Fredge | Deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
From Reddit:

Neither, he is very a mobile passer that while sound defensively and offensively is suited to a very fluid possession style of football.

He is useless in the air, likes the ball played on the floor and is very press resistant. Quite similar to Santi Cazorla, actually.

Devil may care

Feels a bit like we are being thrown out there by his agent because City have passed on him.

SATA

Is he going to be in Brazil's starting XI in the world cup? Maybe we can take a much closer look at him if he is

Brophs

The One and Only
I’d be genuinely interested in knowing what people make of us signing a convicted doper. Served his time, or be wary?

ti vu

Is he going to be in Brazil's starting XI in the world cup? Maybe we can take a much closer look at him if he is
Unless some huge development (his club did well in CL, or injuries to one of the familiar midfielder faces...) he would not make it at this rate.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Feels a bit like we are being thrown out there by his agent because City have passed on him.
Think we are being used to get city to make their move, His agents will want a quick decision from city and if they dont firm up after this, they will offer him around to other clubs.

KDB17

Supports
Manchester City
No idea if he prefers one or the other, but I'm sure both the agent and Shakhtar would like to spark a bidding war.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
How did he play tonight fellas??

Neilwij

I'm sure he'll be itching to join us especially after he watches our breathtaking attacking display that was on show tonight.

beingshe7don

We keep targeting all these players but the question we need to ask is are all these players able to perform under Jose? It's shocking...

Jose bought these players, so you can't blame Van Gaal or Moyes

Mhiki isn't playing the way he used to like he did at Dortmund
Pogba isn't playing the way he used to like he did at Juventus
Sanchez isn't playing the way he used to like he did at Arsenal

Our attacking players can't seem to perform under Jose because he's stifled them. Zlatan and Lukaku are out and out strikers, so need to remain forward and closer to goal.

The formation or players he picked today were just atrocious. Mourinho may not be the person to take the club to its glory days. I mean he will get you the odd trophy or so with his negative tactics but I don't really know if that's going to benefit the club in the longer run.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Better than Kleberson, way worse than Essien, more fitter than Anderson. :D Good backup but not first team material. I don't even know what Tite saw in him (but wtf do I know, right? I once thought that Pato would be a good player). Anyway, he is a bit like Herrera (on dope, ha!) and has the same pros/cons.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Don’t we already have him?

I mean I see him every home game, pre match walking around getting his picture taken with the kids

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
There's a scene in one of the Star Trek reboots where (I think) Kirk says: "fire everything".

Message to board: "buy everyone"!! :lol::rolleyes::nervous:

Charles Miller

Better than Kleberson, way worse than Essien, more fitter than Anderson. :D Good backup but not first team material. I don't even know what Tite saw in him (but wtf do I know, right? I once thought that Pato would be a good player). Anyway, he is a bit like Herrera (on dope, ha!) and has the same pros/cons.
He is far better than Paulinho or Renato Augusto. Arthur is far better than both too. Fred and Arthur will not play, Joginho gone to Italy and Fabinho not even called to the nt because Brazilian nt coaches tend to change the team only after be eliminated in the wc.

Watch what is gonna happen: Brazil will lose to France in the semi, or to some Belgium of life before that and in the next friendly Fred will be starter.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Haven’t been overly sold on him on the occasions I’ve seen him, not convinced he’s good enough to make a big difference to what we’re seeing now. We need big game aggressive players now, not more passive players

crossy1686

career ending
Would have preferred us to sign Arthur but heard that Barcelona recently tied that one up. If Fred is any good at keeping the ball I'd be very interested in us signing him, regardless of the City link.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Nope. Not what we need...
(Sees that he's represented by Special1Agency)
Well that settles it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Imagine him attacking the space. Will be mesmeric!

Infra-red

Nope. Not what we need...
(Sees that he's represented by Special1Agency)
Well that settles it.
All action box-box player with good technical ability/passing range. Looks like he'd be a reasonable fit from what I've seen (which admittedly will be less than some). What am I missing?

Alemar

Makes it's sound like we're a second choice to City...don't like that
Yes, very few of us here at this forum are keen to know this. However, one needs to be realistic - currently, City is miles ahead, hence it is understandable if players may opt to play for the (currently) best team in England, as it gives them better chances to win big trophies (especially considering that city also have enough financial firepower to pay good salaries)

Infra-red

Err more like City didn't want him anymore and now his CEO and agent is trying to pimp him out to United or other teams
Seems so, at least according to that Sammy Lee piece on Goal this week. They reportedly prioritised Fred and Mahrez in January because they were considered 'gettable' midway through the season. Both players have now dropped down the order of priority on an expanded list of targets for the summer.

Having said that, this is only Goal.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.