Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

At this point in this saga, only one of these two statements can be true.

1. EtH knows he's coming, it's just a matter of when
2. We are the biggest mugs in all of sports
Nah. One of those is definitely true, but both can be true.

avgp_1

They can’t force shit. If he’s as adamant he aint going United as they say, it’d be absolutely foolhardy to leave themselves looking like morons and likely getting completely fleeced by a club he wants and who know they are desperate to sell, especially closer to the end of the window.
Well of course they can't make him sign for us, they can only pressurize him to leave while the best they can get is still available.

As I said, unless we walk away or it's the last days nearing their deadline it would be stupid of them to offer him around for lower fees

mu4c_20le

At this point in this saga, only one of these two statements can be true.

1. EtH knows he's coming, it's just a matter of when
2. We are the biggest mugs in all of sports
:lol: this is truly the mother of all sagas, it's got everything.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If he takes a 50% pay cut in addition to the €17m he already “gave up” then he deserves what he gets. If he is earning €20m a year and takes a pay cut then Barca will have saved €57m over the next 4 years.

fps

That’s true. He would rather have stayed. Shit happens.
It's a bit sad that all this is happening and he's really not seen as central to it. I wonder whether he could actually become a brilliant centre back for Barca and how they play.

Gandalf

Register or not, they have to honour the contract, so what difference does it make? It's financially ruinous for them should he stay. Informing him of anything doesn't supersede what was signed.

Or are you saying for the sake of him playing actual football? Which I think is absolutely the last thing either party care about at the moment.

Sitting tight until the World Cup and forgoing a season doesn't seem unlikely when there's so much at stake - are Barcelona prepared to test his constitution in such a way whilst it could do so much harm to them?
Might make a difference to the player but my comments were in response to whether they would leave him out of the team and as of right now they would have no choice unless they want to sit their new signings in the stands. Of course they can pull off some financial chicanery between now and then but time is running out and surely the player is not so lacking in ambition that he is going to be happy to be paid to not play, not at such an early stage of his career when he has achieved relatively little.

joedirt87

These reports from Spain are complete nonsense. He doesn't have to take a pay cut or leave.

He can just sit out his contract and Barcelona have to pay him.

Ha. Ha. Ha.
and Barcelona won't freeze him out of the squad.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Why are posters coming in telling others it is over and we should let it go?

What's that famous saying? It ain't over until the fat lady si- I mean fat Laporta signs the agreement to pay his deferred wages

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’d be a right dopey twerp giving in to these ridiculous demands.

He can just honour his contract though, don’t know who Barca think they are. Taking them to court for his owed 17m would be funny whilst still being employed by them.

Hoof the ball

What ultimatum?

Frenkie doesn't have to do shit. :lol:

"Either take a pay cut, or leave."

Oh ok. How about option 3, I don't take a pay cut and I don't leave?

For our sake I hope he does, but still.

mu4c_20le

These reports from Spain are complete nonsense. He doesn't have to take a pay cut or leave.

He can just sit out his contract and Barcelona have to pay him.

Ha. Ha. Ha.
What ultimatum?

Frenkie doesn't have to do shit. :lol:

"Either take a pay cut, or leave."

Oh ok. How about option 3, I don't take a pay cut and I don't leave?

For our sake I hope he does, but still.
I didn't see this as an option. Xavi did not present it as an option

croadyman

Why are posters coming in telling others it is over and we should let it go?

What's that famous saying? It ain't over until the fat lady si- I mean fat Laporta signs the agreement to pay his deferred wages
It ain't over til it's over, great song that

Wing Attack Plan R

I'm 35. I work in what everyone classifies as "IT" despite not working in IT, but my job is so unbelievably boring that it's not worth explaining to folk. I have four kids which means that TV time consists of Moana on repeat and outdoor time involves standing around in a park watching someone go down a slide three million fecking times.

I have to spend most of my day nodding and maintaining a minimal level of attentiveness whenever my missus talks about some mundane shite she had an argument with someone about, and watch drab horror and sci-fi movies just to ensure I can get my hole three times a week and not be forced to sleep on the couch with the dog.

If my life was a colour it would be the most tepid grey you've ever seen. Muppet Transfer Season is all some of us have. Don't be evil. Don't take it away from us.
Hole? Surely, my good man, you meant to write "holes", or you're simply not doing it right.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Might make a difference to the player but my comments were in response to whether they would leave him out of the team and as of right now they would have no choice unless they want to sit their new signings in the stands. Of course they can pull off some financial chicanery between now and then but time is running out and surely the player is not so lacking in ambition that he is going to be happy to be paid to not play, not at such an early stage of his career when he has achieved relatively little.
But not registering him whilst registering others, with him on his old contract, would be insane, even by their standards. That's adding debt to debt with zero financial restbite or alleviation mechanism (sale price); Barcelona wouldn't do that... would they (who knows by now!)?

From FDJ's point of view, it's a few months, not a career, with the World Cup being a unique carrot and opportunity to maintain his mental fortitude. For him, the means would justify the ends because that contract is a fortune, an absolutely crippling one to Barcelona.

In a strategical game of cat and mouse, he holds all the cards, it seems.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Barca are such a twat of a club. If that's true above then no way he can stay if he had any self respect. Informing him he has to fall in line with wage structure when he already done them a favour. Then barca signing loads of players. Cheeky bastards...what a horrible club.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He tell you that?
Just going off reports pal. It has been said so many times. It would be foolish to think Chelsea have no chance if reports are true that they are interested. I hope they aren't cause I feel we'd lose that race atm.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
[/QUOTE]

It's doable but it's risky, you need to perfectly know your crowd and said crowd needs to have lost faith in your sense.
Barcelona play in a few hours time

If he gets another 45mins or more then surely Xavi sees him as part of his plans, even if it is at CB
He has no choice, until FdJ leaves he is part of the club's plans because unlike the new signings he is definitely registrable.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@mazhar13 What does this mean and what does it imply?
It looks like Spain's version of the PFA is looking into Frenkie de Jong's situation and can possibly offer some statements of their own in response to Barcelona's situation. Whether they have the power or willingness to do anything remains to be seen.

Gandalf

But not registering him whilst registering others, with him on his old contract, would be insane, even by their standards. That's adding debt to debt with zero financial restbite or alleviation mechanism (sale price); Barcelona wouldn't do that... would they (who knows by now!)?

From FDJ's point of view, it's a few months, not a career, with the World Cup being a unique carrot and opportunity to maintain his mental fortitude. For him, the means would justify the ends because that contract is a fortune, an absolutely crippling one to Barcelona.

In a strategical game of cat and mouse, he holds all the cards, it seems.
I agree but what is the solution then?

Today Barca are saying take a pay cut or you must leave. If he says I pick option 3, no pay cut and I stay here they will turn up the heat and the next thing will be Barca briefing their pet media that Frenkie is a greedy foreigner who does not love the club and is destroying Barca by not allowing them to register their new signings. Barcelona may not be such a nice place to live when the whole community essentially turns against you and you have to worry about the Barca ultras targeting you if you go out in public. When Barca want someone gone they have a track record of going as low as it takes to make it happen.

the_cliff

Barcelona think that if they keep telling FDJ that he only has 2 options he'll somehow wake up one day forgetting that he has a third.

OrcaFat

Barca are such a twat of a club. If that's true above then no way he can stay if he had any self respect. Informing him he has to fall in line with wage structure when he already done them a favour. Then barca signing loads of players. Cheeky bastards...what a horrible club.
Yes! Atrocious behaviour by Barca and they surely know he simply does not have to move if he doesn’t want to. They have to make it worth his while.

Status
Not open for further replies.