French Ligue 1 - 2014/15

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah you'll know more than me, I just meant in terms of creating noise, the Velodrome always seems to be rocking but in terms of fans yeah I'd agree that Lens and Saint-Etienne have great backers too.
Yeah sometimes the Velodrome is very loud but they are 60k so it's normal, the most impressive is the Parc des Princes, particularly pre-Qatari it was insane, it's due to the stadium configuration.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Bielsa is doing incredible, for them to have a 7 point lead over PSG after 10 games is great work. It would be brillaint if they were to win the league.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Incredible that this thread wasn't bumped. It's Le Classique today, PSG 1-0 up although I think it's undeserved as Marseille looked better and it was Mendy who was incredibly pedestrian for Lucas' goal.

It's all big show there with some stupid rockets and other worthless shit, pretty cringeworthy. Only thing that's nice is that special camera that does 10895235015x zooms and sloslosloslomows.

Ibra started on the bench, Ayew, Morel, Romao not available for the match. I think that Thiago Motta is out injured as well.

LARulz

Ridiculous red card decision. I know it's pointless to complain but surprised he didn't moan about it

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
That'll be that.

First time I've really seen Payet - is he normally as one-footed as he was when he messed up in the first half?

Hojoon

That was barely a yellow card. I'm surprised Imbula or other Marseille players hardly complained.

Jaxa

Have to give it to cavani, he must be quite frustrating for a PSG fan to watch but the guy has given 110% tonight, he's put himself in front of everything and eventually got his goal

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Red card was a stupid decision, but up until then the ref had been excellent.

Good game overall, slowed down in the last 20 minutes but before that it was very enjoyable. Marseille looked very good and their pressing was excellent.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I prefer Verratti
But i would get a heart attack if one of our players would do that :lol:
He's been doing that the whole game. Basically any number of Marseille players attacked him, he either dribbled them or shoved them off despite his little size. His vis a vis Imbula was doing the same thing but usually he either's gone too far or his pass failed him.

Like RiP said, it was a very, very nice game to watch really.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Wow, what a fecking bullshit red card, Marseille were robbed there.
Ridiculous red card decision. I know it's pointless to complain but surprised he didn't moan about it
That wasn't even a yellow card, I thought our refs were shit, what a joke
That was barely a yellow card. I'm surprised Imbula or other Marseille players hardly complained.
Red card was a stupid decision, but up until then the ref had been excellent.

Good game overall, slowed down in the last 20 minutes but before that it was very enjoyable. Marseille looked very good and their pressing was excellent.
Here's something you don't see every day...French referee Clement Turpin has admitted he got a big call wrong when he officiated in Paris Saint-Germain's 2-0 win over Marseille yesterday.

Turpin sent off Marseille midfielder Gianelli Imbula for a tackle on Yohan Cabaye with 12 minutes left, but subsequently told Ligue 1 that "he had misinterpreted the tackle made by Imbula, and he shouldn't have been sent off."

Following the red card, Edinson Cavani scored the second PSG goal in the win that brings the defending champions to within one point of their arch rivals at the top of Ligue 1. Imbula will face no further punishment.

BBC

Devil may care

I watched the PSG/Marseille match tonight, pretty good game. Lucas looks to be on his way to realizing his potential and Verratti is a fantastic little player. I was disappointed with Thauvin and Imbula, but the latter got a ludicrous red for a 50/50 tackle, glad to see the ref owned up to his error.

Kostur

海尔的老板
HT: Montpellier 1 - 0 Marseille.

Marseille look pretty bad compared to what they've looked at the beggining of the season and I don't really think that lack of Ayew or N'Koulou due to African Cup justifies that, no real pressing, weird formation that hardly links players together and, again, infuriating play from Thauvin and Payet, Gignac completly marked out of the game.

A bit unlucky for the goal I think, there was a foul on Dja Djedje there imo, not even the stomp on his hand itself but a foul beforehand that brought him to the floor. I thought that Montpellier players would kick it out and let a physio come in and so did Marseille players it seems because they were abysmal for the goal, Bielsa will be furious with that.

Imbula looks a pretty neat player, he's what, 22? Very physical and big player who's not afraid of dribbling in the midfield, Bielsa seems to rate him, will be interesting to see how he develops.

Kostur

海尔的老板
FT: 2-1 Montpellier, simply the better team today. Horrible miss from Gignac who should've put them level in 46th minute after being gifted a 1v1 by opposing defender. Too much idiotic, boring and frustrating dribbling from Marseille players (especially Thauvin, God, I've never seen more dick of a player, only that little Belgian cnut from Napoli comes close), I don't think that this 1-3-3-3 or strange variation of 352 does them any favours as well.

Both PSG and Lyon have chance to overtake Marseille in the table now and push them to the 3rd spot.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Imbula looks a pretty neat player, he's what, 22? Very physical and big player who's not afraid of dribbling in the midfield, Bielsa seems to rate him, will be interesting to see how he develops.
Imbula has the potential to be really, really good I think. The Marseille player that has impressed me the most when I've seen them play this year, I think.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Paris Saint Germain currently losing 3-2 to Bastia, 19th in the league. They were leading 2-0, Bastia scored two before the half, and Palmieri just scored a sensational goal for Bastia, worthy of Scholes.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Psg were winning 2-0. Is it a David Luiz special?

Santos J

Surely Blanc is on very thin ice at the minute. PSG need to get shot of him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The title race this season is absolutely fantastic. PSG looks like a dim and boring team, Laurent Blanc has lost the dressing room and cannot motivate his players anymore.

JPRouve

Scout
Surely Blanc is on very thin ice at the minute. PSG need to get shot of him.
According to some PSG supporters, it's the players who are the problem, they don't act professionally and seem to consider that they are either to good or on vacation.

Kostur

海尔的老板
According to some PSG supporters, it's the players who are the problem, they don't act professionally and seem to consider that they are either to good or on vacation.
Wait a minute, that'd imply that they're bunch of fecking mercenaries.

Oh wait...

JPRouve

Scout
Wait a minute, that'd imply that they're bunch of fecking mercenaries.

Oh wait...
:lol: I know they seem surprised.

But the thing is, Ancelotti was tired, he explained that he normally considered his players like adults but couldn't with this group, Leonardo explained that they lacked professionalism (mainly the french players). And now Blanc is struggling with them.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
The title race this season is absolutely fantastic. PSG looks like a dim and boring team, Laurent Blanc has lost the dressing room and cannot motivate his players anymore.
Yeah my PSG supporting mates are convinced that 'Blanc a perdu le vestiaire'. Never really rated Blanc as a manager to be honest, I think he has very obvious limitations.

Santos J

I'd agree with that to a certain extent as they do just seem to be really slacking all round but even so, I don't think Blanc is the manager who will change that or do something about it so I can't see any way out if it really for him if he stays at PSG. He's not a particularly good manager anyway imo, no idea who they'd go for if they did get rid though.

JPRouve

Scout
I'd agree with that to a certain extent as they do just seem to be really slacking all round but even so, I don't think Blanc is the manager who will change that or do something about it so I can't see any way out if it really for him if he stays at PSG. He's not a particularly good manager anyway imo, no idea who they'd go for if they did get rid though.
Like i said in my last post, Ancelotti had problems with the same group of players, the worm is in the apple.

Infra-red

It is indeed great. I think my money is on Lyon, on the basis that PSG are verging on implosion (or perhaps are already there after tonight), and Marseille may get worn out by Bielsa's insanely energetic footballing style. Lyon largely dependent on Lacazette remaining the in-form player in the entire league though...

Last edited:

kouroux

It is indeed great. I think my money is on Lyon, on the basis that PSG are verging on implosion (or perhaps are already there after tonight), and Marseille may get worn out by Bielsa's insanely energetic footballing style. Lyon largely dependent on Lacazette remaining the in-form player in the entire league though...
It is very open and St-Étienne aren't doing badly either.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
One of the most lethal strikers in Europe this season. It is interesting to see how many goals he'll end up scoring, could establish a new Ligue 1 record.
What do you think of him? When I've seen him this season, I've been impressed, but my Lyon supporting mate believes it's a bit of a perfect season for him and he won't keep this level. He's hoping Aulas will cash in on him for big bucks at the end of the season.

kouroux

What do you think of him? When I've seen him this season, I've been impressed, but my Lyon supporting mate believes it's a bit of a perfect season for him and he won't keep this level. He's hoping Aulas will cash in on him for big bucks at the end of the season.
I agree with them, I highly doubt he'll ever keep a similar scoring record in the next few seasons and that is whether he stays or leaves. Everything is working out for him, he doesn't need many chances to score. Bit of a perfect season so far.