Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
On paper a Casemiro, de Jong & Bruno midfield 3 has everything.
It certainly looks fantastic. With Eriksen as a rotational player for de Jong and Bruno.

But it's not happening.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not that fussed on him anymore really. Wouldn’t say no, obviously, but think there are other options that would be more bang for buck so to speak

Donut

Why would this be on now? The deferred wages are still an issue and he actually forced his way into their first team.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don't want him over Bellingham or Enzo if United could pull that kind of player even if its slightly more money.

Better players, younger and they're hungry to perform.

Last summer sure, but he didn't sign and wanted to stay at Barca, he can stay there.

Hughes35

reckon I've been unlucky in that every time I watch him I barely notice him. Maybe that's his strength? Does all the work but largely goes unnoticed until he's not playing at it becomes obvious he's missing?
Maybe so. I used to think the same about Zlatan years and years ago as every time I watched him, he was poor...... I was obviously wrong though.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How good is he really then? Didn’t really notice him much in the World Cup - doesn’t mean he didn’t play well

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Ten Haag playing the clingy ex-gf. He literally said he was never interested.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
How good is he really then? Didn’t really notice him much in the World Cup - doesn’t mean he didn’t play well
He's too weak to play in the PL and he'll get found out. He'll also be poor with his passing because he's used to playing on dry surfaces, and his wife has already posted on Instagram that she doesn't like the local kebab shops. I've also heard that De Gea has pinched all of the extra long neck warmers so he'll be fecked come next winter.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
r
I don't want him over Bellingham or Enzo if United could pull that kind of player even if its slightly more money.

Last summer sure, but he didn't sign and wanted to stay at Barca, he can stay there.
This is where I am with it. Was desperate to sign him in the summer but the double transfer of Casemiro and Eriksen was far better suited to what we needed.

I fear he would also need a bit of time to adapt to the pace of the game (granted he would as he is obviously quality and is a bit of a cliche), but from watching him for Barca and Holland this season he does get caught on the ball quite a bit more than I expected.

Feel he would go missing in games when we need a bit of steel. I reckon we have no chance of Bellingham, but would love Enzo.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I'd definitely take Frenkie over Bellingham, we need the deep playmaker who can receive the ball under pressure and Frenkie does this better than almost anyone in world football. Next to Casemiro it'd be a fantastic partnership.

Enzo I think would give us better defensive solidity while being press resistant, Frenkie would give us more going forward with his ability to break through the lines with the ball.

Bellingham is a very talented young midfielder, but he's not a deep midfielder in any way nor is he a playmaker, or someone who specializes in receiving the ball from deep and progressing up the pitch. He's definitely the player who needs someone like that behind him.

Irrational.

He can continue playing second fiddle to Gavi, Pedri, Kessie, Busquets and the CBs at Barca whilst being owed £17 gajillion by them and Xavi publicly telling him to feck off.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Our squad isn't that big anymore, if we can afford his wages and he wants to come then I think we can afford it? Regardless of a new owner. Lose Ronaldo, gain a world class CM. It's like a reverse of the last time.

croadyman

Our squad isn't that big anymore, if we can afford his wages and he wants to come then I think we can afford it? Regardless of a new owner. Lose Ronaldo, gain a world class CM. It's like a reverse of the last time.
Yeah still doesn't seem he wants to leave

romufc

He doesn’t! We know this already!!
I dont get why people like making their own narratives. It is so obvious that he doesn't want to come to United. He said it himself that his priority has always been to stay at Barca.

I mean he accepted a bench role over coming to United and fans still think there is a chance.

I see there being less of a chance now than last summer, Barca have shown, they can fiddle books and find money without selling, Xavi has now accepted De Jong is actually a better fit in his team.

jesperjaap

I disagree, he is ahead of both of them at the moment and be the star player at most other clubs other than Barcelona and the trio they have. NOt to say Bellingham and/or Fernandez wont become better players as both have pretty much everything attribute wise in differnt ways to have briliant careers.

I never really wanted DeJong in the summer purely as I never thought he wanted to leave Barcelona or to come here. Alwyas thought if he left anoter huge side would come in for him at thelast minute or a CL side with a bottomless pit of money.

I still have a feeling if he was to come here it would be in the summer AND dependant on us getting a CL spot, thats why I am massively keen for us to sign him as neither am I Bellingham as he has turned us down and just get the impression he doesnt really want to play for the club even now he is becoming established.

Thats why I wanted Enzo Fernandez from seeing him at Benfica and I genuinely think he fits in to what we need most of all three, but lets be honest we would be doing brilliantly in terms of a player signing any of them, they are all top top central midfielders and add so much to our side

RopersReturn

Watched him closely playing for Holland and really thought he lacked pizazz. I actually think we could be a little more imaginative in finding a similar player with better attributes and cheaper too!

didz

I'd definitely take Frenkie over Bellingham, we need the deep playmaker who can receive the ball under pressure and Frenkie does this better than almost anyone in world football. Next to Casemiro it'd be a fantastic partnership.

Enzo I think would give us better defensive solidity while being press resistant, Frenkie would give us more going forward with his ability to break through the lines with the ball.

Bellingham is a very talented young midfielder, but he's not a deep midfielder in any way nor is he a playmaker, or someone who specializes in receiving the ball from deep and progressing up the pitch. He's definitely the player who needs someone like that behind him.
Not that I'd turn down any of them, and not that I think any of them are available to us, but I think this is a 100% accurate assessment.

If you just consider the player profiles, De Jong is by far the best fit.

kaku06

Again? When will this end Robbie? Feels like this transfer saga is a payback for our sins.

kaku06

Atleast give us the time to recuperate ffs. Death by thousand cuts.

Teja

Bruno still the weak link for me.
Highest rated player at the WC. He was fantastic for Portugal. We should stop expecting him to do things he's not good at and unleash his creativity / goal scoring. Any manager would love a player as creative and as committed to putting in the hard yards as Bruno.

Teja

Can we please move on from this dork. There are surely better players out there who actually want to play for us ?
Enzo fernandez looks fantastic - I hope we get in on it before City do. The only problem is that he's not a ball carrier like Bellingham, FdJ etc. If anything, he'd be replacing Casemiro in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.