Fred | Manchester United Player | For Reals

Josep Dowling

I have never understood how a football player earning millions struggles to get a work permit in this country.

Bestietom

They say the work permit is sorted now, it is just contract agreement with the player. Sorted this week they say. Castles Report.

Last edited:

NinjaFletch

Probably work permit, he doesn’t have many caps for Brazil so maybe that’s what is taking the time?
I have never understood how a football player earning millions struggles to get a work permit in this country.
They don't, really.

He doesn't reach the initial criteria of the percentage of games played for Brazil, I don't think. But the money being spent on Fred almost automatically qualifies him on appeal:

The appeals process is a points based system under which the panel will award points depending on the circumstances of the transfer. If a player scores four points or more, the panel may recommend that the application is granted. Nonetheless, the panel can still reject the application even if four or more points are scored.

Criteria Points
The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is in the top 25% of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows 3 points
The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is between the 50th and 75th % of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows 2 points
The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club is in the top 25% of the top 30 earners at the club 3 points
The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club are between the 50th and 75th % of all the top 30 earners at the club 2 points
The player’s current club is in a Top League and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes 1 point
The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of the Champions League, Europa League or the Copa Libertadores within the last 12 months and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes 1 point
He would hit all of the financial ones, and the CL criteria, so it really wouldn't be an issue.

I remember around 1994 that we agreed to sign a Brazilian CB called Silva, I even have a programme with a picture of him on the front, but he didn’t meet the criteria, and ultimately we didn’t sign him. I assume we would have a much better understanding of the system these days. It used to be that you had to play 75% of international matches over the past 2 years to automatically qualify.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They say the work permit is sorted now, it is just contract agreement with the player. Sorted this week they say. Castles Report.
Applying for a work permit before contractual agreement with the player?
Sounds odd to me.

Alfie092

Any updates on his injury and the official announcement that he has signed for United?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
United spreading out official announcements, not a good sign for those expecting 5 signings.
They’re going to confirm it when it’s finalised. We’re not Liverpool.

el3mel

Hang on. I thought he was already signed.
What the hell happened since he signed for us? Did he un-sign and now needs to be re-signed?
We didn't announce it officially due to work permit. We only announced that we reached agreement.

Jonno

Because he is a United player.
Are you Fred's agent or are you just guessing, based on what the media is telling you?

He hasn't officially signed a contract. He hasn't officially agreed terms, he hasn't officially had his work permit through, he hasn't officially even applied for his work permit. We are officially at the 'fee agreed' stage.

I thought the rules on this forum were that a player would have to officially be announced by the club before opening a "Manchester United Player" thread.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Are you Fred's agent or are you just guessing, based on what the media is telling you?

He hasn't officially signed a contract. He hasn't officially agreed terms, he hasn't officially had his work permit through, he hasn't officially even applied for his work permit. We are officially at the 'fee agreed' stage.

I thought the rules on this forum were that a player would have to officially be announced by the club before opening a "Manchester United Player" thread.
Does it really matter?

Jonno

Does it really matter?
On a forum as reputable as RedCafe, posting factually incorrect threads does matter, yes. This thread should still be in the transfer forum.

Agree Fee > Agree personal terms > Obtain work permit > physically sign > instagram release a video of him & Fred the Red tap dancing on Elton John's piano.

So far we've.... Agreed the fee.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
On a forum as reputable as RedCafe, posting factually incorrect threads does matter, yes. This thread should still be in the transfer forum.

Agree Fee > Agree personal terms > Obtain work permit > physically sign > instagram release a video of him & Fred the Red tap dancing on Elton John's piano.

No, it doesn't. Move on.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Hopefully Manutd and fred won't sue redcafe and @Rado_N

Nick7

I like how you think you know all of that.