Fredge | Deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Like the look of him, we are crying out for legs, energy and ball carrying pace in midfield.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
So Fred is more like Herrera than Carrick? So he seems to be more of a Fellaini replacement than the Carrick replacement Mourinho was talking about.

Anyone who has seen much of him care to describe his playing style?
From the videos I've seen yeah, I don't think he'd necessarily be a Fellaini replacement - moreso a Herrera upgrade.

Seri is more similar to Carrick, again only from the videos i've seen.

Hopefully it's true. Looks like the player we need from what he does in the Ukranian league, hopefully he can step it up to the PL. Hes got the physical ability but not sure about his control/ability.

JoaquinJoaquin

From what I have seen of him (only a few matches and Youtube admittedly) he looks like he would be a great addition to our squad. He has a good range of passing, quite nifty on the ball and isn't afraid of getting physical when it's required. A big upgrade on Herrera IMO.

Kapardin

Great news. But let us now get Savic as well, we need goals from midfield in addition to what Fred can offer.

EDIT: di Marzio rules out Savic due to price. Oh well.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Arnautovic and Mandzukic links seem utterly bizarre.

Don't know a great deal about this Fred so can't get excited about it really.

vangagal

Great news. But let us now get Savic as well, we need goals from midfield in addition to what Fred can offer.

EDIT: di Marzio rules out Savic due to price. Oh well.
Lazio wants 100mil for Savic apparently, hence why deal with Fred goes on. Thats way too much for Savic tbh, but they will sell less than that for another club.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Arnautovic and Mandzukic links seem utterly bizarre.

Don't know a great deal about this Fred so can't get excited about it really.
He's been fantastic recently, really drove forward a rubbish West ham. Absolutely gave us the run around recently too, I'd take him as a backup/Partner to Lukaku 100%

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Once this transfer has been confirmed by Fred if the title of this thread doesn't change to Right Said Fred then I will riot.

Bestietom

I have watched him a few times in Champions League, and he is a workhorse who can tackle and pass really well. Essien mould I would say.

Hawks2008

Don't know anything about this guy but it's cool to see we're gonna have a Brazilian in the squad.

Highfather_24

From the videos I've seen yeah, I don't think he'd necessarily be a Fellaini replacement - moreso a Herrera upgrade.

Seri is more similar to Carrick, again only from the videos i've seen.
Yeah, thanks.

The problem with buying a "Carrick replacement" is Carrick was a backup for Matic, so basically we'd be buying a Matic backup, unless we are gonna bench Matic? And I think McTominay can already play that role.

Sanche7

Lazio wants 100mil for Savic apparently, hence why deal with Fred goes on. Thats way too much for Savic tbh, but they will sell less than that for another club.
But Fred and SMS play in two different positions. SMS is more of an AM whereas Fred is more of a proper CM.
SMS is more of a replacement for Fellaini.
I think we really don't have the money to spend on SMS considering we need a CB, RB, LB + Fred at least.

Ban

Only bad thing in this transfer is that in 4 years he'll be 29 and on a downhill spiral.

Womp

idiot
Really pleased with this signing. That being said, what the feck is with the links to Mandzukic and Arnuatovic? Bizarre.

Schmiznurf

Oooh, what about Right Said Fred The Fred and the unveiling is him in a fred the red outfit singing i'm too sexy for my shirt and he throws away his old one, catches the united one and says, "But this one's just right"

diarm

Oooh, what about Right Said Fred The Fred and the unveiling is him in a fred the red outfit singing i'm too sexy for my shirt and he throws away his old one, catches the united one and says, "But this one's just right"
Now that I can get on board with! Obviously he needs to be playing the song on a piano.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Yeah, thanks.

The problem with buying a "Carrick replacement" is Carrick was a backup for Matic, so basically we'd be buying a Matic backup, unless we are gonna bench Matic? And I think McTominay can already play that role.
This signing gives us more options to rotate Matic & Pogba when we play 2 in midfield/injuries/exhaustion etc but also play 4-3-3 more effectively.

If we were to sign a true Carrick replacement then that would allow us to play 4-2-3-1 which I think is Mourinho's preferred formation, with Matic/Herrera/Pogba/Fred next to Carrick mk II and Lingard/Sanchez/Pogba/Fred/Martial/New attacker playing as #10

McTominay can certainly play the role, but if the goal is to win the League, go further in CL and get a domestic Cup, McTominay should only be used in the less important games.

I don't think the aim is to bench Matic but to understand that our midfield is far too reliant on him, and as he ages we need options and more players to be fighting for their positions.

Hawks2008

Only bad thing in this transfer is that in 4 years he'll be 29 and on a downhill spiral.
Yeah, but if we sign a 17 year old wonderkid they will be here for decades and promise glory for eternity.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Welcome Fred the Red :drool:

Anybody found a compilation of him against City?

Nick7

We all know our announcement hashtag with be Fred is Red, and we will all be disappointed.

Schmiznurf

Status
Not open for further replies.