5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

When I watch football I like to see footballers do things that will make me feel- Oh this is why they're footballers and you're not, with Fred I don't feel this way, he has more legs than your average Joe but that's it.

acnumber9

When I watch football I like to see footballers do things that will make me feel- Oh this is why they're footballers and you're not, with Fred I don't feel this way, he has more legs than your average Joe but that's it.
We could ask the question why he has more legs than your average Joe. The answer would probably lie in why he served a ban when he was at Shaktar.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like Fred, but let's be honest, he would never get in any of the title winning teams. For now, he's a good squad player, but we're so light in the midfield he starts most games. We really need 2 midfielders this summer. Maybe sell Fred while we can get something for him and reinvestment that money.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
This will go down as a win in which Fred played in, and in 12 months time will be counted as part of a stat that says "United win more with Fred than without"
But with context, he was utter shite, and no amount of trying hard & running a lot can mask this if we truly want to compete with the best.
Well that's the thing about the stat, its a large volume of games and it accounts for games like these and games in which he has a worldly and we lose. It's the same for any other player.

Fred was crap today but there is a massive amount of moaning about him when he plays decent as well.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He brought a better midfielder on for Fred tonight.
Fred was absolutely dogshit tonight but let’s not pretend playing Pogba in a midfield two is some kind of no brainer that doesn’t frequently cause us all sorts of problems. Same goes for McT. Who was similarly hapless to Fred, in different ways. Although gets a pass because he did at least do some positive things.

Fred is exactly the sort of hard working CM that should work well in Ralf’s team. Travelling half way round the world with Brazil and catching covid has been a less than ideal start to their relationship.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I like Fred, but let's be honest, he would never get in any of the title winning teams. For now, he's a good squad player, but we're so light in the midfield he starts most games. We really need 2 midfielders this summer. Maybe sell Fred while we can get something for him and reinvestment that money.
The alternative world where he signed for City would be interesting.

His passing would send Pep looney ... Well, even more so the normal.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Fred was absolutely dogshit tonight but let’s not pretend playing Pogba in a midfield two is some kind of no brainer that doesn’t frequently cause us all sorts of problems. Same goes for McT. Who was similarly hapless to Fred, in different ways. Although gets a pass because he did at least do some positive things.

Fred is exactly the sort of hard working CM that should work well in Ralf’s team. Travelling half way round the world with Brazil and catching covid has been a less than ideal start to their relationship.
None of those points you made make up for the fact his passing is atrocious for a professional football player.

Trex

We could ask the question why he has more legs than your average Joe. The answer would probably lie in why he served a ban when he was at Shaktar.
Well his level of fitness is something else, even Kante breaks down every now and then, Fred doesn't.
He always looks like he could go another 90 after the 90, so I don't know.

acnumber9

We have the exact same defensive problems we have when he does play and lose the attacking attributes he has when he doesn’t.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Well that's the thing about the stat, its a large volume of games and it accounts for games like these and games in which he has a worldly and we lose. It's the same for any other player.

Fred was crap today but there is a massive amount of moaning about him when he plays decent as well.
‘Decent’ is Fred’s top level, and even that is an inconsistent achievement for him, that’s why there’s so much moaning about him.
There’s just not enough quality there to be a starting player for Man United.

GoldanoGraham

Just another transfer smokescreen where City pulled out pants down…..just like with Sanchez and Ronaldo…….he would never have played for Pep

Wing Attack Plan R

None of those points you made make up for the fact his passing is atrocious for a professional football player.
Not only passing, but also shooting, close control, dribbling, positioning, heading, tackling. The secret to his game is running his balls off. I'd rather get a good player who can only go 65 minutes and then sub him out, than keep the energizer bunny who plays like a Sunday league player. Brazil needs a tireless runner in their team, they have every other outfield player with impressive skills. Fred's a water carrier.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Pretty sure Pep would come on the pitch and strangle him.

With City, they don't stick to players that are not good enough. That's the difference, with us we keep them until they retire.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He can look genuinely excellent some games and than downright horrible in others. I don't get it.

Lentwood

That was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really bad

Woeful. Abject. Lightweight. Limited. Wasteful. Sloppy. Inept. Embarrassing. Outclassed. Weak. Laughable.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
One of his competition winner performances similar to what we saw in the few cameos he had just after signing.

He seems to need very regular football to keep up some kind of level which is pretty worrying when ideally we'd only be wanting to use him as a squad player anyway.

EdinburghDevil

Fred was rotten tonight. I thought it was the right call to manage Pogba, especially with the Champions League game on the horizon.

I can't see Fred starting too many more games this season if everyone is fit.

VivaRonaldo85

One of our fittest players but one of our least technical. If he is to stay and be a success, the next manager needs to work with him to adapt his game to be an out and out nasty workhorse in the middle of the park who closes down, breaks play up, shields the defence and plays the simple short pass to the decent footballers. I feel he could do that job at United if someone is willing to demand that’s his role. He is too limited for anything else. £50 million. Crikey

Red00012

Sounded like the crowd reacted to his number showing up on the board to be subbed . And not in a good way

luke511

A compilation of purely him just holding his hand up after a bad pass would be great, with Benny Hill music behind it.

Juansar_07

We tonight witnessed one of the very lows of his game. He was extremely rusty and erratic in every aspect. He squandered almost all the basic forward passes with either his woeful touch or inept decision making.

He needs to get his act together since his service will be essential in the many remaining games this season. All the more vital since we are so depleted in midfield.

AndyMUFC

Performances like tonight happen far too often. He is just not a United standard midfielder, especially when he's in a partnership with McTominay.

Abraxas

Awful today. Absolutely terrible, there's no mitigation.

However, I'm convinced he's still our best midfielder overall based on the last few seasons. Needs to do much better from here on.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Not a good performance from Fred tonight, but there's a bit of an overreaction considering he's only just returned from Covid.
Absolutely. Same few posters who were gone pretty quiet now coming back strong who are just clearly always waiting for him to make a mistake or have a bad game. Lad comes back from covid and no mention of it. I don’t mind objective posts at all. If someone doesn’t like his game that’s fine. It’s just the same overly aggressive posters are forgetting he was basically carrying us post Ole and at the start of Ralf and then he gets covid and their “totally shite player” rhetoric starts up again. Goldfish memories and then they act like their opinion on football should actually hold some weight when they can’t even objectively remember a month ago.

i feel like certain posters don’t understand a system or what this team lacks without him or someone like Elanga up front. look how we struggled to close games out without any work rate or presence in the middle. They just see the name they don’t like on the team sheet and then wait for a sloppy pass or dispossession and go for it. I bet you guys any money he’ll be a very important player for us for the rest of the season. “Not fit to lace Pogbas boots” “McT is miles better” he’ll keep either one of them out of the team when they are all fully fit.

Ace

So tired of seeing this guy on the team sheet and the landing page of redcafe after every abysmal performance. Every game with this guy in the side is an automatic disadvantage. I genuinely think you could pick a supporter out of the stands and expect the same level of ability on the ball.

git_united

Poor tonight. But it seemed to me that positionally the front 5 were all over the place out of possession and that meant that the good stuff he brings to the team to compensate for his wayward passing was lost.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Amazing to think this guy was our last proper central midfielder signing. So many better midfielders we could've bought instead at the time and since.

ti vu

Woeful.

Very strange that he's regularly called up for Brazil NT. He's just so bad with ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.