French Elections 2017

Scarecrow

Having a week off
To complete this post and make it actually useful. He said that the 2015 agreement was good and should be respected by both sides but that it probably needed to be completed with a monitoring of Iran's ballistic activities that goes beyond 2025.
Bless you.

The old question again - do people read the information and chose to misrepresent it or just don't read it at all and comment regardless? Dishonesty or stupidity?

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bless you.

The old question again - do people read the information and chose to misrepresent it or just don't read it at all and comment regardless? Dishonesty or stupidity?
Is that for me or the AFP?:)

Neutral

BTV
To complete this post and make it actually useful. He said that the 2015 agreement was good and should be respected by both sides but that it probably needed to be completed with a monitoring of Iran's ballistic activities that goes beyond 2025.
He spoke about Iranian power projection and influence. The gist of his rhetoric was we have to 'contain' Iran, reduce Iranian influence in the region.

That's in line with what the Israelis and Saudis have been saying.

Not to mention and this predates Macron, France along with the US held the most hardliners and hawish position during the negotiations.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He spoke about Iranian power projection and influence. The gist of his rhetoric was we have to 'contain' Iran, reduce Iranian influence in the region.

That's in line with what the Israelis and Saudis have been saying.

Not to mention and this predates Macron, France along with the US held the most hardliners and hawish position during the negotiations.
No the jest of his rhetoric is literally that the agreement is good but with the current political climate, it's probably best to appease everyone and add a fairly obvious and in the end meaningless line with the monitoring of ballistic activities(which is already done by the US and their allies).

If we are all honest, it is a tepid comment that barely deserves a mention because it's in line with everything said in the past and your comment about his popularity is out of place since he said the same type of things during the campaign.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Well...I don’t like his patriotic wording, but he does have a point. Question basically says „you have taken so many refugees already and you do the job our military should do, why don’t you spend even more money.“ She probably didn’t mean it this way and didn’t really think about it, but that’s what it is.

freeurmind

weak willed
In fairness to Macron the question was idiotic. Also RT? Maybe they should ask Putin something similar regarding Russian military activity in Syria versus Syrian students in Russia.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Well...I don’t like his patriotic wording, but he does have a point. Question basically says „you have taken so many refugees already and you do the job our military should do, why don’t you spend even more money.“ She probably didn’t mean it this way and didn’t really think about it, but that’s what it is.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't her question, she didn't even mention refugees or money.

Burkina Faso was a former French colony and only gained it's independence in the 1960's. In the 1980's (with the help of France) Burkina Faso former President Thomas Sankara was assassinated(Sankara was a anti imperialist marxist) which then led to a dictatorship and the privatisation of Burkina Faso.

Considering France's imperialist history, it's right to question why France has so many soldiers in Burkina Faso, which was what the student was asking.

In fairness to Macron the question was idiotic. Also RT? Maybe they should ask Putin something similar regarding Russian military activity in Syria versus Syrian students in Russia.
The student didn't ask the question on behave of RT, RT were just covering the conference like many news outlets.

Last edited:

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Settings>Subtitles>Auto-translate
Cheers.

Ah I've listen to it(auto translate tried it's best to make it unbearable)and yeah Marcon can still get fecked(Although it's nice to know he somewhat acknowledges France role in Libya). Still thanks for posting it though.

Last edited:

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
@Sweet Square Macron's popularity is on the up, he gained 5 points of percentages and seats at 57%.:p
Thanks for the update. I bet the french right loves seeing Macron going around former colonies and telling the locals how much they should appreciate the French army presence. Nothing like a bit colonialism nostalgia to bump the polls.

Also - https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-f...ks-50-percent-popularity-rating-idUKKBN1DZ2S1

On the negative side, 57 percent of people said they believed that Macron was not in tune with the concerns of the French.
I should say I don't want Macron to fail, if he could succeed and make France and the lives of french people better than great but he can't, the politics he has won't improve people lives, it only effect people negatively.