Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Any link to that guide? I really don't invest much though in training tbh, I training shedules from the workshops which work okay I guess but I'm always interested in new input on training.
I usually leave all training to my assistant (although recently i've noticed he seems to use a gegenpress schedule despite me using a tiki-taka tactic all season :mad:).

Is this method something you need to download? Or can you just adapt your own training schedules?
Same with me, used to leave general training to Assistant and then set up individual roles for each player. The below guide shows I was doing all wrong. I mean it's not wrong exactly but I wasn't getting the best output with Assistant taking general training and me setting up individual roles for each player. I used to train all midfielders to box to box, defenders to ball playing defenders, forwards to complete forwards as that covered most of the attributes.

To make sure i covered everything properly, i sacked most of my coaches if they didn't have Model Citizen, Professional, Model Professional personalities. Same with physios.

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm20-development-guide-and-training-schedules.html

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It sounds like it would be a real slog to be in charge of training to be honest.

I just get in the best assistant I can, and let him take it.

I know the gains can be far better, but it seems far too fiddly and time consuming to be in there changing the routines every week.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I’m sure it’s been asked, but there are 26 pages to go through. Wondering do people still download the logo and face packs? And where’s the best place to get them from? Haven’t played FM in years

NoLogo

Same with me, used to leave general training to Assistant and then set up individual roles for each player. The below guide shows I was doing all wrong. I mean it's not wrong exactly but I wasn't getting the best output with Assistant taking general training and me setting up individual roles for each player. I used to train all midfielders to box to box, defenders to ball playing defenders, forwards to complete forwards as that covered most of the attributes.

To make sure i covered everything properly, i sacked most of my coaches if they didn't have Model Citizen, Professional, Model Professional personalities. Same with physios.

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm20-development-guide-and-training-schedules.html
Interesting, sounds like something I would start trying in my Dortmund save.

Maluco

Is there any easy way to implement better training without having to be editing it every few weeks?

Eire Red United

Evening lads. I’ve played FM handheld for a good few years now on my iphone and enjoy it, have never played it on any other device. Couple of quick queries for anyone more experienced than me.

Possibly looking at buying an ipad to help with working from home these days and wondering if the game is any different on ipad other than the obvious bigger screen.

Also, thinking of getting it for pc and I am a complete dummy in this area, is it possible for me to purchase online, download and play or do I have to buy a physical disc to go into the laptop? Sorry if a daft questions, any help/advice much appreciated, thanks.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Evening lads. I’ve played FM handheld for a good few years now on my iphone and enjoy it, have never played it on any other device. Couple of quick queries for anyone more experienced than me.

Possibly looking at buying an ipad to help with working from home these days and wondering if the game is any different on ipad other than the obvious bigger screen.

Also, thinking of getting it for pc and I am a complete dummy in this area, is it possible for me to purchase online, download and play or do I have to buy a physical disc to go into the laptop? Sorry if a daft questions, any help/advice much appreciated, thanks.
You download it through Steam, I think that's the only place they sell it on. Worth checking cdkeys website to see if they have a deal on as you might be able to get it a decent bit cheaper.

Lay

Another bogey team for me is Benevento. Only team to beat me last season (drew away and lost 2-0 at home!) they do the double over me the season before. I only just beat them 2-1 at home with a dodgy penalty.

pascell

So glad I didn't sell Chong but Bailey instead. Chong is really stepping it up in my third season as an inverted winger on the right contributing 14 goals and 8 assists in 20 PL games.

I also picked up a new defender in January for 89M €. 21 year old french lad named Todibo. He is going to replace Maguire who is simply too slow to play with my high d-line. He hasn't been bad but I get into real trouble every time he is playing and the opposition team has a fast striker.

Edit: of course, since I just wrote on here how awesome Chong is developing he manages to pick up an injury for 6 weeks. Argh.
Todibo was/is at Barca, United were linked with him before he moved their. There were rumours of them selling him I think it was last summer.

NoLogo

Todibo was/is at Barca, United were linked with him before he moved their. There were rumours of them selling him I think it was last summer.
He never had been on my radar so far. Apparently he was at Schalke on loan, and they bought for €32M him from Barca then I bought him from Schalke for €89M, so they made quite a nice profit for just two seasons of developing him.

NoLogo

Oh yeah finished my third season winning pretty much every trophy that there is to win. CL final was nail-biting stuff though. I met RB Leipzig in the final who had thrown out Liverpool in the semis with a 2-0 at home and a 3-1 win at Anfield which was a big warning shot. In the final we started badly going down 0-1 by a great goal from Werner. But we got back in the game through a penalty before half time by Haaland. After giving the team the hairdryer treatment at half time we pretty much dominated the second half firing no less than 10 shots on Leipzig's goal but it wasn't meant to be. So we got into overtime where we had one big chance through Rashford to win it in and Leipzig was pretty much dead in the water at this time but almost scored through a corner in the 120th minute. So it all came down to penalties where only one Leipzig player had missed a penalty before Pogba send us to haven by making it 5 out 5 penalties for us. Man it's been a while since I jumped around that much after a final win. Amazing season, amazing cup final against Arsenal and CL final against Leipzig.

I think I'll give this save a rest for now and start something new. Not quite sure what I want to do first though. Probably Dortmund but I was recently thinking about that it would actually be fun to try to build the Galacticos 3.0 at Real, or even start my journeyman game where I try to win a title in as many European leagues as I can start in some smaller league and after that try to get a job in one of the four major European leagues.

Nickosaur

First season in South America done. Champions of Chilean Division 2 with Santiago Wanderers. Strange season - the first half was a struggle financially, so much so I wasn't really enjoying myself. I like to make my mark on a club, improving facilities, bringing in staff and young players, but I barely had the wages to hire a scout, let alone bring in any players. But made winning the league worth it. Think I'll struggle in the top flight next season but will give it a go and see who we can bring in during pre season.

pascell

A quick Google says yes, never used that before.
Its their cloud based gaming thing, you can only play it online though.
He never had been on my radar so far. Apparently he was at Schalke on loan, and they bought for €32M him from Barca then I bought him from Schalke for €89M, so they made quite a nice profit for just two seasons of developing him.
Nice bit of profit, you often see that on FM for some reason. The German teams are the best to loan players out to as most teams have excellent training facilities as a minimum.

sebsheep

First season in South America done. Champions of Chilean Division 2 with Santiago Wanderers. Strange season - the first half was a struggle financially, so much so I wasn't really enjoying myself. I like to make my mark on a club, improving facilities, bringing in staff and young players, but I barely had the wages to hire a scout, let alone bring in any players. But made winning the league worth it. Think I'll struggle in the top flight next season but will give it a go and see who we can bring in during pre season.
Not bad work there. Don't like not having a money to spend either, if it's not much you still want to make a few changes to suit your style.

sebsheep

Starter my FM20 Career in the Greek Superleague 2 with Apollon. Never managed in that country before so thought it would be a fun save to try to build them up and see what can be achieved.
Gave me nothing to spend and a tiny bit of wage budget which I used to get this guy, be interesting to see if people still remember him.
2 of my 3 CBs then got injured for a couple of months right at the start of preseasons, not the best start. 1 of them at least is just about back for the season I'm about to embark on. Expected to challenge for the league so no pressure. :nervous:

NoLogo

Just out of curiosity did any of you guys have players like Chong where you thought they wouldn't be all that great judging by their attributes but instead they performed amazingly well? Or like the opposite, you bought a player where you felt he was tailor made for the role you had in mind but you just weren't able to get any good performances from him?

diarm

Just out of curiosity did any of you guys have players like Chong where you thought they wouldn't be all that great judging by their attributes but instead they performed amazingly well? Or like the opposite, you bought a player where you felt he was tailor made for the role you had in mind but you just weren't able to get any good performances from him?
Rashford for me looks like he should be a world beater but just never plays well. Williams on the other hand, doesn't look great at all on paper but performs unbelievably and keeps the much higher rated and more expensive left back I bought out of the team.

NoLogo

Rashford for me looks like he should be a world beater but just never plays well. Williams on the other hand, doesn't look great at all on paper but performs unbelievably and keeps the much higher rated and more expensive left back I bought out of the team.
Oh yeah good examples. Rashford only really seems to be working well for me since I use him to rotate with Greenwood and Haaland. He scored 30 goals and got 6 assists which puts him right behind Haaland and ahead of Chong (24 17) but yeah those season before I also struggled to get him to good performances, mainly though because he was injured a lot. AWB was another player I really couldn't get to perform well, the weird part was that despite his good defensive stats I felt like he was the FB to commit the most defensive errors.

diarm

Oh yeah good examples. Rashford only really seems to be working well for me since I use him to rotate with Greenwood and Haaland. He scored 30 goals and got 6 assists which puts him right behind Haaland and ahead of Chong (24 17) but yeah those season before I also struggled to get him to good performances, mainly though because he was injured a lot. AWB was another player I really couldn't get to perform well, the weird part was that despite his good defensive stats I felt like he was the FB to commit the most defensive errors.
Right back is the weakest position in the whole game. There are plenty of ok ones but the great guys are like hens teeth.

I'm developing Laird and Dalot because there's no value in trying to buy anyone better. Liverpool turned down €200m from PSG for Trent and City just bought Ricardo Pereira for £86m in my save!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Right back is the weakest position in the whole game. There are plenty of ok ones but the great guys are like hens teeth.

I'm developing Laird and Dalot because there's no value in trying to buy anyone better. Liverpool turned down €200m from PSG for Trent and City just bought Ricardo Pereira for £86m in my save!
I'm not so sure, especially if you are United and have money.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Started a new save. Gone for Newcastle and their squad is awful and bloated. Will compare this to once I'm a little bit in and see the change.

diarm

I'm not so sure, especially if you are United and have money.
Maybe it's just my save but I don't see anyone except Trent that is that much better than Dalot or Laird can be.

Wague, James and Aaron's are decent but not by enough to spend silly money on.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Maybe it's just my save but I don't see anyone except Trent that is that much better than Dalot or Laird can be.

Off the top of my head Wague, Dest, Khellven, Emerson, Guga, Aarons, Vagnomann, Hakimi, Hoever, Cancelo, Odriozola are all very solid RB's for most teams.

That's before you even take into consideration regens coming in. There's more than enough quality.

Dan_F

I know what you mean with that. I wouldn’t bother with Dalot though, he didn’t really develop on my save. Signed Dodo for £15 million from Shaktar and he scored/assisted quite a few from right back. Not as good as AWB defensively, but it’s not really a big issue when you’re dominating teams.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Greenwood is insane. In my first season he's my starting striker now and averages a goal every 80 minutes or something. Develops really quickly, too. I've struggling to get the best out of Bruno and Rashford. Pogba and Sancho have both been immense for me. Tuanzebe has been great in defense.

Sold Fred in January because he was bitching to the team about not playing enough. Feck off. Also fecked Jones and Lingard out of the club because that's what I'd do first in real life, too. Probably left my squad a bit light for the rest of the season but it was worth it.

Doing really well in the league now but Pool are too good. They've only dropped 4 points in 24 games.

roonster09

Scout
Greenwood is insane. In my first season he's my starting striker now and averages a goal every 80 minutes or something. Develops really quickly, too. I've struggling to get the best out of Bruno and Rashford. Pogba and Sancho have both been immense for me. Tuanzebe has been great in defense.

Sold Fred in January because he was bitching to the team about not playing enough. Feck off. Also fecked Jones and Lingard out of the club because that's what I'd do first in real life, too. Probably left my squad a bit light for the rest of the season but it was worth it.

Doing really well in the league now but Pool are too good. They've only dropped 4 points in 24 games.
For me Bruno is awesome, assisted around 25 goals in the first season playing in AM role. On the other hand Sancho didn't perform as expected, James had better goals+assists ratio.

After first season PSG made bid for Pogba and he wanted to leave no matter what. Accepted 121 million bid.

For some reason Chinese clubs are making lot of bids for my players. Was able to offload players quite easily in first season Jan window and then second season summer window.

Rojo and Jones were sold to Chinese clubs in Jan. Shaw, Lindelof, Fred all have offers from Chinese clubs now.

Lingard has gone to Sheffield United, trying to offload Martial as I have Lautaro Martinez.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
For me Bruno is awesome, assisted around 25 goals in the first season playing in AM role. On the other hand Sancho didn't perform as expected, James had better goals+assists ratio.

After first season PSG made bid for Pogba and he wanted to leave no matter what. Accepted 121 million bid.

For some reason Chinese clubs are making lot of bids for my players. Was able to offload players quite easily in first season Jan window and then second season summer window.

Rojo and Jones were sold to Chinese clubs in Jan. Shaw, Lindelof, Fred all have offers from Chinese clubs now.

Lingard has gone to Sheffield United, trying to offload Martial as I have Lautaro Martinez.
What are you using Bruno as? He's a support AM for me.

He's still an assist machine from free kicks, just not great outfield for me.

sebsheep

I feel like when I did a season with United I ended up switching him from that AM support to a Mezzala as he didn't play that well as the former for me.

roonster09

Scout

Started first few games as SS, then switched his role to AM support. Yeah his set pieces are class.

When used in midfield 3, used him as Mezzala support, he was very good but more than 90% of the time I played 4-2-3-1 so had to play him as AM.

This season I'm planning to switch to 4-3-3, so will use him as Mezzala.

sebsheep

I don't know who was negotiating player contracts before I arrived but they're an idiot. Standard team is doing well so everyone wants your players in January comes around, agree to let 4 players go. Turns out 2 of them get 100% of any transfer fee. 100%!!!

Maluco

Starter my FM20 Career in the Greek Superleague 2 with Apollon. Never managed in that country before so thought it would be a fun save to try to build them up and see what can be achieved.
Gave me nothing to spend and a tiny bit of wage budget which I used to get this guy, be interesting to see if people still remember him.
2 of my 3 CBs then got injured for a couple of months right at the start of preseasons, not the best start. 1 of them at least is just about back for the season I'm about to embark on. Expected to challenge for the league so no pressure. :nervous:

Love saves like that where you can bring in an old legend or two! It will be interesting to see how he does with his physicals waning so much at only 30!!

I am heading into 4th season and Laird looks like an option to pick up on a free. Is he developing well for you?

I don't know who was negotiating player contracts before I arrived but they're an idiot. Standard team is doing well so everyone wants your players in January comes around, agree to let 4 players go. Turns out 2 of them get 100% of any transfer fee. 100%!!!
That is really harsh! There are definite AÍ problems in the game even today.

Teams also have a tendency to play older players and legends way too long and never give their young players a chance.

The big PL teams hoard so many players they never play in massive wages that make them impossible to sign

sebsheep

Love saves like that where you can bring in an old legend or two! It will be interesting to see how he does with his physicals waning so much at only 30!!

I am heading into 4th season and Laird looks like an option to pick up on a free. Is he developing well for you?

That is really harsh! There are definite AÍ problems in the game even today.

Teams also have a tendency to play older players and legends way too long and never give their young players a chance.

The big PL teams hoard so many players they never play in massive wages that make them impossible to sign
Didn't realise the picture quality was so bad until you said he was 30. :lol: He's 36 now, which explains the physicals a bit better.
Playing his as a DLF on support means the physical side of his game isn't that important. He has 13 goals 3 assists in 18 games this season so far. Which I feel is pretty good.

Those transfer deals annoyed me even more because the club is bleeding money even though I'm within budgets and the combined transfers would've halfed the negative bank balance. Promotion will probably be very important for the club.

Maluco

Didn't realise the picture quality was so bad until you said he was 30. :lol: He's 36 now, which explains the physicals a bit better.
Playing his as a DLF on support means the physical side of his game isn't that important. He has 13 goals 3 assists in 18 games this season so far. Which I feel is pretty good.

Those transfer deals annoyed me even more because the club is bleeding money even though I'm within budgets and the combined transfers would've halfed the negative bank balance. Promotion will probably be very important for the club.
Haha that does make better sense now. I was wondering why he was so weak at 30!

His other attributes are fantastic though and he appears to be bossing it.

I am a sucker for the 30+ players dropping down a level and enjoying getting another season or two out of them.

There are lots to be had after season 1, so keep an eye out!

sebsheep

Haha that does make better sense now. I was wondering why he was so weak at 30!

His other attributes are fantastic though and he appears to be bossing it.

I am a sucker for the 30+ players dropping down a level and enjoying getting another season or two out of them.

There are lots to be had after season 1, so keep an eye out!
Hopefully my scouts can find some good deals, I don't use the search screen anymore so rely on scouting or an agent offering a player to me. Think that's how the Eduardo deal came about.

The idea of using older players is something that gets a bit lost in bigger club/league saves I think. It all becomes about chasing the new wonderkids every year to challenge the ones you signed last year. I'll make an effort to avoid that this save though.

Njord

There are some fantastic midfield talents in this game. In my Arsenal save I play a 4-3-3 with a DM, where I put Ilaix Moriba, as a Regista. In the other two positions I have Camavinga and Bellingham. All three are regulars in my second season at 17/18 years old, and espescially Moriba is superb. Finished the season with 30 PL games and an average rating of 7,55.

roonster09

Scout
Usually I avoid buying players at their peak and for big money, but this time I'm making full use of transfer kitty.

Second season in September I have fee agreed for Mbappe and for just 140 million. 90 Million upfront + 40 million in installments for 3 years. Not sure if this is trick, I read this on other forum and followed the same tactic. I offered them 50% from next transfer fee, as if I'm going to sell Mbappe.