g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Football Manager 2024

MattofManchester

Seems the issues that plagued it in Beta are still prevalent in full release.

Not really sure what the point of the Beta was then other than to act as bait.

MattofManchester

Which issues specifically?
Namely Player Happiness still being a bit of a mess over team depth and Team Talks resetting to default. I don't think there's much more than that to say, as it's only been a couple hours, but this looked pretty problematic in beta, which is why I was waiting for full release. Squad building will likely take time to assess.

I'll try it out myself now, but my optimism is decreasing.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What’s the team talk bug? I see people over at siforums raging that it wasn’t fixed

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Are we sure there were any gameplay adjustments? Without patch notes it may just have been some release-related stuff.

Woodzy

Can’t see how anyone finds this playable on Xbox. It’s a mess imo. I couldn’t even get as far as a game before it stressed me out.

Nickosaur

Best sources for the real face pack, kits, crests, club names etc? Are they available now or does it take a couple weeks for people to build them?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Best sources for the real face pack, kits, crests, club names etc? Are they available now or does it take a couple weeks for people to build them?
Don’t really bother with kits but faces and badges etc. they will be out. They don’t really change much and I suspect most will just move them from the last years game folder. Sortitoutsi or FMScout will have them though.

Lay

Some kits are out. I’ve used them for FM21.
I think most leagues were done but just not all the way down the various leagues

MattofManchester

I just copied my graphics files from FM22 for logos, etc. For the namefix, I used a file, but it removes nicknames, etc, which is a bit of a pet peeve. Since editor is not out on Gamepass yet, best I could do.

MDFC Manager

I just copied my graphics files from FM22 for logos, etc. For the namefix, I used a file, but it removes nicknames, etc, which is a bit of a pet peeve. Since editor is not out on Gamepass yet, best I could do.
Editor will have to be paid for additionally on gamepass? I haven't played FM in many years.

Lay

J League still has some licensing issues apparently. :(

Looks like I’ll wait to buy this as it was the main reason I was getting it. This is where the annoyance comes from, why can’t they just mention it rather than let the customer find out by themselves?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Apparently there is a big issue with Spanish release clauses, has been in the beta, and still not sorted.

Players want really low buyout clauses and clubs accepting them. Endrick was 8m.

How is this stuff that was known before full release, not fixed on release. I cant bring myself to start a game like this

Asger

Haha. Ingame editor can not remove Greenwood unhappiness!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
J League still has some licensing issues apparently. :(

Looks like I’ll wait to buy this as it was the main reason I was getting it. This is where the annoyance comes from, why can’t they just mention it rather than let the customer find out by themselves?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Started my journeyman save. Seems a bit easier than last year to get a job instantly with everything on the lowest level. Now the proud manager of Black Leopards football club in the South African National First Division.

Lay

Thanks but that database has unfortunate errors despite the hard work from the community. I guess I'll wait for SI to sort it out themselves. I noticed they changed the wording of the J League from "fully licensed" to "debut of the J League". Amateur hour over at SI.

That and the substitution bug needs a fix though, they are aware of it at least.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That's really sad. Overall the beta was pretty good and the promises were exciting but they've fumbled so many of them. This is the type of stuff that frustrates people and I really don't know how people defend them for it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The fact that the player base can get fixes out for problems before SI can says it all really.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Apparently there is a big issue with Spanish release clauses, has been in the beta, and still not sorted.

Players want really low buyout clauses and clubs accepting them. Endrick was 8m.

How is this stuff that was known before full release, not fixed on release. I cant bring myself to start a game like this
The beta isn't really a peoper beta though. It's so close to the actual release that it's essentially just early access.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Honestly he's such a melt.

Football managers also don't hire scouts, DoF, request stadium expansions, etc..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's really sad. Overall the beta was pretty good and the promises were exciting but they've fumbled so many of them. This is the type of stuff that frustrates people and I really don't know how people defend them for it.
At the very least tag Miles when you are talking about his work. @Berbaclass

Lay

Football managers don't edit away kits.

But they can edit finances and facilities though

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Him thinking that the correct way to respond to this sincere fan message was to be completely fecking odious about it probably goes some way to explaining why the in game interaction system is the way it is.

MattofManchester

Honestly he's such a melt.

Football managers also don't hire scouts, DoF, request stadium expansions, etc..
Football managers also don't paint their faces or wear eyepatches as if they're part of the latest circus show, but here we are.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You can always just pull them from last year's or the previous years. Though the main facepack excludes United faces so I had to get some other action face pack that included United

cj_sparky

I thought I'd start with Dover and selected transfers to happen as they did in the real world, like with my United beta.

Dover only have 9 players, 6 in the first team and 3 in the 18's. They have 15 deals arranged, but4 players join then leave and two of those sign/leave on the same day :lol:

Trialists for friendlies it is.

Lay

They can't fully license the league by the looks of it. They only have a certain date they can go up to, so a lot of transfers (Juan Mata for example) won't be in the game. I don't mind that but don't advertise it as a headline feature and then fail to deliver it.

Herman Toothrot

Him thinking that the correct way to respond to this sincere fan message was to be completely fecking odious about it probably goes some way to explaining why the in game interaction system is the way it is.
Football Managers don't get asked about the form of a 17-year-old who's out on loan in their Champions League Final press release, but they do in Football Manager.