Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
,Liverpool played 10 won 10 and pulled well clear of me in second. Bastards.
Liverpool are a bit shite in mine. Spurs though :lol:

Jose got 11 points from 14 games and was gone before Christmas :lol:

They replaced him with Michael O'Neil...

Berbaclass

:drool:

James is no joke in this BTW. Very effective on the LW as an IF (A) or IW (A). I'd go more with IW because he can't shoot though. Good for breaking at pace and driving forward though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think the gameplay looks much more realistic with their improvement on decision making intervals. Though I really don't like the match interface: either use the common abbreviations or write out the names, just writing out the first six letters is an abomination. I also used to have opponent formation and match stats visible at all times, having to open a popup that covers half of the screen to get that information feels like a huge step backwards. The whole thing looks neater, but as far as I can tell they have trimmed a lot of functionality. Agent interaction, xG and being able to adjust tactics for just the next game are small (and one might say long overdue) but extremely nice additions though and I think masking the precise physical condition stats behind icons is also a very good step in terms of realism. If the ME holds up and if I can find a better skin for the match interface, then I'm really happy with the game this year.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

I think the gameplay looks much more realistic with their improvement on decision making intervals. Though I really don't like the match interface: either use the common abbreviations or write out the names, just writing out the first six letters is an abomination. I also used to have opponent formation and match stats visible at all times, having to open a popup that covers half of the screen to get that information feels like a huge step backwards. Agent interaction is a very nice addition though.

Agreed

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:drool:

James is no joke in this BTW. Very effective on the LW as an IF (A) or IW (A). I'd go more with IW because he can't shoot though. Good for breaking at pace and driving forward though.
He's my top scorer after 3 games :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Done for the day but very impressed with it all so far. Feels really good to play.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
One thing has to be said though: What is the point of playing this game if Moukoko isn't in it?

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Started with Sunderland and I already hate most of my team. Can't wait to get rid of half of them in summer. Once they get us promoted, that is.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He'll be updated in a week or two. Think he's currently 15 so probably legal reasons etc...
He will turn 16 in about a week or so, there's already talk of him maybe making the senior squad against Hertha. So it would be kind of weird to have him get minutes in real life, but not be in the game at all. As far as I know SI have 16 as a cutoff age when implementing players, but I don't know whether they will implement them as 15 year olds after they turn 16 in real life.

Berbaclass

He will turn 16 in about a week or so, there's already talk of him maybe making the senior squad against Hertha. So it would be kind of weird to have him get minutes in real life, but not be in the game at all. As far as I know SI have 16 as a cutoff age when implementing players, but I don't know whether they will implement them as 15 year olds after they turn 16 in real life.
They did with Odegaard I'm pretty sure.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I’ve took over Aberystwyth and I plan to make them the team in Wales. My cousin has been promoted to my assistant manager. Cries of nepotism drowned out by my sheer charisma.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
I really like the speed and transition through screens. I would quite like to be able to see the stats of both my team and the opposition on screen like I could on previous editions. Not sure if that has gone or I haven't worked out how to get there. I like the being able to speak to the agent too to see if it's worthwhile. In game play and patterns of play feel better too.

In terms of United, I started a save with them to test the beta. I bought Rabiot to start and then sold off squad players and promoted youth players (Laird and Pellestri are particularly impressive). I'm 10 games into the league season and have won all 10 (including Liverpool) quite comfortably playing a 4-2-3-1. De Gea, Telles, Maguire, Lindelof, Wan Bissaka, Pogba, Rabiot, Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood and Martial. United are incredible with all of Rashford, Bruno, Pogba being the best in their respective positions. Daniel James has been key off the bench with assists & goals too.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I have closed/restarted Steam twice and still can't see the Beta :(
Little work around, close steam but keep it running right click on the icon near your taskbar and all your games should be there, click on fm 2021 and it should install.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I’ve took over Aberystwyth and I plan to make them the team in Wales. My cousin has been promoted to my assistant manager. Cries of nepotism drowned out by my sheer charisma.
When I was in secondary school, my PE teacher played in the Welsh PL and was on FM. I'd sign him up if I was doing a save at a bad enough level. He was like a really, really, really, really, really shit Roy Keane. :drool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Basically just cycling 2 433 lineups (or half rotating for tougher games if I still need to rotate):
De Gea (SK-d)
Wan Bissaka (WB-s) Lindelof (BPD-d) Maguire (BPD-d) Telles (WB-s)
VdB (DLP-d)
Pogba (CM-s) Bruno (AP-a)
Greenwood (IF-a) Martial (AF-a) Rashford (IW-a)

Henderson
Williams Bailly Tuanzebe Shaw
Fred
McTominay Mata
Lingard Cavani James​

Interested to see how Diallo/Pellistri do. Won't use them much until the 2nd season when I can sell off all the dead rubber and get some bigger turnover. First season playing it out like real life season though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My mate’s brother in law is the England Under 17s assistant manager. Probably won’t sign him for Utd though.

Berbaclass

I'm having a mare this evening. Just put Mejbri in goal against Leicester without realising FFS :lol:

Bratt

Wasn’t going to buy this, but just did as I feel a quarantine might come sooner rather than later.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think they have to ask them personally if they’re under 16 if they want to be put in the game.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
When I was in secondary school, my PE teacher played in the Welsh PL and was on FM. I'd sign him up if I was doing a save at a bad enough level. He was like a really, really, really, really, really shit Roy Keane. :drool:
Out of curiosity was your teacher Dylan Blain? One of the most pathetic claims to fame you’ll find but I was on fm for two seasons while I played in the Welsh premier. I enjoy managing Welsh prem clubs solely to knock TNS of there fecking perch.

My mate’s brother in law is the England Under 17s assistant manager. Probably won’t sign him for Utd though.
Sign him up. Nepotism over meritocracy. (Unless he’s a knob then feck up his career)

Lay

Out of curiosity was your teacher Dylan Blain? One of the most pathetic claims to fame you’ll find but I was on fm for two seasons while I played in the Welsh premier. I enjoy managing Welsh prem clubs solely to knock TNS of there fecking perch.

Sign him up. Nepotism over meritocracy. (Unless he’s a knob then feck up his career)
Did you used to sign yourself?

Also just having flashbacks when FM included one of One Direction into the game and I used to sign him despite being utterly shit

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is it just me or is the fixture list weird? I played Burnley on the 3rd October and now I am about to play them again on the 21st November. Both league games.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Did you used to sign yourself?

Also just having flashbacks when FM included one of One Direction into the game and I used to sign him despite being utterly shit
Constantly, I was good mates with the reserve keeper at the time so we’d do network games where I’d sign myself and he’d sign himself. At least in the virtual world we were successful footballers.

I didn’t realise that guy got included :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Nah, bloke called Craig Hutchinson - played for Connah's Quay. To be fair, the Welsh Prem is probably about 30% PE teachers. :lol:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Nah, bloke called Craig Hutchinson - played for Connah's Quay. To be fair, the Welsh Prem is probably about 30% PE teachers. :lol:
I know a former Welsh Prem player and sure enough he’s a PE teacher too :lol:

One of my old teachers is in it as a goalkeeping coach too. He was in FIFA 98 as a player back in the day too. A lot of guys I grew up with in Canada are in it as well, I always sign them and stick half of them in the reserves as they usually aren’t actually good enough. Last I played was FM19 and there was this annoying habit of some of them asking for like £1k a week so I couldn’t afford them despite them being on amateur contracts and getting paid nothing at their current clubs:lol:

This threads making me want to get this even though I know I don’t actually have the time to play it atm.

Berbaclass

Is it just me or is the fixture list weird? I played Burnley on the 3rd October and now I am about to play them again on the 21st November. Both league games.
Yeah it's really compacted for the first season because of covid and the later start date. I played WBA home then away in consecutive games just after Christmas.

::sonny::

Watched on YouTube, fm21 looks like a database update + a low cost press and boring interview stuff upgrade

Gazza

Little work around, close steam but keep it running right click on the icon near your taskbar and all your games should be there, click on fm 2021 and it should install.
Cheers for that, will try it when I get home!

Stupid question maybe: do I need to preorder the full game in order to play the beta?

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Cheers for that, will try it when I get home!

Stupid question maybe: do I need to preorder the full game in order to play the beta?
Yeah, thats why the beta isn't showing up. cdkeys.com is the cheapest, you'll get a code

Lay

How have they handled Covid? empty stadiums?