Fosu Mensah loan watch | Fulham 2018-19

shield

Made one silly tackle, but apart from that was quite good. Looked quite at home with the Fulham team. Did not try anything flashy and crossing was also good. Good loan for him.

Last edited:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Every time I watch Fulham they play like they're swaggering around 4-0 up in the 89th minute.

Odd way to approach games for a team that's just been promoted, and didn't even get promoted automatically.

Red_Ramirez

Yeah, I know, our academy has an absolutely awful track record in terms of producing talent for the first team. Can anyone name even 3, 4 quality players that have come out of the academy in the last 50 years?
So Fosu-Mensah will be world class like Beckham and co?

Giggs was the 'new George Best'....Scholes the 'next Kenny Dagleish'

Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and co were worth the hype

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Having read this thread, I have no idea how well he played.
he was quite poor overall in the first half while much better in the second while on a yellowcard. I can only comment on the first half and it looked like he could be the one going off at half time nearly been sent off, so happy for him to step up in the second period

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
wow, unusually good touch from Lukaku and great pass from Pogba, you just know when he's about to pass he will produce something brilliant like that

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah, I know, our academy has an absolutely awful track record in terms of producing talent for the first team. A
What absolute nonsense! We have probably been more productive than most other top flight English teams at producing players who had a good career. 50 years you say?

Off top of my head;

Hughes
Whiteside
McGrath
Giggs
Beckham
Scholes
Butt
G Neville
P Neville
Bosnich
Savage
O’Shea
Fletcher
Brown
Rashford
Januzaj
Evans
Bardsley
Pogba
Shawcross
Welbeck
Cleverly
Gillespie
Drinkwater
Lingard
Gibson
Micheal keane
Rafael

Lots who played many games for United and others who have gone on to have a good standard of career elsewhere. Many international players. Good players. Sad!

MJJ

What absolute nonsense! We have probably been more productive than most other top flight English teams at producing players who had a good career. 50 years you say?

Off top of my head;

Hughes
Whiteside
McGrath
Giggs
Beckham
Scholes
Butt
G Neville
P Neville
Bosnich
Savage
O’Shea
Fletcher
Brown
Rashford
Januzaj
Evans
Bardsley
Pogba
Shawcross
Welbeck
Cleverly
Gillespie
Drinkwater
Lingard
Gibson
Micheal keane
Rafael

Lots who played many games for United and others who have gone on to have a good standard of career elsewhere. Many international players. Good players. Sad!
He was being sarcastic gb.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Looks to me like a young version of RB Valencia. All about Pace and Power, little creativity on the ball.

I think he could be a decent RB under Mourinho cause he likes those kind of players, but would rarely get a sniff in at other top sides. Also because his attributes fit more into counter attacking sides, and you rarely have those at a top club anymore (except for Atletico).

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
he was quite poor overall in the first half while much better in the second while on a yellowcard. I can only comment on the first half and it looked like he could be the one going off at half time nearly been sent off, so happy for him to step up in the second period
People got to remember -- he is only 20. He is bound to be inconsistent. The game needs to 'slow down' for him than he will be fine. and that can happen when he gets to play more matches.

Kostov

I watched the game, he was solid I feel. Two rash tackles in the first half rattled him a bit, but he mad a beautiful pass playing some of the attacker clean on goal, which they didn't capitulate. Fulham defense was all over the place mainly due to the CBs being shambolic and having no idea what were they doing. TFM did well in those circumstances.

macheda14

I was at the match today and he was shocking. The Fulham fans were ripping into him all around me, doesn’t look like he could be a United player let alone a premier league footballer. Obviously that was one game, but it wasn’t the first time this season

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I was at the match today and he was shocking. The Fulham fans were ripping into him all around me, doesn’t look like he could be a United player let alone a premier league footballer. Obviously that was one game, but it wasn’t the first time this season
I didn't see the Fulham game, but from what I've seen of Fulham this season their defensive set up is non existent, they are set up to attack with no real thought for the defensive side of things, could this explain why a young defender with little experience is finding things difficult??

macheda14

I didn't see the Fulham game, but from what I've seen of Fulham this season their defensive set up is non existent, they are set up to attack with no real thought for the defensive side of things, could this explain why a young defender with little experience is finding things difficult??
It wasn’t even the defensive side, he couldn’t pass the ball to save his life. Misplacing them, or just making the complete wrong decision. It’s more likely than not a complete lack of confidence but it was upsetting

galwayfa

It could be a confidence thing, I hope it is but I'm not sure he has the capabilities to be playing for us, no need to compare who we have at the moment as if you compare him to them they obviously aren't up to the standard either

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I checked Fulham's forum before he got shoulder injury, a lot of Fulham fans pleased with his performance and think he's very talented. On the other hand, when I check Aston Villa forum at that time, they weren't impressed with Tuanzebe until Bruce was fired.

And now it seems the other way around, weird. May be it's just one game off.

Reactions: jojojo

SecondFig

He's playing in what is probably the worst organised defence in the league - and he's only just back from injury. People writing him off because he gave away a daft penalty need to have word with themselves

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It wasn’t even the defensive side, he couldn’t pass the ball to save his life. Misplacing them, or just making the complete wrong decision. It’s more likely than not a complete lack of confidence but it was upsetting
Fair enough, sounds like Fulham may not be the right loan deal for his development.

Red_Ramirez

TBH technically he was never that great and lacks the football brain to be a top top player.

Defensively he doesnt fill me with confidence, his positioning is bad and he always goes to ground, the best defenders I have grown up watching didnt get sat down often

His decision making has to improve. Here's hoping mistakes will be ironed out in this loan spell. And he can cement a spot in the team. Last season he ended up 3rd choice right-back at Palace

izec

He is not good enough of a RB, CB or DM. That is his biggest issue if he wants to make it at the top level. Versatile, but has no clear position to continue his development. Tuanzebe has better chances of making it here

Red_Ramirez

He is not good enough of a RB, CB or DM. That is his biggest issue if he wants to make it at the top level. Versatile, but has no clear position to continue his development. Tuanzebe has better chances of making it here
Not writing him off already which is unfair since he hasnt featured for the first team yet...but Tuanzebe's main weakness is his aerial ability. For a centre-back that doesnt look good. His timing is off

Judas

Open to offers
Much like Tuanzebe, vey much doubt he'll ever be good enough for us. Unless we truly become a midtable nothing team, then he'd be more than welcome.

tieunhilang

To think how eager we were to see him got his debute back in Van Gaal's days. I remember a lot of us touting him as the perfect "steel" in midfield we have needed ever since Roy Keane...

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The guy is only 20 and already has 50 PL appearances, some of which have been superb and been name checked by Sane as his toughest opponent. People need to relax with writing him off. Especially those who in the next sentence claim Axel is way better, ignoring the fact he's struggled to break through at a Championship side and also been really inconsistent and is older. They've both shown very high levels of performances and some very low levels too and are only 20 years old.

And feck off with the 3rd choice at Palxe nonsense.

Offsideagain

I like him. He’s an athlete. Fulham bought loads of players when they got promotion and dropped the team that got them up and now they are suffering. Too many new players.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Saw him play for Fulham today and...

Ok, he was just back from a shoulder injury and Fulham are not that good.But he gave away a silly penalty and his timing was not good.

I agree he is quite athletic but he also looks a bit clumsy.

Some way to go yet.

SteveW

Still don't know what to make of this guy.

He's been hyped to ridiculous levels on here with many even having a go at the manager for not playing him in central midfield for our first team.

But outside of being a phenomenal athlete I don't really know why. He's young and can still improve a lot but as a defender he seems well behind many players of his age in terms or positioning and composure. And he's not technical enough to be a midfielder. Perhaps somebody can tell me what I'm missing?

SteveW

I feel the same. Axel has similar athleticism but seems a bit calmer. It will be interesting to see how he progresses this year with John Terry as assistant manager. Can't think of many better former players to learn defending from.