France national team | Martial ruled out due to injury, Lemar replaces him

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Normally happy to see our players left out of these squads, but really happy for Martial.

Gives him a chance to play himself back into form/gain fitness after his injury. Didn't seem that sharp at Arsenal last weekend, understandably.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
From Martial's pov, he has to cement his place, any chance he gets. He doesn't have the liberty to say he's not fully fit. He also had to withdraw from the last squad through injury.
Yeah, I feel the same about Shaw. I think it was the last couple of call ups he had to withdraw and now Chilwell has become first choice for England.

ZAKU-RED

Supports
Barcelona
Don't mind if Umtiti gets called up as he gets some game time to get his match fitness back. But I really feel bad for Lenglet, Even though Umtiti has been out for a long time, he filled in that spot very well and he has improved a lot since he came here. If he keeps at it Umtiti will have a hard time getting his spot back and who knows might get a call up himself to France one of these days.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
So Giroud warms the bench at Chelsea and yet he gets called up instead of Lacazette. It sounds logic.

FootyCrew

So Giroud warms the bench at Chelsea and yet he gets called up instead of Lacazette. It sounds logic.
Lacazette had his chances at France, but didn't do that much actually to convince Deschamps.

Giroud is more useful for France, which doesn't mean he is a better player than Lacazette.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Lacazette had his chances at France, but didn't do that much actually to convince Deschamps.

Giroud is more useful for France, which doesn't mean he is a better player than Lacazette.
Lacazette never had his chance. Scored a brace vs Germany and has never seen the pitch since then.
Ben Yedder never had his chance either.

They've both been better than Giroud for like 3/4 years

IrishRedDevil

He played yesterday like he still had an injury. Let’s hope it’s nothing serious and he has pulled out to rest.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's definitely not 100%. Hope it isn't too bad. Still, I'm happy he gets a rest.

BlueHaze

Fecking hell it never ends for us with injuries to key players does it. If this is an ongoing thing OGS needs to turn the intensity down on the training sessions. Let's just hope it's because they are adjusting to it.

mu4c_20le

Cant catch a break. oh well he has two weeks to recover, feck internationals.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lacazette never had his chance. Scored a brace vs Germany and has never seen the pitch since then.
Ben Yedder never had his chance either.

They've both been better than Giroud for like 3/4 years
As we all saw in WC Deschamps loves targetman option. He had Gignac in euro 2016 squad remember.

Do they really need Thuvain in every single squad? I know he's improved since his poor Newcastle spell but take him out and you could fit in another striker that way.