French Ligue 1 - 2014/15

bucky

Haven't seen enough of Sanson (or Montpellier in general) so will not comment but Martial has some good potential and was highly rated at his previous club. He just needs more playing time.
Cheers!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Zlatan - Pastore - Zlatan - Luiz? - Pastore assist and Lavezzi goal. Excellent goal.

Devil may care

Zlatan - Pastore - Zlatan - Luiz? - Pastore assist and Lavezzi goal. Excellent goal.
Class goal, it was Rabbiot not Luiz. PSG were pretty lackadaisical in the game though and failed to kill it off.

Devil may care

I've watched more of Lique 1 this season than I've ever done before, mostly PSG and Lyon admittedly. Lyon are very entertaining to watch and Lacazette is having a fantastic season obviously, but I've also been really impressed with Fekir.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I really thought Monaco were a easy draw for Arsenal in December.....but Monaco have really improved in the last weeks

- 12 clean-sheets in the last 13 games in all competitions
- They haven't conceded a league goal in the last 791 minutes (since against Rennes on 29/11/2014)
- 6 wins and 2 draws in the last 8 league games
- Just 1 defeat in the last 15 league games

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I really thought Monaco were a easy draw for Arsenal in December.....but Monaco have really improved in the last weeks

- They haven't conceded a league goal in the last 791 minutes (since against Rennes on 29/11/2014)
They don't score nor concede, I think the tie will be determined by either a single goal or penalties.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I've watched more of Lique 1 this season than I've ever done before, mostly PSG and Lyon admittedly. Lyon are very entertaining to watch and Lacazette is having a fantastic season obviously, but I've also been really impressed with Fekir.
Yep good spot, Lacazette is getting all the plaudits but Fekir has been brilliant as well. I'd actually bet on him having the better career of the two even though it's early days.

I'd like Lyon to win the title, they've been going about their business quietly and professionally while people focused more on OM or PSG. It'd be cool.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
They don't score nor concede, I think the tie will be determined by either a single goal or penalties.
Yep standart Jardim. We were very strong and cohesive in the back but we struggled to score and create with him as manager. It was under Jardim's management that Rojo had his first very good season. He can partially thank him for his United move.
It won't be easy for Arsenal but they are still favourites. I'm not fond of Mónaco's keeper although this year he has been playing better.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Going to Rennes Vs Marseille this weekend, only really follow Saint-etienne properly. Hoping Marseille drop some points and Saint-etienne play better than they did against Caen. That was an awful game. Anyone got an informed opinion if this will be a decent match?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Going to Rennes Vs Marseille this weekend, only really follow Saint-etienne properly. Hoping Marseille drop some points and Saint-etienne play better than they did against Caen. That was an awful game. Anyone got an informed opinion if this will be a decent match?
Marseille haven't been playing all that well for a few games now. 7 goals in their last 6 games, lost their last 3 away games in a row.

Rennes have leaked in 11 goals in their last 6 games only scoring 3 times.

Might be a fairly open game, but both will struggle to score.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
It looks like it's a tendency with a lot of clubs in french football this season

Monaco in CL: GD was 4-1
St.Etienne in EL: GD was 2-3

A "Under 2.5 goals" bet with Monaco, Lille and St.Etienne in the Ligue 1 is a really safe bet this season

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Marseille haven't been playing all that well for a few games now. 7 goals in their last 6 games, lost their last 3 away games in a row.

Rennes have leaked in 11 goals in their last 6 games only scoring 3 times.

Might be a fairly open game, but both will struggle to score.
Haha excellent. WE thought we dodged a bullet with my friend not being able to go to the Rennes vs Saint-etienne match, which was as dull as dish water. fingers crossed!

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Haha excellent. WE thought we dodged a bullet with my friend not being able to go to the Rennes vs Saint-etienne match, which was as dull as dish water. fingers crossed!
Every time Rennes, Saint-Etienne or Lille are playing it's boring. And I can add a lot !

Except Paris (few flashes only) Lyon and Marseille (not in form now) are producing some kind of spectacle in this League.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Every time Rennes, Saint-Etienne or Lille are playing it's boring. And I can add a lot !

Except Paris (few flashes only) Lyon and Marseille (not in form now) are producing some kind of spectacle in this League.
Ha thank you for the honesty. looking forward to the away day tbh!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yep good spot, Lacazette is getting all the plaudits but Fekir has been brilliant as well. I'd actually bet on him having the better career of the two even though it's early days.

I'd like Lyon to win the title, they've been going about their business quietly and professionally while people focused more on OM or PSG. It'd be cool.
I want Marseille to win and almost Lyon if they didn't have Aulas as their president. I cannot stand that man even if I have to admit what he's done to Lyon is incredible (women's football team included).
It looks like it's a tendency with a lot of clubs in french football this season

Monaco in CL: GD was 4-1
St.Etienne in EL: GD was 2-3

A "Under 2.5 goals" bet with Monaco, Lille and St.Etienne in the Ligue 1 is a really safe bet this season

This weekend's football highlight was depressing. It wasn't just about a lack of goals but also a lack of good chances created in almost every match.

Fortunately these 3 teams are battling it for the league title so things are very interesting and close at the top.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Are you going to a stadium in particular mate ?
Yeah we're going to the Stade de la Route de Lorient for the Rennes game. Trying to get to a Saint-Etienne game later in the season, hopefully when they're putting a bit of pressure on the top 3!

Chaky_Best

Yeah we're going to the Stade de la Route de Lorient for the Rennes game. Trying to get to a Saint-Etienne game later in the season, hopefully when they're putting a bit of pressure on the top 3!
No way my friend :D

I predict now a 1-1 or a 0-0... Saint Etienne can't attack and Rennes are relying on N'tep way too much. Rennes are playing against relegation and I tell you that Saint-etienne will finish 5th this season

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No way my friend :D

I predict now a 1-1 or a 0-0... Saint Etienne can't attack and Rennes are relying on N'tep way too much. Rennes are playing against relegation and I tell you that Saint-etienne will finish 5th this season
Now that I believe! To be as close to the top 3 with Wolfswinkel up front, is a miracle. 5th is probably the right place for the squad.

Charlie Foley

Bordeaux have won one game in the league since beating Lille at the end of November :( Played 8, drawn 4, lost 3, pretty poor stuff. Really have to win at Evian this week, they're dogshit, and then an interesting game at home to Saint-Etienne, though still think they'll finish 5th.

Chaky_Best

Bordeaux have won one game in the league since beating Lille at the end of November :( Played 8, drawn 4, lost 3, pretty poor stuff. Really have to win at Evian this week, they're dogshit, and then an interesting game at home to Saint-Etienne, though still think they'll finish 5th.
I'm from their Academy so please !

Charlie Foley

No no I flirted with the reserve team when I was younger but not anymore, but I’ve still a lot of contact within the club especially in the first team, some are close friends
Fair enough! Bit awkward now :lol: What do you think of your chances for staying up this year?

Chaky_Best

Fair enough! Bit awkward now :lol: What do you think of your chances for staying up this year?
I like the club because it's my hometown and I would like them to stay in Ligue 1, as I know some people who can lose their job if they fail to stay in Ligue 1

But in another hand I would like them to go down all because of the “coach”. He’s weird and not good enough to be at this level, I really hate him.

Regarding their chances, I think they added good players this January, especially with Danny Nunke, yesterday they took a good scorer. So they have the weapon to stay but can they use it properly? Depending on the coach. In France, I think that Metz and Lens are doomed (regarding their level).. After you have 3 teams I think that will play for the last spot, Caen, Evian and Lorient, but with an advantage for Lorient.

Charlie Foley

I like the club because it's my hometown and I would like them to stay in Ligue 1, as I know some people who can lose their job if they fail to stay in Ligue 1

But in another hand I would like them to go down all because of the “coach”. He’s weird and not good enough to be at this level, I really hate him.

Regarding their chances, I think they added good players this January, especially with Danny Nunke, yesterday they took a good scorer. So they have the weapon to stay but can they use it properly? Depending on the coach. In France, I think that Metz and Lens are doomed (regarding their level).. After you have 3 teams I think that will play for the last spot, Caen, Evian and Lorient, but with an advantage for Lorient.
Agreed I don't think Dupraz is up to much to be honest... Have you first hand experience or just as a fan (perhaps I'm being nosey here)
I think Wass is an important player for you in the second half of this season-I remember seeing him score a free against Bordeaux a couple of seasons ago, hope he won't do it again this weekend!

Chaky_Best

Agreed I don't think Dupraz is up to much to be honest... Have you first hand experience or just as a fan (perhaps I'm being nosey here)
I think Wass is an important player for you in the second half of this season-I remember seeing him score a free against Bordeaux a couple of seasons ago, hope he won't do it again this weekend!
I'll give an inside dressing room... Wass is selfish at the moment. He's mad against the club and doesn't produce anything during games to be honest. He's a very good player but some players are furious at him

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

and another clean-sheet for Monaco in the League Cup semi-final against Bastia

But they've lost the penalty shoot-out therefore Bastia will play PSG in the final

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
While we're talking about Monaco, I was talking to Barney the other day about this fella:

Fortuna Wallace
Brazilian - 20 Years Old

He's on loan from SC Braga. He's starting to become a regular for Monaco now but here's the impressive thing... check out his stats thus far:

Ligue 1:
350mins - 0 goals conceded while on the pitch (that's a total of 5 games, won 3, drew 1 and lost 1 (sub appearance)).

Champions League:
91mins - 0 goals conceded while on the pitch (2 games, 2 wins, 1min appearance against Leverkusen so we'll count it as 1 win)

Coupe De France:
90 mins - 0 goals conceded while on the pitch (1 game, 1 win)

Coupe De La Ligue:
118 mins - 0 goals conceded while on the pitch (2 games, 1 win (lost on pens))

Total:
649mins, 0 goals conceded while on the pitch

That is very impressive.