Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

I'm on about that year in the league. We finished 7th which means we missed out on the CL. It's happened 5 times since sir alex retired. That's my point and people keep saying it's 4 times
I think you're forgetting we won the Europa and qualified through that...

OrcaFat

I'm on about that year in the league. We finished 7th which means we missed out on the CL. It's happened 5 times since sir alex retired. That's my point and people keep saying it's 4 times
I make it 4 times including this upcoming season that we haven’t played CL. One time we qualified through winning the Europa League, if I’m not mistaken.

croadyman

Mitten was just live on off the ball - he wasn’t upbeat. He said ETH wants him, nothing imminent and FDJ has given no indication he wants to join.
Stronger Utd source than this Corrigan guy, so worrying he seemed so downbeat but then like someone said that's his general persona

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If the Athletic are reporting it from their own sources that pretty much confirms it.

3 months of the club embarrassing itself and it’ll probably be for nought.
We managed to sign Lisandro Martinez while Arnold and Murtoughy were in Barcelona dealing for De Jong. Maybe we should send them to China to deal for a random player there. Who knows maybe that would be enough to conclude the deal with De Jong.

redshaw

It has. Perhaps some are thinking of the Europa win qualify but you're talking about top 4 finish and I think that's important.

Moyes 7th
LVG 4th
LVG 5th
Jose 6th
Jose 2nd
Jose/Ole 6th
Ole 3rd
Ole 2nd
Ole/Ralf 6th

We'll have a tough time getting top 4 this season but I wouldn't 100% have Chelsea making top 4. Ever since the Russia thing they've faded a bit, not so good preseason, perhaps players lost a little belief.

Last edited:

Fanta Stick

Brilliant post.

Rise up, oh muppets of lore. Unite your passion of muppetry to save @Mr Pigeon from his hell of mediocrity, and deliver unto his soul just a few moments of glorious jubilation, so he may, fleetingly, escape his prison and believe, if for just a moment, that a top 4 finish has a sliver of hope.

@Berbaclass @Brownie85
A quick interlude for some pigeon related humour?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'm 35. I work in what everyone classifies as "IT" despite not working in IT, but my job is so unbelievably boring that it's not worth explaining to folk. I have four kids which means that TV time consists of Moana on repeat and outdoor time involves standing around in a park watching someone go down a slide three million fecking times.

I have to spend most of my day nodding and maintaining a minimal level of attentiveness whenever my missus talks about some mundane shite she had an argument with someone about, and watch drab horror and sci-fi movies just to ensure I can get my hole three times a week and not be forced to sleep on the couch with the dog.

If my life was a colour it would be the most tepid grey you've ever seen. Muppet Transfer Season is all some of us have. Don't be evil. Don't take it away from us.
Oh I hear you. Last night I dreamt of repeatedly smashing Elsa's head with a sledgehammer. Funnily enough she couldn't stop singing let it go.

C3Pique

Three times a week?!

Maybe you should get in on the negotiations. Murtough and Arnold seem like 'only on my birthday' types.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Time to change the thread tittle, having read that he wants Chleski over us has done my head twice.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
I'm 35. I work in what everyone classifies as "IT" despite not working in IT, but my job is so unbelievably boring that it's not worth explaining to folk. I have four kids which means that TV time consists of Moana on repeat and outdoor time involves standing around in a park watching someone go down a slide three million fecking times.

I have to spend most of my day nodding and maintaining a minimal level of attentiveness whenever my missus talks about some mundane shite she had an argument with someone about, and watch drab horror and sci-fi movies just to ensure I can get my hole three times a week and not be forced to sleep on the couch with the dog.

If my life was a colour it would be the most tepid grey you've ever seen. Muppet Transfer Season is all some of us have. Don't be evil. Don't take it away from us.
Never change.

ThemanGiggsy

Stronger Utd source than this Corrigan guy, so worrying he seemed so downbeat but then like someone said that's his general persona
the last Talk of the Devils podcast was 6 days and Mitten said he still believed FDJ would join. although he did say he only thought the chances were 60/40.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

:lol: :lol: :lol: Jesus. I take it all back - he's definitely signing.

Acquire Me

Muppet season is wonderful. Enjoy mate :)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

GazTheLegend

@Mr Pigeon top tier post nobody should ever take our transfers from us, we who have suffered the onslaught of Peppa pig, true crime drama and real life work drama being explained to us in excruciating detail all while we imagine our ancestors as the Vikings they may have been, spearing our enemies and drinking mead and roasted suckling pig round a glorious fire, knowing the gods were now appeased after the show we gave them in battle against the enemies of our faith. This is analogous to our muppetry.

James35

They regularly finish behind United in the league, even with Roman moneybags. Without him, well, let’s not take any bets on how much better than us they remain from him when they could barely do it with the Russian.
To be fair you could be right now Roman has left but besides that uncertainty they still have won the league twice since we last did, also won the CL twice since we last did and won the Europa League and FA cup since we last did. Add the World Club Cup and UEFA super cup wins as well then I could definitely understand why a player might think their chances of being successful are better with them than with us.

They are also in the Champions league next season whilst we are not after completing our worst league campaign since the Premier league began. Plus the most high profile player in the world is publicly wanting out which can’t help either.

To be honest Frenkie might be looking for more short term gain than a big project, if he has to leave Barcelona. Chelsea although not on City or Liverpools level still look more likely to achieve major honours than us. Plus the whole London life is a big pull for foreign players it seems.

EtH and our Club stature (bigger than Chelsea’s will ever be) are massive pulls of course, so we do have those in our favour but I’d be dubious about us getting top 4 next season even if he was to join. Maybe he feels that way also as our window has hardly been a huge statement of intent.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst

:lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

:lol: :(

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

:lol::(

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Never change.
I'd like to be a bit thinner but ok

:lol: :lol: :lol: Jesus. I take it all back - he's definitely signing.
Muppet season is wonderful. Enjoy mate :)
Xoxo
@Mr Pigeon top tier post nobody should ever take our transfers from us, we who have suffered the onslaught of Peppa pig, true crime drama and real life work drama being explained to us in excruciating detail all while we imagine our ancestors as the Vikings they may have been, spearing our enemies and drinking mead and roasted suckling pig round a glorious fire, knowing the gods were now appeased after the show we gave them in battle against the enemies of our faith. This is analogous to our muppetry.
:lol: by Thor's hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.