French Ligue 1 - 2014/15

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
You think? I think it's mainly injuries that have blighted his career.
Yoann Gourcuff is to me the best player of his generation, in front of Benzema, Ben Arfa, Nasri and Menez. He is unbelievable in his knowledge of football, how he knows the game and what is the good game. His father educated him like that, and grew up like that at Rennes.

He went to Milan AC when he was 17, but it just didn’t click well for him, because of his awkward personality. But in terms of football he was phenomenal at Bordeaux and won the title at 22, when he was the main player, very few can do the same at his age.

But then he struggles to draw the comparison with Zidane, the mediatic machine, and the fans went crazy with him…

The pretty boy, well educated unlike the boys like Menez and co….. and he’s so weird as a person, that he tends to inwards, when all of this appears….

He was isolated and really became hypochondriac. He never plays when is not 100%. He listen his body and his mind too much. Not a single player plays without a small niggles here and there, but not him, he only declares him fit when he decides…. It’s unbelievable, once he injured his ankle when he was out with his dog. He told Remi Garde last year that he could play because he checked Lacazette’s hand on the bench and twisted his hand….

He doesn’t speaks a lot with his team mates on training, spending time with himself working and not laughing with them…. Too professional or too crazy you can choose. But something is amazing more that his technic, which is far better than the likes of Blind, Herrera and even Mata, is his stamina…. The boy can run without stopping. During his last rehab, he trained with the French national of running (20Km), he was near them during the run… it was his first training for 3 months..

It’s just a shame he is so weird, but he so talented

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I think you're attributing a lot of his injuries to believing they were psychosomatic. It may be true, to a certain extent, but in reality I think he was/is just a crock, unfortunately.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I feckin hate Monaco :mad: The second week in a row they're killing my Under 2.5 goals bet. Come on Arsenal!!!!
:lol:

They really seem to be improving of late. Martial with a brace, who did well in the first leg against Arsenal.

Two red cards for Bastia - one of them to someone who was on the pitch for just four minutes after coming on as a 68' sub. Nice.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nice match by Ilori. After the performance for Granada against Barcelona, i think that´s the best i´ve seen him play. Are Liverpool ever going to give him a chance? I think he could do it against Stoke.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This is a good opportunity for either Lyon and Marseille to make a statement. In recent weeks, no one truly capitalized on the others defeat or draw.

Charlie Foley

Nice match by Ilori. After the performance for Granada against Barcelona, i think that´s the best i´ve seen him play. Are Liverpool ever going to give him a chance? I think he could do it against Stoke.
Yep he played well. Hasn't featured hugely for Bordeaux this season but has about 10 appearances. Am I right in thinking he started as a striker?

Laphroaig

Zlatan: "In 15 years, I have never seen a referee like this. In this s**t country. This country does not deserve PSG." Now what?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yep he played well. Hasn't featured hugely for Bordeaux this season but has about 10 appearances. Am I right in thinking he started as a striker?
He´s a center back mate

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
That's nice to hear. :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Big game Lyon v Marseille, should be a good 1!

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Marseille win: That would be great for the title race
Draw: That would be typical for lucky PSG....they lose but both other clubs are too stupid to capitalize from PSG's result
Lyon win: That would make happy most people because i think most people are hoping Lyon are winning the title again and not PSG

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Lacazette clean through on goal and misses :(

Would have won me a nice double. Still have to wait now.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
The OM crowd with the faux outrage every time the referee blows a decision against them.

Devil may care

Cracking game between Bordeaux and PSG, I thought PSG looked a bit leggy after their midweek heroics and Bordeaux were excellent on the counter.

Marseille vs Lyon was a bit disappointing, very cagey game overall but Lacazette missed a great chance really early on. In fairness Marseille actually had the ball over the line but there was no way the linesman could have seen it, time to get goal line technology in. For me the most impressive player on the pitch tonight was Inbula.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
From what my Bordeaux supporting mate has told me, it was his best game yesterday but he's been very poor for Bordeaux overall.

Revan

Assumptionman
So, if Monaco wins against Montepellier (the game which hasn't been played yet), it means that the team in the first place will have only 5 points more than the team on the fourth place. Surely, the most interesting title race in Europe's top leagues.

Devil may care

Took two penalties for PSG to see off Lorient tonight, as with many of their league performances this season there were patches of good play but a real lethargy about the overall performance that could have cost them points.