Fredge | Deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

klayton88

Have we announced the announcement yet? 48h yeah? I'll check back in a week.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots

Mircea Lucescu (former Shakhtar manager):

“I’m really pleased Fred has completed his transfer to Manchester United, I am proud of him.”

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"

Mircea Lucescu (former Shakhtar manager):

“I’m really pleased Fred has completed his transfer to Manchester United, I am proud of him.”
Many clubs will be annoyed when their best players are sold, but Shaktar seems to be happy for them.
Happy that they can find good unknown players, develop them, and sell for a good profit.
Seems like they have found a place they're happy to be in, in European football. I like that.
While still playing in CL pretty much every season, they must be quite wealthy.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Uh, this is going to go on all day now. He'll be announced at 6:66pm that's 19:06 for us mere earthlings. When the stars align.

red_de_pologne

Many clubs will be annoyed when their best players are sold, but Shaktar seems to be happy for them.
Happy that they can find good unknown players, develop them, and sell for a good profit.
Seems like they have found a place they're happy to be in, in European football. I like that.
Not that what you're saying isn't true but this is his former manager speaking, so it's not on behalf of the club, it's being proud of how his former player developed.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
We have to wait till he is at least 29 to announce it. 5th March 2022.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
*well....I hope he has, otherwise he'll be exhausted by December.
I think we currently have more skillful players in the team than Fletcher but are failing miserably with regards to creating space and movement which is probably down to JMs tactics or coaching.
Our best mover (over the ball) is probably LIngard. He is constantly moving and very difficult for defenders to track, without getting pulled out of position, themselves.
Are you suggesting that our coaches are saying to our attackers, "Only Jesse Lingard is allowed to move a lot; we'd like the rest of you to stand still and do as little running as possible"?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Haven't watched him but hope he is explosive and fast and will make us more dynamic. He will bring different qualities to our midfield.
Explosive. Dynamic.
That's Pogba.
We already have that type of player. Right?

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Lol here u go again, it's like you stalk my every post. He may be in my 11 but it don't change what I feel. I guess this forum lacks any sort of democracy as I become pray for voicing my opinion. Hey, i even got a warning off one of the "staff" because i lacked an insightful comment. What's not insightful about saying what I feel? Fred is a great player, i really like him but him joining United really does not fill my with excitement. When Sanchez joined, i was on the edge of my seat but that quickly soured as our style of play clearly didn't match. Fred would of been the same, i was super jealous in Jan that he was heavily linked with City. My point is simple and I really don't expect people to agree, but any player who has any flair like Sanchez and Fred just don't fit JM style. I ain't bashing Jose, believe me I'm past that. He is here to stay for at least another year. I just have to accept that but when Fred signs, i will be thinking another great talent not utilised.
You basically dont know how a team works or how a manager builds a team do you?

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
*well....I hope he has, otherwise he'll be exhausted by December.

Our best mover (over the ball) is probably LIngard. He is constantly moving and very difficult for defenders to track, without getting pulled out of position, themselves.
Are you suggesting that our coaches are saying to our attackers, "Only Jesse Lingard is allowed to move a lot; we'd like the rest of you to stand still and do as little running as possible"?
Its hard to say,I think JM wants a mix of attack and defense but its probably being overly defensive with his set up.Maybe teams arent showing Lingard enough respect and he is able to exploit it? It could be a bit of a domino effect in that if the defense and midfield isnt functioning properly and being too defensive it is having a knock on effect to the forwards more attacking players.I always thought Sanchez created good space and movement but hasnt been functioning properly here yet.

Grib

I suppose it may help them seem an attractive prospect to young south American talent

Join us, you'll play first team football in Europe, win some trophies then we'll let you go to a big club, hard to say no to

Relfy

It's my birthday and the Mrs has just come on so I need cheering up. Get it announced woody!

VanGaalEra

Remember when United announced Pogba in line with the NYE Stock Exchange at 1am BST.

James Peril

I suppose it may help them seem an attractive prospect to young south American talent

Join us, you'll play first team football in Europe, win some trophies then we'll let you go to a big club, hard to say no to
Well, you also have to move from sunny Brazilto the middle of the Ukraine, not exactly the filet mignon of Europe - where it rains, snows and generally sucks to live for large parts of year (if you're a Brazilian I mean).

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Don't worry guys the signing will be announced shortly. bite

Sigma

Could the delay be due to us making a double announcement?
Surely from a business perspective two single announcements would be better since that would mean we are being talked about on social media for longer.

AR87

Explosive. Dynamic.
That's Pogba.
We already have that type of player. Right?
I can only remember having watched Fred 5-6 times total, but he's different to Pogba. Pogba eats up the ground because of his long strides and he uses his physicality and strength to often shield the ball from defenders and create separation from them.

Fred is much quicker in the first few yards with superior burst over short spaces. He's also more agile than any CM at our disposal currently. Fred, unlike Pogba, is also quicker in his decision making, whereas Pogba likes to hold the ball and survey the landscape ahead of him before making a choice.

IMO Fred's skills are ideally suited to allow Pogba to play further up the pitch in possession and speed up our build up play. Whether or not he can make the step up to make his talents come to bear in the Premier League I'm not sure, but I do like the type of CM he is stylistically. I also think regardless of whether or not it frees up and improves Pogba, he fits the type of CM we needed.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'd imagine it's signed at sealed and he is posing for pics and doing the Twitter video tbf.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's my birthday and the Mrs has just come on so I need cheering up. Get it announced woody!
You’re required by law to get a gobby on your birthday though, so what’s the problem? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.