5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

Even without his goal, he was great and we've seen him play like that many times.

He's scored some great goals like against Spurs, Palace, and today. Get a proper holding midfielder and there could be a lot of possibilities for him and the team collectively.

lost7

Came on, scored the goal, but then we had a spell for 10 minutes where Leeds dominated possession and he couldn't get too involved. After that, though, he was really excellent both on the ball and off the ball with some good pressing. I honestly think he should start against Atletico alongside McTominay and Pogba. We would have to sacrifice a winger to accomodate Bruno, but I think it'd be worth it

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I give Fred a ton of stick when he's bad so, when he's good, I gotta praise him. A complete 180 from last Tuesday. Pretty much flawless in conditions where you'd think his inconsistency on the ball would be exposed. Long may it continue.

-Supreme-

He makes that outside left run for Brazil a lot
We need more players making thise kind of runs and not always reliant on the FBs.

City do it so often with Foden and Silva (left) and KdB for the right side.

Ekeke

Found his role. Come off the bench for Pogba when he and his opponents are tired 65-70 mins in. Good finish

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Very good today. Needs to come back into the team, Pogba on the wing and Fred back in the box to box role

Teja

Fantastic today, he looks amazing when his pass attempts work out. Some of the turns out of pressure were top class too.

Offsideagain

Can’t be a hypocrite, he scored a great goal today but he’s missed so many others and given the ball away too often. Perhaps a sub in the last 20 minutes if we are winning but no longer a starter. McT was close to being red carded on a few occasions but this was his sort of game, all bustling and physical. Lindelöf was very good I thought. Still fail to see what’s world class about Pogba who lost the ball a few times again.

Stadjer

I was worried about his first touch in this weather but he was excellent. I like Fred, he isnt perfect but isnt anywhere near as bad as some make him out to be.

Elcabron

All these years we have been wondering what is Pogbas best position, should have been wondering what is Fred's.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
All these years we have been wondering what is Pogbas best position, should have been wondering what is Fred's.
Ole and using players incorrectly....

At Shakhtar he was a box to box and more advanced guy. At Brazil he's box to box next to a DM. At United.. we make him the deepest guy :houllier:

CloneMC16

I'd say he has been one of the more consistent ones since Ralf came in. Bar last game which was after catching COVID, his performances and stats have certainly gone up.
He has. As soon as Ole was sacked, he was our best player in 4/5 games in a row. He has mostly been good under Ralf. One of the worst things Ole did was play him as our deepest midfielder.

OmarUnited4ever

Good when he came on, he actually calmed things down and when he had an opportunity he ran towards the box.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I was flabbergasted when Pogba came off and Fred was thrusted on.

But he shut me right up. Great goal and excellent cameo.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So he has 2 assists and 2 goals now in last 5 matches he played ? He is more deployed as attacking midfielder like how he used to play for Shakhtar.

Feck me, we thought he was a DM and he has been deployed as a DM for us, when he could have been a decent backup for Bruno. But the clowns who manage us went and signed a 40m player to act as a backup to Bruno and he is loaned out now. Heads should roll !

See as soon as we have a competent manager in place, he knew what his best position is.

I was worried about his first touch in this weather but he was excellent. I like Fred, he isnt perfect but isnt anywhere near as bad as some make him out to be.
Same, I thought his preference for quick passing would be a mistake in that weather but he was excellent. Easily our best all round midfielder.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He has. As soon as Ole was sacked, he was our best player in 4/5 games in a row. He has mostly been good under Ralf. One of the worst things Ole did was play him as our deepest midfielder.
Exactly that, hes better on the press in the middle rather than sweeping across the back 4. He gets too much shit in this forum for what he actually does.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Can’t be a hypocrite, he scored a great goal today but he’s missed so many others and given the ball away too often. Perhaps a sub in the last 20 minutes if we are winning but no longer a starter. McT was close to being red carded on a few occasions but this was his sort of game, all bustling and physical. Lindelöf was very good I thought. Still fail to see what’s world class about Pogba who lost the ball a few times again.
Surely that's a wind up...

Valencia Shin Crosses

So he has 2 assists and 2 goals now in last 5 matches he played ? He is more deployed as attacking midfielder like how he used to play for Shakhtar.

Feck me, we thought he was a DM and he has been deployed as a DM for us, when he could have been a decent backup for Bruno. But the clowns who manage us went and signed a 40m player to act as a backup to Bruno and he is loaned out now. Heads should roll !

See as soon as we have a competent manager in place, he knew what his best position is.
Yeah I mean I think he's basically Ander Herrera but with bit less passing quality but a better dribbler. Energetic, pressing style 8 that is best suited for man marking and transitional style games. Ironically I think he'd be class in that Leeds team with how they like to play.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Was very very good when he came on and got a vital goal at a turning point during the game.

arnie_ni

Almost slide a class through ball into Bruno in between cb and lb as well.

He could have took the easy pass and played it outside the lb to Brunos feet but he seen the gap down the middle and almost found him to put him 1v1 with the keeper.

I dont care it didn't come off if he's trying passes thatl create chances like that

bugmat

Another quality display by Fred. You could see last week he was rusty and not match fit due to the covid bout. He and Elanga changed the game when it was about to get away from us.

BlueHaze

I'm one of his biggest critics but credit where it's due. He scored a cracking goal today and didn't give the ball away constantly like in most games. His biggest problem is constantly losing the ball being disposessed and passing it away to the opposition many times where the simplest pass can be made to a teammate.

Bwuk

He was never a #6. Mind boggling that we tried to play him there.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'm one of his biggest critics but credit where it's due. He scored a cracking goal today and didn't give the ball away constantly like in most games. His biggest problem is constantly losing the ball being disposessed and passing it away to the opposition many times where the simplest pass can be made to a teammate.
He’s consistently in the late 80% for passing accuracy.

Mistruths propagated about Fred on here over the years.
He loses the ball way more than other midfielders
One footed
Only plays safe passes
Isn’t creative.
Only there because he presses.
Isn’t PL quality
Shouldn’t be starting for Brazil.

His pressing is and has been a huge weapon in maximising Bruno’s impact since he’s come in if everything comes off or not. He’s also been fit very often. Regularly puts in lots more work and passes than his supposedly more talented teammates and opposite numbers and has now added creativity when our team was badly lacking in it.

Criminally underrated and mistreated by fans and pundits who still don’t understand why a team like Liverpool are doing so well without star midfielders or why city can play hardworking playmakers in there. The whole concept of workrate and pressing being a creative tool in itself goes over way too many heads in here for people who fancy themselves as hardcore football fans. He was always either a step in the right direction or a Hail Mary to bring a more pressing industrious style that wasn’t ever really backed up afterwards. It’s just the club and rest of the team is finally catching on to what we need to do now and he’s finally showing what kind of useful all round player he is in the correct position and system

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Very underrated amongst united fans - Good player who will get ridiculed if he has a bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.