Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

He can stay in the sunnier climes of Barcelona with his cushy lifestyle and supermodel girlfriend whilst Barcelona pull his levers and con him out of more wages.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
But we need a certain profile of midfielder and he fits.

Bellingham is a different player.
Bellingham could easily play alongside Casemiro though. Not so sure where you're going with that theory.

His old man is a Scouser through and through though so I don't see Jude ending up here.

croadyman

Bellingham will cost a lot more. I think the choice was between FDJ and Casemiro. Casemiro is a much better 6 right now. He hasn’t looked that good in the games against us. Kessie was poor too (and I really wanted us to sign him on a free) If the manager still wants him then sign him up. If we get ETH what he needs then we will challenge at the highest levels again. No doubt about it.
Yeah Erik already showed some magic and we still lack commanding GK,progressive CM and top striker for first XI

Djemba-Djemba

I thought he was poor in the first leg and tonight looked nice and tidy but nothing more.

Put a nice cross in for Kounde to nearly score in the 2nd half.

Wasn't blown away by his performances I'll be honest.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Who should we sign to partner Casa?
Tough call, I don't follow enough other leagues with any regularity these days to know what's out there. For me though, our own De Bruyne would be amazing. Just don't think he's out there. Somebody with real top quality on the ball that can bring control to our team.

Alternatively Casemiro and Caicedo would be a formidable midfield to break down, but I'm not sure if it's balanced enough. Though Caicedo could eventually become that deeper midfielder once Casemiro is ready to step aside.

sport2793

To be fair that cross to Kounde was class, he clearly has an eye for a pass and ability in crowded areas but if it was him over Casemiro this summer then we wouldn't be where we are right now. Ultimately would say though that it would be good to have him alongside Case as another option to ensure we can control matches consistently even with a congested fixture list.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He's like a stereotypical Arsenal player of the last 10 years. Fancy bits here and there but, ultimately does nothing and is more style than substance.
To be fair everyone ETH has signed seems to be a total winner. This lad obviously has more than a bit of drive and confidence about himself to stay and back himself under all that pressure at Barca last summer and to become a main player in a probable league wining team. I think he’s a very cool head on the ball and can spread the play in a way in which can help beat the press repeatedly. There aren’t too many players out there like that. In ETH we trust

Darkhorsez

To be fair everyone ETH has signed seems to be a total winner. This lad obviously has more than a bit of drive and confidence about himself to stay and back himself under all that pressure at Barca last summer and to become a main player in a probable league wining team. I think he’s a very cool head on the ball and can spread the play in a way in which can help beat the press repeatedly. There aren’t too many players out there like that. In ETH we trust
Exactly!

croadyman

Tough call, I don't follow enough other leagues with any regularity these days to know what's out there. For me though, our own De Bruyne would be amazing. Just don't think he's out there. Somebody with real top quality on the ball that can bring control to our team.

Alternatively Casemiro and Caicedo would be a formidable midfield to break down, but I'm not sure if it's balanced enough. Though Caicedo could eventually become that deeper midfielder once Casemiro is ready to step aside.
Yeah not sure it gives us that playmaker to compliment Casa,however would make us so unbelievably solid

Suedesi

When he needs to step up, he wilts instead.

He's performing well until the game intensifies and everyone goes into hyper mode. Hype mode used to be his arena, and it just isn't anymore; it's just too many games it happens in.

I don't have particular qualms about him coming here, but I don't think he's the player you can put any stock in when the going gets [really] tough. He wants no part of that smoke at precisely the time he should be dominating play.
Nothing to do with Busquets' drop of stamina in the second half? He was covering two positions on that pitch for Barca...

Suedesi

Literally his only asset is to drive with the ball forward when he's got time and space. He had only on one occassion and that's definitely not good enough for a top club we are again aspiring to be. Understand the profile of the player but he lacks any kind of intensite and advanced passing skill. Not sure why are people creaming about him, he's only a decent short passer but Spanish league is played in very different tempo.

Remember when Andreas Pereira played like prime Scholes in one of the (or two!) preseasons and cup games..and he wasn't even suited to that role.
See the cross for Kunde in the 63rd minute that almost resulted in a goal. Barca didn't create much but he was one of their bright sparks

Erik the Red

He was very good tonight even with Fred doing a good job on him.

Casemiro - De Jong

Antony Bruno Rashford

Kane/Oshimen

That would be amazing
With back up:

Eriksen - new CDM

Bad man - Sancho - Garnacho

Martial

It will be the first time in years that we've got a first team with no obvious gaps, and a strong bench as well.

Teja

He just does the unsexy bits really well even when he's effectively being marked out of the game. We made an entire game plan across two legs to nullify him, that's how important Ten Hag felt he was.

I am fully onboard, him + Casemiro + Bruno will be a contender for the best midfield partnerships in the world. We haven't really had that since Carrick / Scholes and even that was questionable with an aging Scholes and a Carrick who didn't like it when he was pressed.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Nah he played us around and turned us down to stay at Barca, do not want. Let’s go all in for Bellingham.

Edwards6

Nah he played us around and turned us down to stay at Barca, do not want. Let’s go all in for Bellingham.
Wasn't that simple to leave Barca, they were trying to force him out without paying the money they owe him so understandable why he refused

SAFMUTD

Being honest I didn't see a 80M player neither today nor in the first leg. 60M sure, but he seems somehow ineffective.

Anyway if ten Hag wants him I'm all in.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Being honest I didn't see a 80M player neither today nor in the first leg. 60M sure, but he seems somehow ineffective.

Anyway if ten Hag wants him I'm all in.
So your expectations of a player is based on how much they cost?

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think he is a quality and assure buy. I think he will provide more composure, control and precise passing. He is still very young and can be part of our team for next 8-10 years. We will be able dominate against most team. 100% a buy if Barcelona agrees to sell.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
FDJ said he didn't want to play in the Europa League, so we obliged him. At the very least he now owes us.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nothing to do with Busquets' drop of stamina in the second half? He was covering two positions on that pitch for Barca...
It's not the first, second, third or forth time he's disappeared once the/a game intensified. Exact same MO for his NT.

So Busquets fading may play a hand in this instance, but I wouldn't say that with any certainty.

We ramped up our game and coincidentally, his faded, independent of what was going on around him. He essentially lost his 1:1 contest with a player plenty of posters don't want here or claim isn't fit to be a starter. De Jong is held to a far higher standard and scrutiny - for the outlay, more is expected from him.

NLunited

The Frenkie ship has sailed. I‘d rather get Bellingham, and one of the young Italian midfielders in, like Nicolo Rovella or Fagioli. We also need back up for Cashmere.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Fantastic player. Much more physically durable than I realized too. Can see why ETH would love him at United. A midfield three of De Jong, Case and Bruno would be up there with the best in Europe. I can see us going back for him in the summer. I still have my doubts about whether he'll want to leave again.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Wasn't that simple to leave Barca, they were trying to force him out without paying the money they owe him so understandable why he refused
Ok but he did wasted our time whole summer. We could have even bought players like Enzo for 20m but we are reserving our budget for De Jong all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.