French Ligue 1 - 2014/15

bucky

I enjoyed Lyon's performance at the weekend again, the title race has been pretty exciting in Ligue 1 this year although I think PSG will take it now. Marseilles collapse has been pretty dramatic as you'd expect given their manager, their 8 goal thriller this past weekend was madness!

I think Monaco have done really well, their crop of young players have delivered for them and I think they'll get the top 3 spot now, Ferreira Carrasco and Martial are very bright prospects.
Wouldn't mind him here as backup to Rooney next season.

Devil may care

PSG won their game in hand tonight pretty easily, Verratti was a joy to watch as usual and Lucas had an exciting cameo, it's hard to see them not finishing the season with a treble.

Wouldn't mind him here as backup to Rooney next season.
He's the same age as Wilson though, difficult to balance giving important game time to 2 players in the same age bracket. Martial has been the breakout young striker of the season in Ligue 1 though and looks to have a big future.

bucky

PSG won their game in hand tonight pretty easily, Verratti was a joy to watch as usual and Lucas had an exciting cameo, it's hard to see them not finishing the season with a treble.

He's the same age as Wilson though, difficult to balance giving important game time to 2 players in the same age bracket. Martial has been the breakout young striker of the season in Ligue 1 though and looks to have a big future.
I'm aware of that, Martial has simply done better than Wilson and looks further ahead in his development. Wilson's injuries may have something to do with that though. A loan for Wilson would probably be ideal.

Annahnomoss

Really good job from the responsible to shorten Zlatan's ban. He's been playing a major part in both goals today, didn't get an assist on his shot that rebounded and was scored though. It looked like the French run in would be great but it has been decided a bit too early.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Taylor Moore (18-years old) has made his debut for Lens against Lille today :)
A shame that Lens are going now down.

Really good job from the responsible to shorten Zlatan's ban. He's been playing a major part in both goals today, didn't get an assist on his shot that rebounded and was scored though. It looked like the French run in would be great but it has been decided a bit too early.
A draw at the Nantes vs PSG match would have made so much interesting the run-in.

Annahnomoss

Taylor Moore (18-years old) has made his debut for Lens against Lille today :)
A shame that Lens are going now down.

A draw at the Nantes vs PSG match would have made so much interesting the run-in.
Yeah not just that, so many teams were capable of winning it some rounds ago and since then it is more or less guaranteed that PSG does it and Lyon comes second.

bucky

Lyon being naive against Caen. Should be a lesson for their young players. Lacazette with a great pass for Grenier, who didn't convert his chance.

Devil may care

Okay the title race in the Ligue 1 is now over too. But it was still very interesting in the last weeks.
Just saw Lyon lost today, it's a shame but for a young team to take it down to the last few games against a financial powerhouse like PSG is impressive.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Fekir has confirmed today that he'll stay 100% at Lyon next season. Hopefully that's the case for all the best Lyon players too.
It's for their best interest to remain at their club with CL football, with them being guaranteed starting spots and most importantly with the Euro in France. They'll probably in the 2016 summer.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Marseille somehow managed to turn the match around and are right back in the frame for a CL qualification. Monaco crumbled in the last 15 minutes.

Annahnomoss

PSG has to lose their remaining and Lyon has to win theirs and catch up a +7 GD advantage for PSG to lose the title. Lyon are up against 6th placed Bordeaux who hasn't lost with more than 2 goals all season except in two games - the first match against Lyon where Lyon won with 5-0 and PSG's 3-0 win.

Hopefully Lyon can repeat that and put some pressure on PSG at least to make it interesting.

bucky

From what I've seen Umtiti, Perrin and N'Koulou could all be more deserving of that spot alongside Silva than Luiz. I'd probably picked Amavi or Kurzawa over Maxwell. It's harsh on Lucas IMO.