Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

As usual commits himself too easily and just gets played around. Not sure why he's shooting whenever there's a half chance either as he's proven to be completely terrible at it. Poor game.
It's so frustrating the way he presses as he gets done so often.

slored1

What on earth was he doing in that second half. Couldn't get a pass right.

NinjaFletch

I think the veneration of Fred as anything other than a stop gap player who can do a job until we upgrade has always been odd. We urgently need to buy a midfielder in the summer.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought he had far too much to do at times

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Had a good game, it isn't working when he's the one to hold the midfield on his own. Good passing and decision making, a little too weak off the ball and the most dangerous moments for Arsenal came when he was chasing the ball and left a huge gap behind. One of the very few in-form players though.

MU655

Pass success was 87% today with 78 passes. His passing was fine aside from the one across the front of the box.

2 tackles and 5 interceptions. He was only dribbled past once.

Chipped the ball into Shaw before he crossed to Cavani. Almost scored in the first half save for a great save.

Nowhere near as bad as people are making out. Actually he was good.

Our midfield wasn't the issue today; we had 57% possession. It was the attack not taking chances and not providing a reliable outlet at times that was the problem. I thought Pogba and Fred were good. You have to remember that Fernandes had a poor game, which didn't help with holding possession up the pitch. That puts a lot of pressure on the deeper-lying midfielders.

Litch

I think the veneration of Fred as anything other than a stop gap player who can do a job until we upgrade has always been odd. We urgently need to buy a midfielder in the summer.
Might not be wrong but I hope that midfielder has super hero powers cause he'll have a lot of work to do and ground to cover......

city-puma

Had a good game, it isn't working when he's the one to hold the midfield on his own. Good passing and decision making, a little too weak off the ball and the most dangerous moments for Arsenal came when he was chasing the ball and left a huge gap behind. One of the very few in-form players though.
He’s covering the left and then went to the right to help. Then back to left, felt the danger on right, went there again. Pogba can’t play in the midfield two like that. Ole needs to be bold to take Pogba off.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm sorry were we watching the same game? He had his customary 3-4 misplaced passes under little (at the top level) pressure today. It's been happening all season, and nobody in the team seems to be pulling him up on it. I was about to start a whole new thread on how bad his passing is.

If that was a good game by Fred, then we're fecked. We need to replace him.

MU655

I'm sorry were we watching the same game? He had his customary 3-4 misplaced passes under little (at the top level) pressure today. It's been happening all season, and nobody in the team seems to be pulling him up on it. I was about to start a whole new thread on how bad his passing is.

Everyone misplaces passes. You are looking for perfection. Do you know the highest average is Rodri with 94%, but City play a possession game. We don't. 87% (what Fred got today) is very good for the way we play.

Litch

87% isn't bad and I think people look for it now. Who passed better than him on both teams today?

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
We are missing him scoring one bona fide screamer to open the gates for him I reckon. The other players always tee him up from outside of the box because they know he can hit them. If he can start contributing a few goals its gonna help us massively. Was dying for that placed half volley to squeeze in.

acnumber9

Passing percentage statistics. Chris Smalling had over 90% passing accuracy for Christ’s sake.

city-puma

You are watching the same game but you can only noticed three or four passes ended not well. You had no ability to see the whole picture of the game in the second half and how he was doing two-man job. If you were able to realize that, you will feel we are fortunate to get a point with basically 10 players actually playing.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

Yeah he had some misplaced passes, but overall did a lot of good things. Apart from putting in defensive shift, he kept the ball moving at pace, spreading it wide, and his shot was the closest we were to scoring. Had a good game,

NinjaZombie

Everyone misplaces passes. You are looking for perfection. Do you know the highest average is Rodri with 94%, but City play a possession game. We don't. 87% (what Fred got today) is very good for the way we play.
87% isn't bad and I think people look for it now. Who passed better than him on both teams today?
Of course you're going to miss some passes but not the way he does it. Under little pressure, straight to the opponent while we're deep in our half. There was one he made in the second half. From the left back position, ball across our box, straight to an Arsenal player. That's something you see in the lower levels of football, not from a Manchester United player.

It'd be forgiveable if it didn't happen in every single game that he plays in.

And pass completion stats doesn't tell the story. Even some of the passes he completes can be passes that puts his teammates under pressure or passes where there was a better choice that could've started an attack for us.

I know he has a lot of fans here so my opinion is unpopular but I can't wait to see the back of him.

LJJT

Thought he was one of our best players today. Tried to be progressive. Worked hard, tackled hard.

city-puma

Of course you're going to miss some passes but not the way he does it. Under little pressure, straight to the opponent while we're deep in our half. There was one he made in the second half. From the left back position, ball across our box, straight to an Arsenal player. That's something you see in the lower levels of football, not from a Manchester United player.

And pass completion stats doesn't tell the story. Even some of the passes he completes can be passes that puts his teammates under pressure or passes where there was a better choice that could've started an attack for us.

I know he has a lot of fans here so my opinion is unpopular but I can't wait to see the back of him.
Are you serious? You think passing is only about to pass the ball to a stationed receiver? You can’t understand he complexity of the football game. So, you will always pick every player’s “mistake” and claims he is bad.

NinjaZombie

Are you serious? You think passing is only about to pass the ball to a stationed receiver? You can’t understand he complexity of the football game. So, you will always pick every player’s “mistake” and claims he is bad.
I don't understand the complexity of your sentence structure to be fair.

Litch

What I'm saying is we look for it. Seen Bruno and Pogs do exactly the same thing. Its like it's just 'stuck' from the player who started here and people still look for it. Not saying he was great but the criticism of him sometimes is ridiculous. Seen Partey do exact the same things today and loads thought he'd be the answer here. Also Pogs was no where near enough to him today and the options when on the ball here is shocking.....

Litch

Mostly. Can you pinpoint a progressive pass he played?
Again nonsense. Fizzed the ball into the forwards a good few times. There was the flick to Shaw that created the cross. There was a number of occasions and arguably it's his misplaced passes are at times tries to force the pass.....

MattofManchester

He was very good, but those two moments where he passed the ball away under little pressure created panic stations everywhere.

MU655

I think you will be disappointed with anyone we sign, to be honest. I just think your expectations are too high, considering the way we play.

I do think the way we play makes our players more jittery. We do not play in a calm and composed manner seeking to dominate possession like Man City. We try to get it up to the attack as quick as possible and carry out the attack quickly, which I think does rub off on our players and causes them to rush things.

Put Fred in Rodri's place at City, and I wouldn't be surprised if his passing stats jump to at least 90% because their team as a whole is more composed.

I don't think we have a single player who doesn't rush things every match, which does make me wonder whether it stems from how the team plays. I mean Fernandes is another who does it a lot.

NinjaZombie

What I'm saying is we look for it. Seen Bruno and Pogs do exactly the same thing. Its like it's just 'stuck' from the player who started here and people still look for it. Not saying he was great but the criticism of him sometimes is ridiculous. Seen Partey do exact the same things today and loads thought he'd be the answer here. Also Pogs was no where near enough to him today and the options when on the ball here is shocking.....
I won't argue about Pogba, because I think him losing the ball by dilly dallying on it in dangerous areas is about as bad as Fred's passing. Bruno, I'd forgive because he's on the pitch to be progressive, even then I don't see him say, pick up the ball from the edge of our box and then misplace a pass straight to an opponent in our half. He loses the ball higher up the pitch, which is to be expected unless we want to go back to playing LVG's style.

Fred is there for a limited role. Win the ball, press the opponent, keep things ticking for the more creative players. And yet, he's making horrific passing mistakes. This was a typical Fred performance. He won the ball a number of times, did well defensively at times but makes a number of mistakes. I'd even say the way he presses players leaves him vulnerable to being completely bypassed by the opponents and leaving the defence exposed but I'm putting that down to the work that he has to do to win tackles and the risk/reward nature of things.

Pogba was bad. When he was at Juve, I remember remarking to my friend that Pogba is not your traditional top class centre midfielder and I've not changed my mind. Playing him in a two with Fred is being unfair to Fred.

Sanchez7

Sloppy with some of his passing but he is still important due to his pressing and work rate. The second goal v/s SFU highlighted our lack of aggression in central defense and midfield.

NinjaZombie

I think you will be disappointed with anyone we sign, to be honest. I just think your expectations are too high, considering the way we play.

I do think the way we play makes our players more jittery. We do not play in a calm and composed manner seeking to dominate possession like Man City. We try to get it up to the attack as quick as possible and carry out the attack quickly, which I think does rub off on our players and causes them to rush things.

Put Fred in Rodri's place at City, and I wouldn't be surprised if his passing stats jump to at least 90% because their team as a whole is more composed.

I don't think we have a single player who doesn't rush things every match, which does make me wonder whether it stems from how the team plays. I mean Fernandes is another who does it a lot.
Well, that's probable but considering I was totally fine and satisfied with how Ander Herrera was playing in midfield for us, I don't think it's impossible.

@city-puma You've been saying some of us don't understand the intricacy of how the game is played. Care to explain in detail what we're missing out on?

Status
Not open for further replies.