Fredge | Deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas

Looking forward to seeing him. Not my first choice, but a better option than SMS for me.
Doesn't sound like much, in the current market, a bit of a bargain?
You expected a player from the Ukrainian league to cost more?

Cloud7

Is that United or Shaktar interested in Mandzukic/Arnautovic?

Nick7

Regarding the fanboi comment, it was quite childish and generally doesn't give them a good perception when they start churning out news.

Im not saying he's a not credible whatsoever like Philip De Brun or whoever, but he's generally a bit of a dick and I don't think he has as good a record as the likes of Di Marzio.
I'd be ticked off if I got the abuse he got on twitter to be honest. There's a lot of impatient, impolite United fans on twitter. We do have a lot of fanbois who care more about how much money we spend than how we do on the pitch.

He probably doesn't have as good a record as Di Marzio, but he's decently reliable. If he says we are interested in a player, I would generally believe we are. Doesn't mean we definitely will sign that player.

izec

Knew we would buy him, people dismiss too soon a rumour when the agent or player speak publicly about a move. That was the case under Fergie, not necessarily nowadays anymore

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I saw an interesting discussion between the 'wise heads' on the Sunday Supplement. The experienced journos expressed a huge degree of sympathy for their juniors, it's a new world and unfortunately they are pressured to get stuff on the website, that generates traffic, that in turn gets in the ££'s. The experienced guys work on the big stories, and are given plenty of time to back up what they say.

That's his job, it's what he is told to do, so I find it hard to have a go at someone for it.
I'm not having a go at him. Luckhurst picked this story up once Sam Lee confirmed that Fred was potentially on the move to City in January. Sam Lee has direct contacts at City and so Luckhurst probably had more confidence in running this story.

It lets you know how reliable they are. Luckhurst has every right to write stories for views and I'll view his reliability in light of that.

haram

Di Marzio talking about Arnautovic too??
I was critical of him at the start of the season but he has shown when he bothers he is useful. Moyes deserves some credit for getting it out of him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Keep the Manzukic/Arnautovic topic outside lads. Let's keep this for FredTheRed only.

Art

Art the artist
Now that Fred's in the bag, I think we'll only go for Sergej if Pogba wants to leave. Toby, Willian, Sandro + a RB to go :drool:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Great to sign a player before the World Cup to see him in action. Especially if it’s a relatively unknown player (to me).

Although I remember watching the likes of Kleberson and Barthez at the World Cup thinking we had signed two quality players.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Is he any good?

Highfather_24

He looks more like a box-to-box with an eye for a pass, and gets involved in build up play.

Seri sits further back and dictates play with through balls and cross field passes etc.
So Fred is more like Herrera than Carrick? So he seems to be more of a Fellaini replacement than the Carrick replacement Mourinho was talking about.

Anyone who has seen much of him care to describe his playing style?

No Love

Omg why hasn’t he been unveiled yet? Woody so slow as usual ffs.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.