Gaming Football Manager 2022

diarm

Cracking save, never seen my keeper do that in any version :lol: I recently bought Trubin from Shakhtar in my United season, he's an absolute beast also but bit pricey, had to pay his 40 million release clause but is well worth it.
Sorry this is actually Trubin as well!

I had Mamardashvili on an old version. Trubin is outrageous!

::sonny::

Won the champions league with middlesbrough in my 3rd season against Real Madrid 3-2 at the last min of the extra time, what a masterpiece.
So I achieved the impossible, useless to continue this game.

Vandervort/Burki

Wood/Gabbia Diakite/Van der Berg Nelsson/Fry Kristiansen/Frabotta

Samu/Rieder Hendel/Rabiot Siedewald/Almada

Edwards/Araujo Asensio/Shoretire

Daka/Sesko

^^^
Solid players: Vandervort, Diakite, Nelsson, Samu, Hendel, Fry

Surprise: Daka super striker bought for 7 million. Araujo the same on the right

Jolly: Rabiot and Sesko helped me a lot with their physic

Genius: Edwards, Almada, Shoretire they see spaces that other players can’t see

Legend: Fry, always improving from the Championship to the Champions league, solid CB

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Is there a way to stop these cnuts missing so many 1v1s? Absolutely infuriating to watch chance after chance go begging.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
What's the mobile phone version of the game like? Worth a buy? Can you do network games with friends over it?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What's the mobile phone version of the game like? Worth a buy? Can you do network games with friends over it?
Well worth a buy if you ask me.

Like FM09, plenty of depth but allows you to get through a season relatively quickly.
Match engine is really good too.

Can't do network games though, which is disappointing.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
Well worth a buy if you ask me.

Like FM09, plenty of depth but allows you to get through a season relatively quickly.
Match engine is really good too.

Can't do network games though, which is disappointing.
Think I'll give it a buy at the price it goes for. Can't be any worse than fifa manager mode can it lol!

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
Premier League Manager 98 and buying Hadji and Thuram used to be boss.
Championship Manager 01/02 with a load of mates crammed round a desktop used to be ace too. Loved playing as Chelsea back then before they had their money, was always a great challenge.

About time I got back into a FM game. Last one I played was when Stephen Ayodele Makinwa at Lazio used to be boss and Kim Kallstrom was a wonder kid.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
In three consecutive seasons I've noticed the same issue but with different positions. Example - Madrid need a RW. They offer for my first choice. I reject it. They then bid for my second choice instead. Next season Barca need a LB. They offer for my first choice. I reject it. They then bid for my second choice instead. You get the point.

Santos J

In three consecutive seasons I've noticed the same issue but with different positions. Example - Madrid need a RW. They offer for my first choice. I reject it. They then bid for my second choice instead. Next season Barca need a LB. They offer for my first choice. I reject it. They then bid for my second choice instead. You get the point.
Quite realistic tbf, it's how we ended up with Martinez. :lol:

NoLogo

:lol: :nervous:

Unrelated to that topic but still funny, I recently fired FM back up since I was bored with no football. I started another Manchester United save, and I'm currently in my third season and have an insane team now, but I had loads of insane teams before and something like this never happened in any of my games.

And that wasn't a friendly, it was a group stage game of the CL. :houllier:

Poor Rangers, also beat them 6-0 at their turf because Haaland only scored a hat trick. :D

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
:lol: It’s silly. Happening once is fine but consecutively is just stupid. It also happened right before a CL knockout against Inter but a different way. Oh, you’re playing us next? Why don’t we big on 4 of your players to try and unsettle them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
:lol: :nervous:

Unrelated to that topic but still funny, I recently fired FM back up since I was bored with no football. I started another Manchester United save, and I'm currently in my third season and have an insane team now, but I had loads of insane teams before and something like this never happened in any of my games.

And that wasn't a friendly, it was a group stage game of the CL. :houllier:

Poor Rangers, also beat them 6-0 at their turf because Haaland only scored a hat trick. :D
Haaland is a joke on this game. I did a transfer update in my Everton rebuild save and he’s regularly scoring 30+ PL goals a season for City. Scored 45 in one of them.

NoLogo

Haaland is a joke on this game. I did a transfer update in my Everton rebuild save and he’s regularly scoring 30+ PL goals a season for City. Scored 45 in one of them.
Yeah, he really is too good for some reason, I bought him in my second season, my database doesn't have the City transfer arranged yet. He scored 36 league, 19 CL and 65 overall goals for me in all competitions. On top of that he also scored 25 goals for his country that season. Complete insanity. :houllier:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah, he really is too good for some reason, I bought him in my second season, my database doesn't have the City transfer arranged yet. He scored 36 league, 19 CL and 65 overall goals for me in all competitions. On top of that he also scored 25 goals for his country that season. Complete insanity. :houllier:
:lol: Yeah. I managed 65 out of him at PSG too. He scored something like 50 goals in 30 league games.

Traub

Haven’t played FM properly for about 15 years. Downloaded this… wtf is going on? It’s hopelessly bloated and way too complicated for the more simple minded people like me :lol:

saik

Haven’t played FM properly for about 15 years. Downloaded this… wtf is going on? It’s hopelessly bloated and way too complicated for the more simple minded people like me :lol:
Yea they have added a lot of useless features which nobody asked. You can use the Help section, they usually do a good job of navigating through all the new "features" they added. Saying that I just delegate them all to my staff. Press conferences, trainings, board meetings, recruitment meetings, staff meetings, fecking lots of annoying meetings which don't really add any kind of value to the game in my opinion.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I know it's been talked to death, and has been an issue for years, but the stupid amount of 1v1 misses really hampers enjoyment. Last game I had 7 (seven!) 1v1 opportunities. 3 missed the target completely and 4 were saved. I get it, they are making up for lazy coding in the match engine by coding in the misses to keep scores down, but this has been a years long issue. Add it to the list of things that just never get fixed.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So this was a pleasant surprise. Can' say I have ever seen this before. Golden generation?

Carl

Touch is the version you need. Miles better than the full fat one.

Carl

So this was a pleasant surprise. Can' say I have ever seen this before. Golden generation?

I get that regularly, the regularly get noone with a PA better than 3.5 stars.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

It is broken. I get through messages like this and they are for 1 star players with 3 star potential. “Could be as good as Brahim Diaz”, who is sitting in the first team on 4 stars.

On top of being broken, it is all based on your own team rating, so if you team has some poor players getting games, the young players are given much higher star ratings than they should.

I think the whole thing needs a revamp. It will be interesting to see how many of those players are actually useful.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It is broken. I get through messages like this and they are for 1 star players with 3 star potential. “Could be as good as Brahim Diaz”, who is sitting in the first team on 4 stars.

On top of being broken, it is all based on your own team rating, so if you team has some poor players getting games, the young players are given much higher star ratings than they should.

I think the whole thing needs a revamp. It will be interesting to see how many of those players are actually useful.
I’ll do a check on Genie Scout and report back. It’s going to feel icky as this is my “no tools” save, but why not.

saik

I’ll do a check on Genie Scout and report back. It’s going to feel icky as this is my “no tools” save, but why not.
Please don't. You are only bound to get even more disappointed like others have said. It's relative to your squad, so if you are a club in say Vanarama National, they will only be good enough for League 2. More often than not those golden generations are a disappointment.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I would be genuinely interested in seeing how many of them are actual quality. My guess would be one. Report back!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Please don't. You are only bound to get even more disappointed like others have said. It's relative to your squad, so if you are a club in say Vanarama National, they will only be good enough for League 2. More often than not those golden generations are a disappointment.
Thanks, but I went ahead and did it as I am likely to abandon this save anyways.
I would be genuinely interested in seeing how many of them are actual quality. My guess would be one. Report back!
Here you go. Not too bad actually. I am playing as Leeds so pretty good academy set up. The top 4 should all be usable.

saik

Thanks, but I went ahead and did it as I am likely to abandon this save anyways.

Here you go. Not too bad actually. I am playing as Leeds so pretty good academy set up. The top 4 should all be usable.
That's really not too bad actually! Depending on their mentals, those 150+ PA guys can be very good players.

saik

This guy could potentially be a star

This one is more meh.

That goalkeeper has a higher vision than that other guy who is literally a playmaking midfielder. :lol::lol: Don't know why but seems like in this year's version goalkeepers tend to have high vision stat.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Anyone know how gold glove award is calculated? The both played 38 league games, both had 22 clean sheets, but Meslier conceded one fewer goal, and lost. Oh, and I finished top of the league over Liverpool, so even if team position mattered it would be in my guys favor. Is it simply a matter of player/team reputation?

Uniquim

Started a save with United in the 2022 summer, with all the real-life transfers and expiring contracts updated, and decided to have a bit of a rebuild. :lol:

Was able to sell players for £132m, but pretty much every purchase had instalments over three year, so it's the last summer with money for a while.
Worst thing is, signing Cuadrado on a free was the best bit of business I did. He's scored 7 goals in 5 games!

saik

Started a save with United in the 2022 summer, with all the real-life transfers and expiring contracts updated, and decided to have a bit of a rebuild. :lol:

Was able to sell players for £132m, but pretty much every purchase had instalments over three year, so it's the last summer with money for a while.
Worst thing is, signing Cuadrado on a free was the best bit of business I did. He's scored 7 goals in 5 games!
Interested to see who all did you get. I don't think you need anyone for the attacking roles? Rashford, Bruno and Sancho are all ridiculous in the game while Diallo, Garnacho and Hansen-Aaroen develop quite well to be good squad players.

Uniquim

Interested to see who all did you get. I don't think you need anyone for the attacking roles? Rashford, Bruno and Sancho are all ridiculous in the game while Diallo, Garnacho and Hansen-Aaroen develop quite well to be good squad players.
(All of the highlighted ones are signings for the youth teams. Signed a lot of them late on to balance out the teams.)

Spent a long, long time scouting players. Especially midfielders. Had accepted bids for 8 midfielders, and had to do the maths on which ones made the most sense.
Tomori haven't been great so far, but hopefully will improve.

Team didn't score in the first couple of games. Martial & Martial was gone, Rashford was better at LW. Tried to get someone else in cheaper, but ended up spending big on Osimhen. He's been pretty good so far.

Also, was planning on having Cuadrado as a RB, but he's been amazing at RW (Sancho injury), which is the reason behind the late Dest signing.

Worth noting that the McTominay loan includes an obligation to buy for £20m if Arsenal gets in to the Europa League.

Also here is Cuadrado's stats so far. 34-year old free transfer.

saik

(All of the highlighted ones are signings for the youth teams. Signed a lot of them late on to balance out the teams.)

Spent a long, long time scouting players. Especially midfielders. Had accepted bids for 8 midfielders, and had to do the maths on which ones made the most sense.
Tomori haven't been great so far, but hopefully will improve.

Team didn't score in the first couple of games. Martial & Martial was gone, Rashford was better at LW. Tried to get someone else in cheaper, but ended up spending big on Osimhen. He's been pretty good so far.

Also, was planning on having Cuadrado as a RB, but he's been amazing at RW (Sancho injury), which is the reason behind the late Dest signing.

Worth noting that the McTominay loan includes an obligation to buy for £20m if Arsenal gets in to the Europa League.

Also here is Cuadrado's stats so far. 34-year old free transfer.
Holy shit! Looks like you have gone for full blown rebuild! :lol: You could have gotten more for some of the youth players that you have sold if you've waited for couple of years and Dest is not an improvement over Dalot(atleast in the game anyways they both are rated equally) but lots of great transfers in there.

Sad that Newcastle weren't in for any of the players. This is one of my pet peeves with the game. If the AI was managing Utd, Newcastle would be in for McT for like 40m like they did in my save, but since a human is managing the best you could do was a loan.

Uniquim

Holy shit! Looks like you have gone for full blown rebuild! :lol: You could have gotten more for some of the youth players that you have sold if you've waited for couple of years and Dest is not an improvement over Dalot(atleast in the game anyways they both are rated equally) but lots of great transfers in there.

Sad that Newcastle weren't in for any of the players. This is one of my pet peeves with the game. If the AI was managing Utd, Newcastle would be in for McT for like 40m like they did in my save, but since a human is managing the best you could do was a loan.
I might've gone a little bit overboard yeah :lol:

Yeah, I wanted Pembélé for RB, but I had already signed too many U21 foreign players, so I couldn't complete the transfer. So within the limited money left at the end, Dest was the one that made sense. Would probably be just as good off with keeping Dalot as you say. He can play on the left side as well, although I'm stacked for LBs now. Also, Tomori actually have a better rating at RB than Wan-Bissaka does.

Did try to sign Moises Caicedo for the midfield, but he wasn't interested in joining, and ended up going on loan back to Independiente del Valle. Makes no sense to me. Also had an accepted offer & contract with Ndidi, but he was quite a lot pricier, so ended up going for Barrios instead, who's doing a decent jobb at anchoring.

Actually Newcastle did come in for McTominay, at least I think it was Newcastle. They offered £25m, but McTominay turned down the contract :(, and they were never interested again. Seeing as I have like 200-250m of future transfer budges tied up in instalments now (I'm like Barcelona), that 20m extra will probably come in handy next summer.

Surprised no one at all wanted to bid for Wan-Bissaka though, same with Tahith Chong.

diarm

Anyone know how gold glove award is calculated? The both played 38 league games, both had 22 clean sheets, but Meslier conceded one fewer goal, and lost. Oh, and I finished top of the league over Liverpool, so even if team position mattered it would be in my guys favor. Is it simply a matter of player/team reputation?

This would drive me bananas. Higher average rating, fewer goals conceded and higher league finish. How in the feck has he not won it? Did he have a terrible disciplinary record or something?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

from Wikipedia it should be shared. Before 2013-14 the player with the best clean sheet to games played ratio would win, but they removed that and said that it should be shared. Perhaps FM hasn’t removed that rule.