Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Manos

Enzo fernandez looks fantastic - I hope we get in on it before City do. The only problem is that he's not a ball carrier like Bellingham, FdJ etc. If anything, he'd be replacing Casemiro in a few years.
Now we’re talking :devil:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Highest rated player at the WC. He was fantastic for Portugal. We should stop expecting him to do things he's not good at and unleash his creativity / goal scoring. Any manager would love a player as creative and as committed to putting in the hard yards as Bruno.
Not denying he is a good player. More about his natural fit for the kind of style I think Ten Hag is trying to build.
High territory, withh lots of pressing requires players with outstanding technique to prevent unnecessary ball losses and having to reorganise around the half way line and close to your box. High intense pressing is impossible if you are constantly losing the ball, you can't squeeze the pitch, you will run out of gas, doped or not.
I would naturally want the link between our attack and midfield to be more a techical player with an ability to play in tight spaces, keep the ball and link play in the final third.

Mainoldo

I much rather have Enzo. But I guess we waste another summer chasing him
I think Frenkie is a good 2x better than Enzo. It’s a case of out of site out of mind. Watching in for the Dutch I can say he’s world class. But of course Enzo is still very young.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I trust ETH but United still needs to offer him alternative options.
10 names in his head shouldn't be our "must get" targets. Casemiro didn't turn out so bad after all
You’re right, but Casemiro isn’t a good example. We didn’t need a scouting dept to know he would be class. He’s been a top midfielder all his career. The major surprise is RM letting him go.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Comunicado Oficial : "Frenkie ha decidido unirse al Manchester United para evitar que Ten Haag le envíe un WhatsApp todas las noches"

Bondi77

He does not want to come to Utd!
What is hard to understand about that.

Offsideagain

The Media want him to come or at least, they will keep reporting that FDJ wants to come as it fills column inches. Nobody of note will come in January anyway.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Confident he wants to join? HOW? He's said nothing of the sort.
No, he’s only said nothing because of the deferred wages and not wanting to weaken his negotiating stance with Barca! Or so we are repeatedly told! Hahaha. And to be clear, I held on to this line or belief back in the summer as well, sadly :(

Shai-Hulud

No, he’s only said nothing because of the deferred wages and not wanting to weaken his negotiating stance with Barca! Or so we are repeatedly told! Hahaha. And to be clear, I held on to this line or belief back in the summer as well, sadly :(
I, too, simped for the **** during the summer. :(

Plant0x84

Yep me too, but his interview after the window closed made it clear he’s never had any intention of moving anywhere.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
It's unlikely that he'll come here but stranger things have happened. I also need a thread to dump a few hundred posts for spamming reasons.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yep me too, but his interview after the window closed made it clear he’s never had any intention of moving anywhere.
I don't think he has any intention of going anywhere. He could spend the rest of his career on the Barca bench and he'd still be happy to stay there. Pretty sure his girlfriend pulls a lot of the strings

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's unlikely that he'll come here but stranger things have happened. I also need a thread to dump a few hundred posts for spamming reasons.
Can't see him coming here either to be honest, but as you say it could happen.
It's going to be one of them windows with conflicting reports... UK journos say United are confident, Romero says things are happening and the rest of the twitter squad say no changes

Plant0x84

Yeah not getting aboard the train this time round :mad:

Choo choo on without ish :(
There is no Frenkie train. It’s not a train carriage, it’s a portacabin on a bleak abandoned industrial estate car park full of weirdos sat in rows gently rocking back and forth whispering ‘he told ETH he wants to come’ and ‘things are happening’ while @golden_blunder runs around the seats shouting “CHOO CHOO! Tickets please!” :nervous::wenger::D

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
There is no Frenkie train. It’s not a train carriage, it’s a portacabin on a bleak abandoned industrial estate car park full of weirdos sat in rows gently rocking back and forth whispering ‘he told ETH he wants to come’ and ‘things are happening’ while @golden_blunder runs around the seats shouting “CHOO CHOO! Tickets please!” :nervous::wenger::D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This is very true... us muppets have wisened up to the BS spouted by the media now. We have evolved to a higher level where we see the truth haha

Ish

Lights on for Luke
:lol:

you are a brave man talking about Geebs in that way :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.