Gaming Football Manager 2022

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Phew. Literally came down to the fact that I beat them 1 - 0 at the Bernabeau in the second game week (we drew at home). Won the league on H2H.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That’s a very satisfying season! FM seems to have something built in to it to make things tense.

Twice out of my two seasons so far, I have had leads cut down just to give me a tense final game.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Right so I've played two seasons now and on both occasions we have started really well, knocking about in the nationL league play off places, acceptable cup runs etc. Then all of a sudden a switch flips. My strokers forget they have feet and we literally can't buy a win. I have a secondary tactic preloaded so I can switch. This will bring a performance from nowhere and then the shite resumes. Then, when we can't make the play offs anymore, we string 4 or 5 wins together.

This game can fecking do one.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just won the Nations League with England as well. Tight match with Italy in the semi and then a Greenwood hattrick against Holland in the final. I think I'll stay until the 2030 World Cup and then see. Looking to change club jobs now after two years with Atletico.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So after 4 interviews and constantly being linked like Gaitan to Utd, I am finally Newcastle manager. I'll look to stay here for a while and try to build a dynasty.

Career so far has been:

Helmond Sport
2021 - 2023

Keuken Kampioen Division: 2023

FK Partizan
2023 - 2025

Cup Srbjie: 2024
Linglong Superliga: 2024 & 2025
Entered Serbia Hall of Fame

Feyenoord
2025 - 2026

Johan Cruijff Schaal: 2025
Eredivisie: 2026
TOTO KNVB Beker: 2026

Porto
2026 - 2027

Allianz Cup: 2027
Liga Portugal Bwin: 2027 - Invincible season
Europa Conference League: 2027
Taca Del Portugal Placard: 2027
Entered English Hall of Fame

Atletico Madrid
2027 - 2029

Supercopa De Espana: 2028
La Liga: 2028 & 2029
Copa Del Rey: 2029

England
2028 -

UEFA Nations League: 2029

Newcastle
2029 -

Newcastle have won absolutely nothing so far since their takeover. They've had Ten Hag, Mancini, Gattuso, Conte and 4 other managers. All for diddly squat. No manager lasted longer than a year and a half.

vangagal

Right so I've played two seasons now and on both occasions we have started really well, knocking about in the nationL league play off places, acceptable cup runs etc. Then all of a sudden a switch flips. My strokers forget they have feet and we literally can't buy a win. I have a secondary tactic preloaded so I can switch. This will bring a performance from nowhere and then the shite resumes. Then, when we can't make the play offs anymore, we string 4 or 5 wins together.

This game can fecking do one.
LLM seems to be more challenging in FM22 compare to last edition. Previously, i can get away with one simple tactic all season long, now i'm stuck in mid table because my tactic not working properly. With the level of lower league players, making some sophisticated tactic just take forever to works on them.

Maluco

Arandina FC Update

Finished the season 4 points clear and almost immediately started the process of giving away players that aren’t good enough to free up wages. To my surprise, the clear out is going quite well and we got in a young CB, LB and ST. We also have loan offers in for two very good attacking players…

…and then it happened! A job offer from Stockport County and I don’t know what to do.

They are in League One, and after the interview, agreed to give me 70k a week in wages to reshape the team, as well as the staff!

The problem is, if these loans go through at Arandina, we could have a team capable of competing for the playoffs, and perhaps doing something really special in Spain.

We are 1.5 million in debt, however, and my badges have stalled because of this.

I have stopped playing for now because I will either have to…

A) Stay with Arandina and hope that I can get these players in without other teams swooping in and leaving us in chaos (but with the chance of having a really competitive squad in the division if it all comes off)

B) Go for the progression, and what would be a fourth team in 4 years at Stockport. The chance to be in League One, just a good season away from the Championship. But a massive job to rehaul the squad, which might not be good enough to have any sort of competitive season.

No idea what to do…

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Arandina FC Update

Finished the season 4 points clear and almost immediately started the process of giving away players that aren’t good enough to free up wages. To my surprise, the clear out is going quite well and we got in a young CB, LB and ST. We also have loan offers in for two very good attacking players…

…and then it happened! A job offer from Stockport County and I don’t know what to do.

They are in League One, and after the interview, agreed to give me 70k a week in wages to reshape the team, as well as the staff!

The problem is, if these loans go through at Arandina, we could have a team capable of competing for the playoffs, and perhaps doing something really special in Spain.

We are 1.5 million in debt, however, and my badges have stalled because of this.

I have stopped playing for now because I will either have to…

A) Stay with Arandina and hope that I can get these players in without other teams swooping in and leaving us in chaos (but with the chance of having a really competitive squad in the division if it all comes off)

B) Go for the progression, and what would be a fourth team in 4 years at Stockport. The chance to be in League One, just a good season away from the Championship. But a massive job to rehaul the squad, which might not be good enough to have any sort of competitive season.

No idea what to do…
Have some self respect mate, nobody should be considering moving to Stockport.

Lay

But….but….it’s League One! !:nervous:
Stay in Spain!

I got over my crash issues, created a new manager and took over Ivory Coast for the AFCON. Zaha turned into peak Ronaldo and we beat Morocco 4-0 in the final. I resigned because their World Cup qualifying group has Cameroon, Nigeria and Morocco and they’re currently bottom. Seems an incredibly tough group with I think only group winners who go through. Didn’t fancy that blot on my record as the FA expects me to qualify

Maluco

Stay in Spain!

I got over my crash issues, created a new manager and took over Ivory Coast for the AFCON. Zaha turned into peak Ronaldo and we beat Morocco 4-0 in the final. I resigned because their World Cup qualifying group has Cameroon, Nigeria and Morocco and they’re currently bottom. Seems an incredibly tough group with I think only group winners who go through. Didn’t fancy that blot on my record as the FA expects me to qualify
Yeah, it was a tough one, but decided to stay in Spain and the few good loans came off. Am close to having a very reasonable squad for this level now and am 5th in predicted table based on our transfer business so far. Stockport were League One, but that was about the only reason when I really thought about it!

Nice work on the AFCON! Am hoping I can get a job like that once I am up to a 3 star rep!

NoLogo

Talk about being an idiot. Umtiti left us after I wouldn't pay him the usual 400k+ pw everyone of my players demands. Now two years after leaving us and barely playing at PSG he left for Benfica for 6M and is earning 74k pw. Serves the greedy bastard right. :lol:

NoLogo

I think the squad hates my gutts by now, got into another fight with a player. Nico this time, wanted to leave for Arsenal but I actually would need him as midfield cover this season so I didn't let him go, he threw a hissy fit complained everywhere and in the meeting with the team leaders I had to resign to letting him go or else would have risked the entire squad being upset. Well feck it, put him on the transfer list for a price no one is going to pay, demoted him to the B team and don't give a shite anymore what he is doing now. Promoted two youth team players instead, they aren't quite ready yet but will probably have to share a couple of games in the first team sooner than I would have liked, seeing they are 16 and 17 years old.

Oh yeah, and because I'm a petty bastard I hope Nico's career goes just as much down the drain as Umtiti's did.

Hoof the ball

Anyone figured out a way to recreate the 4-2-2-2 box formation? The two no.10's are a pain in the ass. Thinking it's better having a 4-4-2, that way they defend in the 4-4-2, and then change the instructions of the wide players to come inside and roam, that way you get them dropping into half-spaces and drifting wide too.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think the squad hates my gutts by now, got into another fight with a player. Nico this time, wanted to leave for Arsenal but I actually would need him as midfield cover this season so I didn't let him go, he threw a hissy fit complained everywhere and in the meeting with the team leaders I had to resign to letting him go or else would have risked the entire squad being upset. Well feck it, put him on the transfer list for a price no one is going to pay, demoted him to the B team and don't give a shite anymore what he is doing now. Promoted two youth team players instead, they aren't quite ready yet but will probably have to share a couple of games in the first team sooner than I would have liked, seeing they are 16 and 17 years old.

Oh yeah, and because I'm a petty bastard I hope Nico's career goes just as much down the drain as Umtiti's did.
:lol: I love this sort of stuff. I won the treble with United and Pogba wanted a move. I was pissed off because what more could you want? I'd just delivered the bloody treble. Denied the move and he threw a hissy fit and everyone ended up annoyed with me, the manager who at the risk of repeating myself had just won them the treble.

I closed my laptop and never played it again. That was about 4 years ago and haven't played FM since.

Maluco

I usually hard line it and just push through and if you can keep winning games, it usually goes away, or at least gets you through to January when you can make a proper exchange!

I would def be playing him if need be and then sell him in January when he is getting minutes for a good fee

sebsheep

Anyone figured out a way to recreate the 4-2-2-2 box formation? The two no.10's are a pain in the ass. Thinking it's better having a 4-4-2, that way they defend in the 4-4-2, and then change the instructions of the wide players to come inside and roam, that way you get them dropping into half-spaces and drifting wide too.
We've got a Swiss Challenge League and Liechtensteiner Cup double winning manager around these parts who played a box.
It depends if you're insisting on using AMs. I just used DMs and CMs. Defending was a bit of a problem though.

sebsheep

That's how you know you're into a proper FM save. :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol: I love this sort of stuff. I won the treble with United and Pogba wanted a move. I was pissed off because what more could you want? I'd just delivered the bloody treble. Denied the move and he threw a hissy fit and everyone ended up annoyed with me, the manager who at the risk of repeating myself had just won them the treble.

I closed my laptop and never played it again. That was about 4 years ago and haven't played FM since.
They've probably forgotten by now so you should be fine.

sebsheep

No Lazio in the Europa Conference this year, could be our time to make the final..

.. Knocked out in the 2nd knockout round by Marseille.
Missed a 1 on 1 in the 85th minute, lost to a 25 yard screamer in injury time. :(

The board are also refusing to allow me to sign this top quality prospect from South Africa. They're just full blown racists tbh.

NoLogo

On another note, I don't think I have ever seen as much ridiculous chance wasting as in this game. :houllier:

Almeria got a red card shortly before half-time, and I was sure we would turn up in the second half to give them a proper beating after being fairly disappointing in the first half. We dominated alright, but the finishing was a complete disaster.

Oh yeah we gloriously won the game 1-0. :lol:

NoLogo

No Lazio in the Europa Conference this year, could be our time to make the final..

.. Knocked out in the 2nd knockout round by Marseille.
Missed a 1 on 1 in the 85th minute, lost to a 25 yard screamer in injury time. :(

The board are also refusing to allow me to sign this top quality prospect from South Africa. They're just full blown racists tbh.
How long until Immobile retires? Maybe then you can make the final as well. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Man City have just made lowball bids for three of my players on deadline day and have made them all unhappy because they want to win the European Cup and have a chance at doing so at 0 time winners Manchester City.

Maluco

Man City have just made lowball bids for three of my players on deadline day and have made them all unhappy because they want to win the European Cup and have a chance at doing so at 0 time winners Manchester City.
Power through! One of my players just did the same and I told him to grow up and criticized his first game and he was back to a 7.1 in next fixture and scored the winner in the third.

NoLogo

Alright, almost ready to throw down again with one of my players. A youngster who is gradually getting introduced into the first eleven got a game in the CL and managed to get himself sent off, the second time this season while not having played a lot so far, so yeah the kid certainly has an aggression problem. That would all be fine if his fecking agent hadn't shown up after the game at my door demanding a pay rise for said player who just got himself sent off for the second time in a very short career. :houllier: Of course, I walked away from the negotiations without a second thought, but I really wish I had an option to throw a shoe at the idiot. :lol:

NoLogo

Love it, nothing beats low balling efforts from other teams that make your own players upset you are not accepting them. Had this happen in my United save. Barca bid €43M for Greenwood, they hadn't won anything in the time I had won the league twice, one FA Cup and only was beaten by Liverpool in the CL final on penalties. Greenwood wanted a move to a team with a chance of winning the CL and apparently saw a higher chance of doing so at Barcelona, who I repeat hadn't won anything the last two season and in one didn't even make it out of the group stage of the CL. The interaction logic in this game is so amazingly broken, it's almost funny how bad it is.

NoLogo

Oh brilliant, now ter Stegen who was injured twice this season being out for 3+ weeks complains about not getting enough playing time. He literally plays every fecking game he isn't injured, the absolute cretin.

vangagal

Oh brilliant, now ter Stegen who was injured twice this season being out for 3+ weeks complains about not getting enough playing time. He literally plays every fecking game he isn't injured, the absolute cretin.
Just sell them all mate. Rebuild from scratch, the ultimage rebuild.

NoLogo

Just sell them all mate. Rebuild from scratch, the ultimage rebuild.
Already on the lookout for a quality youngster in goal, so far pretty much all I have seen looked very average, I have one who is looking quite good stats and personality wise but is only rated as a 4 star potential with one being white. Best talent I had seen so far I missed out on in the summer transfer window because he decided to go to United instead of joining me, bastard.

Maluco

8 games into the season with squad carefully calculated and loans brought in.

Cue Oviedo calling back their AMC 7 games into the season sighting that rules of loan weren’t adhered to despite him playing every game in exactly the position and role that they wanted.

That’s really frustrating and now means I have to draft in some random from the slim pickings left on free transfers or wait until January with a small squad.

Key player gone just like that!

Lay

Immobile ended up scoring 46 league goals for Lazio. Led them to the Europa final where they lost to Roma. He’s utterly ridiculous on FM. He also led Italy to World Cup glory in 2022 finishing top scorer a couple seasons back.

Dan_F

feck me, now my max wage has been cut from £13k a week to £8k, even though I’m not even using a quarter of my budget. My transfer budget was at £50 million, it’s now just cut to £35 million for the new season, even though I’ve not done anything with the money.

I think the problem is the low sponsorship and prize money for the league, even though I’m in the champions league groups every year. Not sure how long I can take this without adjusting some figures in the editor somewhere in a tiny way. It’s really unfair.

Maluco

feck me, now my max wage has been cut from £13k a week to £8k, even though I’m not even using a quarter of my budget. My transfer budget was at £50 million, it’s now just cut to £35 million for the new season, even though I’ve not done anything with the money.

I think the problem is the low sponsorship and prize money for the league, even though I’m in the champions league groups every year. Not sure how long I can take this without adjusting some figures in the editor somewhere in a tiny way. It’s really unfair.
Can you not just lob that massive transfer budget into your wage bill and pick up the freebies on decent contracts? And some loans?

Lay

United won the title on goal difference, they were level with points with Arsenal and Liverpool with City a point behind :lol: United lost at Arsenal in the last game 3-2, one more goal would have given the title to Liverpool. PSG aren't dominant on my save, Monaco won the title two seasons ago and under Pep this season they finished 3rd behind winners Lyon and Monaco.

Bayern on the other hand haven't lost the title and have won the German cup 4 years in a row.

Dan_F

Can you not just lob that massive transfer budget into your wage bill and pick up the freebies on decent contracts? And some loans?
Ive got the slider fully to the side of the wage and there’s a massive wage budget left over - I think it’s £250k a week unspent. It’s something to do with club or league reputation that seems to be limiting me.

I had to use the editor to actually fill my stadium, as the game had set the max to 9k in a 16k seater, even though I was playing teams like City, PSG etc in the CL.

Maluco

Ive got the slider fully to the side of the wage and there’s a massive wage budget left over - I think it’s £250k a week unspent. It’s something to do with club or league reputation that seems to be limiting me.

I had to use the editor to actually fill my stadium, as the game had set the max to 9k in a 16k seater, even though I was playing teams like City, PSG etc in the CL.
I think they have been very careless with lower leagues/smaller nations on this version. All sorts of little bugs with registering players and offering contracts.

Like with me earlier. I am fully aware that a club might recall a young player early if needed, but in my case they recalled a player that was playing where they wanted in every game….only to not be able to register him or loan him out again until January. 4 months of no football for him now.

Lots of little things that don’t make sense on this version. It seems like they have been careless implementing stuff like player reactions and conversations too.