yet but have let the wage bill get beyond me and now depend totally on CL money, and even then am losing money. I will need to think about moving a few on and I have to focus on Dutch players in the summer.

sebsheep

Yeah, I haven’t got back into my save yet but have let the wage bill get beyond me and now depend totally on CL money, and even then am losing money. I will need to think about moving a few on and I have to focus on Dutch players in the summer.
Yeah feeling that lack of CL money, go knocked out of the group stages and you have to get to the Europa League final to just make the same money you get for playing in the CL 1st knockout round. That means we'll be at least 10m worse off in prize money.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Yes, I'll give it a go. Suspect we might stall this season in terms of the promotions so it might be a good time to do it. The season hasn't started but I think I'm done with transfers. Lost out on a few targets and couldn't find that many great deals. We're not as dramatically stronger from one season to the next as we have been in other years and are even slightly weaker in GK and ML after good loan players left and we haven't been able to find better either to loan or sign.

There's no way we're going down and there's no pressure to go up from the board so it might be an idea to blood the youth when I can.

sebsheep

What a season! Ended up with a treble. Really didn't expect to do too much in the Europa League, came through matches against Lech (1-1 away goals), Dynamo Kyiv (7-3), Spurs (2-0), Partizan (3-1) to win on penalties against Sevilla in the final after a 1-1 draw. Somalia made a 2 brilliant saves in the shoot-out. It's finally bumped me up to legend status at the club.
Not sure that extra money on wages is being wasted as much as I thought :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
What a season! Ended up with a treble. Really didn't expect to do too much in the Europa League, came through matches against Lech (1-1 away goals), Dynamo Kyiv (7-3), Spurs (2-0), Partizan (3-1) to win on penalties against Sevilla in the final after a 1-1 draw. Somalia made a 2 brilliant saves in the shoot-out. It's finally bumped me up to legend status at the club.

Fantastic, completely smashed the expectations in the Europa League, it's no wonder they love you!

Chipper

Adulterer.
Got fed up of all the awful balding regens so I've download a pack from a girl on Patreon who makes these. They look class!

This is 8 I've just picked out.
Nice, been looking at facepacks myself the past couple of days. I've put the full DF11 megapack in plus all their monthly updates for the real players. It's already making the game more fun, especially when signing players who I've never heard of in real life. It's good to put a face to the name.

Thinking of doing a thing with the regens too. Not sure exactly what, what you posted looks good as an option. DF11 have their own regen pack taken from very obscure lower league/amateur teams, plus some volleyball and ice hockey players. There's also a similar one on FM Base that I downloaded yesterday but haven't installed yet.

Think they all suffer from the race/ethnicity thing that you mentioned in another post. Ok, we live in a increasingly mixed, multicultural world so some names could be different races. Someone with the name Marcus Rashford, if you'd never seen him might be imagined as a black or white man but probably not an Asian fella. These packs, if he was a regen might make him Asian I believe. Saw that there are workarounds to manually change individual players if you don't like the face assigned to them but that could become a lot of work in a very long-term save.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Can't upgrade youth level or improve any kind of facilities because the board say they can't afford it so I've completely overhauled the coaches to try and help develop the young players we signed.

Got the #1 rated coaches in the division in every category, including at least one famous name and a couple of others I've heard of.

Going to see what I can do with the medical side of things too.

In light of not being able to get as many instant upgrades on players as usual this past off-season from loans/free transfers I decided to have a look if actually spending some money might be an idea. Didn't find much but found another young player who should be good for me soon. Paid £7.5k from Palermo.

By the way, is language an issue at all with coaches or doesn't it matter? If a coach doesn't speak English and the majority of your players all speak it as a native language and overseas players are trying to learn it can it hurt a coaches effectiveness if he can't? I wasn't sure so went with an all UK and Ireland coaching team.

Last edited:

Maluco

That’s a fantastic win! Well done! It should do you standings a favourite too, so hopefully the league will be bumped up again in terms of CL spaces.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I’m currently in my 11th season (on ipad so it’s the touch version and not the full) with my local club Tromsø IL in Norway. I won the league for the first time in the clubs history in my 3rd season and I’ve won it every season since. Last season I ended up with 29 wins, one draw, 0 losses and 9 goals conceded. It has now gotten to the point where it’s boring as hell playing in the league because I win pretty much every game.

In europe I’ve usually ended up 3rd in the CL groups which has been mostly what I wanted as the team hasn’t been good enough to stand a chance of winning the CL. Last season I got knocked out by Arsenal in the semi finals of the Europa League. This season I decided to go for it in the CL and finished 2nd in the group, quite far ahead of Borussia Dortmund who are very good. I beat Zenit 7-0 both home and away which was fun and I also beat Dortmund twice. I did lose twice against Atletico who won the CL last season. Unfortunately I got knocked out by Real Madrid 1-2 on aggregate in the first knockout round.

Anyway, I’m still hoping to win either the EL or the CL within a few years. The CL is going to be really difficult and I’ll need a lot of luck if that’s going to happen. The EL should definitely be doable.

Here is a link to pictures of my best XI as well as my biggest talent in the last picture. My squad is great with very good and mostly young players in every position as well as good depth. The biggest issue is that my wage budget is 778k and my transfer budget is around 40m. I generally can’t attract established top players with the exception of my #10 who is on 120k a week, so I have to buy players at a young age and develop them myself. So far I’ve managed to keep the players I’ve wanted to keep.

After 10 years there has only been one case where a player has turned unhappy wanting to move to a bigger club and it happened recently with one of my midfielders who is 29 and capped 9 times by Argentina. I’m worring that it’s going to happen with more players before I reach my goal of winning one of the major European trophies. I did sell a player to Real Madrid for 50 million, but I replaced him with a young player for 3.4m who became better than him after a year. Obviously during the 10 years I’ve sold a lot of my best players, but they haven’t been top tier talents and I’ve always been able to replace them with better talents.

At the moment I’m not sure if my team is good enough to try and win the CL or if I should go for the EL instead?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Pleased with the start of the season, sitting in 2nd after 10 games.

Beat Championship Leeds 3-1 in the Carabao Cup 1st round at home before PL Burnley beat us by the same scoreline again at our place.

League results against others on that caption:
Chesterfield 2-0 Southport (They came up again with us via the playoffs)
Southport 3-2 Oxford
Southport 3-3 Coventry
Plymouth 4-1 Southport
Southport 5-1 AFC Wimbledon

sebsheep

Fantastic, completely smashed the expectations in the Europa League, it's no wonder they love you!
That’s a fantastic win! Well done! It should do you standings a favourite too, so hopefully the league will be bumped up again in terms of CL spaces.
Thanks! We did get move up 1 place in the country rankings so get an extra CL spot, hopefully will mean we get pot 1 again. Lost 2 of my 3 CBs already this summer and struggling to find replacements that I'm not quoted 100m for.

sebsheep

I’m currently in my 11th season (on ipad so it’s the touch version and not the full) with my local club Tromsø IL in Norway. I won the league for the first time in the clubs history in my 3rd season and I’ve won it every season since. Last season I ended up with 29 wins, one draw, 0 losses and 9 goals conceded. It has now gotten to the point where it’s boring as hell playing in the league because I win pretty much every game.

In europe I’ve usually ended up 3rd in the CL groups which has been mostly what I wanted as the team hasn’t been good enough to stand a chance of winning the CL. Last season I got knocked out by Arsenal in the semi finals of the Europa League. This season I decided to go for it in the CL and finished 2nd in the group, quite far ahead of Borussia Dortmund who are very good. I beat Zenit 7-0 both home and away which was fun and I also beat Dortmund twice. I did lose twice against Atletico who won the CL last season. Unfortunately I got knocked out by Real Madrid 1-2 on aggregate in the first knockout round.

Anyway, I’m still hoping to win either the EL or the CL within a few years. The CL is going to be really difficult and I’ll need a lot of luck if that’s going to happen. The EL should definitely be doable.

Here is a link to pictures of my best XI as well as my biggest talent in the last picture. My squad is great with very good and mostly young players in every position as well as good depth. The biggest issue is that my wage budget is 778k and my transfer budget is around 40m. I generally can’t attract established top players with the exception of my #10 who is on 120k a week, so I have to buy players at a young age and develop them myself. So far I’ve managed to keep the players I’ve wanted to keep.

After 10 years there has only been one case where a player has turned unhappy wanting to move to a bigger club and it happened recently with one of my midfielders who is 29 and capped 9 times by Argentina. I’m worring that it’s going to happen with more players before I reach my goal of winning one of the major European trophies. I did sell a player to Real Madrid for 50 million, but I replaced him with a young player for 3.4m who became better than him after a year. Obviously during the 10 years I’ve sold a lot of my best players, but they haven’t been top tier talents and I’ve always been able to replace them with better talents.

At the moment I’m not sure if my team is good enough to try and win the CL or if I should go for the EL instead?
Looking through your players you'd be much more likely to win the EL, they're not quite at CL winning levels but strange things do happen. The problem is staying in the CL for a knockout round or 2 is better for your club financially.

sebsheep

Pleased with the start of the season, sitting in 2nd after 10 games.

Beat Championship Leeds 3-1 in the Carabao Cup 1st round at home before PL Burnley beat us by the same scoreline again at our place.

League results against others on that caption:
Chesterfield 2-0 Southport (They came up again with us via the playoffs)
Southport 3-2 Oxford
Southport 3-3 Coventry
Plymouth 4-1 Southport
Southport 5-1 AFC Wimbledon
And you were worried about not being able to get promoted! That's a very good start.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Looking through your players you'd be much more likely to win the EL, they're not quite at CL winning levels but strange things do happen. The problem is staying in the CL for a knockout round or 2 is better for your club financially.
Yeah agreed, some of them are very young and will probably improve a lot, but the team probably isn’t good enough at the moment to win the CL. It’s a real dilemma though, go for the EL or go for CL which is best financially? I think I’ll go for EL. Winning it will improve the club reputation a lot.

sebsheep

Yeah agreed, some of them are very young and will probably improve a lot, but the team probably isn’t good enough at the moment to win the CL. It’s a real dilemma though, go for the EL or go for CL which is best financially? I think I’ll go for EL. Winning it will improve the club reputation a lot.
If you get to the final/win the EL then it's financially better than just getting to the 1st knockout round of the CL, and with extra ticket revenue might even just manage to beat a quarter final CL appearance.
It also feels good to win a European trophy, plus you get an extra 3.5-4.5m for the European Super Cup. All adds up.

Maluco

Crazy, crazy season for Excelsior in Season 4

Erdivisie

After the surprise win in season 2, and the heartbreak of season 3, there was no nailbiting this time around. We beat Ajax 8-0 before the break to well and truly kill them off. All of our loans meant we had a great squad size for the games coming think and fast in the Qatar WC season.

We were able to rotate Kean, Osimhen and Brewster from January onwards. Vitesse fell away, and a late charge by rivals Feyenoord never really threatened. We ended up wrapping it up with 4 games to go and vengeance was complete. 110 GS and 25 GA in an entertaining title win.

Dutch Cup

We had an easy run to the semi final with only one Erdivisie team in 4 games. We then beat Ajax, who had a woeful season, 4-0 in the semi final. Vitesse were the finalists and it was a gritty repeat of our league game. 2-0 the final score and a double was complete.

Champions League

After last seasons’ adventure, we had a tough time because of the World Cup. We had 10 tough games just to get through to the knockouts. Beating Sporting and Anderlecht over two legs before negotiating a group of death, Liverpool, Atletico and Inter. We shocked the group by beating Liverpool home and away (1-0 and 0-2) to win the group against all odds.

We were able to slide past a tough Shakhtar team in the last 16, 2-2 away before winning 2-0 at home in two very even games. From here on in, with our lead in the league, we were able to rest our eleven for the games.

Leipzig were very similar to our former opponents. Very tough and winning both games on stats, but, most importantly, we won on goals. A last minute Oxlade-Chamberlain (arguably our best player in the competition) was enough to take a 1-1 home from Germany. We were outplayed at home, but took our chances, 2-0.

We got a MONSTER version of PSG in the semi final. Mbappe, Neymar, Felix, Van Dijk, a crazy eleven and they were all over us away from home. I just had to sit and hope. We lost and conceded 22 chances, but Brewster scores a goal out of nothing and we survived with a 2-1 loss. In the home leg, we had an inspired Kean to thank, as we thumped them 4-0 for the best result and performance in the club’s history.

We couldn’t believe it, in the final with nothing to lose and a fully rested squad. Nerves at a maximum, could we actually do this? Kean was inspired again, a club legend, as we flew into a 3-0 lead before disaster struck. Morilla, our resident hothead, with a straight red. He seems to lose the plot in big games.

City turned it on from then on, as I desperately made subs and tried to run out the clock. Thankfully, the whistle blew at 3-2 and we escaped. A run and sequence of events that may never happen again. Excelsior are European Champions!!

Summer Plans

Despite selling a few players, we only got given 15m for the summer, and I had to use that to seal Brewsters permanent return to the club. 25 goals since coming in in January to take his total to 92 for the club in under 3 seasons (Kean has 96). Dani Ceballos also comes in on a free transfer.

I have decided I am going to keep the 3 strikers and rotate them. It means we always have a chance in games. I think it’s worth it even it it means risking it in other areas. Beforehand, if one didn’t play, we were noticeably worse, so it’s great to have all 3 signed up permanently.

Oxlade-Chamberlain and Valverde were crucial loans that meant our midfield could compete against anyone. We will lose the pair now. Our midfield isn’t in a good way and we have to hope some decent loans show up now.

We also need to sign a few Dutch players urgently for our CL registration, and I can’t find any viable targets. Either far too expensive, or not good enough.

With no money left, there is a lot to do to make sure this wasn’t just one perfect storm. Delighted though :drool:

Last edited:

sebsheep

Erdivisie

After the surprise win in season 2, and the heartbreak of season 3, there was no nailbiting this time around. We beat Ajax 8-0 before the break to well and truly kill them off. All of our loans meant we had a great squad size for the games coming think and fast in the Qatar WC season.

We were able to rotate Kean, Osimhen and Brewster from January onwards. Vitesse fell away, and a late charge by rivals Feyenoord never really threatened. We ended up wrapping it up with 4 games to go and vengeance was complete. 110 GS and 25 GA in an entertaining title win.

Dutch Cup

We had an easy run to the semi final with only one Erdivisie team in 4 games. We then beat Ajax, who had a woeful season, 4-0 in the semi final. Vitesse were the finalists and it was a gritty repeat of our league game. 2-0 the final score and a double was complete.

Champions League

After last seasons’ adventure, we had a tough time because of the World Cup. We had 10 tough games just to get through to the knockouts. Beating Sporting and Anderlecht over two legs before negotiating a group of death, Liverpool, Atletico and Inter. We shocked the group by beating Liverpool home and away (1-0 and 0-2) to win the group against all odds.

We were able to slide past a tough Shakhtar team in the last 16, 2-2 away before winning 2-0 at home in two very even games. From here on in, with our lead in the league, we were able to rest our eleven for the games.

Leipzig were very similar to our former opponents. Very tough and winning both games on stats, but, most importantly, we won on goals. A last minute Oxlade-Chamberlain (arguably our best player in the competition) was enough to take a 1-1 home from Germany. We were outplayed at home, but took our chances, 2-0.

We got a MONSTER version of PSG in the semi final. Mbappe, Neymar, Felix, Van Dijk, a crazy eleven and they were all over us away from home. I just had to sit and hope. We lost and conceded 22 chances, but Brewster scores a goal out of nothing and we survived with a 2-1 loss. In the home leg, we had an inspired Kean to thank, as we thumped them 4-0 for the best result and performance in the club’s history.

We couldn’t believe it, in the final with nothing to lose and a fully rested squad. Nerves at a maximum, could we actually do this? Kean was inspired again, a club legend, as we flew into a 3-0 lead before disaster struck. Morilla, our resident hothead, with a straight red. He seems to lose the plot in big games.

City turned it on from then on, as I desperately made subs and tried to run out the clock. Thankfully, the whistle blew at 3-2 and we escaped. A run and sequence of events that may never happen again. Excelsior are European Champions!!

Summer Plans

Despite selling a few players, we only got given 15m for the summer, and I had to use that to seal Brewsters permanent return to the club. 25 goals since coming in in January to take his total to 92 for the club in under 3 seasons (Kean has 96). Dani Ceballos also comes in on a free transfer.

I have decided I am going to keep the 3 strikers and rotate them. It means we always have a chance in games. I think it’s worth it even it it means risking it in other areas. Beforehand, if one didn’t play, we were noticeably worse, so it’s great to have all 3 signed up permanently.

Oxlade-Chamberlain and Valverde were crucial loans that meant our midfield could compete against anyone. We will lose the pair now. Our midfield isn’t in a good way and we have to hope some decent loans show up now.

We also need to sign a few Dutch players urgently for our CL registration, and I can’t find any viable targets. Either far too expensive, or not good enough.

With no money left, there is a lot to do to make sure this wasn’t just one perfect storm. Delighted though :drool:
Congratulations, that's an incredible season. Should probably consider retiring at the top now. :cool:

sebsheep

Keep getting an application error message everytime I load the game.

Any advice on how to fix?
I'm not any good with computers but I think it would probably be useful to people who could help you to know what if you're playing the pc or mobile version and if there is any particular thing the error message says.

Maluco

Congratulations, that's an incredible season. Should probably consider retiring at the top now. :cool:
Thanks mate. I might, to be honest. I never expected to win the CL. If I can’t sort out the problems in the summer, maybe I will move on, but it would be hard to resist staying and enjoying what has been built, if we can resolve issues in the summer. It has been done with a very stingy board, who are making things very difficult.

If not, maybe time to look for another job. I would love to play in the new stadium though. Any idea how long that takes from the announcement?

sebsheep

Thanks mate. I might, to be honest. I never expected to win the CL. If I can’t sort out the problems in the summer, maybe I will move on, but it would be hard to resist staying and enjoying what has been built, if we can resolve issues in the summer. It has been done with a very stingy board, who are making things very difficult.

If not, maybe time to look for another job. I would love to play in the new stadium though. Any idea how long that takes from the announcement?
I'm not that sure tbh, mine seemed to take a good few months from them saying they would be building one to the plans being announced. Then our stadium will have taken about 3 years I think. Should be ready in the summer after this season.

Maluco

I'm not that sure tbh, mine seemed to take a good few months from them saying they would be building one to the plans being announced. Then our stadium will have taken about 3 years I think. Should be ready in the summer after this season.
I didn’t ask because I didn’t want them building too early and having a small stadium. I’m hoping the increase in stature will mean 25,000 at least!

Have a tough summer of decisions now, but I think I will stay. I’m really attached to the team and success coming earlier than expected is a bonus. Still shocked at how it happened. Kean/Brewster are lethal!

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Erdivisie

Dutch Cup

Champions League

Summer Plans

Nice. I am playing with NEC Nijmegen at the minute, I have a 10 point gap to the playoff spots and a pretty good young side. Have made a commitment to the recreating of a "Death by possession" 4-3-3 which seems to be working out. I am investing heavily in the coaches and pushing my 1st season wage budget to the limit to get my youngsters with potential signed to long term deals with no minimum release clause. Dirk Proper especially.

Maluco

Nice. I am playing with NEC Nijmegen at the minute, I have a 10 point gap to the playoff spots and a pretty good young side. Have made a commitment to the recreating of a "Death by possession" 4-3-3 which seems to be working out. I am investing heavily in the coaches and pushing my 1st season wage budget to the limit to get my youngsters with potential signed to long term deals with no minimum release clause. Dirk Proper especially.
That sounds good mate. I chose Excelsior without really realizing their youth system was poor and I haven’t been good at using money to bring in young players and Dutch nationals. I need to try to rectify it in the summer.

I will be interested in hearing how you are getting on.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just another whine about social media, what match was this guy watching?

666 likes? Maybe he was trying to be devilish.

sebsheep

I didn’t ask because I didn’t want them building too early and having a small stadium. I’m hoping the increase in stature will mean 25,000 at least!

Have a tough summer of decisions now, but I think I will stay. I’m really attached to the team and success coming earlier than expected is a bonus. Still shocked at how it happened. Kean/Brewster are lethal!
I just let it happen naturally as well, they'd already expanded the current stadium a few seasons earlier.
It could be worse Lullujo's messing around with the behind the scenes stuff has led to his board building a new stadium that is much smaller than his current one and won't even be big enough for European competitions. :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
We're absolutely flying, 28 points out of the last 30. Others have games in hand but we have points on the board.

I do think we've had a kind run of fixtures, not played any away games against good teams lately. 3-1 home wins against Charlton and Bolton and a 5-0 against Accrington are the better sides we've played on this run. There will be a hard run of games later in the season.

Expecting to get past Fylde easily in the Cup, they're next up. Still haven't any big cup pay days and fancy a trip to someone with a big ground in the 3rd round should we go through.

Maluco

I just let it happen naturally as well, they'd already expanded the current stadium a few seasons earlier.
It could be worse Lullujo's messing around with the behind the scenes stuff has led to his board building a new stadium that is much smaller than his current one and won't even be big enough for European competitions. :lol:
Haha, I saw that! There really is so little money in Greece too so it’s a big mistake on his part by the looks of things. You must be delighted to be doing so well when you see how tough it is, even with a perfect youth system!