Fredge | Deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He's been fantastic recently, really drove forward a rubbish West ham. Absolutely gave us the run around recently too, I'd take him as a backup/Partner to Lukaku 100%
Key word in there is "recently"

He's going through a good run of form. He's wildly inconsistent and is prone to drastic mode swings, especially when you consider the fact that he's not going to be a starter. He doesn't seem like the type of person who would accept that. Plus, he's simply not good enough (IMHO, of course).

Hopefully it's nonsense.

Nick7

:lol: every time

Media "Manchester United want hire a new commercial director"

Redcafe: "Is it to replace Fellaini?"
I do like the idea of a 5'6 Brazillian replacing Felliani though. Sending him on with 20 minutes to go, sending long balls and high crosses his way. Would be quite funny.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

He's going through a good run of form. He's wildly inconsistent and is prone to drastic mode swings, especially when you consider the fact that he's not going to be a starter. He doesn't seem like the type of person who would accept that. Plus, he's simply not good enough (IMHO, of course).

Hopefully it's nonsense.
Or he's matured and got his head down, people do improve/change you know.

Anyway I doubt there's much in the links but I think he'd be good, he's clearly talented.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not a fan of giving Brazilians English names.
Frederico Rodrigues dr Paula Santos sounds better.

Redo91

Herrera with technique. Not Essien mould. And he is not the big a tackler, nor is he fast or strong...
I agree that he is an upgrade from Herrera, but its not likely he will improve us significantly or develope into a great player.
There are better and younger players for the same amount or less. Jean Michael Seri and Lucas Torrera are two.
Seri is older.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Hopefully it's nonsense.
Its hard to argue with this. I still think Arnautovic was an afterthought by DiMarzio there

AndyJ1985

I've no idea how good he is. To those who watch him regularly; is this a signing we should get excited about?

Champagne Football

Really excited about this guy. A defensive midfielder who can also do the playmaking stuff. Will free up Pogba to do his thing so he'll be back to his Juve level next season.

This bloke might just be the missing link to gel the team even though I know it's still going to be a very compact defensive minded team but Jose's teams in his first Chelsea stint were mostly fun to watch and usually won about 4-0 so maybe next season is when it all finally gels.

Nick7

I do love when people say with such certainly that 'X player is better than Y and would cost less'. I wonder why they don't go into scouting and actually work for football teams.

Patrick08

Will improve us defensively I think but going forward I don't think we will improve much against defensive sides. He does not seem to have the passing range and vision of a world class midfielder which is what we need to improve attacking wise in possession. Epl will not allow him penetration in the midfield attacking wise like he has in Shaktar, thus will result in passing the ball diagonally sideways which is a problem we face even with Matic.

A good work rate and tenacity player but those qualities tend to fade away with age and fitness problems but the class of a playmaker with vision and passing range always remains the same. You can always count Modric , Alonso , Carrick ,Scholes Xavi ,Iniesta ,Schweinsteiger Kroos in world-class category but I am not sure players like Ramires, Matuidi Even Vidal to some extent make it to that level consistently and I find Fred in the Second category of Midfielders unfortunately.

If its between Jorginho and Fred I think we are once again making a wrong choice. If fred adds competition for places in Matic's position than it'll be fine, but I don't see him as Carrick's replacement one bit. We need to replace class with class on that one. I don't see him as a playmaker which will make Man united a Fearsome side of Fergie days, which we have seen all our lives specially who were born after Fergie took over.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Strange comment. Brazilians often give themselves short, anglo-friendly names. They can call themselves what they want, and the English generally have no say.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Looking forward to hearing the song they make for him :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Or he's matured and got his head down, people do improve/change you know.

Anyway I doubt there's much in the links but I think he'd be good, he's clearly talented.
Never implied anything to the contrary. Simply pointing out that he's a player who's performances are wildly inconsistent and have been throughout his career. And considering the fact that he's 29 that's not likely going to change.
Also, as i said, i don't think he's good enough for us and definitely not someone, with the ego he has, who's going to accept being backup.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Will improve us defensively I think but going forward I don't think we will improve much against defensive sides. He does not seem to have the passing range and vision of a world class midfielder which is what we need to improve attacking wise in possession. Epl will not allow him penetration in the midfield attacking wise like he has in Shaktar, thus will result in passing the ball diagonally sideways which is a problem we face even with Matic.

A good work rate and tenacity player but those qualities tend to fade away with age and fitness problems but the class of a playmaker with vision and passing range always remains the same. You can always count Modric , Alonso , Carrick ,Scholes Xavi ,Iniesta ,Schweinsteiger Kroos in world-class category but I am not sure players like Ramires, Matuidi Even Vidal to some extent make it to that level consistently and I find Fred in the Second category of Midfielders unfortunately.

If its between Jorginho and Fred I think we are once again making a wrong choice. If fred adds competition for places in Matic's position than it'll be fine, but I don't see him as Carrick's replacement one bit. We need to replace class with class on that one.
Could Fred be seen as a replacement/competition for Herrera given his B2B attributes? I accept his goal threat and creativity don't have me licking my lips at present but a dynamic breaker of play/ball carrier in the Kante mould could be just what Jose is after.

Status
Not open for further replies.