Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Yes one season. the only season that matters for our future in the CL and De Jong is 22/23. Unless the boy is an absolute lunatic and claims that he won't join a club that wasn't in the CL in 2016/2017.
We have been very hit and miss as we all know since sir alex left. Still looking for the right manager and formula and always seem to be ripping the team apart and starting again every other season. Not attractive for some players, he doesn't have to be a lunatic to come to that conclusion.

Hopefully in ETH we've found the right manager and he's a good enough pull to convince FDJ.

Chelsea regularly play CL and won the thing just a year ago. We on the other hand embarrass ourselves there in the last 10 years.
They regularly finish behind United in the league, even with Roman moneybags. Without him, well, let’s not take any bets on how much better than us they remain from him when they could barely do it with the Russian.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mitten was just live on off the ball - he wasn’t upbeat. He said ETH wants him, nothing imminent and FDJ has given no indication he wants to join.
Mitten can walk into an orgy with the world's hottest supermodels and still not be upbeat to be fair.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We have been very hit and miss as we all know since sir alex left. Still looking for the right manager and formula and always seem to be ripping the team apart and starting again every other season. Not attractive for some players, he doesn't have to be a lunatic to come to that conclusion.

Hopefully in ETH we've found the right manager and he's a good enough pull to convince FDJ.
He would be an idiot if his conclusion was based on the distant past and not the future, what United has today or how he can be a different maker. I could totally get behind your point if it was based on the idea that United are going nowhere and that other clubs are in a far better shape but if we are being a bit serious Chelsea and PSG which are the other two main clubs he has been linked with are in a bit of turmoil themselves, there is no guarantee that Chelsea will be top 4 next season and there is no guarantee that PSG will do better than they have done in the past 2 years.

George The Best

K
But not registering him whilst registering others, with him on his old contract, would be insane, even by their standards. That's adding debt to debt with zero financial restbite or alleviation mechanism (sale price); Barcelona wouldn't do that... would they (who knows by now!)?

From FDJ's point of view, it's a few months, not a career, with the World Cup being a unique carrot and opportunity to maintain his mental fortitude. For him, the means would justify the ends because that contract is a fortune, an absolutely crippling one to Barcelona.

In a strategical game of cat and mouse, he holds all the cards, it seems.
Think he’s already registered so not an option

Red Rash

I'm really struggling to understand the situation at Barca. First they sign Lewandowski and Raphina for 100 million euros and probably on big salaries and then they are demanding De Jong reduces his salary even though they already owe him deferred wages.

If they didn't sign those players would they then be in a position to pay his contracted wage? Really struggle to see why De Jong would want to stay considering it feels like they are massively screwing him over at every opportunity.

House Mkhitaryan

I just can't believe the audacity. It's one thing to say, we've been living beyond our means, the club's in serious trouble, we know you love the club, we love you, would you please take a pay cut along with the rest of the squad because otherwise we're bankrupt. But instead it's we know you've got a contract and we owe you a lot of money but we don't want to keep paying you and how about you forget what we owe you and just feck off to England, thank you very much, because we need to register new players we've just bought?

What other club can do that and just get away with this PR disaster of massive proportions? As much as I dislike that club you have to admire the chutzpah of Laporta and Co.
It's because the propaganda-like Barca media. I've never seen anything like it in sports. Reminds me of a political party here in the states that can basically get away with anything because many of the larget "news outlets" (including the most popular cable news channel) will literally never report anything negative about them. Barcelona media operate the same way - rather than a check on outrageous behavior, the Barcelona media are the enablers of it.

JPRouve

Scout
K

Think he’s already registered so not an option
If I remember correctly even if you are above La Liga's limits the players that were registered last season remains registrable, it's the new players that aren't. Which means under 18(or 19 local) players that didn't require a registration and players transferred this season.

OrcaFat

No offense but United really aren't looking like winning anything any time soon. Top 4 is certainly not a guarantee next season for you, PL will be very competitive, especially if Ronaldo leaves also. The only pull really is ten Hag and I don't believe that's as important as made out, I don't care if he wished him well in a video. Players will look out for their own interests first and foremost. I honestly believe had a CL club seriously come in for him, he'd be gone already.

As for how Barca are treating him, it's drama hyped up by the media who have nothing else to talk about. Where is the evidence he is being bullied? Gary Neville is a clown, most of your fanbase already came to that conclusion, he has no idea what's going on behind the scenes, nor do any of us yet big bad Barca are a disgrace! Oh the horror of it all.

The new wage cap at Barca applies to EVERY player. Nobody will be getting the ridiculous Messi style wages anymore, it was unsustainable. Frenkie would of known this before the transfer saga; lower your wages to fall in line with the new structure or you leave. MAYBE Frenkie rejected that early on hence the wheels were put in motion to sell him.

If the 17mil deferred wages was a legal obligation for Barca to pay, they would pay it. We have money to blow, that's no longer the issue it's the wages. 17mil is nothing if it means saving his ridiculous wages. The deferred wages shit is another misinformation; IF Frenkie has a case, join United and sue us. Come out and tell the world how evil Barca are treating you badly, staying quiet makes no sense, Barca won't be paying. I don't believe this is all about money or Frenkie being greedy at all btw. United would probably make him the highest paid player in the PL or at least equal if he joins you, the player doesn't want to leave his dream club.

In summary, I think he'll leave still. His position at Barca is impossible and no player is going to risk a World cup year in a hostile environment at 25 years old, entering his prime, just to stick it to a club. IF it truly is about deferred wages being legally owed, he can leave now and sue Barcelona. Simple.
Barca is doing everything it can to make his staying impossible instead of just honouring the contract they’ve got with him. It is not true that they can’t survive if he doesn’t take a wage cut. If they don’t sign new players (like the ones they have) then the wage bill is manageable. (But boohoo then we can’t get Lewandowski, not fair, not fair). In any case, this is not FDJ’s problem.

Barca want to have their cake and eat it. Nothing less than a bloody disgrace. And I don’t really mind if FDJ comes here or not.

JPRouve

Scout
When did we actually get some positive news on this?
La Cope said that Barcelona clearly told him that he had to either take a 50% pay cut or leave. They also said that among all the offers that he has United are the more advanced.

Summit

:lol:

That’s not true man.

2013-14: CL
2014-15: missed out
2015-16: CL
2016-17: missed out
2017-18: CL
2018-19: CL
2019-20: missed out
2020-21: CL
2021-22: missed out

So historically we never miss out two years running, so we’re a safe bet for next season. ;)
13/14 we finished 7th? Where you getting your stats from cause they are different to the ones I'm looking at

JPRouve

Scout
13/14 we finished 7th? Where you getting your stats from cause they are different to the ones I'm looking at
Which is why we only missed the CL the following season.

JPRouve

Scout
How would it suit? We've finished outside the top 4 5 times since sir alex retired.
I don't know but in 13/14 we reached the CL quarter finals and lost against Bayern Munich, with the infamous Fellaini run.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The 'news' that he had to leave or take a paycut? Hardly groundbreaking. That's been said for man weeks now yet there's still no sign that this guy chooses to leave that broke joke of a club. He could simply stay put.
Convenient you chose to leave out the bit relevant to United :lol:

Summit

I don't know but in 13/14 we reached the CL quarter finals and lost against Bayern Munich, with the infamous Fellaini run.
I'm on about that year in the league. We finished 7th which means we missed out on the CL. It's happened 5 times since sir alex retired. That's my point and people keep saying it's 4 times

DSG

I'm 35. I work in what everyone classifies as "IT" despite not working in IT, but my job is so unbelievably boring that it's not worth explaining to folk. I have four kids which means that TV time consists of Moana on repeat and outdoor time involves standing around in a park watching someone go down a slide three million fecking times.

I have to spend most of my day nodding and maintaining a minimal level of attentiveness whenever my missus talks about some mundane shite she had an argument with someone about, and watch drab horror and sci-fi movies just to ensure I can get my hole three times a week and not be forced to sleep on the couch with the dog.

If my life was a colour it would be the most tepid grey you've ever seen. Muppet Transfer Season is all some of us have. Don't be evil. Don't take it away from us.
Brilliant post.

Rise up, oh muppets of lore. Unite your passion of muppetry to save @Mr Pigeon from his hell of mediocrity, and deliver unto his soul just a few moments of glorious jubilation, so he may, fleetingly, escape his prison and believe, if for just a moment, that a top 4 finish has a sliver of hope.

@Berbaclass @Brownie85

Status
Not open for further replies.