Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Dan_F

:lol: I'm afraid even the star players seem to miss more often than not! It's just one of those quirks this year unfortunately.
Really? As if missing one on ones all the time wasn’t annoying enough.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really? As if missing one on ones all the time wasn’t annoying enough.
It feels like my success rate is only about 65%, Martial/Rashford are my takers so they're probably not the best on the game but I don't get a penalty and feel confident put it that way :lol:

Can anybody recommend me a better fullback than AWB / Dalot? I missed out on Aarons which is annoying.

Art Vandelay

I hate signing Model Citizen youngsters now as my squad corrupt them and they become Resilient or something instead. My squad is full of wankers that are all starting to feel they deserve a new contract only a few months into their current contract. Only Eriksen and Kante have survived having their personalities warped by the ingrates. Everyone else comes out worse. Poor Florentino Luis, he was the best of us and now he's just resilient.

LInkash

Over a decade in and Messi is manager of Stoke, playing in the traditional Stoke way too...

Has this happened to anyone else? I feel like it must be scripted, you couldn't make it up!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just had Mason score a hatrick (the 3rd goal was his 100th United goal) to win me the title away at West Ham. Perfect :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Greenwood is insane on this. He scored 27 in 27 for me, but then missed the last 2 months of the season with a torn hamstring. Gutted!

He didn't seem to lose any stats though luckily.

Martial came in for me and took over extremely strongly. He powered me to the title and won the CL for me with a hattrick in the semi against Chelsea, and the final against Bayern :drool:

Finished with a 8.23 average in the CL and 21 goals in total, got to love Tony :D

I've got to the point where I'm struggling to upgrade my squad now without buying the Neymars etc.

Nickosaur

Had a good few hours on this today. Just reached January with Brighton, first season. I'm 11th, had some great results so far and my tactics are starting to do really well. Got Wanyama on loan but other than that done very little business.

Can be overwhelming at first but once you set up your responsibilities, training, a good tactic etc, it's great fun.

Berbaclass

Had a good few hours on this today. Just reached January with Brighton, first season. I'm 11th, had some great results so far and my tactics are starting to do really well. Got Wanyama on loan but other than that done very little business.

Can be overwhelming at first but once you set up your responsibilities, training, a good tactic etc, it's great fun.
Yeah, that's it really, once you've put the work in pre-season and training etc. then it's a really good game. Been made even better by the delegation stuff that you can do now too.

On the flip side though it is super frustrating to put hours into setting a new team up and it all going to shit :lol:

Dan_F

Is it worthwhile setting up all the training manually? I’ve delegated it all because it’s changed so much from a couple of years ago.

I am getting so annoyed at having games with 65/35 possession, 20/3 shots, then drawing 2-2 or 1-1. Obviously it’s going to happen a few times a season and you can’t win every game, but it’s happening to me once a month at least.

I’ve never felt like there’s been massive issues with previous saves, but this, along with the penalty issue is really ruining the game for me at the moment.

Nickosaur

Can anyone remember where the screen is where you can set up loan offer preferences? i.e. you can ask your loan manager to only accept loans meeting certain criteria.

I was in there last night and set my loan manager to automatically reject any loan offers from clubs who have less than excellent training facilities and who aren't prepared to offer at least 50% wages. Which is 95% of clubs apparently, meaning my players are getting pissed that i keep rejecting loans!

Nickosaur

Is it worthwhile setting up all the training manually? I’ve delegated it all because it’s changed so much from a couple of years ago.

I am getting so annoyed at having games with 65/35 possession, 20/3 shots, then drawing 2-2 or 1-1. Obviously it’s going to happen a few times a season and you can’t win every game, but it’s happening to me once a month at least.

I’ve never felt like there’s been massive issues with previous saves, but this, along with the penalty issue is really ruining the game for me at the moment.
I like to do most things myself but training just seems so complex to me. I let my assisstant run things but i'll keep an eye on the schedule and might add attacking sessions if we've got an easier game/defending sessions for a tougher game etc. I do set the individual training though (i.e. the position and additional focus) for each player.

2E_MUFC

Ended up finishing 3rd and winning the Europa league in the first season with United. I ended up beating Red Bull Salzburg 4-2 in the final, the strangest thing about this game I created 15 clear cut chances which I’ve never seen before! My strikers miss a ridiculous amount of one on ones

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Still didn't bought it. Was expecting a better discount on Christmas sales, but only 15% didn't convinced me. Will wait a few couple of months more until the price hits 50%

Nickosaur

Ended up finishing 3rd and winning the Europa league in the first season with United. I ended up beating Red Bull Salzburg 4-2 in the final, the strangest thing about this game I created 15 clear cut chances which I’ve never seen before! My strikers miss a ridiculous amount of one on ones
Think that's a problem with the match engine. I'm Brighton - and I know Neal Maupay is by no means a prolific finisher - but he gets 2 one on one chances per game, and i've only seen him put one away. In general my striker seems to struggle, despite getting plenty of chances.

How do you guys properly analyse your tactics btw? I tend to just look at number of shots and possession, and occasionally follow my assistant's instructions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Halfway through my 3rd season with Hoffenheim (started at Bristol City for 3 seasons). First year snuck into the CL spots, 2nd year got lucky on final day to get into the CL spots again but won the cup over Dortmund, but now finally found consistency in the squad and am on top of the league. Kept constantly adjusting the tactics a bit till I felt like the performances seemed right. Team is: have a few really good regens on the wings and as a box to box that have been the main differences this season. Also my creative midfield is Mo Ihatteran who is class, but start of January City made a £125m bid for him out of nowhere (which I counter for 120m upfront and 15m in incentives) which they withdrew. Then of course he puts in a transfer request so we'll see if they put the same offer in. Haaland is fecking brilliant but is constantly itching to leave, but he has a 105m release clause which nobody has bid so feck it. Plenty of interest though.

Almost left in the summer to Bayern, but they ended up taking Nagelsmann instead so I extended my contract. Goal is to take over United but Ole is still there, won the CL last season and walking to the title this year finally after getting close to both CL and PL every year. Feel like finally winning a title will be a big rep boost, so might see what bigger job there is after this season (even though the squad I built is really nice). Not sure I'll be able to hold on to like 4 of them though, so it's good timing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is there a way to download logo and facepacks for only the main leagues? I don't really want a 16GB facepack with random players from smaller countries and lower leagues.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Just found this beauty on the transfer list :drool:

Great catch. You got a good winger "can opener" style. Not going to score a lot of goals, but will be terrifying on 1-on-1 with defenders. He's not going to be a player that follows tactical instructions with discipline, though.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Anyone played this on mobile? I've got last year's version but is it worth getting this?
Was expecting a larger discount on Christmas Sale for the "normal" version, but the Handheld version was 50-60% discount. Should had warned people here on topic, sorry.

mitChley

I managed to somehow win the league with United in the first season.

I was happily in 4th then hit a great spot of form after Christmas which took me to 2nd, then Liverpool absolutely bottled in and only won something like 2 of their last 9 games.

Made some big changes in the 2nd transfer window (brought in Sancho and Haaland in the first). Bought a new left back, new centre back, new DM and then sold off Pogba (because I couldn't deal with him constantly wanting to leave) and bought De Jong in for £20m less.

The strikers are absolutely infuriating in this game, it is turning me off playing knowing that as soon as I see a striker in on goal I might as well not watch as it's not going to go in.

Wal2Fra

Picked up 20 on the switch after having and enjoying 19. Obviously a lot missing from the pc version with plenty of limitations (only able to run with 3 nations at a time)

Started in French 3rd Divisoin with A.S Beziers. Won the league the first season then somehow finished 2nd in division 2 which slightly defied the boards expectations of "avoid automatic relegation"

1st season in Ligue 1 with the board expectations "atleast put up a fight to avoid relegation" (no trust apparently!) but happily sat mid-table with a 10 point cushion over the relegation places at the midway stage.

Happy to see the stadium filling up almost weekly but struggling to bring in any upgrades in terms of staff. Don't trust my scouts to much so want to change but getting rejections from anyone I offer a contract too even if they are free agents or working in a lower league.

Berbaclass

Great catch. You got a good winger "can opener" style. Not going to score a lot of goals, but will be terrifying on 1-on-1 with defenders. He's not going to be a player that follows tactical instructions with discipline, though.
Yeah exactly, I bring him in late to run by people and stretch the game.

JoaquinJoaquin

I hate signing Model Citizen youngsters now as my squad corrupt them and they become Resilient or something instead. My squad is full of wankers that are all starting to feel they deserve a new contract only a few months into their current contract.
I'm currently having this with my Besiktas save. Won the Turkish double in the first season, and now the club have no money to buy the loan players I had, Plus my players are all demanding new contracts. Kinda took the fun out of it slightly.

Red Star One

Just going into 3rd season on my Leicester save. Feels like I have spent ages to get there - I haven't played much of FM19 and it's been a long while I've been hooked as much, but I really love how detailed training is, how natural it feels and how cool it is now to run your u-23 and u-19 teams as well, I spent long hours scouting some teenagers and take a lot of satisfaction watching them develop and play well for my reserve teams. Haaland has been amazing for me (managed to sign him after first season), Tsygankov on AMR doing wonders, Dani Olmo and Tielemens as two mezzallas feel great. Enjoying the game a lot so far and it feels like I can spend few good years with Leicester - never really liked playing big teams as it felt slightly too easy and it was just too annoying when you were expected to win everything and had hardly any players worth signing, but it's been ages that I gave a chance to United, perhaps in this FM20 it actually feels challenging. Leicester is great starting team though - plenty of funds, plenty of room for improvement, good facilities and few really class players. Having a lot of fun lately.

2E_MUFC

Second season I ended up bringing in Godfrey, Olmo, Chiesa and Lautaro Martinez who has been brilliant. Then couldn’t resist in bringing in a transfer listed Kante.

The problem I’m having so far this season is Dan James form. He was really good in the first season scoring around 15 goals. With Chiesa coming him, he was always going to be back up this season but he’s been awful.

How has he turned out for people? Is he worth keeping around?

2E_MUFC

Lautaro Martinez is so good. Top scorer in the premier league and champions league so far. Has 20 goals in mid November.

hungrywing

Can anyone remember where the screen is where you can set up loan offer preferences? i.e. you can ask your loan manager to only accept loans meeting certain criteria.

I was in there last night and set my loan manager to automatically reject any loan offers from clubs who have less than excellent training facilities and who aren't prepared to offer at least 50% wages. Which is 95% of clubs apparently, meaning my players are getting pissed that i keep rejecting loans!
Been a couple weeks but just in case you now have four UNH players, it should be under Staff - Staff Responsibilities - Personal Assistant

Santos J

First season at Forest, win in the final game and we win the title after a cracking 2nd half of the season. Gonna struggle financially if we go up though I think but would be a shame not to now. Interestingly, Leicester are bottom of the PL with 3 games left, hopefully I can nab a few players if we end up swapping leagues but imagine they'll expect a feck tonne in wages.

Dan_F

I’m not sure what scouting budgets are like for teams in the Championship for example, but I’ve managed to get a Slovenian team to a stage where I’ve beaten Arsenal and Bayern in my fifth season. When I took over I had a total wage budget of 33k per week. Obviously once you can get regular champions league money it’s easier to scout for the best young talent. Problem is players always want to leave to join a bigger league eventually.

Anyway, my point was that there’s so many talented regens in Serbia, Croatia for example. If you hoover them up for 500k fees, you’ll have the likes of Juve wanting them soon enough. I’m not sure how that works post brexit though. If you’re struggling for wages then these guys want similar wages to league 2 players.

2E_MUFC

Struggling away from home against the big teams this season. How does everyone seem to set up against them?

Nickosaur

Really enjoying my Brighton save. Finished 11th in first season, 8th in season two! Loaned Bakary Saka from Arse and Valverde from Madrid who were instrumental in that season.

Season 3 is about to start and I managed to snag Tonali for £21.5m (brilliant replacement for Valverde) and Jude Bellingham for £17m who looks insane for a 18yo and will probably be in the first team by the end of the season. Also Saka and Emery like me so managed to get him on another season loan.

Brighton actually have some very good players. Bissouma and Alzate (still only 21) have been brilliant. I’m playing a custom tiki-taka that did alright in season 1 but really improved in season 2. Media has me down for 13th but if Tonali hits the ground running I see no reason to aim for 8th again.

First XI is:
GK – Ryan
RB – Tavares (Benfica, 20y.o)
CB – Webster
CB – Dunk
LB – Bernardo
DM – Tonali
CM – Bissouma
CM – Alzate
RW – March
LW – Saka
CF - Maupay

2E_MUFC

Really enjoying my Brighton save. Finished 11th in first season, 8th in season two! Loaned Bakary Saka from Arse and Valverde from Madrid who were instrumental in that season.

Season 3 is about to start and I managed to snag Tonali for £21.5m (brilliant replacement for Valverde) and Jude Bellingham for £17m who looks insane for a 18yo and will probably be in the first team by the end of the season. Also Saka and Emery like me so managed to get him on another season loan.

Brighton actually have some very good players. Bissouma and Alzate (still only 21) have been brilliant. I’m playing a custom tiki-taka that did alright in season 1 but really improved in season 2. Media has me down for 13th but if Tonali hits the ground running I see no reason to aim for 8th again.

First XI is:
GK – Ryan
RB – Tavares (Benfica, 20y.o)
CB – Webster
CB – Dunk
LB – Bernardo
DM – Tonali
CM – Bissouma
CM – Alzate
RW – March
LW – Saka
CF - Maupay
Saka does look good. He’s first choice at arsenal on my save and they’ve transfer listed Pepe because he can’t get in ahead of him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I've been going back to my save on FM19 - just out of interest are there lots of changes in 2020 version and do you think they are enough to make me want to buy it?