Frenkie de Jong| Off to Barca - Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPooni

It's pretty clear he has his heart set on PSG for whatever reason and after the Di Maria debacle, I'd rather not sign another player with little or no real desire to join us.

L1nk

Seems like more twists and turns, news tonight seems to indicate that Barca have made a breakthrough but also City are still in for him, so seems like a three horse race between them and PSG. No danger of us throwing our hat in the ring it seems.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Well done PSG. They really are putting together a young & talented squad. Can't wait for us to get our shit together so we can compete for the next batch of stars.

Anyway, just glad FdJ didn't end up at Real Madrid, Barca or City.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I think we're smart enough to not spend 75M on an Eredivisie player after Memphis failed here and Blind scored a hat trick after going back there.
Mason Mount was incredible there last year and he's bang average in the Championship
I'm pretty sure Mount will end up in the PL before too long

TrebleFan99

I think the Frenkie de Jong hype has really gotten out of control. Talented young player and plenty of potential but my god he's getting more praise than prime Zidane ffs.

This won't be popular but I think he's going to flop. And if he's anywhere other than United I hope he does just that. BOOM.

In Rainbows

I think the Frenkie de Jong hype has really gotten out of control. Talented young player and plenty of potential but my god he's getting more praise than prime Zidane ffs.

This won't be popular but I think he's going to flop. And if he's anywhere other than United I hope he does just that. BOOM.
He's clearly talented though. Mobile, can dribble, can create space for himself, has vision, etc... I would love to have a player like him in the side as it just makes our midfield more dynamic.

Sjaakmeoff

The thing that has gotten out of control is that people love to hate the hype. Even if it's real.

izec

The internet wasnt as widespread back then, nowadays Zidane's hype would be huge

Member 93275

Come on, the other trolls with the "he's a flop and I hate him because... people like him" rhetoric at least named some Dutch players who didn't make it.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Fact is that he plays in a League that is worse than the Championship and doesn't have impressive numbers and I don't just mean goal/assist but things such as chances created,dribbles completed and attempted,key passes,interceptions,tackles

Mason Mount looked like a world beater in Eredivisie and he's not good enough for Chelsea's 1st team.

El-Manos

Players from Eredivisie do not warrant such high price tags. Some turn out good but the majority don't. Big risk for PSG.

Member 93275

So did Zlatan, Suarez, Van Dijk, Eriksen etc. You don't even know his stats, do you? Just more boilerplate "he's not from the PL" stuff without looking at the actual player. He must be really good if that's all what the trolls can think of.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Players from Eredivisie do not warrant such high price tags. Some turn out good but the majority don't. Big risk for PSG.
He fills a huge need for them. It's a gamble, but it's the same club who paid 180m for a teenager with 6 months of professional football, nothing new for them to make big gambles.

Member 93275

Unlike the Eredivisie whiners, the French saw him play against their world cup winning midfield twice, which was set up to neutralize him, but failed and he came out on top twice. They are crazy about him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Fact is that he plays in a League that is worse than the Championship and doesn't have impressive numbers and I don't just mean goal/assist but things such as chances created,dribbles completed and attempted,key passes,interceptions,tackles

Mason Mount looked like a world beater in Eredivisie and he's not good enough for Chelsea's 1st team.
Mount is better than Barkley...

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Unlike the Eredivisie whiners, the French saw him play against their world cup winning midfield twice, which was set up to neutralize him, but failed and he came out on top twice. They are crazy about him.
Not sure how he came out on top twice when the Dutch lost the first game. The second game was about the worst performances for France last year, but he was impressive however I give more credit to what he's shown in the season as a whole and the fact that with Rabiot gone he is probably the most exciting option available when you take talent and age into consideration. I don't know much about him, is he good on the defensive side? Because PSG badly need a defensive midfielder as well as a CM.

Cait Sith

The biggest hype job I've seen in a long time. Premier League midtable level talent. So going to PSG to the only stacked team makes sense, won't be too noticeable there how average he is, except of course in the Champions League.

Member 93275

Great analyses again folks, he sucks because the Dutch team got to the wrong side of the score line, the French team sucked when they did get on the right side, and your expert eye spots a hype without further words necessary about the actual player. Why not send those expert reports to the scouts and directors of Barca, Man City, PSG and Bayern, they will be impressed and turn on their previously amateur observations where they misguidedly focused on the player's performances instead. And what about Player X and Y from the Eredivisie who didn't make it in the PL? You forgot about them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The biggest hype job I've seen in a long time. Premier League midtable level talent. So going to PSG to the only stacked team makes sense, won't be too noticeable there how average he is, except of course in the Champions League.
:lol:

It’s okay, mate. You’ve signed the problem child they’re expertly replacing him with.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I'm French.
He was invisible against our WC midfield.
The only game he shined in was against a midfield of Nzonzi/Kante/Matuidi, lacking the only technical player : POGBA

And our midfield ALWAYS suffers as Deschamps hates posseession football.

We're not crazy about him in France, general opinion is that he's overrated and PSG only wants him to spite Barcelona's board

L1nk

Well he is Barca bound it seems, not PSG bound. Glad he picked them, for his career, and we obviously didn't seem bothered (shocker).

izec

So Barca it is... i dont think there is a wrong move, but Barca should suit him better for obvious reasons.

Trizy

Hope he fails. I hate Barca and hate seeing talent youngsters not signing for us.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He seems to suffer from Hazard syndrome, can't make up his mind, let's hope he front release an hour long show about it...oh wait, Griezmann stole that idea.

Zes

He seems to suffer from Hazard syndrome, can't make up his mind, let's hope he front release an hour long show about it...oh wait, Griezmann stole that idea.
Why should he make his mind up? He's at Ajax untill the summer and he's not the one posting all the nonsense rumours and articles.

TrebleFan99

Jesus. France did not set up to neutralize a child. Unless you're joking?

See everybody - this is textbook over hyping a player. Talented yes, but this is hysterical.

Aloysius's Back 3

It's a shame because if anything - Kevin Prince boateng signing for the club is an indication of the impending decline of Barcelona. It's got nothing to do with the player it self - but more so the type of player he is. Same with dembele; a good individualistic player but nothing like the team players we saw during Barcelona's wonder years.

No more possession football that utilises the whole team, no more of their DNA oozing through every pass & manoeuvre. They will use Messi's strengths for a few years but that is most likely what they are only going to be left with.

De Jong is making a good move considering that I don't think it will be too hard for him to get a position in the XI - however if he is moving expecting to join a new version of that legendary squad - I think he will be left dissatisfied.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would have guessed Barca from the start. Doesn't matter how much money others have, Barca and Real Madrid will just be the pinnacle for most players. Historically where the most talented players have played always.

Think he'll be a great signing for them though. They needed to get their midfield back up to what they're known for.

SATA

I have to admit that i will be jealous at whichever team he eventually goes to as i want him at United. But then i remember that we have Paul Pogba and we can't have them all. Would be fantastic to have both play in the same team at Old Trafford though

tieunhilang

I have to admit that i will be jealous at whichever team he eventually goes to as i want him at United. But then i remember that we have Paul Pogba and we can't have them all. Would be fantastic to have both play in the same team at Old Trafford though
I'm also jealous at PSG for having Mbappe. Imagine Pogba feeding him with those balls...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's a shame because if anything - Kevin Prince boateng signing for the club is an indication of the impending decline of Barcelona. It's got nothing to do with the player it self - but more so the type of player he is. Same with dembele; a good individualistic player but nothing like the team players we saw during Barcelona's wonder years.

No more possession football that utilises the whole team, no more of their DNA oozing through every pass & manoeuvre. They will use Messi's strengths for a few years but that is most likely what they are only going to be left with.

De Jong is making a good move considering that I don't think it will be too hard for him to get a position in the XI - however if he is moving expecting to join a new version of that legendary squad - I think he will be left dissatisfied.
The kid Frenkie Dear Jong is going to be dissatisfied with Barcelona. Fecking hell he's been put on some padestal by posters here. I think, and I don't feel I'm wrong, he's the one who has to prove he has what it takes to be Barcelona standard.

In Rainbows

Would have guessed Barca from the start. Doesn't matter how much money others have, Barca and Real Madrid will just be the pinnacle for most players. Historically where the most talented players have played always.

Think he'll be a great signing for them though. They needed to get their midfield back up to what they're known for.
Their galactico stategy feeds into this mentality. Little kids grow up wanting to be their idols and if those 2 clubs continually get those players, little kids eventually want to be at that club. It's one thing I agreed with Woodward on when it comes to transfers.

At our club, de Gea and Pogba are two such players. Kids want to be like them.

I would have loved a midfielder like De Jong to be paired with Pogba.

Treble

He will struggle with the massive hype around him. He's not ready to start for Barca, not in big league and CL games anyway. He's young and will be given time but the pressure on him will be huge.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Apparently the final fee is going to be more than 75m Euros!
Edit: I was wrong, the final fee is around 90m euros!

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/3056...edium=social&utm_campaign=seeding-televoetbal
fecking hell, 90 million. That's just insane fee for a player playing in Dutch league and only good team he played against in CL was Bayern and he was just decent in that game. Even in Dutch league, he played 3000 mins which is around 33 games.

It's a huge risk, maybe clubs have complete confidence in his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.