French Ligue 1 - 2014/15

Moonred

Well its back already, Ibra opened his account for the new season with a goal in the 6th minute against Reims after good work from Pastore..Cavani starts interestingly, no Lavezzi I think..

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Lucas could have killed the game off by squaring it but instead chose to be greedy.

Ibra just missed a sitter.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Ibra just dived terribly and got a pen. Missed! I need PSG to score before the 50th minute:lol:

Skorenzy

Well its back already, Ibra opened his account for the new season with a goal on the 6th minute against Reims after good work from Pastore..Cavani starts interestingly, no Lavezzi I think..
He'd already scored twice in the French Super Cup last week (2-0 win v Guingamp). This was his 57th league goal for PSG by the way, which already makes it the joint-most he's scored for a single one of his clubs (also scored 57 with Inter).

Moonred

He'd already scored twice in the French Super Cup last week (2-0 win v Guingamp). This was his 57th league goal for PSG by the way, which already makes it the joint-most he's scored for a single one of his clubs (also scored 57 with Inter).
I meant league season. He is impressive, but those misses though..

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Is this game worth watching? Switched over to the Blackburn-Cardiff match after Zlatan scored but I hear it's 2-1 to Reims now.

Eriksen

Thiago Silva has been really poor. Still got the World Cup on his mind?

Guy Incognito

Second half should be one way traffic.

Or PSG'll score after 69 minutes and get the winner in stoppage time.

Santos J

It's Ibra's goal mate. Ibra's ball in crossed the line and the official has given it to Ibra according to the commentators on my stream.
Ah fair do's, got some foreign commentary so didn't have a clue. Weird one either way.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Jesus, Veratti is such a detestable cnut. Complains to referees all the time, asks for cards, keeps ball for too long and now that foul was just idiotic and cnutish from him.

Baxter

Cavani rivalling Silva and Placide for the worst player on the pitch. Dreadful.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Surprised no one commented on Monaco's loss by 4-1 away against Bordeaux. That's 0 points in 6 for them. Is Leonardo Jardim on his way to become the first noteworthy sacking of the season?

Can't say I feel sorry for them. Quite a few players I like there, but have no sympathy for the "project" itself. As soon as they're finished, the better for me. Still haven't seen a game of theirs since they returned to Ligue 1, and never felt the least inclined to do so...

Deleted member 78215

We should be in for Moutinho. Monaco are the next Malaga.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
We should be in for Moutinho. Monaco are the next Malaga.
What about Kondogbia?

He was hot property prior to his move to Monaco. I figured he would be pairing Pogba for France once the WC came around.... Not sure if he even made the squad in the end.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What about Kondogbia?

He was hot property prior to his move to Monaco. I figured he would be pairing Pogba for France once the WC came around.... Not sure if he even made the squad in the end.
He plays for them regularly but he's just been shit, Monaco has sold their most important elements (Ranieri and Rodriguez) and haven't really strengthened this season, I think by next year there will be many departures. They have fecked things up after a good season

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
As I was saying in another thread, Monaco's 'project' is all but dead. The billionnaire behind it, Dmitry Rybolovlev, went through a huge divorce which cost him billions, and I think he's already fed up with it. I think he's glad of the money he made on James and just won't really be bothered anymore so I wouldn't expect any further investments and yeah calling them the next Malaga sounds about right. I think they'll be an easy draw for anyone who gets them in the CL as well.

Annahnomoss

As I was saying in another thread, Monaco's 'project' is all but dead. The billionnaire behind it, Dmitry Rybolovlev, went through a huge divorce which cost him billions, and I think he's already fed up with it. I think he's glad of the money he made on James and just won't really be bothered anymore so I wouldn't expect any further investments and yeah calling them the next Malaga sounds about right. I think they'll be an easy draw for anyone who gets them in the CL as well.
Sad for Ligue 1, the french NT, but especially for PSG. PSG needs Monaco to make the league more attractive. We saw last year when Bayern walked the league early how much fitness and form they lost by playing "nothing games".

PSG basically plays nothing games all season long and then suddenly they have to try and adapt from playing Bastia to playing one of the top teams in Europe.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Sad for Ligue 1, the french NT, but especially for PSG. PSG needs Monaco to make the league more attractive. We saw last year when Bayern walked the league early how much fitness and form they lost by playing "nothing games".

PSG basically plays nothing games all season long and then suddenly they have to try and adapt from playing Bastia to playing one of the top teams in Europe.
Yeah though I think people (including yourself in that post) underate Ligue 1 way too much. PSG have some very tough games away from home, it's no easier or harder than it is for Bayern, Barça, Real, Chelsea, etc. against the weaker teams. The only different thing now is that they don't have a direct competitor capable of sustaining a title challenge all season, definitely.

Annahnomoss

Yeah though I think people (including yourself in that post) underate Ligue 1 way too much. PSG have some very tough games away from home, it's no easier or harder than it is for Bayern, Barça, Real, Chelsea, etc. against the weaker teams. The only different thing now is that they don't have a direct competitor capable of sustaining a title challenge all season, definitely.
The league isn't bad by any means. It is in fact quite even behind PSG and Monaco and they can lose points in most matches. The problem is more that PSG can afford to lose a lot of points here and there without it having any effect on the league position.

They also go from dominating almost every match, except when they underperform, to playing in Europe against teams who are much better at putting up a fight.

They have done well two years in a row in the CL and have gone out against good teams due to being unlucky even. But I think they'd find another gear if they had a direct competitor which made every single point matter more, and of course give them a couple of more big matches per year.

They are the top team who put forth the most uneven performances in the league in my mind. Sometimes they heavily underperform against lower sides which I don't see any other top teams doing.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
The league isn't bad by any means. It is in fact quite even behind PSG and Monaco and they can lose points in most matches. The problem is more that PSG can afford to lose a lot of points here and there without it having any effect on the league position.

They also go from dominating almost every match, except when they underperform, to playing in Europe against teams who are much better at putting up a fight.

They have done well two years in a row in the CL and have gone out against good teams due to being unlucky even. But I think they'd find another gear if they had a direct competitor which made every single point matter more, and of course give them a couple of more big matches per year.

They are the top team who put forth the most uneven performances in the league in my mind. Sometimes they heavily underperform against lower sides which I don't see any other top teams doing.
Yeah you're probably right, but I find it pretty impressive they've managed to not look ridiculous in CL already so quickly after their 'project' started, I mean they've looked much better than City for example who do have direct competitors in the league. That is kind of a double edged sword I'd say, PSG usually have a lot of time to prepare their CL games due to a less demanding league.