Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just going off reports pal. It has been said so many times. It would be foolish to think Chelsea have no chance if reports are true that they are interested. I hope they aren't cause I feel we'd lose that race atm.
He’ll join us over Chelsea

Wing Attack Plan R

Yesterday I negotiated a new contract for a project. If, in a few weeks' time, I found out that the company asked me to defer some of my wages because of a global invisible killer, I would do it. Then, the following year they tell me they're not paying me those wages, they want me to cut my rate in half, and they're hiring a bunch of new people at more than my rate, I'd go ballistic. Then they go on the offensive and trash me to the company? It's delusional.

Calling DeJong a fecking **** at this point (if he accepts Barcelona's terms) is being too kind. I know there are not a lot of dual rocket scientists/footballers, but are footballers really this idiotic?

peridigm

Just going off reports pal. It has been said so many times. It would be foolish to think Chelsea have no chance if reports are true that they are interested. I hope they aren't cause I feel we'd lose that race atm.
I don't. We have a manager he is familiar with and can see changes being made. I feel like it will make a difference regardless of no CL if he comes to us. Besides, his beloved Barca got dumped out of the CL and the EL last season. Who's to say that won't happen again or with Chelsea? It's a gamble either way in the PL unless you're signing for City or Liverpool.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Let's just hope that the Kounde pursuit by Barca has pissed Chelsea off so much, that they don't want to deal with them!

Tony247

I get what you're saying, but CL football does have a say in players decisions. Or are you saying it doesn't at all?
It usually comes after money. Most of them have only certain years to make millions of $$. And even during playing career that inflow dries down in 30s.

I get what you're saying, but CL football does have a say in players decisions. Or are you saying it doesn't at all?
If joining City or Liverpool, Bayern, Madrid or Barça for sure.
Anyone joining United, Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal right now for CL football is a moron. Kinda how Ronaldo no doubt feels right now.

United and Chelsea is a toss up every season for who finishes above the other.

redshaw

Well if for whatever reason United is a no go option for him, Barca will offload him on the cheap to Bayern PSG etc and they can put him on the shelf for later. One thing seems certain in all this is they want him gone and some liquidity.

Trex

If its true Barca need him gone to register new players then he's 100% off. They rather pay him than a situation were they loose Raphinha and Lewandoski.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Reaching end game now, final brief from Barcelona to try forcing him into a paycut.
Yeah, the ratchet will start cranking with increasing pressure over the coming days, Barca must be about ready to blink.

Contrary to popular opinion on here among the doom merchants, I actually think ETH and Utd have played this really smartly … if it pays off obviously :)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
One year out of the CL is unlikely to be a determining factor for a 25 years that has not only played in it a lot but likely have the confidence that he is a difference maker. The CL argument would be particularly relevant if we were talking about a significantly poorer club.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I agree but what is the solution then?

Today Barca are saying take a pay cut or you must leave. If he says I pick option 3, no pay cut and I stay here they will turn up the heat and the next thing will be Barca briefing their pet media that Frenkie is a greedy foreigner who does not love the club and is destroying Barca by not allowing them to register their new signings. Barcelona may not be such a nice place to live when the whole community essentially turns against you and you have to worry about the Barca ultras targeting you if you go out in public. When Barca want someone gone they have a track record of going as low as it takes to make it happen.
Even with strong-arming, they tread a very fine line before the player can involve arbitrators. @KirkDuyt already mentioned the Dutchies are starting to talk about blackmail and this whole saga hasn't gone unnoticed for Barcelona's sickening conduct. It's in their interests to keep things in-house, so it would be interesting to see how that would actually pan out. Not for Frenkie in real time of course, but for the rest of football observing such a contract dispute.

I don't think they can hound him out under circumstances.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yesterday I negotiated a new contract for a project. If, in a few weeks' time, I found out that the company asked me to defer some of my wages because of a global invisible killer, I would do it. Then, the following year they tell me they're not paying me those wages, they want me to cut my rate in half, and they're hiring a bunch of new people at more than my rate, I'd go ballistic. Then they go on the offensive and trash me to the company? It's delusional.

Calling DeJong a fecking **** at this point (if he accepts Barcelona's terms) is being too kind. I know there are not a lot of dual rocket scientists/footballers, but are footballers really this idiotic?
It's weird, because seeing Frenkie on the field he seems like a guy that would whinge excessively about something (anything) like this and off the pitch he seems like a smart dude (for a footballer).

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
One year out of the CL is unlikely to be a determining factor for a 25 years that has not only played in it a lot but likely have the confidence that he is a difference maker. The CL argument would be particularly relevant if we were talking about a significantly poorer club.
1 season? We've missed out on CL football 5 times since 2014

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
And the following season?
No offense but United really aren't looking like winning anything any time soon. Top 4 is certainly not a guarantee next season for you, PL will be very competitive, especially if Ronaldo leaves also. The only pull really is ten Hag and I don't believe that's as important as made out, I don't care if he wished him well in a video. Players will look out for their own interests first and foremost. I honestly believe had a CL club seriously come in for him, he'd be gone already.

As for how Barca are treating him, it's drama hyped up by the media who have nothing else to talk about. Where is the evidence he is being bullied? Gary Neville is a clown, most of your fanbase already came to that conclusion, he has no idea what's going on behind the scenes, nor do any of us yet big bad Barca are a disgrace! Oh the horror of it all.

The new wage cap at Barca applies to EVERY player. Nobody will be getting the ridiculous Messi style wages anymore, it was unsustainable. Frenkie would of known this before the transfer saga; lower your wages to fall in line with the new structure or you leave. MAYBE Frenkie rejected that early on hence the wheels were put in motion to sell him.

If the 17mil deferred wages was a legal obligation for Barca to pay, they would pay it. We have money to blow, that's no longer the issue it's the wages. 17mil is nothing if it means saving his ridiculous wages. The deferred wages shit is another misinformation; IF Frenkie has a case, join United and sue us. Come out and tell the world how evil Barca are treating you badly, staying quiet makes no sense, Barca won't be paying. I don't believe this is all about money or Frenkie being greedy at all btw. United would probably make him the highest paid player in the PL or at least equal if he joins you, the player doesn't want to leave his dream club.

In summary, I think he'll leave still. His position at Barca is impossible and no player is going to risk a World cup year in a hostile environment at 25 years old, entering his prime, just to stick it to a club. IF it truly is about deferred wages being legally owed, he can leave now and sue Barcelona. Simple.

:lol:

That’s not true man.

2013-14: CL
2014-15: missed out
2015-16: CL
2016-17: missed out
2017-18: CL
2018-19: CL
2019-20: missed out
2020-21: CL
2021-22: missed out

So historically we never miss out two years running, so we’re a safe bet for next season. ;)

Last edited:

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
"We've signed 4 players, spending over 100 million and we're not done but you need to take a pay cut".

He should Bogarde them.
I just can't believe the audacity. It's one thing to say, we've been living beyond our means, the club's in serious trouble, we know you love the club, we love you, would you please take a pay cut along with the rest of the squad because otherwise we're bankrupt. But instead it's we know you've got a contract and we owe you a lot of money but we don't want to keep paying you and how about you forget what we owe you and just feck off to England, thank you very much, because we need to register new players we've just bought?

What other club can do that and just get away with this PR disaster of massive proportions? As much as I dislike that club you have to admire the chutzpah of Laporta and Co.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes one season. the only season that matters for our future in the CL and De Jong is 22/23. Unless the boy is an absolute lunatic and claims that he won't join a club that wasn't in the CL in 2016/2017.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I agree but what is the solution then?

Today Barca are saying take a pay cut or you must leave. If he says I pick option 3, no pay cut and I stay here they will turn up the heat and the next thing will be Barca briefing their pet media that Frenkie is a greedy foreigner who does not love the club and is destroying Barca by not allowing them to register their new signings. Barcelona may not be such a nice place to live when the whole community essentially turns against you and you have to worry about the Barca ultras targeting you if you go out in public. When Barca want someone gone they have a track record of going as low as it takes to make it happen.
This!

If Barca refuse to pay him according to his original contract I don’t think taking the legal route and eventually suing his favorite club is an option he and his family will prefer. Laporte is a politician and he knows how to twist thing in his favor.

Barca and Frenkie will sooner or later find a solution where both can continue without losing face. What else?

Trex

Chelsea regularly play CL and won the thing just a year ago. We on the other hand embarrass ourselves there in the last 10 years.
Chelsea aren't even truly in for this guy no one with any signicance has said they are.

NLunited

This thread has everything. The failed Haiku :lol::lol:

omg the stupidity of Barça Twitter posts: Frenkie must reduce wages or gets SOLD

Of course he could say no to both
HaHaHaHaHa

HAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.