Gaming Football Manager 2024

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Not sure it always works. Or they build something pathetically small. There's also no dynamic ratings for countries, and rep doesn't grow fast enough for them or clubs.
I thought they were supposed to have introduced dynamic ratings for countries in the last couple of versions?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought they were supposed to have introduced dynamic ratings for countries in the last couple of versions?
I think people looked into it and it was basically bollocks.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
FM 25 should be absolutely superb with these new additions and the new engine.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don’t really get this. It’s pretty much the same core game. If you enjoy that you always will enjoy it surely?
Not really. They started making the core game worse by introducing a broken promises system and not fixing it for multiple years. Newgen faces have actively gotten worse over the years. Things that used to take one or two clicks suddenly take 3 or 4 screens to get through. Pointless stuff added, etc…. Certain broken stuff that went unfixed ruined the immersion for me.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t really get this. It’s pretty much the same core game. If you enjoy that you always will enjoy it surely?
Nah I thought the last good game was FM21. They’ve had some terrible releases, FM22 decided to break inside forwards and it took them until FM23 to fix them (though not as well as they could have).

If we go back a decade, FM13 was a dumpster fire of a game considering FM12 was great, especially the UI which I really miss as it didn’t have unnecessary extra clicks.

FM13 broke me after it took them half a year to figure out how to increase chances. Games would regularly end with 2-3 shots per team :lol:

I also miss some features where you could rile up managers from other leagues for no reason :lol:

PSV

I usually buy every other edition just to ensure there's enough new features. My last one was the 22 one so excited for this.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I'm always hopeful they'll actually fix things but I'll have to see it before I believe it. They always seem to hype stuff that doesn't do much to the experience.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Not really. They started making the core game worse by introducing a broken promises system and not fixing it for multiple years. Newgen faces have actively gotten worse over the years. Things that used to take one or two clicks suddenly take 3 or 4 screens to get through. Pointless stuff added, etc…. Certain broken stuff that went unfixed ruined the immersion for me.
Most of that isn’t the core game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Most of that isn’t the core game.
Really because my main goalkeeper getting mad at me for not strengthening the goalkeeping department despite him being the signing to do just that, kind of breaks the game for me. So that feels pretty core. The little things all add up and take you out of the immersion.

Regardless of what you define as core. A lot of people hated what they put out last year. It was lazy and they even admitted themselves it wasn’t what they would’ve wanted to release.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Really because my main goalkeeper getting mad at me for not strengthening the goalkeeping department despite him being the signing to do just that, kind of breaks the game for me. So that feels pretty core. The little things all add up and take you out of the immersion.

Regardless of what you define as core. A lot of people hated what they put out last year. It was lazy and they even admitted themselves it wasn’t what they would’ve wanted to release.
Promises and all that stuff you don’t even need to do or engage with really so I don’t think they are the core game.

I don’t disagree with that but the core game was still good and immensely playable/enjoyable.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I agree with @Solius - fm23 was rubbish and they kind of admitted themselves that it wasn't great.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I just remembered this gem. It's from 1996. Ultimate Soccer Manager 2.

It maybe has a fraction of fm's database, the match engine maybe a joke but the graphics and presentation have lots of heart. Building/upgrading the stadium and the surrounding area was always fun. I've always wanted FM to do something similar, just add some flavour to the endless spreadsheet mess.

I think you could even try and rig a match in this, if I remember right. What a great game.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

It maybe has a fraction of fm's database, the match engine maybe a joke but the graphics and presentation have lots of heart. Building/upgrading the stadium and the surrounding area was always fun. I've always wanted FM to do something similar, just add some flavour to the endless spreadsheet mess.

I think you could even try and rig a match in this, if I remember right. What a great game.
absolutely loved this game. And yes. You could offer bungs to referees etc

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Some promising looking features, if they can actually implement them properly. A lot of times I ultimately find them gimmicks that don't actually have an impact. The whole promise system, happiness and all that ... I don't think I ever noticed any changes in terms of results or performances from a player if I just tell them to feck off and reject all transfer requests? Sure they might eventually leave on a free but I've never actually run into a situation where my best player who wants to leave suddenly starts just playing badly or causing my team to lose form due to them causing problems.

Or the promise to sell if fee comes in and then they keep complaining every month with a new fee request, wildly different every time.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Loved this game. Building the stadium was great fun, I would jam in as many roads and shops as I could until I ran out of space. And to find out the scores and league tables, you had to read it on Teletext for some reason.

I remember you could try to rig games, but I never did it successfully.

Then you had to go see this nerd for some transfer cash

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That match engine still looks like the players are running on ice.

Just never looks fluid,