Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I've had that with no back ups :(
I had that bug where if you go back into a match and mistakenly press space to continue it loads the match replay but before it could I backed out and it crashed my game. Feck sake. I was so lucky that I had a backup literally the day before!

Had many go the opposite way though sadly.

2E_MUFC

It's a lot of money but who can you spend it on to replace his goals?

I had planned to bring Haaland in during my second summer but with Greenwood outscoring him this season I'm not so sure. Might buy him anyway and rotate them.
I literally turned it off when I got that offer to think haha! Not even looked at who I could get. He’s carried my Dortmund team to 2 titles. Scored over 120 goals in 3 season. The current world player of the year. Broke the bundesliga record goals by 9. But that is a big offer. Greenwood is amazing aswell.

diarm

I literally turned it off when I got that offer to think haha! Not even looked at who I could get. He’s carried my Dortmund team to 2 titles. Scored over 120 goals in 3 season. The current world player of the year. Broke the bundesliga record goals by 9. But that is a big offer. Greenwood is amazing aswell.
If he's not going to get upset then you can't sell that!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
After two seasons you start getting newgens that are better than him anyway. Sell.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ooh game crashed on me, has ruined the amazing 0W 8D 1L, 0W 6D 1L just isn't as amazing. I think my team is broken.

Berbaclass

WTF is this guy. I'm going to have to break the bank for him :drool:

How easy must it be to manage Ajax :houllier:
Found this guy 6 months ago and agreed a deal worth £1.1 Million thinking he would get a permit. Turns out he played only 37% of the national games when he needed 45%. Now fecking PSG are about to steal him :rolleyes:

A couple of updates for you.

De Jong, no less than 2 weeks after I confirmed the deal suffered a double hernia (4 weeks) and then a major hip injury (4.5 Months) so his introduction to my team has been fantastic as you can imagine. His confidence is shot (if that is even a thing on the game) and is missing CCC like nothing I've ever seen before

I also managed to get the little Colombian for £3.5 Million. Initially, PSG had a bid accepted and I didn't have enough money so I asked the board and for some reason he thought my offer was the better one. Mind you, that got shot down with WP issues as I said before. Luckily for me PSG interest cooled after this and I waited a few months for him to get 2/3 more Colombian caps and now he's mine :drool:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I am a Las Palmas team strapped for cash in La Liga.

Anyone have any advice on how to find these regens you are all finding!??

Lay

Sell. The Bundesliga is usually a league where a very good striker can score a ton of goals. I’ve had Morata score 40 goals in 32 games.

Scout around and you’ll most likely find strikers in Brazil/Argentina for a fraction of the price

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This, you could probably get 10 of them for 200 MIllion :lol:
Yep. I know I’ve moaned in here before about clubs spending £100 million on one player when finishing 15th while I finish top of the league and have that as my whole budget but you can purchase 4 wonderkids for the price of that if you’re smart and they will all turn out better.

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
Planning on trying an online game with a mate.

Has anyone got any experience of FM online? How does it work? How does taking turns work or can you only play at the same time?

Also we've each got a random championship team and I've ended up with Hull (lucky me), anyone know any good buys for the Championship?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Has anyone got any experience of FM online? How does it work? How does taking turns work or can you only play at the same time?

Also we've each got a random championship team and I've ended up with Hull (lucky me), anyone know any good buys for the Championship?
Angel Gomes and Troy Parrott are great loan moves for the Champ.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Good man thanks!

He's got Derby who have a transfer budget of £10mil, Hull have budget of £2.5mil and a crap wage budget so could be a slog for me.
Also James Justin. Haven't used himself but read that he was pretty good. Not sure about actual transfers!

Berbaclass

You play at the same time and when one of you continues a countdown starts then it force contunues when that is up. You can choose the amount of time the countdown is or if you're skyping or whatever just agree when to continue.

diarm

I just lost to Liverpool on penalties in the FA Cup final and I'm genuinely as devastated as if it'd happened in real life.

We beat them 3-0 away and 5-0 at home in the league this year on the way to knocking them down into the Europa League for next season. I then battered them for 120 minutes today but drew 1-1 and then Rashford and Pogba miss their penalties in the shootout.

Gutted.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

No bugger turns up :)

Lay

When a goalkeeper has 200pa.. what’s the point. Milan have Donnarumma who is high and a regen goalkeeper with 200pa. Don’t think I’ve ever needed a super goalkeeper

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
When a goalkeeper has 200pa.. what’s the point. Milan have Donnarumma who is high and a regen goalkeeper with 200pa. Don’t think I’ve ever needed a super goalkeeper
Defensively I never really noticed a huge difference, with all the clowny decisions and dodgy animations going on at the back it's hard to judge. But I think for distribution it can make quite the difference: around release I played a Dortmund safe, who in Bürki have a natural sweeper keeper to begin with, but thanks to the AI I was able to pick up Ederson and it felt like night and day.

Dan_F

I feel like goalkeepers rarely get a good match rating. It only seems to go above 7 if they save a pen.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well I've downloaded this on mobile and taken over Newcastle. I've been busy so far as apparently the culture at the club was wrong do decided to move a few known cnuts like Shelvey on. That said I've signed Alfredo Morelos so it could backfire. I've brought in Quintero to help him settle. Bargain.

Lay

My first ever save on FM was Newcastle (maybe FM05). Back when top teams ended up bankrupt/relegated, Liverpool, United always seemed to go down after succumbing to their debts. I had a midfield of Gerrard, Hargreaves and Carrick. I think my strikers were Marquinhos, Adriano and Ronaldo (for sentiment reasons only) Fun times.

Maluco

Try and sign up Toni Herrero, Nohan Kenneh, Amad Traore and Pietro Rovaglia

Signed the 4 of them for under 5 million and all starters for me in La Liga, and having a great second season. All 4 started in La Liga B and we finished on 96 points!

Maluco

I feel like goalkeepers rarely get a good match rating. It only seems to go above 7 if they save a pen.
They rarely do but it makes a difference. Had 36 clean sheets across all comps in my Newcastle save with Donnarumma in goal.

Had never thought much of it before, but am now on a mission to find a top GK on new save.

Berbaclass

Close to my first title now. Won all but 3 games this season and now in mid-January.

Ernesto Torres is ana absolute machine.

Having to fend off £100 million bids from United for Adarabioyo and Cash though!

Maluco

Close to my first title now. Won all but 3 games this season and now in mid-January.

Ernesto Torres is ana absolute machine.

Having to fend off £100 million bids from United for Adarabioyo and Cash though!
Is that Tosin who begins the game at City?

I ask because my scouts are only luke warm about him but I have him coming in on a free because his physicals are so good!

Please say it’s him because I can’t get Armini back on loan and that would be a massive boost!:drool:

Berbaclass

Is that Tosin who begins the game at City?

I ask because my scouts are only luke warm about him but I have him coming in on a free because his physicals are so good!

Please say it’s him because I can’t get Armini back on loan and that would be a massive boost!:drool:
How good are your scouts?

Yeah, that's the one. I signed him on a free and he's been an absolute rock for me.

Berbaclass

PSG are fecking cnuts :mad:

I sold them Trincao for £60 Million guaranteed and there were a few more clauses. £10 Million after 10 league goals (he got 1) and also 50% of any profit.

They sold him to Juventus for the exact amount they bought him for so we get nothing.

Maluco

How good are your scouts?

Yeah, that's the one. I signed him on a free and he's been an absolute rock for me.

I am slowly putting together a better team, but finances are tight. Scouts aren’t that bad though, but I was in two minds because they weren’t giving amazing feedback and my wage bill is so tight. Went ahead because I knew I would have nothing to spend in the summer.

I know right now I will have to rely on loans again in season 3, but am having a great season 2 with a mix of youth and loans. Armini is key though and he is leaving.

Have signed pre contracts with this guy and Bellingham though, so delighted with that. He looks amazing in your save and I have picked him up unopposed. He on loan at Brentford.

I picked him up just to have another player in the squad that had value because I am threadbare without loans.

I neverI imagined he would turn into what you have. That’s great news :drool:

I know potential ratings can change from game to game, but I fancy him to kick on because of those physicals!

Maluco

PSG are fecking cnuts :mad:

I sold them Trincao for £60 Million guaranteed and there were a few more clauses. £10 Million after 10 league goals (he got 1) and also 50% of any profit.

They sold him to Juventus for the exact amount they bought him for so we get nothing.
Such a Juventus thing to do too :D

Berbaclass

I am slowly putting together a better team, but finances are tight. Scouts aren’t that bad though, but I was in two minds because they weren’t giving amazing feedback and my wage bill is so tight. Went ahead because I knew I would have nothing to spend in the summer.

I know right now I will have to rely on loans again in season 3, but am having a great season 2 with a mix of youth and loans. Armini is key though and he is leaving.

Have signed pre contracts with this guy and Bellingham though, so delighted with that. He looks amazing in your save and I have picked him up unopposed. He on loan at Brentford.

I picked him up just to have another player in the squad that had value because I am threadbare without loans.

I neverI imagined he would turn into what you have. That’s great news :drool:

I know potential ratings can change from game to game, but I fancy him to kick on because of those physicals!
Keep trying for Armini. You always get the "Looking to give a chance in the first team" response but eventually, in my experience they let you have them again.

sebsheep

I just lost to Liverpool on penalties in the FA Cup final and I'm genuinely as devastated as if it'd happened in real life.

We beat them 3-0 away and 5-0 at home in the league this year on the way to knocking them down into the Europa League for next season. I then battered them for 120 minutes today but drew 1-1 and then Rashford and Pogba miss their penalties in the shootout.

Gutted.
I feel you man, I managed to come 2nd in the league behind them and lose to them in the FA Cup final.

Berbaclass

I had absolutely no idea but we're 7 games away from the Arsenal invincibles unbeaten record. 17 games from the back end of last season and 24 unbeaten so far this campaign.

I've played all the top teams twice already this season too :lol:

Maluco

Keep trying for Armini. You always get the "Looking to give a chance in the first team" response but eventually, in my experience they let you have them again.
I will, because I only have one CB on the books (Salcedo) who is actually mine, but Armini has been unbelievable.

I might just trust this guy now though, have him and Wallace from Lazio coming in now, so can maybe use loan slots for full backs and attackers now.

Las Palmas squad really falls apart early on with so many older players, so am building from scratch and totally reliant on loans.

Outside chance of CL in my first season back in La Liga though. Thanks to Armini, Reiner from Madrid and Petanga, a surprise package who has been unbelievable at TM!

Another loanee who I won’t be able to keep.