g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fred | Manchester United Player | For Reals

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
All the reports say he's signed the contract. Both clubs might also be waiting for the new financial year.
Yeah I believe he's signed but with the rushed manner in which we got him in to sign and do a medical, I thought the hold up would be that we've got not managed to get his media stuff done. I thought work permits are usually resolved quite quickly, so to still not have heard anything after a week is strange.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Yeah I believe he's signed but with the rushed manner in which we got him in to sign and do a medical, I thought the hold up would be that we've got not managed to get his media stuff done. I thought work permits are usually resolved quite quickly, so to still not have heard anything after a week is strange.
I think the issue with permits is only straight forward if the player has played in 25% of international games in the past year. I'm not sure if Fred has. But I think it's a bit more complex if the player doesn't fall into that category. I can't remember clearly.

edcunited1878

He is a United player. Just too many wums and muppets on here who get in their own way.

The mods and users who update title threads are always up to date. The title of this thread wouldn't have changed if Fred wasn't a Manchester United player.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
To be honest:

Fred is a player which probably no one knows if and how he will adjust to the prem...

But I would like to pose a questions in regard to this - to which player would you compare Fred to?

Just asking because I can‘t make a real connection to a big player who plays the same as him... anyone have an idea?
Kante is probably the more similar player in the PL. Fred has better passing though. (Fernandinho share some similarities too)

Considering how much success Kante (or fernandinho) has bringed to his clubs, I think we can expect a similar impact from Fred.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm sure manchester united lawyers would certify that before a deal of this magnitude is done and dusted.

Come on, we're not that bad. When was the last time a paid deal broke due to working permit

deafepl

I'm sure manchester united lawyers would certify that before a deal of this magnitude is done and dusted.

Come on, we're not that bad. When was the last time a paid deal broke due to working permit
Sergej Milinković-Savić's brother, I think, he couldn't play for us due to working permit even though he had signed a contract with us.

SprayingErmine6

Just saw the picture Fred posted on his Instagram profile - looks like he is fine as far as his injury goes :D

Let‘s hope he does not overdo it and makes it worse...

JMack1234

Any idea why the unveiling is taking so long? Trouble with his permit?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I admit I do not know the criteria for permits but it seems nonsense that a current Brazil International currently at the World Cup would need an appeal.

Adisa

What is so hard about those things?
Speculating here. I am increasingly convinced it has to do with either his doping case or a conviction no one knows about. Usually, there's the initial application which is a standard process and if everything is in order, he gets his permit easily. If there are problems the initial application has to be rejected because it's only during an appeal the home office can hear the specifics of the case.
I suspect that's what has happened here. The club seems confident he will get his VISA so I don't think there's anything to be worried about.

Adisa

I admit I do not know the criteria for permits but it seems nonsense that a current Brazil International currently at the World Cup would need an appeal.
Yes, the process is straightforward for an international. Once you've played in at least 25% of international games in the past year, you get your permit.
Fred has been found guilty of doping, which probably puts him in the special category.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Let's not forget that the Immigration Office where they process the permits is based in Liverpool....

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Yes, the process is straightforward for an international. Once you've played in at least 25% of international games in the past year, you get your permit.
Fred has been found guilty of doping, which probably puts him in the special category.
I see thank you.

wolvored

The papers are saying that he hasnt agreed personal terms which is a bit more serious. Seems hes not so keen to come at all costs after all. Maybe another team sniffing around?

Adisa

The papers are saying that he hasnt agreed personal terms which is a bit more serious. Seems hes not so keen to come at all costs after all. Maybe another team sniffing around?
Bull. Done his medical and done interviews.

TheReligion

Abusive
Source?

Seems like rubbish given how he was delighted and congratulated by his international colleagues when the deal was done.

Bestietom

It is only a small matter they say and will be sorted this coming week. Permit is through now.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
At the very least the core aspects of the contract has been agreed. He's probably still to pick what Chevy he wants. Even the MEN article you've quoted says there are no concerns. Hardly serious. The fact one of your sources is The Daily Star says it all really.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If that was true he wouldn't have posted on his own instagram that he was "proud to be a red" or whatever he said. It's done, chill.

wolvored

If that was true he wouldn't have posted on his own instagram that he was "proud to be a red" or whatever he said. It's done, chill.
Like you I thought this was done a fortnight ago. Whats making it stretch out is what I was surprised about, if it is personal issues.

el3mel

We wouldn't have announced an official agreement if it wasn't over. The rest are probably just routine work.

Fer

I just remember that I saw Fred play in the Champions League in a midfield of 2. But, is he better as No.6 or No.8?