Frenkie de Jong| Off to Barca - Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
€16m per year in wages?! (€10m basic, €6m in bonuses).

Jesus.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The PSG links were probably true if it forced Barca to overbid like that.
Based on the reports that we have heard since this summer, PSG aren't even willing to spend in the 40m range, they want someone that is relatively cheap until the UEFA decides what they want to do. I wouldn't be surprised if it's City that they were competing with from the beginning.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Barcelona’s wage structure is beyond ridiculous, how the hell can they keep buying players for this amount and paying them so much when their wage bill is already so much bigger than any other club?

It would be hilarious if they keep failing to win the Champions League after this kind of investment.

Last edited:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Based on the reports that we have heard since this summer, PSG aren't even willing to spend in the 40m range, they want someone that is relatively cheap until the UEFA decides what they want to do. I wouldn't be surprised if it's City that they were competing with from the beginning.
I agree this raises questions but even if you're not willing to pull the trigger it's worth making the prices more expensive for your competitors.

The photos of PSG management travelling to Amsterdam to negociate we real.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I agree this raises questions but even if you're not willing to pull the trigger it's worth making the prices more expensive for your competitors.

The photos of PSG management travelling to Amsterdam to negociate we real.
I just realized that it was Barcelona and PSG, El khelaifi vs Bartomeu. I actually feel silly now, PSG would totally pretend to be after him just to piss off Barcelona while helping Ajax.

Last edited:

staniswin

Proper football club who use their money well.. meanwhile we , the richest football club in the world doesn't want to spend.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Ajax are gonna fecking blow away the rest of the Eredivisie in terms of financial performances.

HDRubens

Supports
PSG
I can confirm that PSG were in for him, we even held advanced talk back in Amsterdam last December with his agent.

Antero Henrique our sporting director went to meet him personally along with Maxwell, the talks were positive but he eventually changed his mind after seeking advice from close football relatives.

He was even labeled a done deal back in December.

ArjenIsM3

And he doesn't really stand out there either.

People hype this up:

He really does. Also, you simply picked out a game where Ajax as a whole underperformed. He's obviously an exceptional talent even though it remains to be seen if he can do it in a different league.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Ok, this ís reliable.

Barcelona reps are in Amsterdam to finalize the deal. 75+7mio Euro's

So the initial fee is around £65 million. £5 to £6 million in add ons. Really not as excessive as it's made out to be, not the most expensive Dutch player in history either.

With Raiola involved in De Ligt's transfer business, it'll be interesting to see if he's going to make it a personal prestige project to move him for more than that.

onemanarmy

Proper football club who use their money well.. meanwhile we , the richest football club in the world doesn't want to spend.
They've bought some duds too in recent years. Mina, Turan, Gomes, Digne, Paulinho and Deulofeu are already gone, all recent buys. Their big buys recently: Malcolm hasn't exactly set the world on fire, Coutinho has been underwhelming, so has Dembélé.

Now they pay a crazy amount of money for a rather unproven player from the Eredivisie and they are suddenly a proper football club?

Johnny Love

They've bought some duds too in recent years. Mina, Turan, Gomes, Digne, Paulinho and Deulofeu are already gone, all recent buys. Their big buys recently: Malcolm hasn't exactly set the world on fire, Coutinho has been underwhelming, so has Dembélé.

Now they pay a crazy amount of money for a rather unproven player from the Eredivisie and they are suddenly a proper football club?
I agree. They've wasted so much money on players that have barely played or had any kind of impact. Players like Gomes, Turan, Malcom and Paulinho were not cheap and were useless signings.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Great signing. I do not know where they get the money from.
To counterattack this great tranfer, Madrid will sign a child for 50 million or a couple of goalkeepers.

Johnny Love

To counterattack this great tranfer, Madrid will sign a child for 50 million or a couple of goalkeepers.
Lolol you would think Real are due for a crazy spending spree.

AshleyDevil

€75 Million is too much! Lad looks amazing at Ajax, but it's Ajax! De Jong and De Ligt both look great but €75 million is too much for me until there proved good somewhere else. I'd like both at Manchester United don't get me wrong but €75 Million? Jesus.

BlueHaze

If only we could do the same thing with De Ligt..

Last edited:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
:lol:

AshleyDevil

Real Madrid will sign Hazard or an Ndombele in the summer i think, always a little competiton with transfers between Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The kid is class and will have a bright future at Barca. Ajax play a similar style and he will only look better surrounded by even better players.

Glad he's chosen Barca instead of PSG.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Being a Real fan must be so trying?! What with all that failure you're so accustomed to?!

marktan

75m euros isn't really that much if he lives up to his potential, a world class CM that has 10+ years at the top potentially.

The way the market is you can't go out and but an established player like Veratti for 75m, very few top teams will sell their best players for anywhere near that now. So you need to spend big on buying the upcoming talent. Barcelona are building a very good young team with players like Dembele, Arthur and De Jong.

PoTMS

After all the hype, would love nothing more than this guy to flop. Need the big Spanish two to start signing duds to catch up.

reddevil702

Why do we get so caught up in the transfer fee? Barca got the player they wanted and that's all that matters. I wish United were this ruthless in the transfer market.

Cloud7

Arthur and De Jong....Barca already building their next best midfield in the world.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Being a Real fan must be so trying?! What with all that failure you're so accustomed to?!
Yes, it is very trying. We do not know what to do with our time.
Disturb in other forums speculating about your favorite players, undervalue Barça, debate if Isco is fat...

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Why do we get so caught up in the transfer fee? Barca got the player they wanted and that's all that matters. I wish United were this ruthless in the transfer market.
Have a look at the Darmian thread, lots are overjoyed that we are holding out for 12m euros total instead of letting him go for 8m euros total. He'll get to play 5 games a season and some on here can get a moral victory from it while everyone else is lamenting our bad defence.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Yes, it is very trying. We do not know what to do with our time.
Disturb in other forums speculating about your favorite players, undervalue Barça, debate if Isco is fat...
:lol:

Every club has their very own Luke Shaw then?!

All sounds fairly...normal, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.