Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Goalkeeper ratings have always been poorly done, I just tend to keep him as long as he isn't doing too much of the crap goalkeeping FM loves.

That's pretty rough. Will feel grand when you do finally break that barrier though.
They made him pretty accurate because he was flappyhands so it was a mix of the rating and getting annoyed at him. :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Olympic qualifying in 2024 pisses me off a lot. On every save I lose 4 or 5 players and if you're in the PL and in a few competitions it puts a big strain on squad fitness.

Slowly weeding out Everton players. Sold Pickford in the summer because he was crap. Didn't realise his average rating for 4 seasons was below 7 so accepted a bid from Inter of 40m and brought in a regen. Sold DCL too which is a shame but he was the older player out of him and Kean and they were similar in ability so he got the boot.

Digne is still starting most games but will probably be on his way out soon. Gomes is brilliant on this game but slowly easing him out of the squad. Richarlison/Holgate/Branthwaite/Kean I'd like to hold onto as long as possible.

Players I have wanted to keep like Davies/Kean just weren't good enough to even be back-ups and they ended up getting 40m and 20m bids so was a no brainer to sell.

Won the league twice in a row now but can't crack the CL. Made it to the QF each time and fail each time. PSG last season embarassed me 8-2 on aggregate, every shot they took wanted to go in and I have them in the First knockout round this season too so hopefully Mbappe will be injured otherwise it's curtains. I don't want to end the save until I win the CL though.
Olympic jobs are always easy to get hired for so I tend to manage one of them so they don’t take my players :lol: I resign immediately after getting dumped out of the tournament.

sebsheep

Just arrived at the end of January, lost 3 players this window back up DLP, who was far too good to be back up so I let him move on, also lost my starting RW and then my club captain CB.
The guy had given me great service to be fair, it's just that the 32k a week I was paying him wasn't enough to feed it family.

The younger striker I signed in the summer is a machine, he's got 33 from 31 games setting a new club record for goals in a season and we still have at least 12 games left. He also netted himself the European Golden Boy award.

Our CL group ended in such drama, in the last set of fixtures a goal for us against Cukaricki in the 89th minute to snatch a draw and a 87th minute winner for Lyon against A-Madrid meant that the group flipped from us both going out to both going through. It was crazy.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If I could tell you the three teams I hate playing most in this game, it would be Liverpool (completely OP), Atletico (crazy hard to score against and amazing signings) and Inter Milan (Amazing youth)

Guess what my CL group is?

Yeah Liverpool and Atlético seem to rotate the CL trophy between them in my save and I reckon I've played the latter each season either in the group or in the knock outs. Never had to endure Liverpool though, fortunately.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If I could tell you the three teams I hate playing most in this game, it would be Liverpool (completely OP), Atletico (crazy hard to score against and amazing signings) and Inter Milan (Amazing youth)

Guess what my CL group is?
:lol: poor you. I’d say a dark horse to that is Benfica. They always seem to be pretty good on my saves.

sebsheep

Haven't really had a team or 2 dominating the CL in my game, the English clubs have done pretty well as a whole though. City have 1, Liverpool 2 (runners up 3 times) and Chelsea have 1 (won't be adding one this year either as we just knocked them out :cool: ). Had a couple of other left field teams in Lazio and Napoli winning it as well.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Liverpool have won 2/4 CL titles in my save. The other 2 they lost the final so that’s 4 CL finals in a row...

Chipper

Adulterer.
They've made all 3 finals in my save so far. Beat Spurs in a re-run of the 18/19 final, beat United, lost to Barcelona. Van Dijk has signed for Barca and scored the winner against his old team.

Just about to start my assault on League Two with Southport. Busy summer again, 4 loans in, 13 new signings. Spent £1k on one player, everyone else free including in real-life current United youngsters Reece Devine and Charlie McCann. Managed to sell my 4th choice CB from last season for £150k which I thought was great money and raised over £250k in total player sales.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I thought I was the only one who had a save where Liverpool was dominant. I had Leipzig save where they won 4/6 PL titles and advanced the CL final 3/6 years and won twice. Firmino was Ballon D'Or winner twice :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Most of my players are pissed off at the moment because I refuse to hand out 300k per week wages to people.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Not a bad start to life in League Two. In the playoff places after 10 matches.

Still think players are settling in, especially the target man we signed on transfer deadline day. Got a bit of an overabundance of strikers now with 5 (3 target men, 2 poachers) but I was trying to keep 3 players happy who were still wanting me to strengthen the attack. It worked, although the 2nd choice poacher guy wasn't particularly happy about the extra competition.

Did start the previous two seasons better than this, and I always saw League Two as an easy division to escape as 4 come up but I'm still optimistic and I think we're improving.

Out of the Carabao Cup - beat League One Oldham at home on pens in round 1, lost to Championship Wigan away 4-2 in round 2. Played one match of the Leasing.com trophy and beat Mansfield 5-0, think they put their reserves out. Also got United U23s in my group in that.

No Love

Went close in my first season with Utd. 2nd in the league, finishing 4 points behind Liverpool. Lost 1-0 in extra time in the Europa League final against Leipzig, with Kampl scoring the winner. Just ran out of steam towards the end of the season, unfortunately.

Two games into the second season and we’re off to a strong start, beating Bournemouth 3-0 and Everton 4-0. Squad is starting to take the shape I want, as I was able to move on Lingard, Matic, Rojo, Andreas, Fosu-Mensah and Joel Pereira. Roma took Smalling on loan again, with a mandatory fee of 27m, which was nice. I was planning on keeping Dalot around, but he wanted a big contract for playing second fiddle to AWB. Brighton and Arsenal came in for him and in hilarious Arsenal fashion, he opted for Brighton. Struggled to move Sanchez and Jones, with the latter only leaving on loan to Rennes who are paying half of his wages. Sanchez wasn’t given a squad number, after mugging me off when I tried to move him.

In terms of signings, I pumped money into young players and the slow build option, rather than going for big stars. South Korean duo Lee Kang-In and Hwang Hee-Chan came in, along with young English talents in Godfrey and Eze. Ricardo Esgaio came in as Dalot’s replacement and has the personality, determination, work rate and versatility that I love in a squad option.

I’m expecting to move Pogba in the summer, as his wage demands are astronomical and it was noted that he would have preferred to negotiate with Madrid than us. As soon as I read that, I triggered his 1 year option and have resolved to move him when they come back in. In the meantime, Mejbri will be getting more game time, where possible.

Love a first save with Utd to really get into the game.

sebsheep

Most of my players are pissed off at the moment because I refuse to hand out 300k per week wages to people.
I just sell players who have stupid wages demands now.
Had players last season wanting big wage increases but lower buyout clauses. Don't think so mate.

sebsheep

Not a bad start to life in League Two. In the playoff places after 10 matches.

Still think players are settling in, especially the target man we signed on transfer deadline day. Got a bit of an overabundance of strikers now with 5 (3 target men, 2 poachers) but I was trying to keep 3 players happy who were still wanting me to strengthen the attack. It worked, although the 2nd choice poacher guy wasn't particularly happy about the extra competition.

Did start the previous two seasons better than this, and I always saw League Two as an easy division to escape as 4 come up but I'm still optimistic and I think we're improving.

Out of the Carabao Cup - beat League One Oldham at home on pens in round 1, lost to Championship Wigan away 4-2 in round 2. Played one match of the Leasing.com trophy and beat Mansfield 5-0, think they put their reserves out. Also got United U23s in my group in that.
That's a good start to the season, did Accrington and Mansfield drop down from the league above?

I always struggle to get my squad balance right, either end up with too many players so they get annoyed at not playing or too few and you get a couple of injuries that wrecks your plans.

sebsheep

Completed the league and cup double again this year, went unbeaten this year though, setting new league records for wins and points (centurions anyone?) . Made it one stage further in the
CL this year but fell to City.

Striker I signed last summer ended with 48 goals from 51 apps, just insane numbers really. He got 37 in the league, which isn't even a record....shout out to this fella https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonis_Antoniadis

Signed this guy in Jan to play as an inverted winger from right midfield and he was crazy good.

Maluco

Completed the league and cup double again this year, went unbeaten this year though, setting new league records for wins and points (centurions anyone?) . Made it one stage further in the
CL this year but fell to City.

Striker I signed last summer ended with 48 goals from 51 apps, just insane numbers really. He got 37 in the league, which isn't even a record....shout out to this fella https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonis_Antoniadis

Signed this guy in Jan to play as an inverted winger from right midfield and he was crazy good.
He does look like a bit of a beast to be fair!!

How are you doing with CL registration? I am a bit concerned because I have no youth coming through and can only register 18 players because of that. The two “freebies” this season will be 22 next year and won’t get free registration so that will leave me with only 16 players being able to be registered.

Am scrambling to try and upgrade the terrible facilities and will have to use funds in the summer to get in a couple of 16 year olds, but looking bleak for next few years registrations.

Maluco

End of January window in my save now, and it’s been quite a whirlwind of injuries and just trying to hold things together through a massive string of games. I always forget Season 4 is the World Cup season. So we had 12 league games, 2 cup games and 10 CL ties all stuffed in before the break, as well as 10 games to play in January on resumption!

Osimhen moans about everything, but has been sensational, netting 20 goals up to this point. Ayala, our Argentine newgen, is the other monster performer, becoming a genuine 5 star talent.

CL

I had said before, our CL group (after negotiating Sporting and Anderlecht) turned out to be Inter, Liverpool and Atletico. A nightmare scenario in a season where we need the CL money.

We started off well, beating Liverpool 1-0 at home, before losing the next two away 3-1 to Atletico and 2-1 to Inter. Up against it and hoping we could get into the Europa with a home win, we beat Atletico 3-1 in a great game. We then went to Anfield....and won! 2-0! Undoubtedly our best result of the save and one that qualified us for the next phase. We were cheeky and played a fullback out wide and it worked a treat, nullifying them totally and allowing us to steal it from set pieces. We went one better and beat Inter at home, 2-0 to sensationally win the group.

We have Shakhtar next, hoping we can progress, but with no youth, registration is causing massive headaches and will prove to be a big problem going forward.

Erdivisie

After losing last seasons title in such a disappointing matter, we were determined not to drop points early on. We have been helped by the fact that Ajax fell apart and sacked their manager after falling 10 points behind and getting dumped out of Europe altogether. In a freak result, we smashed them 8-0 before the break (they have only conceded 13 more in 21 games) and I was offered their managers job, which I was delighted to turn down!

Vitesse have stepped into the gap of challenger, but we have a healthy lead of 6 points as the window closed.

Dutch Cup

Very good draws have meant only one top division team on our road to the semi-final, where we will play Ajax. It feels like one of those games where we get the old “red card, GK plays 5.9 and strikers go missing games”, but hoping we can get a win and another final.

Transfers

We have been missing a proper defensive minded midfielder, so we have brought in Valverde on loan until the end of the season. He is out of our budget but will tide us over until we can get someone in in the summer.

My scouts picked up that Brewster, our 70 goals legend’s, value is dropping at Liverpool so we chanced our arm, bidding for a loan with an optional 15million fee attached...and got accepted. He might just be coming home! Of course, he scored on his first match back!

Dalot has also been picked up for just 850k and, although we hung on to Passlack, bids never stop coming, so he will be off in the summer, along with Adarabioyo. Both were free transfers, but have % fees, as it was the only way to get them at the time.

Great progress all in all, but the lack of youth and options for CL registration is an issue and one that needs sorted in the summer through some serious youth signings. I have no idea how to do that short term, so next season will be a real headache.

Last edited:

sebsheep

He does look like a bit of a beast to be fair!!

How are you doing with CL registration? I am a bit concerned because I have no youth coming through and can only register 18 players because of that. The two “freebies” this season will be 22 next year and won’t get free registration so that will leave me with only 16 players being able to be registered.

Am scrambling to try and upgrade the terrible facilities and will have to use funds in the summer to get in a couple of 16 year olds, but looking bleak for next few years registrations.
Well I fill around 22 of the 25 squad slots atm. I try to keep some Greek players in my squad so that I can at least fill 4 homegrown - nation spots, I only have 1 guy who came through the youth system for a home grown - club spot.
I try to make sure if I have to leave a player out then it's a fringe player as they don't really care.

Maluco

Well I fill around 22 of the 25 squad slots atm. I try to keep some Greek players in my squad so that I can at least fill 4 homegrown - nation spots, I only have 1 guy who came through the youth system for a home grown - club spot.
I wonder if I have read it wrong and I can fill spots with Dutch players? I thought a few had Dutch nationality, but obviously not. Will have to start scouting Dutch until the end of the season!

You are doing a great job to get a double again, it’s so easy to mess up in the cups! PAOK are doing really well on my save, finishing second and knocking Chelsea out of the CL

Last edited:

sebsheep

I wonder if I have read it wrong and I can fill spots with Dutch players? I thought a few had Dutch nationality, but obviously not. Will have to start scouting Dutch until the end of the season!

You are doing a great job to get a double again, it’s so easy to mess up in the cups! PAOK are doing really well on my save, finishing second and knocking Chelsea out of the CL
You should be able to fill 4 yeah, I'm in preseason so can't check for sure. Even if they're just back up players it helps out.

As long as I keep my best players we look like we could just take over the league now (probably getting sacked this season now :lol:), it gets a little harder each time you have to replace a player though. Just lost my LB to City and have some decent players from the scouts but none really close to the guy who went. Did manage to get Plemmenos to sign a new contract and put his buyout up to €40m, guy has some major European teams chasing him though.

PAOK are struggling to keep up with the top 3 now, ended up in the lower half of the split the season before and hired Henning Berg to fix them up.

Chipper

Adulterer.
That's a good start to the season, did Accrington and Mansfield drop down from the league above?

I always struggle to get my squad balance right, either end up with too many players so they get annoyed at not playing or too few and you get a couple of injuries that wrecks your plans.
Accrington dropped down, Mansfield were just a mid-table side last season in this division and look to be improving.

Continuing on nicely, got 23 points from the latest 10 matches and we're up into the automatic promotion spots although AFC Wimbledon do have that game in hand. Not sure who it's against as there's 6 teams who have played 19.

Playoff teams pulling away slightly from Wycombe and it's nice to see that cushion opening up. Big recent matches were away draws at Doncaster and Chesterfield and a defeat at Wimbledon, our only loss in the last 10 in the league. At home we played Accrington and handed them their only defeat of the season so far, smashing them 5-1. It was a closely fought game until late on but we ended up running away with it.

Through to the EFL trophy second round after beating Mansfield and United U23s at home in the group stage, lost away to League One Bolton. Will be playing Fleetwood at home, 17th in League One, they're our only rivals (local). Will also be playing Chesterfield yet again as we have drawn each other in the FA Cup 2nd round, unfortunately it's away. Wherever we go, they go, they should be our new offical rivals as we're closely matched last season and this. Think all 3 games we've played so far were draws too. Beat Colchester away (near the bottom of League One) to earn that tie.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I never had a second leg against Sevilla in the Europa. Is this normal or a glitch?

sebsheep

I never had a second leg against Sevilla in the Europa. Is this normal or a glitch?

I think it is normal due to the WC in 2022 that will have taken place in November/December.
Same thing happened to me one year but not the next so it's probably that WC.
You did win the 1st leg 6-0 though, they might've just decided not to bother.

sebsheep

Accrington dropped down, Mansfield were just a mid-table side last season in this division and look to be improving.

Continuing on nicely, got 23 points from the latest 10 matches and we're up into the automatic promotion spots although AFC Wimbledon do have that game in hand. Not sure who it's against as there's 6 teams who have played 19.

Playoff teams pulling away slightly from Wycombe and it's nice to see that cushion opening up. Big recent matches were away draws at Doncaster and Chesterfield and a defeat at Wimbledon, our only loss in the last 10 in the league. At home we played Accrington and handed them their only defeat of the season so far, smashing them 5-1. It was a closely fought game until late on but we ended up running away with it.

Through to the EFL trophy second round after beating Mansfield and United U23s at home in the group stage, lost away to League One Bolton. Will be playing Fleetwood at home, 17th in League One, they're our only rivals (local). Will also be playing Chesterfield yet again as we have drawn each other in the FA Cup 2nd round, unfortunately it's away. Wherever we go, they go, they should be our new offical rivals as we're closely matched last season and this. Think all 3 games we've played so far were draws too. Beat Colchester away (near the bottom of League One) to earn that tie.
Looks like you still have a half decent shot at the title there, probably difficult with Accrington not dropping many points to other teams.
How are you doing financially? I imagine jumping through leagues so far helps a bit because you'll be on a smaller budget.

Lay

Had a pretty remarkable season with Villarreal. After winning the CL the year before, I went and won it again.

I beat Juventus 3-1 in Italy in the last 16, won second leg 2-0. Beat PSG 3-0 at home and lost the second leg 3-2. Beat Utd 2-1 at home after a 0-0 draw away.

Had Real Madrid in the final.. at their ground and took a 3-0 lead after 25 minutes :lol: I only had 3 shots. They came on strong in the second half but wasn’t enough.

Came second in the league, both Barcelona and Madrid had average seasons for them, but Atletico amassed 97 points to my 92. Barca and Real Madrid were on 80/82 points and never in the title race.

My tactics in Europe seemingly are too much for the bigger teams. For example I lost to Salzburg and Celtic in the group stages but got two wins over Liverpool which helped me go through. The league is where I need to be more adventurous, I had 2 0-0 draws at home to Levante and Eiber (both were relegated) and lost to Deportivo who had just come up

Maluco

Had a pretty remarkable season with Villarreal. After winning the CL the year before, I went and won it again.

I beat Juventus 3-1 in Italy in the last 16, won second leg 2-0. Beat PSG 3-0 at home and lost the second leg 3-2. Beat Utd 2-1 at home after a 0-0 draw away.

Had Real Madrid in the final.. at their ground and took a 3-0 lead after 25 minutes :lol: I only had 3 shots. They came on strong in the second half but wasn’t enough.

Came second in the league, both Barcelona and Madrid had average seasons for them, but Atletico amassed 97 points to my 92. Barca and Real Madrid were on 80/82 points and never in the title race.

My tactics in Europe seemingly are too much for the bigger teams. For example I lost to Salzburg and Celtic in the group stages but got two wins over Liverpool which helped me go through. The league is where I need to be more adventurous, I had 2 0-0 draws at home to Levante and Eiber (both were relegated) and lost to Deportivo who had just come up
That’s some going, I would gladly swap the league success to be that dominant against bigger sides! Very well done!!

Do you set up with a defensive double pivot? Maybe there is an easy way to make it slightly more attacking against smaller teams?

Lay

That’s some going, I would gladly swap the league success to be that dominant against bigger sides! Very well done!!

Do you set up with a defensive double pivot? Maybe there is an easy way to make it slightly more attacking against smaller teams?
I have a double pivot. I've tried to play with more expression this season but it results in my defence getting stretched. I'm happy with the CL wins obviously, but I actually tried to prioritise the league this season and played a somewhat weaker team against PSG but still won :lol:

I have done well against Barcelona, not so much Real Madrid but that's always happened to me in FM. I tend to dominate Barcelona and even thrash them (I recall a brilliant 8-0 win over them with Sevilla!) but Real Madrid I find harder to crack. Atletico I just give up away from home, I can't seem to score against them much.

Maluco

I have a double pivot. I've tried to play with more expression this season but it results in my defence getting stretched. I'm happy with the CL wins obviously, but I actually tried to prioritise the league this season and played a somewhat weaker team against PSG but still won :lol:

I have done well against Barcelona, not so much Real Madrid but that's always happened to me in FM. I tend to dominate Barcelona and even thrash them (I recall a brilliant 8-0 win over them with Sevilla!) but Real Madrid I find harder to crack. Atletico I just give up away from home, I can't seem to score against them much.
Its really impressive. I can usuallu get consistent runs together over league seasons, but have a tough time consistently competing with the giants. I always get some good results, but always some poor ones too. If I get through quarters or semis, I will inevitably lose the final!

I was thinking of experimenting with the defensive double pivot, like two players sitting deep in front of the defence and then 4 attackers. Is that how you play?

I keep my mentality attacking for every game at the moment, works well, but always get a few thrashings when it doesn’t go right!

sebsheep

Summer completed, nothing too big this year. Only spent money to replace my GK and LB. Smith seemed to decide that being England's #1 might mean he should be on more than double what I was paying him.He is getting that now, from Zenit.

Has the same name as my striker, I feel that should help keep him around for longer!

Bad news is that Greek football dropped down a bit in the rankings so we not only lost a CL place but the winner of the league is no longer in pot 1 of the draw. Ended up in pot 3 and got a group with A-Madrid, Dortmund and Lille. Will do well to squeeze out of there.

Chipper

Adulterer.
In fantastic form, 28 points out of 30 and right in the title mix.

Only team we failed to beat was our new enemies, Chesterfield. Rested a few players and drew 1-1 at home. They also knocked us out of the FA Cup on penalties after a 2-2 draw at their ground. It was 1-1 early in the second half when they had a man sent off, 5 minutes later we get a penalty and score. 2-1 up and playing against 10 men I think I'm going through, but no, they equalise and hold out for the rest of the 90 and all of extra time before winning the shootout.

Was asked about finances earlier, not too great but there are teams worse off. Just maxing out wages or close to it each season is making us run at a loss in general. Small ground, small crowds/fanbase.

July 2021 was when we got new owners I think. Didn't get any funds but they cleared the debts. Not sure what happened in Feb 2022 from memory. This past summer there was a spike with player sales. Still in the EFL Trophy and we're at the Northern section semi final stage which has helped with money a little. Crowds are small as it's not a competition that many people care about but we've pulled in £140k in prize money and another £10k tv money during our run. Beat Fleetwood, Burnley U23 and Wolves U23 since last update and play Mansfield next who we already beat 5-0 in the group phase. Starting to dream of a trip to Wembley and hopefully a payday.

Maluco

In fantastic form, 28 points out of 30 and right in the title mix.

Only team we failed to beat was our new enemies, Chesterfield. Rested a few players and drew 1-1 at home. They also knocked us out of the FA Cup on penalties after a 2-2 draw at their ground. It was 1-1 early in the second half when they had a man sent off, 5 minutes later we get a penalty and score. 2-1 up and playing against 10 men I think I'm going through, but no, they equalise and hold out for the rest of the 90 and all of extra time before winning the shootout.

Was asked about finances earlier, not too great but there are teams worse off. Just maxing out wages or close to it each season is making us run at a loss in general. Small ground, small crowds/fanbase.

July 2021 was when we got new owners I think. Didn't get any funds but they cleared the debts. Not sure what happened in Feb 2022 from memory. This past summer there was a spike with player sales. Still in the EFL Trophy and we're at the Northern section semi final stage which has helped with money a little. Crowds are small as it's not a competition that many people care about but we've pulled in £140k in prize money and another £10k tv money during our run. Beat Fleetwood, Burnley U23 and Wolves U23 since last update and play Mansfield next who we already beat 5-0 in the group phase. Starting to dream of a trip to Wembley and hopefully a payday.
That’s really good progress, and a great fight back to get back into contention in the league. Finances don’t look bad and you appear to be pulling them back up with each success!

Next season, if you get promotion, the quality of loans you can get in should really start to improve, and if you get an affiliate, you might get a few for free!

Chipper

Adulterer.
That’s really good progress, and a great fight back to get back into contention in the league. Finances don’t look bad and you appear to be pulling them back up with each success!

Next season, if you get promotion, the quality of loans you can get in should really start to improve, and if you get an affiliate, you might get a few for free!
Finances got a boost just after this - lost my 3rd best, or 2nd best if not including loans CB on transfer deadline day for his £165k minimum release clause (higher division) to Cardiff . Wasn't too disappointed in that, he was valued at £55k. Picked up an out of contract Spanish player as his replacement, I think he's slighlty better and I might start him for the rest of the season.

No trip to Wembley as Mansfield beat us 3-5 in the EFL trophy a very strange game. They scored 2, we scored 3 in a row, then they scored another 3. Final would have been against Spurs U23.

Will do a league update when we've played more games.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Jude Bellingham is an absolute beast on this game.
i got him for my Bolton side on a free from an American club in 2025. He’s been absolutely class, easily my best player. Hes getting games for England. He’s versatile. He has a 60 mil release clause so I reckon he’s gone at the end of this season (we are in the Europa league but my crappy owners are still giving me less than 10 million to spend and the lowest wage budget in the league) I’ll sell him and use the money to upgrade the scouting network and start scouting the youth intake. That’s usually where it all finally clicks in a game for me when I can afford to scout properly. 1 or 2 cheap south American regens and away you go. Sell them and buy 5 or 6 and keep battling with the board for support and upgrades along the way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
i got him for my Bolton side on a free from an American club in 2025. He’s been absolutely class, easily my best player. Hes getting games for England. He’s versatile. He has a 60 mil release clause so I reckon he’s gone at the end of this season (we are in the Europa league but my crappy owners are still giving me less than 10 million to spend and the lowest wage budget in the league) I’ll sell him and use the money to upgrade the scouting network and start scouting the youth intake. That’s usually where it all finally clicks in a game for me when I can afford to scout properly. 1 or 2 cheap south American regens and away you go. Sell them and buy 5 or 6 and keep battling with the board for support and upgrades along the way.
I picked him up on a free as his contract was expiring when I was Juve manager (classic Juve move) but I left for Madrid that same summer so I kind of Fergie-Zaha'd him. Bought him back from Juve when I moved to Spurs though for around 45m I think it was.

He just always seems to play well. Only gets around 10 goals a season for me but each one is so perfectly timed when I really need it.

Chipper

Adulterer.
23 points from the latest 10 matches and it would be a disaster not to come up automatically now. Top by 6 points, 10 points clear of 4th placed Accrington with a much better goal difference and only 6 matches left.

Important recent matches were:
Game 33 - Lincoln 2-0 Southport
Game 34 - Southport 4-0 Crewe
Game 36 Southport 5-1 AFC Wimbledon
Game 37 - Accrington 0-3 Southport