Frenkie De Jong - Part 3?

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
Barcelona will sell him for around 70-75M, provided they can save most of his deferred salary.
In case Barcelona has to pay the whole of his deferred salary the price will increase.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Barcelona will sell him for around 70-75M, provided they can save most of his deferred salary.
In case Barcelona has to pay the whole of his deferred salary the price will increase.
Why do Barca think they can get away with not paying his whole deferred salary?

Mani

We should stay away from this, this circus would run for some time and player would agree for less and stay ar Barca.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They would sell him for far less than that I imagine.

70-75m is the fee they agreed with us two years ago. Now with less time left on his contract and more wages due than was the case at the time, I suspect a team could probably get him for 40-50m if they can get out of those deferred wages.

pascell

That's not how it works, any club negotiating his transfer will not entertain paying a high fee due to the incompetence of Barcelona and the deferred wages.

Barcelona have backed themselves into a corner now with the wages situation.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Moral of the story we all want De Jongs agent to be our agents.... He done an amazing deal for Frankie to the point he bummed Barca properly.
Even if he is on 600k a week, he's only on that much because he played for peanuts (relatively speaking of course) in his first two years, and what he should have been getting paid then is now being added on. He effectively loaned them money for two years and then they tried to force him out before they had to pay the money back, so nobody should be feeling sorry for Barca or thinking his agent 'bummed' them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Even if he is on 600k a week, he's only on that much because he played for peanuts (relatively speaking of course) in his first two years, and what he should have been getting paid then is now being added on. He effectively loaned them money for two years and then they tried to force him out before they had to pay the money back, so nobody should be feeling sorry for Barca or thinking his agent 'bummed' them.
And also nobody should be feeling he’s some sort of terrible and unprofessional character for not simply walking away two years ago.

gajender

Answer is in between both of these. They'll start a smear campaign soon if he doesn't show signs of acquiescence.
It's been answered already Barca tried that last season as well But De Jong didn't budge on salary nor they were able to force him out .

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's been answered already Barca tried that last season as well But De Jong didn't budge on salary nor they were able to force him out .
They didn't try hard enough. They're shameless enough to ramp it up if they really wanted him gone.

Offsideagain

I wouldn't have him on a free. He clearly doesn't want to play for United and his Missus likes Barcelona. He doesn't fit the Ineos profile for their employees, amongst which is FIFO (Fit In or F*** Off)

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He will collect his deferred wages one way or the other. There is no way Barcelona can get away from it.

prateik

He wont be pushed out. He refused a couple of years ago.. He will happily stay at Barca and collect his money.
FFP and its enforcement means not many clubs will be keen on picking up his wages either..

Barca will either keep him or have to pay him off before selling him.

Love that he didnt get bullied last time .. hope he doesnt budge now either.

PINGUtd

I honestly believe he would not mind joining us. The problem is that he is fully aware that Barça cannot pay the money he is owed and therefore sticks with them and postpones the issue. If he would have signed for us earlier, he would have just renounced on way too much money but "cancelling" his golden contract in Spain.

Love him as a player and would sign him for the right price (and wages). BUT, I Do not think that FCB will be able to solve this contractual mess with him necessary to facilitate a transfer.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
He wont be pushed out. He refused a couple of years ago.. He will happily stay at Barca and collect his money.
FFP and its enforcement means not many clubs will be keen on picking up his wages either..

Barca will either keep him or have to pay him off before selling him.

Love that he didnt get bullied last time .. hope he doesnt budge now either.
Yeah the last part of it is kind of critical to me here. People are criticizing him for sticking with Barça but they are ignoring he is primarily forcing them to try and uphold their contractual obligations to him. Barca fecked around with this which is hardly his fault it seems.

Monks_United

Mes que un club would do anything to not have to pay De Jong his deferred wages. Will probably bribe the judge if this goes to court. Doubt De Jong would complain specially because his partner loves the city so much. She might even convince him to pay Barca to continue playing there

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They’re going to end up having to sell him for 30-40m I reckon. They’ve fecked themselves into a hole and it’s too publicly known for everyone to just assume they can charge his market value as normal. The reality is he’s their highest paid player by a fair margin, and even players like Lewandowski and Raphinha agreed to less money when joining them, and FDJ earns much more. It’s not sustainable, but they are trapped. I think talk of letting him go for free is a stretch, but if they get an offer for 25/30m - they would have to at least consider it if it frees them of their contractual obligation to him.

I said after the first pursuit that this was not over. Even when he got back in the team and they were putting out statements saying he was unsellable, I called it as BS. He will remain on the transfer list unless he agrees a new contract. Good performances, nice words don’t address the root of the matter here, and if he doesn’t renegotiate, he will remain available until the end of his contract.

If he’s smart, he will stay there for the last two years and collect all of his money, and THEN he will sign a new reduced contract with them, which I imagine they would want to sign as they had invested so much and wouldn’t want him walking away for free.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Only realistic teams right now is Bayern, PSG or City (but Rodri)

He isn't going to leave Barca and forego those Saudi wages unless it's a current top club challenging on all fronts. I'm hopeful both parties can work something out and he stays.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It’s Barcelona. They are a criminal enterprise.
They know FdJ is a **** who loves Barcelona.
Its weird, because it presented as if it's an option, paired with a big fee and suitors will be like - sure we'll pay the big fee because of your deferred wage payments, that's not fair on you. Or even presented like they should be able to pay only a percentage of the deferred wages because he's moving on, but they're the ones that want to sell.

It's so bizarre.

UpWithRivers

Just offer 150 for Arujo and FDJ. Out of which Barca pay FDJ what they owe him. 20 mill? That leaves them with 130 in the bank. Everyone's happy bar the CAF members wanting bargains like Rabiot and Todibo instead

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
Why do Barca think they can get away with not paying his whole deferred salary?
I did not say that Barcelona will not pay the deferred salary. If Barcelona has to pay the deferred salary, they will simply ask for a higher transfer.

They would sell him for far less than that I imagine.

70-75m is the fee they agreed with us two years ago. Now with less time left on his contract and more wages due than was the case at the time, I suspect a team could probably get him for 40-50m if they can get out of those deferred wages.
The transfer, with variables, came to 86M euros, I think I remember.
I think the offers will be in 70-80M, for less Barcelona will not even consider selling him.

That's not how it works, any club negotiating his transfer will not entertain paying a high fee due to the incompetence of Barcelona and the deferred wages.

Barcelona have backed themselves into a corner now with the wages situation.
Bartomeu did what he did and left the club in a critical state. Now things are much better but the club cannot sign without selling, at least until the stadium is operational.
If Barcelona does not receive the desired amount, or an approximate amount, they will not sell him and he will stay for 2 more years.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I did not say that Barcelona will not pay the deferred salary. If Barcelona has to pay the deferred salary, they will simply ask for a higher transfer.

The transfer, with variables, came to 86M euros, I think I remember.
I think the offers will be in 70-80M, for less Barcelona will not even consider selling him.

Bartomeu did what he did and left the club in a critical state. Now things are much better but the club cannot sign without selling, at least until the stadium is operational.
If Barcelona does not receive the desired amount, or an approximate amount, they will not sell him and he will stay for 2 more years.
You said "provided they can save most of his deferred salary". And then the second option is someone else pays for it with a higher transfer fee. That's just getting someone else to pay for it or you not paying it?

caid

Sounds the same as 2 years ago. He'll stay, keep the crazy wages and leave on a free. Theres no incentive not to

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
You said "provided they can save most of his deferred salary". And then the second option is someone else pays for it with a higher transfer fee. That's just getting someone else to pay for it or you not paying it?
Or that everyone gives a little in the negotiation, including FDJ.
What is unfeasible is for Barcelona to pay him the deferred salary and even sell him at a low price.
If the club does that, it blows up what little ffp margin they may have.

Option 1 - High transfer and Barcelona pay the full salary.
Option 2 - Transfer low but Barcelona don't pay the deferred salary.
Option 3 - Transfer in between and all 3 parties concede a little.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Sounds the same as 2 years ago. He'll stay, keep the crazy wages and leave on a free. Theres no incentive not to
I agree .. Why would he leave & lose money .. Barca did the deal & now they have to live with it.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Or that everyone gives a little in the negotiation, including FDJ.
What is unfeasible is for Barcelona to pay him the deferred salary and even sell him at a low price.
If the club does that, it blows up what little ffp margin they may have.

Option 1 - High transfer and Barcelona pay the full salary.
Option 2 - Transfer low but Barcelona don't pay the deferred salary.
Option 3 - Transfer in between and all 3 parties concede a little.
You do realize Barca aren't giving anything in any of those options? Everyone else is ceding something for Barca's benefit?

pascell

I expect him to stay too, he's currently on an overinflated wage for sure, renewing on lower wages will be the final outcome.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I expect him to stay too, he's currently on an overinflated wage for sure, renewing on lower wages will be the final outcome.
I don’t think so. The ‘overinflation’ is back payments owed. By the same token, he was underpaid years ago in order to get into this position. Simply being a nice guy and telling Barca to forget about the time they made him significantly defer his salary in order to save them seems unlikely, and at the very least - ill-advised.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Pretty much. Nothing change. If i am a club DOF I won't even waste time on him, unless his agent come forward and indicate the player want the move.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
You do realize Barca aren't giving anything in any of those options? Everyone else is ceding something for Barca's benefit?
So the outcome is written on the wall. just move on and lock the thread.

pascell

I don’t think so. The ‘overinflation’ is back payments owed. By the same token, he was underpaid years ago in order to get into this position. Simply being a nice guy and telling Barca to forget about the time they made him significantly defer his salary in order to save them seems unlikely, and at the very least - ill-advised.
I was under the impression that he was in astronomical wages when Barca signed him, hence having to defer wages? Maybe I'm wrong here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I was under the impression that he was in astronomical wages when Barca signed him, hence having to defer wages? Maybe I'm wrong here.
I mean, he was paid well, but Barcelona asked a number of their players to defer wages. Most of them have left now though, so unsure if they have gotten it back. Alba, Pique, Roberto, Busquets and probably more all deferred wages I believe.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Mes que un club would do anything to not have to pay De Jong his deferred wages. Will probably bribe the judge if this goes to court. Doubt De Jong would complain specially because his partner loves the city so much. She might even convince him to pay Barca to continue playing there
That seems a strange take, considering Barca did everything they could (constant public pressure to turn the fans against him, attempted to sell him, threatened legal action) two years ago and he just sat back and refused to accept anything other than them continuing to pay the contract that he had.

Amsterdam Devil

He won’t sign a new deal and he won’t leave in the summer. Nothing changed in two years time.

RoyH1

It’s Barcelona. They are a criminal enterprise.
:lol: So true.
If he doesn't budge in the summer again, watch the news for his house being robbed at some point. It's happened several times to other "incovenient" people down there.