g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fredge | Deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah man, in their stupid faces! His willingness to embrace short players totally makes up for cowardly displays against Seville and Chelsea.
Yep we would have done better if everybody was 5ft 8 so I get where you’re coming from...

Saf94

Yeah man, in their stupid faces! His willingness to embrace short players totally makes up for cowardly displays against Seville and Chelsea.
What was so cowardly about the Chelsea game? One team defended with 10 men and the other did not so how do you go about figuring that we were the cowardly ones?

If we were the ones camped in our box all game sure but we weren’t...

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Fred would indicate to me Mourinhobis willing to adapt to the changes in the game instead of sticking with building a squad of giants. I have only seen Fred play a few times but I think stylistically what he provides is alot of what we're missing to increase the tempo of our passing and as am active destroyer in midfield capable of winning the ball back higher up the pitch.
He didnt just have strong giants, Ramirez was of average height but pretty lanky and just ran around a lot. Fred is as dynamic can also tackle and pass the ball with great feet, he`s a mix of Ramirez and Fabregas basically, but we also have a different set of midfielders now, Pogba and Matic are tall and strong enough but we desperately need someone dynamic, I think Mourinho must see that too

AR87

He didnt just have strong giants, Ramirez was of average height but pretty lanky and just ran around a lot. Fred is as dynamic can also tackle and pass the ball with great feet, he`s a mix of Ramirez and Fabregas basically, but we also have a different set of midfielders now, Pogba and Matic are tall and strong enough but we desperately need someone dynamic, I think Mourinho must see that too
Yep. That's a fair point as others have pointed out. I always think of guys like Khedira, Motta, Matic, Pogba, Fellaini etc. who are bigger CMs, but he definitely has a record of mixing silk and dynamism in his midfields so it's an unfair judgment on my part probably.

Cliche Guevara

Yep. That's a fair point as others have pointed out. I always think of guys like Khedira, Motta, Matic, Pogba, Fellaini etc. who are bigger CMs, but he definitely has a record of mixing silk and dynamism in his midfields so it's an unfair judgment on my part probably.
Your opinion has been actively destroyed!

Nick.

I don't know much about Fred, what will he bring to us that we don't already have?

Sterling Archer

Is he in the Brazil WC squad? Starter?

If we do sign him, will be my first real chance to see what he is about

EyeInTheSky

I have only seen his televised games in CL and his highlight reels. Things I like are:

• A good number of intercepts due to spatial awareness and positioning intelligence
  • Absolutely sublime layoffs and through balls
  • very agile both in the run and dribble
  • Very quick feet
  • looks like he has a high work rate
  • Can find a dink/pass through the eye of a needle when he is in trouble or surrounded by a culdesac of players
  • World class heading ability
Things I don't like:

Marouane Fellaini.

Only kidding, his heading is pretty average.

Devil may care

We desperately need a playmaker in midfield, the balance is way off with an erratic AM and a fairly immobile DM, on top of that if we want an energetic CM there are better out there than Fred, his technique and control is too loose IMO.

You don't want him either?
No, I think the fullback's and CB we are linked with are good choices, the CM's and attackers are the complete opposite.

CA1

I really want him watching 4-6 reels of him and seeing his two games vs City this season.

It's a cliche on here and it's a matter of opinion but I do believe "he's exactly what we need"

I've said for a while we need a diminutive player in the middle, who can scoot with the ball and get out of tight situations. Modric is my ultimate but I look at Fred and see some good qualities. Even in that 2013 video, against us at OT you can see the qualities he has.

He could be the type of player where everyone will point to his stats and say "not many goals, assists or key passes" but we need the link man. Pogba's the middle man who needs to supply the final moments. We need a player in the middle who will attract opposition players to him to close him down but have the ability to wriggle away, keep the ball and get the ball to the front players in more space.

Matic
Fred Pogba

Looks balanced to me.

The issue of us having the full backs to provide width and the issue of establishing a good understanding between a front three would still need to be worked on.

Charles Miller

You'd think Brazil has turned into Spain. A bench midfield of Fernandinho, Fred and Renato Augosto!
Spain and German have better options than Brazil in the midfield(to control games).

Tite refused to call Jorginho so hes playing for Italy now. Fabinho was not named, i dont know why. And Arthur is out because he was injured for months.

I believe Arthur-Jorginho-Fabinho would be better than this current Brazilian midfield.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We desperately need a playmaker in midfield, the balance is way off with an erratic AM and a fairly immobile DM, on top of that if we want an energetic CM there are better out there than Fred, his technique and control is too loose IMO.
Do you like any player we are linked with?

SammyUnited_83

Could be a few apologies for Mr Luckhurst, who printed this a few days ago, and was slated by many on here.

MUFC OK

He passes the ball forward. He's agile. He's not Fellaini. he's what we need.

BlueHaze

Sky saying a deal is close, but then again sky are full of shit.

Is he any good and is he what we need?
I've watched him quite a lot, and not rubbish youtube vids, I mean real games, feckin hell even Bebe looked like Ronaldo on youtube. In my opinion yes, he is good, not anything super special but he has good vision of what goes on around him, good at finding those cut through passes, has a decent shot.

There is 100% room for improvement though so depending on the price I'd say this would be a good signing, unless Jose is planning on making him another defensive mid, then I'd say it is a waste of money. He does best going forward, of the ball he runs a lot, but defensively, not really the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.