g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Sean Dyche
6/4
Marcelo Bielsa
3/1
David Moyes
7/2
Wayne Rooney
7/1
Nuno Espirito Santo
9/1
Sam Allardyce
10/1
Duncan Ferguson
12/1
Ange Postecoglu
16/1
Lee Carsley
20/1
Leighton Baines
20/1

odds.
Bielsa should be the one you go for on that list - at least there’s a high chance you’ll come back up if you get relegated too.
would make the most sense, otherwise they’d have to swallow the cost of making all frank’s personal chefs redundant.
:lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bielsa should be the one you go for on that list - at least there’s a high chance you’ll come back up if you get relegated too.

Bielsa or Ange from that list, yeah. Ange has always been my no. 1 option but it is really unlikely due to our position, same as when Benitez was sacked. Potter was my no.1 option but was severely unlikely due to respective club positions.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I think he should forget about management and stick to that pundit life. It's not for him. Maybe a DOF role somewhere.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It was already clear at the end of last season that he was a chancer who had done even more to drag Everton into the relegation scrap than Benitez did and stayed up solely due to fecking Jordan Pickford having multiple games of his life. I can at least see why you'd persist with him and hope he came good at that point though, and try to ride the high of survival into a decent bounce back season... but how he wasn't binned off after those Bournemouth games or (at the absolute very, very latest) a couple of weeks ago before the games against Southampton and Villa absolutely beggars belief. I'd just assumed there must be literally no cash available to sack him.

They're just making the exact same mistake they did with the Benitez sacking, and giving the next manager no time to do anything in the transfer window (again, assuming the money exists), and any candidate with any prospects of getting a better job somewhere else would be even less inclined to go there than they would have been at the start of the month.

Postecoglou would have to be a headcase to go there when he could easily walk into a cushy mid-table gig at a better run club in the summer. Bielsa's football needs players capable of sticking the ball in the net more than the opposition to not be total suicide. Moyes would just be depressing for everybody concerned. Any of Rooney, Ferguson, Carsley, and Baines would just be another work experience case like Lampard. It's fecking grim when Sean Dyche seems to be shaping up as the best option, but at this stage, and with those players, I think he probably is.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It was already clear at the end of last season that he was a chancer who had done even more to drag Everton into the relegation scrap than Benitez did and stayed up solely due to fecking Jordan Pickford having multiple games of his life. I can at least see why you'd persist with him and hope he came good at that point though, and try to ride the high of survival into a decent bounce back season... but how he wasn't binned off after those Bournemouth games or (at the absolute very, very latest) a couple of weeks ago before the games against Southampton and Villa absolutely beggars belief. I'd just assumed there must be literally no cash available to sack him.

They're just making the exact same mistake they did with the Benitez sacking, and giving the next manager no time to do anything in the transfer window (again, assuming the money exists), and any candidate with any prospects of getting a better job somewhere else would be even less inclined to go there than they would have been at the start of the month.

Postecoglou would have to be a headcase to go there when he could easily walk into a cushy mid-table gig at a better run club in the summer. Bielsa's football needs players capable of sticking the ball in the net more than the opposition to not be total suicide. Moyes would just be depressing for everybody concerned. Any of Rooney, Ferguson, Carsley, and Baines would just be another work experience case like Lampard. It's fecking grim when Sean Dyche seems to be shaping up as the best option, but at this stage, and with those players, I think he probably is.
Almost word for word what I said about Lampard when he took the Everton job, minus the midtable bit.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Their board of directors should really fire themselves before anything else happens at that club.

GlasgowCeltic

He shouldn’t manage again but you could see him managing a Watford for a few months once they’re next promoted, and then NYCFC, and then that’ll be that

TheReligion

Abusive
Sean Dyche
6/4
Marcelo Bielsa
3/1
David Moyes
7/2
Wayne Rooney
7/1
Nuno Espirito Santo
9/1
Sam Allardyce
10/1
Duncan Ferguson
12/1
Ange Postecoglu
16/1
Lee Carsley
20/1
Leighton Baines
20/1

odds.
you know who my pick is

Gallardo

From that list though

Big Ange would be good but don’t see him leaving now. Could a temp keep you up with him coming in summer? Ferguson until then…? But like United did with Rangnick to get Ten Hag..

Bielsa would be good for a rebuild but could be a disaster in this particular situation when there’s no time to implement what he wants

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Duncan Ferguson's pashun would probably just be a band aid solution til the end of the season. I can't see Ange taking the job, not because he's a Liverpool fan but I don't see Everton as the club he'd leave Celtic for.

Oldyella

Duncan Ferguson's pashun would probably just be a band aid solution til the end of the season. I can't see Ange taking the job, not because he's a Liverpool fan but I don't see Everton as the club he'd leave Celtic for.
Pashun might be what they need now. The squad isnt changing so someone who can fire them up till the end of the season might be best they can hope for.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I know it might sound like a mad one, but Ole could do a job there until the end of the season

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
He should never have gone to Chelsea and never have come to us. Bizarre career choices as a young manager really.
The Chelsea job was just too big of an opportunity to turn down. I'm sure he knew he was unlikely to be ready for the occasion but probably also realized the chance might never come again so he wanted to at least give it a go. Aside from ruling him out of the other top end jobs I don't think failing at Chelsea had too much of an effect on his managerial career, especially as there were some positives too. In the first season he did an alright job in getting us top-4 while integrating a few young academy products in the starting XI. It was only when he got some high profile big money signings and the expectations were raised that he looked out of his depth.

Another season at Derby and failing to get promotion again would have hurt his stock more than whatever went on at Chelsea IMO so I don't think it was a bizarre decision to go for it.

It's the Everton job that really hurt his career and that was a truly bizarre choice from him. After Chelsea his stock was still reasonably high in that he was often considered when a mid to lower end PL job came around but going to Everton he made a terrible choice and it was always going to be a very difficult job for whoever came in. Maybe going to one of the high end Championship clubs would have been a much better fit for Frank but his downfall was thinking it was now somehow 'beneath him' to go back to the lower leagues and insisting on a PL job no matter how difficult it was.

I'm sure he'll still get another chance somewhere but it certainly won't be in the PL.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Even taking the Derby job was probably a mistake. Being a top player doesn't necessarily qualify you as a manager.

Lampard had the smarts but maybe not the personality side for management?

Better to do like Arteta, assistant to a top manager for years before stepping up to a top job.

If wanted more than a 5 year career anyway.

Castia

Bielsa would be long term because I think they go down if they get him now. They don't have the time to get his philosophy going and every point counts at this stage.

Appoint Dyche and they have a good chance to stay up.

Lampard is going to have to rebuild his career if he wants to continue managing it's been a failure so far. He's been handed jobs way out of his depth.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The Chelsea job was just too big of an opportunity to turn down. I'm sure he knew he was unlikely to be ready for the occasion but probably also realized the chance might never come again so he wanted to at least give it a go. Aside from ruling him out of the other top end jobs I don't think failing at Chelsea had too much of an effect on his managerial career, especially as there were some positives too. In the first season he did an alright job in getting us top-4 while integrating a few young academy products in the starting XI. It was only when he got some high profile big money signings and the expectations were raised that he looked out of his depth.

Another season at Derby and failing to get promotion again would have hurt his stock more than whatever went on at Chelsea IMO so I don't think it was a bizarre decision to go for it.

It's the Everton job that really hurt his career and that was a truly bizarre choice from him. After Chelsea his stock was still reasonably high in that he was often considered when a mid to lower end PL job came around but going to Everton he made a terrible choice and it was always going to be a very difficult job for whoever came in. Maybe going to one of the high end Championship clubs would have been a much better fit for Frank but his downfall was thinking it was now somehow 'beneath him' to go back to the lower leagues and insisting on a PL job no matter how difficult it was.

I'm sure he'll still get another chance somewhere but it certainly won't be in the PL.
While fair that it was too big to turn down, it was still the wrong career choice. He had nowhere near the managerial experience to handle that and it is why he is still so naive at times for us, because he hasn't had any time to actually hone his managerial career. Every single game since he started at Chelsea until now has mattered. For different reasons - Chelsea expect you to win most, if not all games and with us he's been in a constant relegation battle so every point counts. He needs to go to a club where the expectations and pressure is not as high as it has been in the last two jobs he has taken.

Chairman Steve

I swear back when he was either in the latter Derby days or early Chelsea days, there was a theory going around that Jody Morris was the real coaching talent of the duo of Lampard and Morris.

And Jody Morris isn’t at Everton and Lampard‘s doing much worse than the end of his Chelsea stint.

SAFMUTD

I'm actually surprised he's last this long. Really limited manager I don't think we'll see him again in the EPL.

poleglass red

They should get Brandon Rodgers. I think Leicester will let him go cheaply.
doubt they'd go with another ex Liverpool manager after the last one. Leicester actually have the exact same record in last 5 games, 4 losses and a draw, as Everton.They are only 3 points ahead of Everton. Everton have 2 tough games up next in Arsenal and Liverpool, but after that , they've Leeds, Villa, Forest and Brentford. If they install a new manager, possibly get a signing or a loan in, that's 4 games they'd be looking to take points in. The new manager bounce, could also see them sneak a point at a Liverpool team, that are also struggling. I've no idea who they'd install, no real time for a manager to imprint the team with his style, it's survival football at this stage.Dyche has been mentioned, maybe short term but not sure he'd the man for the long haul.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
doubt they'd go with another ex Liverpool manager after the last one. Leicester actually have the exact same record in last 5 games, 4 losses and a draw, as Everton.They are only 3 points ahead of Everton. Everton have 2 tough games up next in Arsenal and Liverpool, but after that , they've Leeds, Villa, Forest and Brentford. If they install a new manager, possibly get a signing or a loan in, that's 4 games they'd be looking to take points in. The new manager bounce, could also see them sneak a point at a Liverpool team, that are also struggling. I've no idea who they'd install, no real time for a manager to imprint the team with his style, it's survival football at this stage.Dyche has been mentioned, maybe short term but not sure he'd the man for the long haul.
It should be said that 3 of those 4 losses include West Ham, Southampton and Wolves who are in the relegation battle and of which two were bottom of the league when we face them and playing us at home. It's shocking that he hasn't been sacked. Aside from Forest, Leicester played Liverpool, Newcastle and Fulham in their losses. Anyway, Rodgers would not happen.

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
Hope Everton go down, their fans have been a disgrace.

BorisManUtd

Whoever comes in - 18 games to save their season. No cups, just league and one game a week. I think they'll survive and would be a shame if they don't.