5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

Immense today. When he is on like that (a rarity but still), he's a joy to watch.

DeGea’sFeet

Peoples opinion of him are mostly based on the old Fred. The Fred since Rangnick has arrived has been a good CM, with today being a very very good performance.

TheMitz

I've been a big critic of him but today he was pure class. Brilliant performance

Telsim

One of the few players I'd keep from this squad. Always puts a shift in, never complains. He has been consistently played out of position due to our limited squad. I really want to see him paired with a class DM, so he can have a bit more freedom going forward.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Put some respect in his name. Partner him with mobile DM and he will be a beast. Seems like he is picking his moments to press as well and not be headless chicken like before. Rangnick effect?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Strangely enough, for the first 10 minutes I thought he didn't look as lively and energetic as he normally does. Then he stepped up a couple of gears and dominated.

It's certainly not 100%, but his ratio of good games is unsurprisingly much higher when he's played in his actual correct position. He's spent almost his entire time at the club being played out of position as more of a deep-lying midfielder, and people then hold that against him. It's always been quite obvious that he should be getting played in the position that he's mostly played since Rangnick took over, with an actual proper deep-lying midfielder next to him.

Manny

Grammar Police
Fantastic today. Seemed to walk away with the ball anytime it was near him.

Glorio

What a game from Fred! Not sure how he can be so erratic on some days.

united for life

When he’s having a good game, he’s really good. When not at his best, he gets lots of stick from fans. He is a decent player, i can not see him as a long term starter in a united team that hopes to compete for titles; however, he is a good player to have - good squad player that is. Played really well today. His pass for the first goal reminded me he is Brazilian

A-man

one of his best matches at United. Hope it continues like this.

Ekeke

Are you trying to say that’s Fred fault.

He was brilliant today and really is an asset to this squad. 2nd best player on the park?
Not his alone, but between him and Matic (who like Fred played a nice pass)

Sancho was far better

matt23

Hahaha what a game.

I can't argue with people that don't rate him, but I absolutely love him. He's a uniquely talented player but has been a poor fit for us mostly.

led_scholes

Our best player after Ronaldo. It's a pity we didn't score some of his counter attacks. He did get a nice assist though.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not his alone, but between him and Matic (who like Fred played a nice pass)

Sancho was far better
Fred outstanding and some will still complain.

Its pathetic how some of you behave with certain players.

High tempo games like that he's as good as anyone. If it wasn't for the hattrick he would be man of the match, and he was largely responsible for it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
His best performance for United, in my opinion.

Even with his good games he is still liable to produce 2 or 3 brain farts but he was more or less flawless today.

Tragically Hip

I love these type of hardworking and composed performances. If he was about three inches taller so his little legs could get those balls/tackles he juuust misses, he could be world class.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've criticised him often, but he was fantastic today and his energy and tenacity was absolutely crucial towards the win.

Trequarista10

Peoples opinion of him are mostly based on the old Fred. The Fred since Rangnick has arrived has been a good CM, with today being a very very good performance.
Yeah he's largely been very good. He's usually (always?) been the most advanced CM under Ralf which suits him better. Especially when paired with a genuine holding mid like Matic, even though Matic can't run.

Hopefully we'll never again see the days of Fred as a DM. And after this summer, hopefully we'll never see McTominay as a DM either. They're both box to box midfielders and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.