g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Football Manager 2022

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The guests have taken over the party!
Vaduz complete an unbeaten league season to claim the Swiss Super League for the 1st time in their history. Doubled up with our Liechtensteiner Cup to secure our spot in the Conference league qualifying again.

Also managed to pester the board into letting me sign the South African youngster. Only took about 25 attempts. :lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I completely forgot that they got rid of Champions League away goals rule.

Playing as RB Salzburg and drew Real in the knockout phase. Tried to keep it close in the away fixture and lost 5-3. No problem as my home form has been great. 18 year old debutant scored in the 90th minute of the home tie to make it 3-1 and I was running around the house thinking I had done the impossible, only to see the extra fecking time menu pop up.

feck.

Edit: We did it!!! Sesko with a header in the 115 minute. Benzema hit the bar on a 1v1 in the 121st miunte and Mantl was an absolute peak De Gea (was MOTM, 15 saves) throughout. Smaller leagues are the best.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Finished my 1st season with Real Madrid (2025/26). Illaix Moriba got injured for 3 months, missed the Copa del Rey final where I lost 1-0. Won the league with a few games to spare, got to the CL final vs Bayern and then in the 2 weeks leading up to the game, Lewandowski gets injured for 2-3 weeks. Moriba finally returns to training 2 days before the final, Lewandowski a day away but I say feck it, I start him anyway. His contract is up after this game, same with Courtois and my right back di Lorenzo, so very much a last dance scenario.

Bayern take a 2-0 lead 10 minutes in, Lewandowski pulls one back and then another for 2-2 with a 94th minute penalty. My team fully knackered, me abusing Moriba and Lewandowski who haven't trained basically but are now playing a full 120 minutes. Bayern takes another lead in ET, Lewandowski scores an equalizer 5 minutes before time for his hat trick against his old team, and then I win on penalties. Was a genuinely really fun match to watch, those little dots on the screen did me proud.

Now that I won the league and CL in my first season, I don't really feel like staying for the rebuild. Hoping for a top 4 Bundesliga side (not bayern) or an international position, guessing one will open up after the world cup.

So 5 seasons in, 1 with Ajax, 3 Fiorentina, 1 Real Madrid, I won the league 4 times and now a CL once. Using a 4-1-4-1 (with the right winger being an AMR, inside forward), feels like such a well balanced tactic. Just copying it over from team to team.

cj_sparky

I've just absolutely tore my Cefn Druids side a new one after losing a game to Cardiff Met Uni in injury time, going as harsh as I could in the post match stuff. Then deciding the DM who thinks he is a Star Man was done after his 3rd red of the season demoting him to the 19's and telling him he was surplus to requirements...only to realise a few continued clicks later we actually drew the game as the goal was ruled out :lol:

NoLogo

I've just absolutely tore my Cefn Druids side a new one after losing a game to Cardiff Met Uni in injury time, going as harsh as I could in the post match stuff. Then deciding the DM who thinks he is a Star Man was done after his 3rd red of the season demoting him to the 19's and telling him he was surplus to requirements...only to realise a few continued clicks later we actually drew the game as the goal was ruled out :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great stuff, shouting at them like a mad man

*Throwswaterbottleatteam* "To lose like this is unacceptable, no way should you lose a game against these cnuts."
"But boss we..." "Shut your god-damn gob you lazy bastard, I had it with you getting sent off, you'll be training with the u19s from now on, get the feck out of my club." :mad:

Last edited:

cj_sparky

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great stuff, shouting at them like a mad man

*Throwswaterbottelatteam* "To lose like this is unacceptable, no way should you lose a game against these cnuts."
"But boss we..." "Shut your god-damn gob you lazy bastard, I had it with you getting sent off, you'll be training with the u19s from now on, get the feck out of my club." :mad:
I've been really good until that point. Pressure of being 2nd in the league, albeit way above where we should be after being tipped to finish 9th.

In real life, I have no doubt the would all be saying "who is this knobhead Sunday League player with a National C license think he is". :lol:

I was overly harsh, including the Cardiff Met game we haven't conceded in 5 League games. Although 3 0-0's has me worrying about making top 3 :nervous:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I really, really, really do not like the Austrian leagues format.

I had a 17pt lead at the end of the "regular" period with 10 games to go (the Championship Grouping). When the "Championship Group" began that lead was artificially cut to 8 points and I was then forced to cram 6 games into 20 days due to Champions League while the other teams had 4 games. The team was knackered for each league game and that lead is down to 3 points. The whole point of playing a whole season is that the whole fecking thing should matter. Instead I am being punished for progressing to the quarter finals of the CL and my points cushion was wiped out. So stupid.

Edit: Nicolas Seiwald is turning into a potential World Class DM and potential club/country captain.

Last edited:

NoLogo

Well, the table of my third season with my Barca side ended up looking like that.

Not quite sure what to make of that. I think my current set of tactics is pretty strong and has me equipped to deal with almost any situation I'm facing, but I think if you look at the rest of the table, it feels like the rest of the league has a big problem, which is AI squad building. The next team has only collected 70 points, Real were completely woeful and have probably one of the oldest squads I have ever seen, and Atlético isn't doing much better. The truth is also that I might have a good squad, but the majority of my players aren't even the finished article, so I reckon this isn't the worst of the domination that is going to happen. Oh yeah, and pretty much all three games where I drew were unlucky, just was the loss. The only game I was really on the back foot for the majority of the time was playing at the Santiago Bernabéu, where Real quite honestly was the better team, but I still ended up winning 3-1.

Also made it to the CL final where I will meet the other FCB from Germany. They have Haaland as a striker, feeling really nervous about this. They have such an amazing squad.

Last edited:

NoLogo

Fecking hell we did it. Still not quite sure how, but we beat Bayern 3-0. I started out in the first half with my trusty 4-3-3 but got totally dominated by Bayern and their fast wingers. Sané and Ganbry supported by their attacking wingbacks, especially Davies over the left, threatened to tear me a new one, and I was lucky to get into the half-time at 0-0. I then switched to the 4-1-4-1 that tactically works pretty similar to the 4-3-3, but which I usually only used to see games out, in hopes that we could stem the avalanche of Bayern attacks a bit, and it worked. They barely produced any good chances anymore, and when Gutierrez made one of his inward cutting runs from deep in the 72nd minute, he was clean through on goal and coolly finished our first huge chance of the game. Of course Bayern threw everything at me, but we kept our defensive shape well and in the 86th minute Yusuf Demir scored with an absolute Aryen Robben memorial screamer from the right corner of the penalty box in to the left upper corner of the Bayern goal, we could all feel the win was near. We kept control of the game and while Bayern was shooting very much very opportunity they got we managed to keep our lead and even land another counter-attack which Gavi lobbed over Manuel Neuer in the 90+3 to send the entire Barca bench into ruptures celebrations. Absolute madness.

Player of the match: Marc-André ter Stegen for single-handedly denying Bayern the win in the first half. There is simply no better feeling than winning an important game which you looked like losing for a long time. Man, I'm hyped right now. :D

bosnian_red

Resigned from Real Madrid after my 1 year there, winning the league and CL. Not keen on rebuilding them, spending big on all my transfer targets and then having them impossible to buy later on :lol:
It's currently the world cup, so I've been trying to sneak into an international job part way through but it's not working. Liverpool, Juventus and Real Madrid are all available, so you would think a more interesting job pops up. Am hoping for a solid german side, probably wouldn't say no to a premier league job, probably not a good time to be international manager as it'll be 4 years until a world cup. Meh. Maybe time for a year sabbatical.

Edit: Meh. Liverpool took Gerrard who was at Wolves, Real Madrid took Raul who was at Strasbourg. Koeman went to Juve who was at Barca and I don't feel like switching from Real Madrid to Barca to just have a 1 year easy win (they're squad is great though). Wolves might be my best option.
Or actually Luis Enrique just left Everton to take Barca. Everton or Wolves it is...

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Doing my first quit and reload. Brazil offered me a job while I was mid negotiation with Everton and Wolves, didn't think they would pull the contract offer if I took the national team job as I thought I could just do both. Might need to have the club job first then?

Ludens the Red

Anybody has any issues with crashes. My game crashed nine times in a row when I began the first match watching on 3D. I disconnected from the internet and it started working. This is bizarre and I need an explanation.

vangagal

Abraxas

Very slow progress for me, haven't had much time for the game. Second season of my journeyman save and I think I have a good chance of getting our friends Grorud promoted this time with 5/5 wins so far.

The Ralfy 4-2-2-2 is working a charm now. You need exceptional players for the league as the attacking midfield 2 for this formation otherwise they are easily blunted by the narrowness and the games seeming bias against them. I picked up some 38 year old Spanish attacking mid with phenomenal technicals. He can't run and is blowing out of his arse after 50 minutes but who cares when he wins the game before then!

Also wing backs on attack!

Otherwise I do reccomend this formation, it's a lot of fun.

sebsheep

:lol:

bosnian_red

Doing my first quit and reload. Brazil offered me a job while I was mid negotiation with Everton and Wolves, didn't think they would pull the contract offer if I took the national team job as I thought I could just do both. Might need to have the club job first then?
Ended up taking Wolves. Luckily for me, clubs seem to be willing to spend obscene amounts on pretty average players or just old players. Sold Ruben Neves for 62m to Juve, brought in this deep lying playmaker wonderkid I brought through at Real Madrid who was open to join. Yusuf Demir was also at Bayer Leverkusen transfer listed so I brought him in for 40m. Had a massive turnover overall, sold tons of old guys and replaced with a decent chunk of young players, and they had also bought Hannibal and Brandon Williams right before I took over so that's quite a nice couple of young guys to have (even used Hannibal on loan at Fiorentina a few years ago).

A thing that really becomes difficult the longer your save gets is starting off at a new club. New set of scouted players, no idea what level they actually are compared to before... takes a while to build up a scoured database too. Should make a lot more use of the shortlist before I leave a team just so I have the players names at least if I found any gems.

sebsheep

A couple of weeks into the season and we have 3 out of 4 strikers out injured. :lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Arandina FC

After deciding to stay, we went on an unbeaten run all the way to January and were 9 points clear by February. As always, FM can’t let you have a tension free season, só lead cut right down to zero with 5 games left. A win over Numantia and a loss for Ponderrada got our 3 point lead back…before immediately losing it again in the next game.

So two home games to win the league…which we did. Staying ahead in the final game for the 3rd time in 4 years.

It was the loans that got us through. Pedrola, from Barcelona, with 31 goals in 39 games from IW…and he doesn’t want to return!

After Oviedo screwed us by taking back their player after 7 games, we picked up Jesus Carrillo on a free. He did the job, getting 5 goals and 11 assists from AMC, which can often be hard to get players performing in.

Young striker, Marcos Denia, got 19 goals in the end, after getting over his huff. Not bad for a 21 y.o, but unsure even he can make the step up.

Max Power was also…here.

The loans will be absolutely crucial to us surviving next season, as my own players are well off the standard needed and we are still £3 million in debt. Badges stalled and no interest from clubs in Championship.

But a double promotion with a team this size is among my best achievements in FM. So maybe I should stay…

I am hoping players will be worth a bit more once we jump division so I can sell them on and get us out of debt!

Barcelona are our new affiliate so it will be absolutely crucial to see who we can get out of them without paying wages.

Lay

Getting Barcelona as an affiliate is great

Balljy

I started with Cefn Druids and was struggling a bit, but got them to 2nd in the second season. I've just handed in my notice after a bust-up with the board after they refused to go professional as I wasn't going to get anywhere semi-pro. I got the National C licence (started with none) at Cefn and have somehow manged to get a job with Deportivo Dongu in Mexico.

They look in a right state finance-wise and I can't afford contracts for a load of players, but it's a big step-up.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Getting Barcelona as an affiliate is great
Yeah, it’s a bit of a result! Granada didn’t have a single player they would give me without paying for it.

At the moment, no one fancies the move but I’m hoping that changes once month ticks over and we are officially a second division side.

Only 60k a week in wages and no transfer budget, so I need those loans!

I started with Cefn Druids and was struggling a bit, but got them to 2nd in the second season. I've just handed in my notice after a bust-up with the board after they refused to go professional as I wasn't going to get anywhere semi-pro. I got the National C licence (started with none) at Cefn and have somehow manged to get a job with Deportivo Dongu in Mexico.

They look in a right state finance-wise and I can't afford contracts for a load of players, but it's a big step-up.
This sounds like a promising story! I wish I had a better PC so I could run multiple countries like this!

cj_sparky

I managed to finish 2nd in the first season...Barely. They have put my through my C and B Licence. I intend to stay a couple more seasons before moving on or maybe when a better club offers me an interview. I've got the UK and Ireland leagues loaded and France/Germany/Italy/Spain top league. I was offered the Curzon Ashton job when I took Cefn, although I actually wanted to started lower with a team in the Northern Ireland 3rd teir.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My time at Newcastle didn’t start great. I brought in some good players but the squad was ageing and I shifted a lot so they’re not gelling. Finally had the money to buy a Brazilian midfielder called Wisney Junio. Been tracking him since I was at Porto.

The team is definitely lacking in areas. Especially left back and there’s no real cutting edge up front but we’re doing alright. At one point Les Ferdinand was in the media claiming a loss against Chelsea might see my job questioned. I won the game against Chelsea and it’s been steady since. I think I’m around 10th or 11th though. Will take time.

NoLogo

Feck AI-Klopp, god damned pain in the arse. He left Liverpool and joined City, now they are a fecking pain to deal with. Just lost to them in the CL 3-1 at the Emirates and I felt I got away lightly, they were all over me, like a swarm of bees.

This is his setup at City, and it seems to work brutally well. Apart from tearing me a new one, they also lead the league by 8 points after 10 games.

Lay

Won a third UCL in a row with Napoli :lol: knocked out Liverpool, Inter, United and then Chelsea in the final.

Finally won the scudetto, 103 points, Juventus in second with 96 but it was neck and neck until the last 3 games where they capitulated.

My other manager has failed to get a job after the AFCON win, Holland, Croatia and Serbia turned him down. Should be some jobs coming up as the season has ended. I assume winning the AFCON holds little weight as even lower league sides have said no.

sebsheep

Feck AI-Klopp, god damned pain in the arse. He left Liverpool and joined City, now they are a fecking pain to deal with. Just lost to them in the CL 3-1 at the Emirates and I felt I got away lightly, they were all over me, like a swarm of bees.

This is his setup at City, and it seems to work brutally well. Apart from tearing me a new one, they also lead the league by 8 points after 10 games.
KDB as a Regista is mugging the league off :lol:

NoLogo

Do you know these cases where you have two players in the same position and on paper one is clearly better than the other but the in game performances the one that attributes wise is clearly the weaker player always seems to perform better? I am in this situation with Pedri and Gavi. Gavi isn't bad but attributes wise I feel like clearly Pedri is the better player yet when it comes to actual performances Gavi clearly outperforms Pedri in almost every way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Do you know these cases where you have two players in the same position and on paper one is clearly better than the other but the in game performances the one that attributes wise is clearly the weaker player always seems to perform better? I am in this situation with Pedri and Gavi. Gavi isn't bad but attributes wise I feel like clearly Pedri is the better player yet when it comes to actual performances Gavi clearly outperforms Pedri in almost every way.
I suffer with this. My brain can’t help but want to pick the player with more stars. It just looks better on my squad screen :lol:

Widow

First season of my Curzon Ashton journeyman save and I'm promoted to the National league as champions!

The lower leagues are mental to play in. One game we look like gods beating second place 4-0 at their gaff then the next we'll lose to the bottom side!

My top scorer finished with over 30 goals in 40 games and is on a non contract so isn't even getting paid, I do love the part time club benefits sometimes. It's hard having to rebuild almost the entire squad for the forthcoming season though especially when attribute masking is on you have zero idea what a player looks like until you have him on trial for a few weeks.

Onwards and upwards though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I signed a £27m striker for Atletico three days before getting offered the Newcastle job. He's now worth £90-£110m and would be perfect for my current team :(

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I just lost comfortably to fecking Burnley and my assistant Matt Ritchie (couldn't find anyone better) just praised their whole team. It's like the 5th time he's done that so I sacked him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Maybe because of hidden attributes? Usually for young players, few of the hidden attributes and mental attributes are random, So that might be the case.

NoLogo

Maybe because of hidden attributes? Usually for young players, few of the hidden attributes and mental attributes are random, So that might be the case.
Yeah that could be a reason or PPMs? I don't really know but Gavi is currently just insane. He has 17 starts so far this season and scored 15 goals and made 8 assists. Pedri who pretty much plays in the same position has 19 starts, 5 goals and 9 assists. So yeah Gavi is quite comfortably the more effective player for me at the minute. While going by attributes Gavi should be a good player, Pedri theoretically should be an absolute beast, but I can't really get him to perform as well as Gavi.

sebsheep

I just lost comfortably to fecking Burnley and my assistant Matt Ritchie (couldn't find anyone better) just praised their whole team. It's like the 5th time he's done that so I sacked him.
:lol:

bosnian_red

Yeah that could be a reason or PPMs? I don't really know but Gavi is currently just insane. He has 17 starts so far this season and scored 15 goals and made 8 assists. Pedri who pretty much plays in the same position has 19 starts, 5 goals and 9 assists. So yeah Gavi is quite comfortably the more effective player for me at the minute. While going by attributes Gavi should be a good player, Pedri theoretically should be an absolute beast, but I can't really get him to perform as well as Gavi.
I think it's something that over time they'll just perform better. I kind of just trust that the better player will be better for my team in the end even if they have some inconsistent periods or the ratings don't line up. If it's close then for sure, but if its clear that one player is ahead, I tend to run with that player.

bosnian_red

Suffered the heaviest defeat of my career with Wolves 3 games in, against Arsenal. Why is it that they always seem to be really good in FM? Anyway. I beat Spurs 3-0 and then lost to Arsenal 4-0 the week after, draw 0-0 in back to back games and then the press started questioning me. cnuts. I just won the CL and won the league 3 seasons in a row between 2 different teams, if Wolves are struggling it's because Wolves are shit.

sebsheep

Suffered the heaviest defeat of my career with Wolves 3 games in, against Arsenal. Why is it that they always seem to be really good in FM? Anyway. I beat Spurs 3-0 and then lost to Arsenal 4-0 the week after, draw 0-0 in back to back games and then the press started questioning me. cnuts. I just won the CL and won the league 3 seasons in a row between 2 different teams, if Wolves are struggling it's because Wolves are shit.
Never go full Mourinho.