Fred | Manchester United Player | For Reals

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Media mathematics would have included his wages for the next 5 years, the cost of the car he was driven to Carrington in, the annual salary of the doctor who carried out the medical, all the machinery used and the electricity costs for the day the examination took place.

Plus the biro he signs the contract with.
That only happens when a rival club leaks the contract details because they are bitter about being snubbed :cool:

Fosu-Mens

Which midfielder, who could have improved us like Fred does as you stated, should United have signed for LESS than £45m then?
JM Seri(£35m?) for one. Do not know the pricetag Thiago has at the moment, but rather spend £60m on him, compared to the rumored £45m-£55m for Fred.
The Fred signing just does not excite me, even though he improves the team. As this is my personal opinion, i can understand that other people find this signing to be ideal or exciting.
Other interesting players(personal opinion) would be Lucas Torreira(£22,5m clause), Tanguy Ndombele (below £35m seems realistic), Julian Draxler and Ruben Neves.
These players could improve us, or be sh*t or become a squad players. Same "uncertainty" that comes with most transfers.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
You a big fan of the Ukrainian league then Daniel?
Boo-hoo.

Shakhtar are hardly a small club, and he's been there for 5 seasons playing CL football and had 8 caps for Brazil. Hardly an unknown quantity.

Nick7

compared to the rumored £45m-£55m for Fred.
why did you do this again? Why did you increase your bullshit number from your first post? We know how much he cost, what are you playing at? Are you that desperate to make it look a bad transfer?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Boo-hoo.

Shakhtar are hardly a small club, and he's been there for 5 seasons playing CL football and had 8 caps for Brazil. Hardly an unknown quantity.
Yes but have you been watching him in the league for 5 seasons?

IrishRedDevil

JM Seri(£35m?) for one. Do not know the pricetag Thiago has at the moment, but rather spend £60m on him, compared to the rumored £45m-£55m for Fred.
The Fred signing just does not excite me, even though he improves the team. As this is my personal opinion, i can understand that other people find this signing to be ideal or exciting.
Other interesting players(personal opinion) would be Lucas Torreira(£22,5m clause), Tanguy Ndombele (below £35m seems realistic), Julian Draxler and Ruben Neves.
These players could improve us, or be sh*t or become a squad players. Same "uncertainty" that comes with most transfers.
It was £45m, so stop using +£10m on the Fred fee. If you do, then add +£10m intervals to all your figures above and at least be consistent about it.

Thiago is getting a lot of negative press by Bayern fans. I assume you watch Bayern regularly since you suggest him? When Bayern are open to selling a player, generally alarm bells ring.

Saying Fred doesn’t excite you then listing Torreira and Ndombele as alternative is slightly bizarre. Draxler is an attacking midfielder, not and energetic box to box player like Fred so that alternative doesn’t make much sense.

Neves seems to be a good little player, but since Wolves have a very rich owner and are back in the PL he would probably cost £40-50m. Not any cheaper than Fred.

cyberman

Boo-hoo.

We bought Pogba from Juve, an ex player and this forum hadn't a clue as to how he plays.
We still don't. I think that's part of the problem, we didn't know what we were buying

Fer

It was £45m, so stop using +£10m on the Fred fee. If you do, then add +£10m intervals to all your figures above and at least be consistent about it.

Thiago is getting a lot of negative press by Bayern fans. I assume you watch Bayern regularly since you suggest him? When Bayern are open to selling a player, generally alarm bells ring.

Saying Fred doesn’t excite you then listing Torreira and Ndombele as alternative is slightly bizarre. Draxler is an attacking midfielder, not and energetic box to box player like Fred so that alternative doesn’t make much sense.

Neves seems to be a good little player, but since Wolves have a very rich owner and are back in the PL he would probably cost £40-50m. Not any cheaper than Fred.
I would have been happy with Kroos and Douglas Costa in our team.

But you are right, players like Badstuber, Weiser, Can, Gotze, Shaqiri, Mandzukic, etc are not world class.

Draxler and Neves sound exciting, but they are not what we need right now. We need someone energetic as you mentioned, A young Vidal/Modric would have been great, there are some midfielders with those qualities like Kovacic, Seri, Keita, Fred, Verrati and even Thiago.

IMO Fred is not meant to be exciting, but he could bring balance to our midfield so Pogba can be the exciting one. We need Pogba to improve his game to be our own Eriksen/KDB... and signing Fred is a step forward to that direction.

What we need now, it's to improve our LB and RW positions. Also, I hope Sanchez starts to be the player we need in our attack.

cyril C

Oh yea, anyone but the Club signing. Are you an Agent lose out on a deal? Every player come with a risk. And even for players previously playing in EPL, we had Mata, Schnederlin, Shaw, they don't meet expectation neither.

Fosu-Mens

Seen numbers ranging from £45m to £52m as the transfer fee over the last week(s). As you state it has been confirmed(?) that it is closer to the former of those two numbers.

Some Bayern fans were not that happy with Costa some time ago if i recall correctly. It goes both ways, and even though they are german, they can be wrong.

Saying Fred does not excite me, was a personal opinion, as stated. Torreira and Ndombele are younger players that i, personally, find entertaining to watch. And it is in general exciting to watch young players develope in your club, and maybe become great players. Draxler has played in a midfield trio for PSG this season. And he has abilities to be played as a B2B midfielder, albeit an attacking one.

Mr Bridger

Sorry if I've missed it, does he have a shirt number yet? Was looking at the 3rd kit for my lad.
Cheers.

gr3yham3

Sorry if I've missed it, does he have a shirt number yet? Was looking at the 3rd kit for my lad.
Cheers.
Nope not yet. Even Dalot does not have a confirmed one. Shirt numbers are only confirmed later in the year, just before the season starts, no?

One more thing about Fred is how comfy he seems to be with his right foot - two-footed players are really hard to find these days.

Mr Bridger

Nope not yet. Even Dalot does not have a confirmed one. Shirt numbers are only confirmed later in the year, just before the season starts, no?

One more thing about Fred is how comfy he seems to be with his right foot - two-footed players are really hard to find these days.
Cheers mate, will hang fire then.

SprayingErmine6

To be honest:

Fred is a player which probably no one knows if and how he will adjust to the prem...

But I would like to pose a questions in regard to this - to which player would you compare Fred to?

Just asking because I can‘t make a real connection to a big player who plays the same as him... anyone have an idea?

yo@Kirk

Dalot is also very two-footed. New top scout Javier Ribalta has made that an important part of his player evaluations, I believe.

ArjenIsM3

Is Fred officially our player? I know we announced an agreement with Shakthar a while back but has Fred himself signed with us? Still haven't seen any pictures of him in a United shirt. Seems to me there's still a small chance the deal could fall through. Hoping I'm wrong here.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Is Fred officially our player? I know we announced an agreement with Shakthar a while back but has Fred himself signed with us? Still haven't seen any pictures of him in a United shirt. Seems to me there's still a small chance the deal could fall through. Hoping I'm wrong here.
Calm down, you have been following Liverpool's transfers too closely.

Bjorn

What’s the reason for the lack of official photos and a ”real” announcement like the Dalot announcement? Does anyone know?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What’s the reason for the lack of official photos and a ”real” announcement like the Dalot announcement? Does anyone know?
He had to focus on the world cup with Brazil and didn't have the time to mess about with photoshoots and interviews. That would be my guess.

gr3yham3

World Cup commitments in addition to delays due to work permit issues and stuff.

dove

He definitely is. We are probably just waiting for stuff like work permit before fully announcing him.

CA1

He had to focus on the world cup with Brazil and didn't have the time to mess about with photoshoots and interviews. That would be my guess.
He has done the photo's, it's the work permit stuff we're waiting on. Should be a formality but a Brazillian working in Ukraine may need a bit more time.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We are waiting for his international clearance.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You sure about that? Feels like it's took a lot longer than usual.
All the reports say he's signed the contract. Both clubs might also be waiting for the new financial year.

CA1

All the reports say he's signed the contract. Both clubs might also be waiting for the new financial year.
Nah, it's definitley just work permit stuff.

We'll see more soon, no need to panic.

Pictures and interview already done. The contracts have been signed.