Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

Ole90+3

On bolivar -1.5 tomorrow @2.2. If you can get -1 asian then it’s a pretty big bet.

will write reasoning later on.
Interesting. -1.5 has dropped from 1.95 to 1.68 on marathonbet but still can be got at 2.1 on Skybet and 2.0 at Paddypower. I've been banned from Skybet so going to use my power boost on Paddypower to get it up to 2.1 and still 2 units on it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Not having/had much today. Jumped on Partizan in play when I saw they were on.

Done a little acca for tonight which is
Barca -1.5
Familicao/Brags O2.5
Wolves/Pool O1.5
Gent/Brugge O1.5

@ 4.72

Will be saving my money for tomorrow though with City at home to Gladbach. I think it's a mismatch at present and City -1.5 @ 1.75 is excellent value IMO. City rested a few players at the weekend and BMG have been consistently poor for a little while, 6 losses in a row and no win in 8 games. I think they will coast past them 3-0/4-0.

Berbaclass

On bolivar -1.5 tomorrow @2.2. If you can get -1 asian then it’s a pretty big bet.

I've got Bolivar as better team on a neutral venue so probably -2 fair with the altitude. They've made some really good signings this year. signed a Girona regular, looks really good for CM. Only negative is Riquelme is gone who wasn't very good at football but incredibly good at heading at altitude. He would basically hit rocket headers from anywhere in the box but new strikers are way better ability wise. Sadiku should be levels above everyone, was a starter for Malaga last season and scored a decent amount of goals for them. Only negative is that he will take a while to get used to the altitude and the speed of the ball at home. Wanderers won 1-0 in reverse game which was probably a fair result. Their defending wasn't great though, they'll try and park bus tomorrow but don't think they are good enough. Will struggle to deal with the crosses I think. Bolivar will at least win, pretty sure it'll be by 2 as it goes straight to pens if 1-0 and obviously out on away goals goals if 2-1 etc. Wanderers will be playing for penalties as they know it's very unlikely they hold them to 0-0. If it was a little later in season and the new signings had all acclimatised then I'd have -1.5 as a big bet too.

Think a double of Bolivar win and Indep Del Valle @ 1.8 is good too.
Just been reading that Montevideo has a lot of players (10 I think) missing through Covid too.

Managed to get on this not long after your post when it was still a decent enough price on Marathon but they limit the shit out of me, unfortunately.

Thanks for the heads up once again!

Berbaclass

I've had a punt on Jota over 2.5 shots @ 1.91

Think he'll be trying to impress on his return to Wolves.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Just been reading that Montevideo has a lot of players (10 I think) missing through Covid too.

Managed to get on this not long after your post when it was still a decent enough price on Marathon but they limit the shit out of me, unfortunately.

Thanks for the heads up once again!
Didn’t realise they had covid, cheers for the info! Didn’t have time to look into it properly, just checked Bolivar to make sure they didn’t have any random play Kees missing. I seen a couple other teams have covid too, will have a proper look tonight and see if there’s any other covid based bets. Looks like 5 starters or so out. Does explain why the odds dropped so quick. Probably have -2.25 or -2.5 fair with those missings. Will look into the missing players properly tonight. Wouldn’t be surprised if they get a few more with positive tests tomorrow if there are further tests.

Jack-C20

Anyone on here got a mate who’s Uncle knows a bloke who works as barman who, whilst working overheard a dead cert for Cheltenham?

No idea with horse racing but always put a couple of bets on as it’s quite exciting watching the races.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Barcelona to win both halves
Wolves under 2.5 goals
Tampa -1,5
@5.20

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Well I don't think the lightning are winning today .....
Huge win for Nashville. Their goalie Rinne has had a great game so far and Tampa’s trying but not enough today.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Huge win for Nashville. Their goalie Rinne has had a great game so far and Tampa’s trying but not enough today.
Seriously what a weird game . Nashville have scored such soft goals and their keeper has saved everything

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Seriously what a weird game . Nashville have scored such soft goals and their keeper has saved everything
Yeah and Hedman got denied on the goal line for Tampa in first period was significant for the game. It just wasn’t meant to be for Tampa tonight that were 5-0 against Nashville this season until today.

looking forward to the Bruins - Penguins game now

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Happy Cheltenham everybody!!!

2 bets for me today - 1.55 Shishkin 1/2 / 3.40 Concertista 11/8 double and 4.40 Remastered 6/1 ( would maybe do that EW as I think it’s a brilliant EW bet.

whatever your on hope your lucky and let’s smash the bookies.

forgot I’ve Goshen in the champion 7/2.

Last edited:

muller

Happy Cheltenham everybody!!!

2 bets for me today - 1.55 Shishkin 1/2 / 3.40 Concertista 11/8 double and 4.40 Remastered 6/1 ( would maybe do that EW as I think it’s a brilliant EW bet.

whatever your on hope your lucky and let’s smash the bookies.
Good luck mate. I’ve put about £30 of random bets and small accas to remain interested throughout the day.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Cheltenham Eve Eve......

Some value bets as the main fancies the prices are away

Champion hurdle, Goshen (10/3) - owes me big time for last year, i know he has to give honeysuckle and Epante 7lbs but think he’s the best horse in the race, way he won at wincanton, I’ve also had a decent bet on Epante after fighting 5th, if honeysuckle wins fair play.

National hunt, Remastered (9/1), cracking EW bet, made all at Ascot, good jumper

Coral cup, got 3 in the race,
Thomas Darby (14/1) - top weights have decent record in this, good Cheltenham form and last year demolished song for someone giving him 7lb, only up 2lb higher

Botox has (11/1) - again very good Cheltenham form beat allmankind over hurdles and has been trained for this race

Monte Cristo (12/1) - hasn’t ran since st Stephen’s day were he won by 7l so will be fresh, gone up 12lbs but think he deserves it.

Ballymore hurdle, Bravemansgame (3/1) - Really impressive when he beat Star Gate at Newbury and Paul Nichols compared him with Denman so that’s good enough for me.

Grand Annual, Zanza (8/1) - last time out going easily fell 3 out at Cheltenham, I think would’ve won, not run since been kept on same mark 144, winner Sky Pirate has gone up 18lbs and 2nd ibleo gone up 17lbs and zanza been trained for this really think got decent chance.

Champion Bumper, Sir Gerhard (15/8) - unbeaten in 3 starts, I know Kilcruit win was visually impressive but just think at race at leopardstown fell apart, three stripe life is a danger aswell, it’s a bumper so can never really can tell, ive got Sir Gerhard at a much bigger price

Pertemps hurdle final, Come On Teddy (10/1) - imperial Alcazar has to give him 8lbs,for the last race but cruised the race before so don’t get price difference and will definitely be in frame I think.

Kim Muir Challenge cup, Time TO Get up (5/1) - back him at much bigger price when fav was still in now a NR, so probably not best value but should go well.

Triumph Hurdle, Zanahyir (7/4) - couldn’t understand why zanahyir was joint fav for so long with Tritonic, but now the prices are closer to where they should be just think he’s a better horse and I think he’ll win.

Gold Cup, A Plus Tard ( 5/1) - don’t think Al Boum Photo will win, won’t take anything away 2 cups in a row but think this a better race to last 2 , A plus Tard beat Chacun Pour Soi fav for champion chase over 2m, If rain comes would maybe bet Native Rive or Royale Pagaille

Also the ‘bankers’ but prices have gone but wouldn’t put you off.

Just my thoughts so don’t shoot the messenger n hopefully get few winner, don’t let me put you off backing anything else.

Prices are correct at time.
Kim Muir, time to get up - Non Runner gutter I had 14s aswell going to Uttoxeter instead for midlands national on Saturday.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Tuesday picks!

Carolina - Detroit under 6.5 goals @1.60
Tampa bay ML @1.60
Colorado in regulation @1.60
Arizona - Minnesota under 6.5 goals @1.50
Tampa bay in regulation @2.00
Real Madrid +0.5 @1.40
City -1 Asian @1.30

muller

Day 1 at Cheltenham done.. about £50 up, nothing crazy.. plus need to it invest in tomorrow. Any dead certs?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Used my Ladbrokes free bet for tomorrow's racing on 13:20 Bob Olinger, 13:55 Monkfish, 15:05 Nube Negra and 15:40 Tiger Roll 4-fold E/W.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Brynas - Orebro under 6.5 goals @1.60

Berbaclass

Day 1 at Cheltenham done.. about £50 up, nothing crazy.. plus need to it invest in tomorrow. Any dead certs?
I think Easysland is my banker for the whole festival. I only did a small acca a week ago but I don't think Tiger Roll will get near him. 4/5 is pretty good if you ask me.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Brentford, Watford, Man City, Cardiff or draw, Cheltenham, Charlton or draw, Real Madrid/Atalanta <4.5 @16.02

Raredaredevil

I'm always so wary of Madrid these days to get a result but their record in the CL in recent years has been very good, hope they get it done for you. Best of luck man.
Yeah I understand what you mean. I don't trust them in La Liga these days, probably only go for them +0.5 but will never take them for an outright win, I usually trust Atletico Madrid more in La Liga this season. But yes Real Madrid always seem to have all the luck in CL. I'm thinking they should at least win by a goal and even if they don't, at least I only lose half of my money as I expect them to draw at least. Thanks mate I really needed your luck, been on a losing streak for god knows how long. Sigh. Best of luck to you too.

Berbaclass

Yeah I understand what you mean. I don't trust them in La Liga these days, probably only go for them +0.5 but will never take them for an outright win, I usually trust Atletico Madrid more in La Liga this season. But yes Real Madrid always seem to have all the luck in CL. I'm thinking they should at least win by a goal and even if they don't, at least I only lose half of my money as I expect them to draw at least. Thanks mate I really needed your luck, been on a losing streak for god knows how long. Sigh. Best of luck to you too.
I think you might have the wrong idea about that mate :lol:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Didn’t realise they had covid, cheers for the info! Didn’t have time to look into it properly, just checked Bolivar to make sure they didn’t have any random play Kees missing. I seen a couple other teams have covid too, will have a proper look tonight and see if there’s any other covid based bets. Looks like 5 starters or so out. Does explain why the odds dropped so quick. Probably have -2.25 or -2.5 fair with those missings. Will look into the missing players properly tonight. Wouldn’t be surprised if they get a few more with positive tests tomorrow if there are further tests.
Prices look fair for Bolivar and IDV now. -2.25 for
Bolivar. Had 1/9 or so fair for win so pretty much spot on now. On nice value, just need them to do the job now. Hoping to see a couple extra missing for mont when team sheets come out.

Berbaclass

Prices look fair for Bolivar and IDV now. -2.25 for
Bolivar. Had 1/9 or so fair for win so pretty much spot on now. On nice value, just need them to do the job now. Hoping to see a couple extra missing for mont when team sheets come out.
Good stuff, looking forward to the game!

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Tuesday picks!

Carolina - Detroit under 6.5 goals @1.60
Tampa bay ML @1.60
Colorado in regulation @1.60
Arizona - Minnesota under 6.5 goals @1.50
Tampa bay in regulation @2.00
Real Madrid +0.5 @1.40
City -1 Asian @1.30
Followed you on these without the CL as i just don't trust Madrid anymore. Way too nervy and stressful for the small gains they provide these days. :D

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Brentford, Watford, Man City, Cardiff or draw, Cheltenham, Charlton or draw, Real Madrid/Atalanta <4.5 @16.02
Similar.

Brentford, Watford, MK Don's, Salford, City -1, madrid @35.50

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Followed you on these without the CL as i just don't trust Madrid anymore. Way too nervy and stressful for the small gains they provide these days. :D
I agree. The results in football this time of the year (and covid season) is hard to predict imo. The real juice is in the hockey ;) Hope you followed the swedish game I posted too because that was a winner. Lets hope the NHL goes well tonight. Had 4/6 hit yesterday which is ok. But we want more! Bolts had a shocker yesterday but I expect them to answer tonight against Dallas.
Colorado is probably my banker for tonight. Not liking so much more than that. A couple of unders in the defensive minded games.

I’ve been riding the wilds for a long while now and won everytime. But have a feeling they might be for an upset tonight. Not sure they can get 3/3 against Arizona and @1.45 ML is too low. I like the unders though.

Last edited:

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Similar.

Had a 5 euro free bet today that worked, so stuck the 10 on it, annoyingly not letting me cash oit because of the handicap. The 90ish it would offer would be nice.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Similar.

Should've known better to stick Cheltenham in there. Probably been at the races all day. They must've been to go down to bottom feeders Barrow at home within 2 mins.

Berbaclass

Not having/had much today. Jumped on Partizan in play when I saw they were on.

Done a little acca for tonight which is
Barca -1.5
Familicao/Brags O2.5
Wolves/Pool O1.5
Gent/Brugge O1.5

@ 4.72

Will be saving my money for tomorrow though with City at home to Gladbach. I think it's a mismatch at present and City -1.5 @ 1.75 is excellent value IMO. City rested a few players at the weekend and BMG have been consistently poor for a little while, 6 losses in a row and no win in 8 games. I think they will coast past them 3-0/4-0.
Proper nervy last 15-20 mins there :lol: