g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Football Manager 2022

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I just lost comfortably to fecking Burnley and my assistant Matt Ritchie (couldn't find anyone better) just praised their whole team. It's like the 5th time he's done that so I sacked him.
Three cheers for Ramirez? :lol: :lol: It’s all gone a bit Mike Bassett!

Maluco

Suffered the heaviest defeat of my career with Wolves 3 games in, against Arsenal. Why is it that they always seem to be really good in FM? Anyway. I beat Spurs 3-0 and then lost to Arsenal 4-0 the week after, draw 0-0 in back to back games and then the press started questioning me. cnuts. I just won the CL and won the league 3 seasons in a row between 2 different teams, if Wolves are struggling it's because Wolves are shit.
I would love to see this presser :D

Siorac

Do you know these cases where you have two players in the same position and on paper one is clearly better than the other but the in game performances the one that attributes wise is clearly the weaker player always seems to perform better? I am in this situation with Pedri and Gavi. Gavi isn't bad but attributes wise I feel like clearly Pedri is the better player yet when it comes to actual performances Gavi clearly outperforms Pedri in almost every way.
Way back in FM07 my best midfielder for over a decade was a player who was supposedly unable to play in midfield: he was, by trade, a wing-back/AML. He got put in central midfield because of a massive injury crisis and remained there because his performances were just insanely good.

NoLogo

Just beat Atletico in style in the Super Copa semi final. Shades of Guardiola's Barca. :drool:

Pay close attention to Gavi. He assists 3 goals and wins the ball for a fourth goal. It's unreal how good this kid is for me.

Ahahaha just had a look through my older FM Videos, my god Wellbeck was so realistic in FM13. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolute howler.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Something that annoys me. I have Martial on trial.
Says on his info that "he's pleased to have joined" my club.
His agent says he is interested and says how much wage he wants.

Guess what, he won't enter into contract discussions :lol:

NoLogo

Something that annoys me. I have Martial on trial.
Says on his info that "he's pleased to have joined" my club.
His agent says he is interested and says how much wage he wants.

Guess what, he won't enter into contract discussions :lol:
Classic FM logic. :lol:

What I really love? Loan offers for my players, with no wages being taken over and promised playing time "fringe player". Yeah no, you know what I'm good, but thanks for asking.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Got the Lokomotive Moscow job, they have 1 central defender who is an 18 year old prospect :lol:

Have £25m to spend. There’s some good Russian players transfer listed and willing to join even though the club finished 11th last season. The league is now ranked 16th!? And will fall behind the Croatian league this season. So getting into group stages in any of the European competitions will be difficult.

No idea why they’ve fallen so badly, Scotland is 11th, Ukraine is 10th. Think I’m allowed 8 non Russian players in the squad so will sign some outcasts from the major leagues

sebsheep

Got the Lokomotive Moscow job, they have 1 central defender who is an 18 year old prospect :lol:

Have £25m to spend. There’s some good Russian players transfer listed and willing to join even though the club finished 11th last season. The league is now ranked 16th!? And will fall behind the Croatian league this season. So getting into group stages in any of the European competitions will be difficult.

No idea why they’ve fallen so badly, Scotland is 11th, Ukraine is 10th. Think I’m allowed 8 non Russian players in the squad so will sign some outcasts from the major leagues
I always found the initial squad building in Russia to be a bit of a pain due to the registration rules and general lack of player quality.

Lay

I always found the initial squad building in Russia to be a bit of a pain due to the registration rules and general lack of player quality.
Yeah 4 star Russian regens would barely be 2 stars in other leagues. Even the centre back is potentially 4 stars but he is a long way short of Championship quality. The best player in the squad was signed from the Spanish second division

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
It's crazy how many problems this game has every year. I feel like in the latest patch their solution to teams scoring too many headers from crosses wasn't to have less crosses but to just have your players hit the fecking crossbar 50 times a match.

Abraxas

It's crazy how many problems this game has every year. I feel like in the latest patch their solution to teams scoring too many headers from crosses wasn't to have less crosses but to just have your players hit the fecking crossbar 50 times a match.
I still score most of my goals from headers. Despite playing with 0 wingers.

NoLogo

I still score most of my goals from headers. Despite playing with 0 wingers.
Near corners are still so strong. That being said, my Barca side doesn't even score much from corners, actually mostly from open play and with their feet. Last season, it was 12 goals from corners, which was pretty much the same as the best AI team, but I know you can artificially ramp that up with better working corner routines than mine.

Oh yeah, and of course FBs are excellent at crossing as well, don't need any wingers to cross. :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Gone for the full Barca rebuild. Shipped out Pique Busquets and numerous other older players on terrible deals and replaced them with youngsters like Alvarez, Badiashile and Almada. Playing a pragmatic 5 3 2 and sometimes 4 2 3 1 when we are the stronger team. Second in La liga in the first year and out to Bayern in the qf of the CL. If they don’t sack me I still need to trim the squad of coutinhio, aguero, greizmann, pjanic wages. Hopefully that’ll let me get haaland eventually and then game over.

Barca should just hire me. :)

Abraxas

Near corners are still so strong. That being said, my Barca side doesn't even score much from corners, actually mostly from open play and with their feet. Last season, it was 12 goals from corners, which was pretty much the same as the best AI team, but I know you can artificially ramp that up with better working corner routines than mine.

Oh yeah, and of course FBs are excellent at crossing as well, don't need any wingers to cross. :lol:
Far corners are also strong.

Basically, corners are strong. Crosses are strong. Anything near to any part of a players head is a bit too strong.

Still, some of the goals scored are occasionally surprising and bemusing. Sometimes the match engine comes up with some real pearls.

Maluco

I’m having real problems getting anyone decent to come in at Arandina. Even now, as a Second Division team, everyone is refusing to come in on loan, and the scouts keep sending me players that “could be league below quality”.

Have manually sifted through leagues and youth teams and just can’t find players.

New season is 30 days away and team is worse than last season, as loanees didn’t want to come back.

Worrying times.

NoLogo

4th Barca season heading into the hot part of the season. Match day 29 and we win 6-1 against Mallorca with Moukuku scoring 3 and assisting 3 goals. He is in absolute beast mode right now. :devil:

Oh yeah, we also trashed Bayer Leverkusen 8-0 in the first leg of the CL, with only 10 shots on target. :houllier:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Won the Serie A again with Inter and did the CL double too. Resigned quite soon after to try and win La Liga / Bundesliga with someone.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
New patch has absolutely killed my tactics, doing awful as Newcastle with 2 wins in 20.
I'm also struggling. Spent ages tinkering with things and working on set piece routines. Sitting 8th at the moment just outside European spots.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
yeah, this version isn’t great sadly. :(

NoLogo

yeah, this version isn’t great sadly. :(
I actually like it since the last patch, feels like it's the first time you are able to actually have meaningful possession without completely blunting yourself, but it is worrying that the rest of the game, especially the interaction and game logic seems to be deteriorating year after year into absolute oblivion.

I can't stop but wonder and think that their game logic codebase is probably an absolute mess by now, and they have to build module upon module without ever cleaning up their game engine. So essentially, the game has to display much more complex logic than its engine is actually capable of handling, which means they have to take a lot of shortcuts and thus certain aspects of the game can not be factored in when it's reaction time. One of the reasons why I got this impression was the team meetings in last year's edition, where players would claim it was unreasonable to demand a league win after having won the league two years in a row. Either that or the factors that all play into the pc interaction contradicts too often and thus leads to random, unpredictable outcomes.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I actually like it since the last patch, feels like it's the first time you are able to actually have meaningful possession without completely blunting yourself, but it is worrying that the rest of the game, especially the interaction and game logic seems to be deteriorating year after year into absolute oblivion.

I can't stop but wonder and think that their game logic codebase is probably an absolute mess by now, and they have to build module upon module without ever cleaning up their game engine. So essentially, the game has to display much more complex logic than its engine is actually capable of handling, which means they have to take a lot of shortcuts and thus certain aspects of the game can not be factored in when it's reaction time. One of the reasons why I got this impression was the team meetings in last year's edition, where players would claim it was unreasonable to demand a league win after having won the league two years in a row. Either that or the factors that all play into the pc interaction contradicts too often and thus leads to random, unpredictable outcomes.
It just feels messy like you say. Before I left Inter at the end of the season 2 or 3 of my players complained about not starting enough games because they were rotated when we had 3 games in a week. They only missed about 4 or 5 games in the season but it’s that kind of interaction that’s just daft. The whole promise and interaction system just doesn’t work in its current design and it is really frustrating as it actually has an impact on the matches because of how important morale can be. Couple that with a match engine which can be broken with ease until it’s fixed with a patch that doesn’t actually nerf the meta tactics properly and in a way you’d like and you just have a game which is really suffering and stagnating. I’m really interested to see if anyone has done a save yet where the dynamic youth rating takes place because that’s one of the only things that could save them this year. They need to work a lot on current features instead of looking to add more for the next game.

NoLogo

It just feels messy like you say. Before I left Inter at the end of the season 2 or 3 of my players complained about not starting enough games because they were rotated when we had 3 games in a week. They only missed about 4 or 5 games in the season but it’s that kind of interaction that’s just daft. The whole promise and interaction system just doesn’t work in its current design and it is really frustrating as it actually has an impact on the matches because of how important morale can be. Couple that with a match engine which can be broken with ease until it’s fixed with a patch that doesn’t actually nerf the meta tactics properly and in a way you’d like and you just have a game which is really suffering and stagnating. I’m really interested to see if anyone has done a save yet where the dynamic youth rating takes place because that’s one of the only things that could save them this year. They need to work a lot on current features instead of looking to add more for the next game.
I totally agree, and a lot of people have been saying that on SI's forums as well, but SI isn't really listening to them because, well, they probably need new features for the marketing to sell their game.

Tactical wise, I would actually love to see a big change, which might also help with balance tactics a lot. Get rid of mentality. All tactics are on balanced and the risk you take is solely determined by your other team instructions and the roles and duties, and how you distribute them across your formation. I feel this would be easier for users to understand and easier for them to balance, currently there are so many factors that go into making a tactic that some minor changes can throw your entire tactic out of whack, which means it also happens whenever they change something on the ME. Even though such a change would probably not go down well with the tactic gurus on there, I feel like it could benefit the game in the long run.

NoLogo

Seems like my youth work is starting to pay dividendes.

5 of the top 10 young players playing for my club currently. :devil:

Interesting though that Moukuku isn't listed here, he is only 19 but maybe he is already listed with the grown ups?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I totally agree, and a lot of people have been saying that on SI's forums as well, but SI isn't really listening to them because, well, they probably need new features for the marketing to sell their game.

Tactical wise, I would actually love to see a big change, which might also help with balance tactics a lot. Get rid of mentality. All tactics are on balanced and the risk you take is solely determined by your other team instructions and the roles and duties, and how you distribute them across your formation. I feel this would be easier for users to understand and easier for them to balance, currently there are so many factors that go into making a tactic that some minor changes can throw your entire tactic out of whack, which means it also happens whenever they change something on the ME. Even though such a change would probably not go down well with the tactic gurus on there, I feel like it could benefit the game in the long run.
I think they need to change from Miles to someone who's more open and connected to the fans. Miles seems like he cosies up to the people that will suck him off in the media but crumbles when he's challenged by the average fan.

I agree in a way that they've made it a bit too complicated for no reason when the tactics can be influenced by morale so much. Streamlining the tactic like you say and having performance being more emphasised on that might help a bit.

Dan_F

What is it with players refusing moves. 4 months ago you were requesting a move due to lack of game time, you’re the third best right back at the club, you can move to Serie A (I’m in the Slovenian league) and they would probably double your wage.

The obvious answer is to reject the contact of course!