Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

:lol: :lol:

He’s been our best midfielder the last two seasons you loon
When Fred plays, we generally win. He’s had some big moments this season like winning the penalty against Arsenal, the pass to Elanga and today to ultimately win us the game. Thats now 3 excellent goals and 4 or 5 assists this season from deep midfield. Not bad for someone who can’t shot or pass Eh?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
When Fred plays, we generally win. He’s had some big moments this season like winning the penalty against Arsenal, the pass to Elanga and today to ultimately win us the game. Thats now 3 excellent goals and 4 or 5 assists this season from deep midfield. Not bad for someone who can’t shot or pass.
Pushing him up the pitch and sharing the defensive grunt work is letting him off the chain. He’s a deadly little link up player with either foot. A pain in the ass to play against who often triggers our press. Important goals and assists now too. Delighted for him. One of the first names on the team sheet when everyone is fit. Bet he starts in Madrid.

Dante

Average bang
He's my second favourite character in the squad (after Rashford, naturally). Glad he did well today. Rocket of a shot. Not sure he meant to place it there, but neither did Rodrigo.

Litch

Pushing him up the pitch and sharing the defensive grunt work is letting him off the chain. He’s a deadly little link up player with either foot. A pain in the ass to play against who often triggers our press. Important goals and assists now too. Delighted for him. One of the first names on the team sheet when everyone is fit. Bet he starts in Madrid.
Agree. What is also forgotten about him, if you look over his career here, his best performances are often the biggest games.

Abraxas

You just know what will happen is as soon as he has an average or poor game a huge section of fans will again be out for his head and making ridiculous claims. We've heard the lot, that he's simply shit, that James Garner is better than him?!

It's been a consistent theme for him even though he's been our reliable midfielder ever since he adjusted to life at Utd, which admittedly took some time. Not sure why there are such distorted views. He's not one of the world's best, no, but of his type he's very good. There aren't loads out there you could immediately swap him for that have the same skillset.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fantastic when he came on. Does he start against Atletico with Pogba pushed onto one of the wings?

Dante

Average bang
Fantastic when he came on. Does he start against Atletico with Pogba pushed onto one of the wings?
I've not watched Atletico much, but I think it will depend on how narrow or wide they like to play.

I'd like to see AWB start at RB with an objective to singlehandedly shutdown the rightwing. Today would have been his audition for the CL game midweek - and, at the very least, he did okay off the ball. That should then free up Pogba to play more central in a 4222. The worry is that it might be a dangerous tactic if Atletico are the type of team that consistently doubles up on the flanks.

The 'Pogba as winger' experiment was an Ole thing. Not convinced that Rangnick would go for it. Will be interesting to see how it pans out either way.

In any case, McFred should be starting in midfield away in Europe.

Real Name

Had a great cameo. Usually he's very good and instrumental for our play but gets ton of criticism.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His flaws get picked apart far too often. He's a solid player.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He should have actually passed it back to Ronaldo. I know he scored it, but it was a tight angle and you can't always get the placing and power right, like he did yesterday.

Ronaldo was completely free and Fred was on his left foot. It's an easy cut back.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
One of his best attribute is his ability to turn and dribble which creates good attacking situation, this is something he is very good at. His sub changed the game, I thought Pogba was best player in first half and it was poor decision to take him off but Fred changed the game. As usual his work rate was very good and played very well.

Under RR, he is playing very well (he played well under Ole too), he shouldn't be our deepest CM. Playing him in box to box role where he can make attacking runs, press by leaving his position is the best way to play him.

OmarUnited4ever

You just know what will happen is as soon as he has an average or poor game a huge section of fans will again be out for his head and making ridiculous claims. We've heard the lot, that he's simply shit, that James Garner is better than him?!

It's been a consistent theme for him even though he's been our reliable midfielder ever since he adjusted to life at Utd, which admittedly took some time. Not sure why there are such distorted views. He's not one of the world's best, no, but of his type he's very good. There aren't loads out there you could immediately swap him for that have the same skillset.
He always plays with 110% effort, and he has an amazing engine, that is one thing I will never fault, he is also brave in the way he plays (he goes for tackles/tussles, comes deep to receive the ball while under pressure, etc...)

However, I think he is not a starting 11 quality for team aiming to win titles, but he can be a reliable squad option that can come off the pitch or be a temporary starter to cover someone else.

marktan

Badly, badly need a DM in behind him. Then he'll be able to play a similar role to what he does for Brazil. Currently he's too often having to cover for both Bruno and Mctominay in midfield.

Real Name

He should have actually passed it back to Ronaldo. I know he scored it, but it was a tight angle and you can't always get the placing and power right, like he did yesterday.

Ronaldo was completely free and Fred was on his left foot. It's an easy cut back.
Strange take this one.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a funny player Fred. You can tell almost instantly whether he's going to be having 1 of those days, or be extremely good.

Within his first couple touches you could see his control was there, he was spinning players and running off them, passing all very tight.

What a finish too :lol: I can't help but love the guy.

Corridor of Uncertainty

fecking hell, are you really using that stick to beat him with?

The way Ronaldo has been playing (and he was non-existent yesterday) he would have probably fluffed it.

Suv666

3 goals and 3 assists so far is a decent output for a CM.
Has all the attributes needed to become a top midfielder. If he can iron out the silly mistakes he makes has the potential to be a valuable player.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
His last two performances sum him up. Night and day. Was excellent yesterday.

bond19821982

fecking hell, are you really using that stick to beat him with?

The way Ronaldo has been playing (and he was non-existent yesterday) he would have probably fluffed it.
Yes , is that a problem? I already posted about his performance. Whether Ronaldo misses or not , isn't the question. How can we get the best is what matters.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Playing well lately is Fred. Took his goal well and seems really happy. Any guy who get consistently picked for Brazil has to be better than we give him credit for.

I wouldn’t fancy playing MF in front of Harry, it would be a scary place knowing that you are probably the last real line of defence.

Speaks volumes and it has been the same trend for the last couple of seasons

captaincantona

Badly, badly need a DM in behind him. Then he'll be able to play a similar role to what he does for Brazil. Currently he's too often having to cover for both Bruno and Mctominay in midfield.
But then you have him in there instead of either Pogba or Bruno. Against fodder like Leeds...Pogba and Bruno all day. Maybe he gets into the team ahead of Bruno against better opposition where we need to hold on to whatever possession we get and be more disciplined with when we go for the jugular.

He iskey to the squad though and love his attitude even when he is having a mare! I also liked the way that earlier in the season, when it seemed everyone was having a go and was unhappy, Fred made a rare statement on social media confirming his happiness at the club and desire to coninute doing his best for us.It’s a small thing but it’s endearing.

Red Rash

Fred played really well in his cameo and is a very likeable player. However I think the criticism he sometimes receives is justified. When you play for Man Utd in midfield you need to have a certain level of first touch and passing which usually he is very inconsistent with.

That being said he has great energy and works hard for the team.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Just bore off dude. If you have something, post it. If not stay away.
Are you really suggesting the cut back is the easiest option? Not only does he have to get in between the 2 players, he also has to squeeze it past the Leeds player that has already closed him down and cut out the angle. Not impossible, but let's not pretend he has an eye for a pass either.

bond19821982

Are you really suggesting the cut back is the easiest option? Not only does he have to get in between the 2 players, he also has to squeeze it past the Leeds player that has already closed him down and cut out the angle. Not impossible, but let's not pretend he has an eye for a pass either.

Fair point, but I think he had only one thing in his mind though. That's to take a shot. As soon as he received it, boom.
Yes, it went in but if it was saved we would be talking about how he is aimlessly trying to shoot it when he could have had a pass. Let's be honest, it's not exactly a shooting angle that will end up as a goal.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The really promising thing about him in this system (besides the all action midfield work) and you can see by the screen shot above. Ralf actually has us organised. When Pogba or Fred or Lindelof or whoever go up a full back or two will tuck in. So simple, so basic but it closes the door on overly simple counters. In attack be relentless energy wise but smart with numbers, defend and press as a tight unit. All these things will help Fred massively in his box to box role.

I really wouldn’t be surprised to see him pop up with more goals and assists as he regularly gets into decent areas in the middle and on the left to be the extra man. He has a powerful shot on him and can link or ping a pass much better than he’s been given credit for.

Underrated good all round footballer and seems like a classy dude who is happy to keep doing the hard work, unlike too many others over the last few years.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Fair point, but I think he had only one thing in his mind though. That's to take a shot. As soon as he received it, boom.
Yes, it went in but if it was saved we would be talking about how he is aimlessly trying to shoot it when he could have had a pass. Let's be honest, it's not exactly a shooting angle that will end up as a goal.
Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.