Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Lots of every now and then going on! More than most other Utd players.
Indeed. He is not a spectacular midfielder, seriously lacks in certain qualities like shooting or consistent passing, but as a disruptor hes done a great job this season.

If we had the chance to sign a midfielder to replace him, I wouldn't be bothered at all. But as a player to come in and do a job, he sticks to his task well, shown by your post.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Much better this week, used as a squad player his qualities can shine.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
If Fred is one of the worse midfielder in the league as some Cafe members would want people to believe then the league must have a lot of quality midfielder. As I stated many many times on here, I don't understand the criticism of him. We have had much worse and still won the league and cups before

Zoo

Great impact. Clearly under par before recovering from Covid.

edcunited1878

Match winner, buzzing everywhere, etc. Did everything and more in 20 odd minutes that VDB supposedly did against the same team playing 70 minutes.

El Zoido

Not a superstar player, but does a job and can read the game. Made a huge difference after coming on today.

acnumber9

He was very good when he came on. Might be a way to use him when Pogba runs out of steam.

Lecland07

Excellent when he came on. I would place him as second-best player joint with Pogba and Lindelof.

That goal was incredibly important as Leeds were on top at that point.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If Fred is one of the worse midfielder in the league as some Cafe members would want people to believe then the league must have a lot of quality midfielder. As I stated many many times on here, I don't understand the criticism of him. We have had much worse and still won the league and cups before
They are basically fools looking for a scapegoat. No point explaining it to them week after week. They’ll just be straight back when he plays a bad pass or someone gets past him. He’s our most industrial pressing midfielder and he plays a lot of passes. Of course he’s going to be an easy target in a stuttering team. Fans really need to start looking at the bigger picture.

Bobski

He would love to play on that kind of pitch every week....
Yes, his lightness on his feet and burst of pace were so hard to handle. Fergie used to love Giggs on pitches like that because he could just glide were others laboured.

Excellent cameo and it was at the right time with Pogba fading.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
They are basically fools looking for a scapegoat. No point explaining it to them week after week. They’ll just be straight back when he plays a bad pass or someone gets past him. He’s our most industrial pressing midfielder and he plays a lot of passes. Of course he’s going to be an easy target in a stuttering team. Fans really need to start looking at the bigger picture.
Yea, I give it under a month for the narrative to change again :lol:

marktan

He's a player who technically is very good and you can see why he starts for a Brazil team ranked the favourite for the WC. Yes he has bad games but I'm 100% sure if we put a competent DM behind like Casemiro or Fabinho, he'd be a great component of a 3 man midfield. Currently he's being asked to play every single role in midfield at once and it will burn out his legs before long.

CloneMC16

Really, really good when he came on. Fantastic performance. More evidence of him being so much better as a #8.

CloneMC16

A month? They were out in force again during the week after one bad game post covid.
People are certainly reactionary. The people calling him one of the worst players they've ever seen play for us, and being 'Championship standard' are so unbelievably stupid, it's unreal. I assume most clubs have fans like this, and it's not a United fanbase issue.

El Jefe

I give him a lot of shit but that was an impressive performance. Perhaps Ralf is on to something by unleashing him on against tired legs.

Great goal too.

PoTMS

He's played himself into contention for Wednesday. Him and Pogba as our two #8's could be the way to go although not sure where that puts Bruno. False #9?

miked99

Positive, decisive and accurate in every single thing he did today. Brilliant.

Golden Nugget

Brilliant finish - I didn’t expect that at all - I actually burst out in laughter.
Outside of that he was great - helped the midfielder a lot more and was just what we needed against tired legs

Witchking

His passing is still his biggest weakness. He ran with the ball today which was great to see. I like Fred. Decent player and a good person.

-Supreme-

Very good goal.

Always thought we needed a left footed midfielder especially useful in attacking transitions / balance. If that chance fall to any other players then he will probably try to turn back in on his right foot.

GL21

Fantastic cameo today. I feel he can be useful in this role coming off the bench, and only in the more advanced role which he does so much better than deeper. I'm his biggest critic on the cafe but delighted with that today. Same starting line up this Wednesday...maybe same impact from Fred again

Status
Not open for further replies.