5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Played well, one of the few who can hold his head up high after that shit show.

Based Adnan

Some players aren't held accountable for their poor performances and he's one of them so you can't really blame him when he consistently serves up shite

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Cant pass the ball over any kind of distance. Our midfield being incapable of advancing the ball is a huge issue for us. Luiz in the Villa team made him look an inferior player.

NickJ

Not only is he offering nothing in starting our attacks but now causing us issues at the other end with giving the ball away and always being in the wrong position

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Consistent at least.

Fights for the ball. Misplaces passes all game. Nothing new really, upgrade heavily needed.

Conor

There are sunday league players with more consistent passing than him. Laughing away as he completely breaks down an attack by falling over the ball and kicking a 20 yard, no pressure pass out of play. Dives into absolutely everything as well, so easy to send him the wrong way and stroll through the midfield.

Sylar

Better second half, but when he's shooting off balance, it does my head in
When he casually tries to pass it under pressure at the back and loses it, it does my head in

He's not a matic but tries it and it's annoying.

MadMike

Thought he had a good game tbh. Much better than the rest of the midfield anyway

Woodenlung

He's a good ball winning midfielder being asked to play a game that he's not suited to. He should be a better passer, but I'm not going to go in too hard on him. It's a problem with the system he plays in. He's simply another victim to the fact that l, like every other midfielder we have, he'd be much better in a three than in a two.

Anyway, if we're going in on a midfielder today then McTominay deserves much more criticism. Fred at least steps up and tries to play passes. McTominay runs away from it.

city-puma

I'm not going to be persuaded by the ongoing hate parade, he had a good game today, shame that other idiot he was playing alongside could do feck all.
He indeed had an excellent game. Don’t need to argue against those non-sense.
Our players today just somehow were not in the right mood when shooting. It seems one of those shit days. It happens. Again, 28 shots but only 6 on target.

MadMike

Played well, one of the few who can hold his head up high after that shit show.
Agreed.

His match thread devolves into hate-fest post match, irrespective of his performances. He seems a convenient punching bag for many.

Raven

He indeed had an excellent game. Don’t need to argue against those non-sense.
Our players today just somehow were not in the right mood when shooting. It seems one of those shit days. It happens. Again, 28 shots but only 6 on target.
Agreed.

His match thread devolves into hate-fest post match, irrespective of his performances. He seems a convenient punching bag for many.
It's utterly fecking embarrassing, as if people haven't bothered to watch the game.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't see the point of him starting games. Doesn't offer anything any other half decent midfielder wouldn't do.

kiristao

Thought he was decent but like Lindelof, he is held to much higher expectations than a few other players by the CAF

Bobski

Thought he was decent but like Lindelof, he is held to much higher expectations than a few other players by the CAF
People want VDB, you know what, hopefully Ole gives it to them, and after 5 games of VDB in deep midfield that nonsense can stop.

jesperjaap

I hate seeing excuses made for players "not beign asked to do role suits him" "wrong formation" etc etc etc

Lets be honest, Fred has NEVER been good enough sinc ehe has been here. He got some credit from improving from dreadful to average, much like Lindelof who I think is a good squad option, Fred isnt.

I thougth there were others far worse today, but failure to replace Fred and others in cm this summer amongst other things will cost Ole his job, deservedly so for not addressing it

avgp_1

Had a passing accuracy of 78% and no key passes and just 1 failed through ball. How do people call that a good performance?

city-puma

It's utterly fecking embarrassing, as if people haven't bothered to watch the game.
I think some just want to pick one out to criticize no matter what after a loss like this. I think we played reasonably well today. A lot of shits happened.

Tarrou

I thought he was alright today, but needs replacing as his passing isn't good enough for a top team

Ole not seeing it the same way will be part of his downfall I think

Raven

I think some just want to pick one out to criticize no matter what after a loss like this. I think we played reasonably well today. A lot of shits happened.
There were plenty of shit performances, Fred's wasn't one of them.

arnie_ni

Gets sucked towards the ball to much in defense and has very little positional awareness.

Had his work cut out for him beside mct today

Kopral Jono

Consistent at least.

Fights for the ball. Misplaces passes all game. Nothing new really, upgrade heavily needed.
Yeah, Fred tried his best today and was alright, did what he had to do to an acceptable standard. Him being on the pitch in first place together with McTominay against Villa at home is the question that needs to be asked, however.

JoaquinJoaquin

Probably our best player today, but people would rather blame Fred while letting McTominay away with another terrible performance.

justboy68

He did well off the ball today but terrible with it. Still at least he did something right which is more than a few of the other names on the team sheet today.

UtdAgain08

Fred was one of the best players for Utd today, you can move of from this thread today, off to the Bruno, Pogba, Ronaldo or Ole thread its not Fred's fault today.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's still nowhere near his best (and he hasn't really been at that level since January), but his last couple of games haven't been anywhere near as bad as what some people make out. He was average today, which unfortunately made him one of our better players and absolute lightyears ahead of his midfield partner.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Tried his best, but no team with him as a main midfielder is winning anything. Everton is his level, at best.

lex talionis

No one questions Fred’s workrate, but his ability with the ball at his feet is what concerns many of us. When will he be held accountable?

lex talionis

When will McTominay?
Fair question. Neither one of McFred are not tempo setters. They work hard and that’s important, but their passing ability is too limited. McTominay is clearly not even fit — he labored when he wasn’t hiding — and should not have started. And against Villa we didn’t need two sitting mids anyway. Their sole threat was always going to be on a set piece. Ridiculous management by Ole today.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
There are sunday league players with more consistent passing than him. Laughing away as he completely breaks down an attack by falling over the ball and kicking a 20 yard, no pressure pass out of play. Dives into absolutely everything as well, so easy to send him the wrong way and stroll through the midfield.
Him laughing pisses me off.

There's no clip of this on the internet, but I remember Fletcher misplacing a pass to Keane out of the touchline and the cameras happened to be zooming in on Keane and he was clearly seen gesticulating at Fletcher shouting, "Ya call that a pass?!", eyes wide with his veins popping out of his head like madman.

There's no accountability in the team when this sort of shit happens nowadays. You can see it with all the little mistakes we make.

Status
Not open for further replies.