g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Football Manager 2024

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wonder why no football manager has ever went to a 12 month holiday?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Miles would probably remove all of the features people are mocking him about managers not doing our of spite for the next game but thankfully as they're so useless they'll still be fully functional.

MDFC Manager

Downloading this on game pass now. Not played it in nearly a decade, so let's see how this goes!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
From SIforums

• GK injuries - we're working on some tweaks to reduce them down a bit. Just for GKs, the overall injury balance is looking good.
  • Subs - I know the team are working on this one as well, but anything to do with team selection such as rotation, subs etc. takes a hell of a lot of fine-tuning, balancing etc. I know it's painful sometimes waiting for improvements but the more time we get the better changes we can make. Rushing these things can often make things worse and we've really tried to move away from these rushed fishes with the match engine in recent years.
  • Rotation - Similar to subs, the team are working on it and there's a bunch of improvements in theworks.
Fixes are coming and apologies for the wait, but all the feedback has really been invaluable so keep it coming please with save games and PKM examples.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I bought it from CD keys for cheap so don't think I can get it refunded but I'm not touching it til I see they've at the very least fixed some of the shit people have flagged with them.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
From SIforums

• GK injuries - we're working on some tweaks to reduce them down a bit. Just for GKs, the overall injury balance is looking good.
  • Subs - I know the team are working on this one as well, but anything to do with team selection such as rotation, subs etc. takes a hell of a lot of fine-tuning, balancing etc. I know it's painful sometimes waiting for improvements but the more time we get the better changes we can make. Rushing these things can often make things worse and we've really tried to move away from these rushed fishes with the match engine in recent years.
  • Rotation - Similar to subs, the team are working on it and there's a bunch of improvements in theworks.
Fixes are coming and apologies for the wait, but all the feedback has really been invaluable so keep it coming please with save games and PKM examples.
Fair enough, I've notice the non-rotation myself.

Berbaclass

I like to think so. It allows more changes than the official one and it also means less money goes to those scabs.
You accuse me of being biased but you just seem biased the other way :lol:

I've never used FMRTE what can it do that the official one can't?

Berbaclass

They can't fully license the league by the looks of it. They only have a certain date they can go up to, so a lot of transfers (Juan Mata for example) won't be in the game. I don't mind that but don't advertise it as a headline feature and then fail to deliver it.
I doubt it was intended like that, that would open them up to legal trouble.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You accuse me of being biased but you just seem biased the other way :lol:

I've never used FMRTE what can it do that the official one can't?
My bias is based on them literally lying multiple editions in a row. I do think they're money grabbers yeah.

The game at it's core/conceptually is still fantastic but it could be so much more.

FMRTE is what it says really, a real time editor. You can change league positions if you want to. Change the reps of each league, country, etc..., there's a create wonderkid feature I think from memory, you can edit your stadium details down to the seating. It's more of a mass editor for big changes.

JPRouve

Scout
FMRTE can change nearly every data.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ahh okay, sorry I obviously just don't cheat as much as you guys :wenger:
Can’t remember why but I also found it way more effective in fixing the broken morale when your player gets pissed you didn’t give him a new contract 6 months after he just signed one and the whole squad revolts.

Berbaclass

What are you talking about? Why are you trying to be snide for some reason?

I don't feel the need to edit the league positions or morale or anything like that so I've never actively sought it out. I just play the game.

JPRouve

Scout
What are you talking about? Why are you trying to be snide for some reason?

I don't feel the need to edit the league positions or morale or anything like that so I've never actively sought it out. I just play the game.
You are too easy. :lol:

saik

Or paint their face with war paint.
Football managers also don't paint their faces or wear eyepatches as if they're part of the latest circus show, but here we are.
Honestly wish you guys replied with this to Miles' tweet. Would have loved to see his response. He's always snide with his responses when it suits him but yet we have this kind of ridiculous stuff in game. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Honestly wish you guys replied with this to Miles' tweet. Would have loved to see his response. He's always snide with his responses when it suits him but yet we have this kind of ridiculous stuff in game. :lol:
He would just ignore it or block you if you did tbf. He's a cnut.

saik

He would just ignore it or block you if you did tbf. He's a cnut.
Yea. I can understand the hearing aids stuff just to appease to those people who actually use them in real life but the face paint and eye patches are fecking ridiculous.

I remember him doing an AMA in Reddit years ago and he was the same back then. I don't think he's done AMA again since. You'd think the general public reaction would change him a bit but nope.

Lay

Regarding the real life editor, I don't get how anyone can play a long term save and not use it. Why would you let the AI do transfers for themselves? The game becomes ridiculously easy after a few years even with setting restrictions on yourself.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I replied to him earlier calling him a fraud.

Berbaclass

Regarding the real life editor, I don't get how anyone can play a long term save and not use it. Why would you let the AI do transfers for themselves? The game becomes ridiculously easy after a few years even with setting restrictions on yourself.
Which game doesn’t if you play it to death?

Lay

Which game doesn’t if you play it to death?
Which isn't really the point. The AI isn't good enough which might be the same for every other game, but thankfully real time editors can increase the difficulty. Maybe I'm weird but I find it boring winning the league every year so I turn to the editor to make all my competitors stronger. This is where FMRTE is better as I have in the past purposely given a rival more points so I can have motivation to beat them the next season :lol: Otherwise I would play up to 5 seasons and quit.

Berbaclass

Which isn't really the point. The AI isn't good enough which might be the same for every other game, but thankfully real time editors can increase the difficulty. Maybe I'm weird but I find it boring winning the league every year so I turn to the editor to make all my competitors stronger. This is where FMRTE is better as I have in the past purposely given a rival more points so I can have motivation to beat them the next season :lol: Otherwise I would play up to 5 seasons and quit.
You play however you like to.

CallyRed

You play however you like to.
When I played it back in the day, I used to play multiplayer and manage two teams. I would pay stupid amounts for the shite players of my main team, the Scott McTominays if you like, end up spunking my transfer budget then retire.
I would then have a healthy transfer budget for my other team.

BarstoolProphet

Contemplating trying this game again, but can't stand seeing Man UFC, Zebre etc. Is there easy recipe for a "newbie" like me which easily explains how to add logos, facepacks, kits and most importanly, namefix for the clubs mentioned?