Gaming Football Manager 2024

MattofManchester

Hoping to see that the torrid transfer system is fixed in 24,and players don't ask for new contracts every 6 months.

Only one month till this releases. Might cough up for this, against my better judgment.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Hoping to see that the torrid transfer system is fixed in 24,and players don't ask for new contracts every 6 months.

Only one month till this releases. Might cough up for this, against my better judgment.
It really would be nice to be able to sell a player, wouldn't it?

saik

Not sure where they revealed this but apparently these are some of the quality of life improvements.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Face paint :houllier:

Kinda meh stuff this week but overall I think it sounds promising.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Beat you to it @Berbaclass
How useful will that actually be though? :lol: Or how realistic will they make it. If you get the best set piece coach on the game will you score of like nearly every set piece. Or will you still never score on set pieces like us in real life after bringing one in.

How useful will that actually be though? :lol: Or how realistic will they make it. If you get the best set piece coach on the game will you score of like nearly every set piece. Or will you still never score on set pieces like us in real life after bringing one in.
They've revamped set pieces. Seems coaches will help a lot define your which style you prefer.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Not sure where they revealed this but apparently these are some of the quality of life improvements.
What an earth does that improve? :lol: You never actually see your character anyway. Imagine ETH or guardiola being on the touchline with face paint on:lol: that’s more unrealistic

saik

What an earth does that improve? :lol: You never actually see your character anyway. Imagine ETH or guardiola being on the touchline with face paint on:lol: that’s more unrealistic
I agree. It's as pointless as them adding ring and watches last year around.

Probably adding these things in preparation for FM25 where there should be a graphical improvement? That's the only positive spin I can put on it. But still face paints is fecking ridiculous.

MattofManchester

Kinda why I'm skeptical of SI these days. Every year, Miles continues to assume these are the changes people want to see. I say Miles, because it's clear SI don't move an inch unless he gives the okay, and their forum has noted before he's not exactly open to ideas.
War paint, the completely useless "gestures" feature, more mundane press conferences. Meanwhile, club vision has been iffy, contracts and transfers a broken system for several editions now, player interaction is strange. This excludes the strange behaviours of the Match Engine.

I dunno about others, but frankly other than the main screen loading up the game, I don't even see my own character. Nor would it make sense to have a manager to put war paint on their face. Imagine Pep and Klopp going into a game, covering their whole faces in various colours and showing dominance with gorilla poses.

Upper management of SI has been a bit dinosaur-like since forever. Feel like they need fresh blood to get fans excited, because the "features" they keep including have not been worth it for some time now.

FM isn't exactly a game where fan expectation is high. People just want it to work as it should. And see natural progression in the development of the game to justify the yearly price tag. Somehow, it still feels disappointing.

roseguy64

TBF it's not like these were announced as a major feature. That's why they're stuck in a blog and not with some big production.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
PLAYER SWAP DEALS
When you’re in the middle of transfer negotiations and you’re looking to add a player to exchange, you are now able to select someone from a dropdown menu rather than needing to navigate to another screen and manually adding them from there by right-clicking.
Now this is a quality of life upgrade.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Tuesday December 12th. 19:52, Old Trafford.

The flood lights go out, confusion ... Panic .. but wait ...

Eric ten Hag sprints out of the tunnel in full Ultimate Warrior regalia, runs down to the east stand, bounces off the net, sprints the full length of the pitch towards the stretty and clotheslines Harry Kane's jaw into a human configuration.

Press slam, splash.

Ref counts 3, sends off ten Hag and Onana still manages to concede from a ball that deflects in off of Harry Kane's unconscious head. United are out of the Champions League.

I am here for it.

saik

Eric ten Hag sprints out of the tunnel in full Ultimate Warrior regalia, runs down to the east stand, bounces off the net, sprints the full length of the pitch towards the stretty and clotheslines Harry Kane's jaw into a human configuration.

Press slam, splash.

Ref counts 3, sends off ten Hag and Onana still manages to concede from a ball that deflects in off of Harry Kane's unconscious head. United are out of the Champions League.

I am here for it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Press slam, splash.

I am here for it.
The half time teamtalk would only be about 5% more coked up than Pep usually is anyway.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can never bring myself to get the beta because I can't play without the pre game editor. I do plan to purchase this year though, as they have seemingly done enough this year to warrant purchasing it

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I can never bring myself to get the beta because I can't play without the pre game editor. I do plan to purchase this year though, as they have seemingly done enough this year to warrant purchasing it
Yeah me neither. I’m not starting a game until I’ve got the skin, player photos, badges, real name fix, etc.. either.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Veiled attempt at saying “I don’t play until I can cheat” :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Wow, they have introduced some set piece creators,
which looks no where near as in depth as Championship Manager 2010, which still has the best set piece creator in the history of management games.

Herman Toothrot

I’ve historically used the editor to fix the broken promises system or players asking for contracts every 6 months.
I use it when I get bored after three or four seasons to tank Liverpool. I like going into their youth team, picking out their worst prospects and giving them 10-year contracts on 200k which increase each season by 50%. Quite nice to move some of their best players on several-season-long loans to clubs in the far-flung leagues of the world too.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Who are people going to manage on the beta?

I think I might do Bayern and maybe a South American team.